Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #13

AHHHHHHHHH! *pulls hair out* Avaleigh's sleeping has gone out the friggin window! She has been in bed now for 1 hour and is still not asleep. She normally goes to sleep within an hour after her first feed but NOPE not this week! I really think she is teething cause she is not sleeping much and biting everything and been rubbing ears heaps. I felt her gums the other day and they were hard.

AHH!! Better go rock her to sleep so I can do some stuff.

Lis - I recently read something interesting about 'baby led weaning' which talks about allowing lumpy food etc quite early. I can't remember where it was but if you google that phrase you should come up with something. Autumn has things that aren't quite pureed eg. just mashed avocado or pumpkin but they are soft lumps and she has no trouble with them. I will be holding off on meat and dairy for a while because I just personally think she needs time to develop digestion properly before trying those (plus they'll make really smelly poo LOL) I think it's really up to you and what you think your own child is capable of. As far as amounts go, Autumn still has at least 4 BF a day plus 1 or 2 at night and is having solids always at dinner time and some days at around 11ish too. Tummy time/sitting time - do what she's happy with!

Is there anyonw here that hasn't begun Solids yet???
    I feel like a nuffy, cos from the sounds of things, everyone else seems to have started already. Lach is very happy and content with being exclusively BF, and after all the trouble we had midway through tha last 6 months, I won't be screwing with it for a little bit.

Hope you are all well... feel like a bit of an outsider and stranger here now....

It's gross and hot here.. 43 degrees again today.

ANyway, off to have another quick shower

hugs
    nicky

Nicky, I only give Zy farex, not every day either, but I never did before 6mths with the girls they didnt seem to need/want it... Zy is guts & is close to 9kgs nowHe was having 10breastfeeds a day... I was exhausted & so I tried it a couple wks ahgo & he enjoyed it...
    But if Lach doesnt want it, he certainly doesnt need it... It's best to wait...

Nicky- Kaetlyn is still not on solids. CHN said not to, as she is fine at the moment, will start after she turns 6 months though. Have got everything ready- have pureed pumpkin, sweet potato and have carrots and zuchini to do today. To be honest I am not sure how she will go. She watches us eat, but that is as far as she wants it. Also she still has her extrusion reflex- where her tounge pushes everything out, and is seems like it will be there for a while yet.

Well am off to finish odd jobs- have been lazy since chrissy, and got up this morning, and decided that the car needed detail cleaning, so have done that, has just finsihed polishing it, now about to hang out the washing and wash that last couple of days nappies. Joy!!! (It hadnt been vaccummed since about 8weeks pg)!!!

And silly me decided to do this in the stupid heat!!!

Megan76 Guest

HI EVERYONE! I am back from a very busy trip to Tassie! We arrived in on the Spirit of Tasmania this morning so i have heaps to do but just wanted to pop in and say hi! Will be back later to have a read!

By the way Happy 6 months to my little boy today!! Can't believe it.....

YAY... Work offered me a new role!!!!
    My old job (kooshy) but whatever hours I want to do... I am thinking 3-8 or maybe 9!??? Will discuss with Dh over the weekend & then i have to let them know & in 1 wks time I will be starting that, so 1 more week of nights & then doing my old job in the hours that suit me/us!!!!

YAY!!! I am so happy, thrilled, excited, ecstatic & relieved!!!!!!!

Yay, Tracey - that's fantastic! Sounds like they really value you at your work (and so they should!!)

Hi everyone, has been way too long since I've been in here- have been MIA for no particular reason, just busy with bubs and Christmas, etc.

Well, exciting news - Amelie got her first tooth yesterday!

Nicky- don't feel left out about the solids - wait until you and Lach are ready. I still haven't given anything solid to Amelie, as I was waiting for her feeding patterns to change, which they hadn't. So, she will be 6 months old on Sunday and I'm thinking I will start then, as she has been waking one extra time a night a bit recently, plus she keeps diving at food on our plates (and other people's- which is quite funny when you're at BBQ's!), so it's onto farex for us soon.

DH is back at work after the Christmas break this week and I am really missing him!! I think he's missing Amelie too and is talking about having less time at work soon. He has also decided to give up cricket (hallelujah) and go to the gym instead. This is great, as cricket involves 2 nights training a week, plus all day playing on Saturdays. To be fair he wasn't training both nights and wasn't playing every week, but it's still a big commitment. I am thinking about going back to the gym too, now that I would feel more comfortable with putting Amelie into creche. Might look into it....

Am also going to look into baby swimming lessons...

hey everyone.

I've just come back from a meeting with my boss. It went OK. I told him what I want (working from home 70% of the time) and he said that he will have a talk to a few people and see what can be done. he would rather me back in the officefull time but i told him that whatever I make will go on daycare so there is no point. He does iunderstand that Avaleigh is number 1 for me. I should here back from him next week, so fingers crossed he goes for it or I will be resigning.

BBL for personals. (I hope!)

HI everyone,

Have had a quick read but will read again when Livvie goes down. Trying to clean and play with her its hard!

But just got a quick questions. This morning when I got Livvie up she had done a poo, then after her 11am feed and solids she did another one, then I just changed her again!! They aren't runny, a little dark mustard colour. Could this be because I have put her on the 6months Karicare Gold? She is happy and had all her bottle and food all day. She is also pulling at her ear (is that a sign of teething?) and earlier she was a bit grizzly when nothing was in her mouth for her to chew.

Sorry to hound everyone with questions but this must be the stage of their lives that things are going to be more new and confusing to us all!!

Lis and Liv xxx

I wouldn't worry too much Lis. Could just be the change of formula that she's getting used to. If she's happy and not showing signs of pain, it should be ok. Autie pulls at her ear when she's tired but it could be teeth I guess - I think we'll all be complaining of teething problems soon!

Megan76 Guest

Flossie - yesterday Lucas pooed SEVEN times! The past few days they have been awful! Not sure what's going on, but i changed to the 6 month formula too.....people have told me that some babies poo changes when they're teething too. Dont know about you but it i want the old poo back!!!!!

Olivers poos have changed too! It's the teething girls. He usually does one every second day but this past week he has been doing at least four a day. I hope he cuts a tooth soon!!!

Megan76 Guest

Bring on the teeth so i can stop gagging at the poo!!

Well i just did a marathon read so i am up to date but there is no way i can remember enough to say anything now! Will be able to keep up from now on, just had to read up to make sure i didn't miss anything huge!!!!

Flossie,

Dont worry about changes in bubs poo etc, it could be teething, could be a more mature gut, could be change in formula, could be anything!!!

You wont know anything really til 'hindsight' like she'll be grizzly for a few days & you'll wonder whtas going on & then notice a tooth or something liem that... It's not til after the culprit pops through that you realise what was going on...

V, Hope works can sort something out for you...

I am so happy mine have!

Enchanted Guest

Hey everyone!

Sorry I have been MIA... I have been around and reading but not posting!! It's always sooo busy in here I'll attempt personals so sorry to anyone I miss...

V- I know what you mean re- sleeping and not going to sleep straight away! Oscar has been doing it for the past month and it is driving me insane! He just grizzles and grizzles... I *think* it may be his teeth that are annoying him but then again I could be wrong!

Nicky- We haven't started solids here yet either! We are off to Ikea on Monday to buy a highchair for Oscar and then sometime next week we might start on some farex

Megan- Yay on the trip to Tassie... nice to have you back though!

Tracey- I saw your post about your job and being offered your old role! That is fantastic that you can work what hours you want and you don't really miss out on any time with your gorgeous kiddies!

That's as far back as I can go but to all you gorgeous Mummies and bubs I missed!!

Well with us... we have been going ok. Oscar and I are off to the RCH on Monday for his appt about his "head"!! It seems a lot better but I still want to see what they have to say. I'd much rather him have a helmet for a couple of months rather than have a misshapen head for the rest of his life! I think we are going to get im a haircut too as he has a bit of a "comb-over" !! I think Oscar has teeth starting to come up.. I can see that some places on his gums that they are pushing out at the front so I don't think they will be too far away.

Well I best leave it here and I'll be back later! Have a great day
    Last edited by Enchanted; January 12th, 2008 at 07:56 AM.

Hi everyone,
    Been MIA, down in Sydney and using dial up so everything to taking for frigggiiinnn eeeeeeevvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr. Can't talk long, just wanted to wish all the bubbas a happy 6 month birthday.
    Will read back when I get home.

Take care all.

Hi all,

V, you fight them, I'm sure you will get to go scuba diving. I hope you get the work you want.

Floss, I agree with raels, you need to do what you think is best for your bub. Remember you can always go to another nurse even if just once for a second opinion. Different nurses have different interpretations of the guidelines. I would have also thought that if you were introducing lumps you would puree less so vegies would be more lumpy to start with. RE poo, xavier when it's hot wil poo a max of twice a day in the coolest part of the day. If it's cool he pretty much poos once for every feed. but we get anywhere from 2-6 poos per day.

Nicki, Xavier does get baby rice but that's it until 6 months ish. If lach is happy then let him be, he will let you know if he wants more, i'm sure. xavier was starting to show some signs of needing more, and now that he has started he is eyeing off our food in a whole new way. Has his eyes on my vegiemite toast!!
    I hear you on the heat we have no aircon so I think our house ends up 2-3 degrees above the outside temp.

Happy 6 months lucas

Tracey, that's fantastic!! They must really want you in that job. Do you still have to work with that women though??

teeth, I don't know how you guys manage to check out inside your bubs mouth, if I try to look or feel I'm not allowed, he turns his head and nything that goes in his mouth gets power sucked on!! But I think we will be waiting a while for those here, thankfully!!

Argh Xavier and I still both have snotty noses, this is really frustrating and I just wish they would go away!! It's so frustrating not being able to take anything. Mines not bad but I do have asthma playing up because of it, but my poor little man is having difficulty breathing. He has even started breathing through his mouth already, and to top it all off it's stinking hot and some nights he doesn't even have a singlet on that I can put a little vicks on. We have his bed tilted. The other night our house didn't drop below 35 degrees all night. I have cold packs in the fridge that I cool down his matress with before he goes to bed it's so hot.
    That's my rant. Thanks for listening.

Well I got through my first week of work and a whole week of expressing. The aircon at work didn't work on thurs - Fri so aas you can imagine it got quite warm which made expressing difficult. Trying to remember to drink as much water as possible but it's so hard to remember. I'm also getting very hungry so I had to buy some snacks for work. lol my office is full of food.

I am expressing 3 times per day while I'm at work. Now I know that at some stage he will reduce the amount of feeds per day and possibly increase the amount he has too. given that he is getting ebm 5 times a week and only me on the weekends i'm thinking it's going to be harder for my body to adjust to new feeding patterns. Has anyone got any ideas about this.

Thanks

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast