Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #13

Rebecca, thats EXACTLY what I did with Indah... She had EBM every day of the week whilst I was at work, I fed her in the morning before work from boob, then as soon as I walked in the door, I sat down with her & offered her booby she ALWAYS sucked for a little while, I then let her comfort suck all weekend if she wanted too & at night after work... I made that my spare time thingy, sit down & offer boob whilst watching TV after dinner etc.... I fed her til 14+mths with no problems! So as long as you keep expressing '& offering booby whenever you can, you should be fine!

As for my work..... my old boss has been sent to another site! yay, so it's even better!!!!
    We will have more $$$$'s too as there's no childcare fee's! So I can do 5-6hrs, not sure just yet, but it can also be flexible... I am so glad I asked for what I wanted!

Oshani, Zy had a combover/Ray Martin look, so we clippered his hair! It's starting to hang over his ears again, so he'll get another cut soon...

Floss, I forgot to say I wouldnt be offering mince & cheese etc yet, Indah hated mushed food & pretty much went straight on to finger foods at 7mths, I think I'd not to the MCHN but continue with what you are doing! afteall your her Mum & she's doing so well...

Hi Mel!!!

hey everyone!!

I managaed to get in to my scuba diving course and I am absolutely buggered.. today's training was from 9 - 4 and my boobs were killing me afterwards!! I did pump some during lunch time but we only had lunch for 30 mins so instead of giving Avaleigh solids for dinner, I gave her my boob instead. She was happy to take even tho she had 240mls of milk 2 hours beforehand. Their not too sore now but I got a real sore spot that I hope she can work out later. LOL Well enough about my boobs!!

Bec - you asked a fews days ago if we do something special for Avaleigh to be sitting/standing.. well no, I dont think we do!! We just encourage her and if she is sitting and we lift her arms up slightly, she will want to stand!! I guess she is jsut a quick learner like her Daddy

Anyway, I better go. Avaleigh is squealing in her bedroom (must have lost her dummy), Jason will be home with dinner soon and the house is a mess!! Gosh, I leave the man alone for a day and he manages to mess everything up. LOL MEN huh!

Hey All

My news is that I went out to lunch with the girls today and left DH to take care of getting Autie down for her lunchtime nap - first time ever - she usually needs to feed off me for a while to settle and when she does go down awake, it's always me that gets her to sleep. I gave him a million instructions (pat like this, stroke here, say this, try the swing if all else fails) and a pile of stuff if desperate (fruit gel, rusk, mesh food bag, rice cereal LOL Anyway, I got a message 20mins later that she was asleep and all was well turns out he sang her Waltzing Matilda while rubbing her bum (he's very patriotic lol) Such a good feeling to know I can leave her and they'll both be ok. He did tell me when I got home that he'd been a bit nervous but hid it from me in case I didn't go out. Awwwww....

Tracey, good news on the work front - glad it's all working out for you.

Mel, does dial-up really still exist?!? LOL I remember the frustration! See you when you get back.

Welcome back Megan

Happy 6 months to everyone! Sorry I didn't get a personal in for all - my memory sucks.

Hi everyone,

hope you're all doing well! Haven't been on for a while now (over a month)with xmas and everything and just got back from being in NZ for a few weeks well I will be back on soon to catch up a bit better!

HI Jas nice to see you! Hope to see you around more....

Lach has been doing the standing thing for a few weeks now
    He's been going fab as always..... has been showing signs of wanting food... Like, trying to grab it out of my hands and mouth lol... but I am worried about the possibility of allergies etc, so Decided to wait the 6 months I didn't want to risk it.

Lach is making so many different noises now, he's like a little person. He is nt far from saying his first words I think, and then it's all down hill from there.
    He has nearly cut 2 teeth... they are poking out the top of his gums, but haven't quite cut the gums yet... can't be too far.

He is barely crying anymore aswell.... well, at least nothing like he used to. He wakes up happy, he goes to sleep happy, and he is constantly smiling.
    He is the best thing to ever happen to me. I still can't beleive how fabulous and lucky I am to be his mum!!!

Well, off to finish my mums birthday present.

Night
    xxoo

Megan76 Guest

Morning all!
    Was just wondering if anyone elses bubs is having separation anxiety? Since we got back from Tassie if we even walk out of the room Lucas screams, and if we are around he will not let anyone else hold him....i am pulling my hair out!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all,

Will try try try and do personals....ready...here goes:

Megan - Olivia does get seperation issues at times, but if we walk out of the room she isn't too bad, but if she goes to someone she doesn't see that often she screams. I don't like it either as I won't her to go to everyone, but secertly sometimes I like it as I know she loves and wants her Mummy and Daddy

Sacha - That is great DH got Autie of to sleep! Its such a great feeling for the Daddy's to know that their little ones will settle for them as well, not just Mum. The only time Olivia won't settle with DH is when she is out of control screaming, but that is not very often and only if teeth hurt or over tired.

Welcome back Jas!

Bec - I didn't think of Olivia doing lots of poos cause of the heat, but that would make perfect sense! She has only done 1 a day since that day of 3 horrors!!!

Mel - Hope you are enjoying Sydney!!

Oshani - hope everything goes well tomorrow!

V - I hope your boss gives you what you want! I am thinking about talking to mine and seeing if they can have me for 1 day maybe starting Feb. Olivia will go to Mum's for that day - it will just be handy having the extra $$

Thanks to everyone for your opinions on the food. I was really annoyed at the health nurse for saying I should be doing this and that with her. I didn't like her, have only seen her once as my normal one was busy.

Me - I have just pureed SO much baby food for Livvie today, was great DH was home so I got stuck into it while he played and feed Livvie. She is enjoying her food a lot more now. Was funny, she had 3 nights of screaming after her last bottle and it took us ages to get her to sleep. I think was definately the teeth as I think I can see the start of a toothy peg but last night after her bottle she screamed like she wanted more (this is a bossy scream) so all I had was some organic jar stuff so she had over half of that and went to bed happy and straight to sleep!!!!

I am still thinking of putting her on 3 feeds but uping her bottles to 250ml. But I am confused with what to give her for breakfast lunch and tea. Like do I give her fruit and vege with lunch bottle, or milk vege and custart for dinner??? IYKWIM?? I don't want to over feed her!! LOL

Any suggestions?

Lis xx

I did personals!!!

Hi to everyone else!!!!

Enchanted Guest

Evening everyone

Hope you all had a great weekend!! We had a nice relaxing weekend which was fantastic.. we didn't go anywhere which is just the way I like it! I have been feeling very rundown though which sucks.... I am always tired no matter what time I go to bed. I am going to have BTs tomorrow to see if they can find anything... I lost quite a bit of blood when I had Oscar so the Dr is thinking maybe my iron levels are still down. Anyway... we'll just have to wait and see. Also tomorrow we are off to Ikea to buy a high chair so we can start Oscar on solids soon (well farex) and then off to the RCH about Oscar's head... I'm feeling ok about it at the moment. I'll update you when we get home tomorrow night! I am not sure if I did the right thing or not today?!? I gave Oscar a teething rusk... his teeth seem to be playing up big time and he bites down on anything he can get his hands on. He didn't seem to mind it and he had a good chew... what do you all think?! Am I ok to keep giving them to him for relief even though we haven't started solids?!

V- That's great you got into the course... it would be amazing!!

Sacha- That's great that you were able to leave Autumn in your DHs capable hands It's nice to be able to go out isn't it?! I haven't been out and left Oscar at home with Shane but it won't be in the too distant future!! Mum has looked after Oscar while Shane and I have gone out which was nice!

Jas- Welcome back!! I hope little Noah is going well!

Hope everyone has a great night and will bbl

Megan76 Guest

Lis- i know what you mean, it is nice to be so loved! I just find it quite demanding if we go somewhere and he gets fussy with everyone else...wont last forever though so i will deal with it! I did a bit of pureeing this weekend myself. Not sure about the whole feeding thing either but i have just started giving Lucas cereal in the morning after milk and then vegies around 5.30-6, he then has his last bottle 7-7.30 and this has been working...he has slept till 8.30 two days in a row, he normally is up by 7am!!

Oshani- good luck at ikea...i always get lost there! Also good luck at the RCH its always stressful to have to go there (lucas had a heria op at 11 weeks) but i am sure it will all be fine!

Sacha - i am glad everything went well with DH's baby sitting duties, i will have to remember waltzing matilda when i need to calm lucas!

I have been at a baby shower today and DH baby sat, Lucas was an angel and had two big (well big for him!) sleeps while i was out. DH gave him some sweet potato and it is still stuck up his nose!!

xx

Hi everyone

Well, we've had quite a good weekend. On Saturday Diana went to her friend's third birthday party. It was quite good, not as hectic as I expected, although I think all the parents were secretly thinking that there wasn't enough alcohol, lol. It was good though. She was too little to play with the other kids. One little boy tired to play with her, picked her up, then put her down and she tipped over and hit her head on the floor. Poor little thing, and poor little boy, he kind of ran away after that. Still all good.

Yesterday, Diana managed a three hour sleep during the day. Woo hoo! I managed to sleep for two of those hours and felt so refreshed afterwards (and then exhausted myself doing housework all evening ). Diana then wouldn't go to sleep at night. Sigh. So I had to carry her around in the sling while I did the cooking, laundry, etc. At one point Diana started pulling on my top and bra, telling me that she wanted breastmilk. What a clever little girl! After a feed, she went to sleep for a few hours (thankfully), before waking up again at midnight. So all in all, I'm not sure if that long lay sleep was worth it. It was brilliant at the time though.

Oshani - I think its okay to give Oscar rusks before starting solids. Diana got her first teeth at 4 months, so we gave her rusks too. Hope you feel better soon.

Megan - I've heard of lots of babies getting separation anxiety at this stage. Apparently its something to do with them becoming aware that they are their own person and not part of mummy. Luckily Diana seems to be fine with other people, although she doesn't like to be left alone.

Jas - welcome back!

Nicky - awww, so lovely to read your thoughts on Lachlan. I feel the same way about Diana.

Sacha - yay on DH being able to settle Autie. Its a comfort to know that he can do it, isn't it?

Veronica - yay on getting into the scuba diving course. Hope that you can work things out with your boss too. I've just had a job interview for a part-time role this morning, but am not sure if I am ready to do it. Oh well, if I get the position, I'm sure I'll be able to work it out.

Rebecca - hope you and Xavier feel better soon. Go to a chemist or natural health shop as there are things that you can take while bfing, e.g. garlic and echinacea, lemon and honey, etc. How's work going for you?

Hi to everyone else.

Hey everyone

I hope everyone and bubs are doing well. We are good over here... Just checked onAvaleigh is she is trying to crawl in her cot!! She is meant to be sleeping LOL

I had my second day of my dive course yesterday and it was all day in the pool. It was a fun day but I am really sore today from carrying around the heavy equipment! Jason had Avaleigh all day from 7.30am to 5.30pm and he said she did not cry once and slept heaps for him!! Why cant she do that with me??!! I think it was because he spent all day playing with her, and the house was a mess when I got back!

Anyway, better go...

Megan76 Guest

I am just getting on to say that i am so stupid! Lucas woke up after half an hours sleep and i knew he was still tired so i picked him up and settled him and then put him back to bed. He then started crying again so i thought id do some controlled crying and go in after 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 min...he screamed and screamed till i was in tears listening but didn't want to give in, but i did after the 8 min time and picked him up and he was still screaming and whimpering and it took me so long to settle him. I ended up in tears again cos i felt so bad. I have finally just put him down again. If i had have just got him up after half an hours sleep i would have saved us both the trauma! AARRHHH!!

oh megan76 i feel for you... I too tried doing that cos it worked so well for a friend of mine but we ended up the same as you two! We were both crying and I decided it wasn't worth it I think some babies are ok to get a bit cranky but then they settle down and go to sleep, but some (like ours) just get more upset and then nothing will calm tham.
    Don't feel bad! We all try things to see if it will work its all such a guessing game!
    Does anyone else think the last 6 months has gone super fast? I can't believe it! Our babies turn one this year!!!! OMG !!!!

Take care everyone!
    xox

Megan76 Guest

Thanks Nay23. Its only the 2nd time i have tried controlled crying and it worked the first time, but obviously a disaster the next! I think i just made a bad judgement call...oh well you win some and lose many!! The last 6 months has definately flown, but when i think back to the first 6 weeks of motherhood, that went pretty slow!!

Very quiet in here today....everyone else must have more exciting lives than me...ha ha

well, was logging on to finally get around to some personals, but true to form, my attention is being called elsewhere. This kid of mine is refusing to go to sleep at the moment, doing my head in a bit. Megan, I think you've done well to even try controlled crying, I can't bear it.
    if he's still giving me grief once MIL has gone I might have a go, but just now I can't cos I don't cope when I have an audience for his performance. here's a message to you all from himself

uhknnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

hmm, might have just uncovered the source of his waking - popping off to see if a nappy change helps him settle, once the gurglings have stopped.

If I'm lucky, will BBL tonight, if not, then hopefully tomorrow. In the meantime, a big hello to you all.

Megan I do that to Autie now and then when i think she hasn't slept enough - did it today in fact! So horrid but you just know they're still tired when they wake crying. I always know when she's had enough when she wakes and I hear her on the monitor 'talking' to Johnson, her elephant. Don't feel bad, I've been doing a useless half-hearted version of CC for a couple of months now! I've decided that I'll come down real firm and do it properly when she's a bit older.

Hi all,

Thanks Tracey, the weekend just gone a lot of boobie was offered because he's not feeling too well, and wasn't sleeping well, and I even had to get up at 3am this morning to express 'cause I as soo full. plus then fed him around the same time, where he had a really long feed, so much so he slept in till 7.30 when I woke him and wasn't interested in much more food then. Once at work I got about 100 ml's more than what I was getting last week.
    glad that nasty piece of work is on another site now.

V, you must have one clever little cookie there, maye she is clever like her daddy and can't sit still like her mummy :P

Sacha, how cute, he survived. Now you can go out all the time.

Nicki, it sounds like you guys are really going well now. You can tell that he is your pride and joy. And I'm sure you will enjoy every word he says until he says no!

Megan, no seperation anxiety here, but xaver is one of the youngest. I'm hoping that we might avoid that and that he will be so used to the child care people he won't make a fuss. I don't mind if he clings to me on the weekends though, 'cause I miss my little man.
    don't beat yourself up over the crying. xavier has what I call a point of no return cry. If that's the cry, i don't even bother trying to settle him.

Floss, I don't know about the others but I am personally finding this solid food things rather confusing trying to work out exactly how much and when to increase. I guess he will tell me if he's still hungry huh?

Zofia, I know there are natural things I could probably try to help me, but I really can't stand them. All I really want is a decongestant but I'm not that bad. The best we have been able to do for xavier is panadol and a nasal asperator, aka snot sucker. It's kind of too hot here for steam and I have no where to put vicks as it can't touch his skin and i'm minimising clothing sheets blankets etc.

Well I went back to work again this week, Xavier was really snotty this morning, getting to be really runny snot so I'm hoping he's getting better. I was secretly hoping that they would call me and say he's too sick could you come and get him. But alas no I didn't get a phone call. Well it's getting late and I have bottles and a pump to clean before I get Xavier up for his dream feed.

Catch ya's

Awesome Bec, that your getting plenty of milk for him... expressing is easy if it just flows out nicelyzy started waking at 3am, so I am gonna say it's a growth spurt... If he keeps growing like this I'll need a wheelbarrow to push him inI got this week off before starting my new /old role next week 3-8...5 hours YAY!

OK BBL, Zy'hit his head on the floorboards!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast