Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #15

YacinesMommy Guest

Hi Girls,
    It's been aaaaaaages since i've been here. Not sure if anyone remebers me. I have a Little girls called Yacine and she will be 7 months on friday.
    She was a little sick last week with Temps between 38-39.5C. I took her to the :doctor: on Wednesday, as she broke out in a rash. She took one look at her and said she has Roseola Infantum in other words Baby Measels. It it not dangerous and most children will have had it b the time they are 2yo. And only contageous before the rash. So I had to warn my mother group girls, cause I saw them on the friday before. Thanksfully none of them got it.
    She is aso getting top right Tooth to come through. It's really bothering her . poor fing. I can see it has partialy cut through. Thats tooth #3 My baby is growing up. She's still off her food but I dont know if its because of her tooth or if her throat is still hurting her. Last night though, I noticed that she was also pulling on her ear, not the eat that her tooth is coming through though. To all you experienced mummies . do they usually pull on the ear that they have a tooth coming throuh on or does it not matter
    Today DH was saying that he wants to get a walker for Yacine. She is so active, crawls everywhere and is into everything . She is also constantly pulling herself up on everything and furniture cruising . I am always worried that she will fall back and hit her head. Our house is mainly tiles with a rug in the living room and she has started to let go of the furniture now and is trying to balance.
    Will try to keep up with everyone.

Tina and Yacine

Megan76 Guest

Hi all,
    Hope you are all having a good long weekend! We had my dad's 60th yesterday which was fun! Lucas was a good boy though he didn't sleep much cos it was hot and noisy! Actually he is so noisy, the squealing, my god!!

Happy 6 months to the babies!!

Sacha -Lucas has been in his room since pretty much the start! I couldn't handle sleeping in the same room, i never got any sleep!

Raels - glad the party went well!

Tina - gee i hope Yacine is ok, poor little thing, how stressful! I read in the BabyLove book that babies just love to play with thier ears so it doesn't necessarily mean anything!

TOJ - glad you are feeling better and have been able to have a nana nap the last few days!

V - can't believe you saw a stingray, i would have s**t myself! I am a sook in the ocean!

Cant believe the clever crawling babies, wow!

Two questions for everyone...
    1) what yoghurt can i use?
    2) does it matter if i change to a different formula? I seem to get the most expensive one...NAN gold...what do others who bottle feed use??

Enjoy having your darling partners home today!! ha ha
    Last edited by Megan76; January 28th, 2008 at 08:41 AM.

Good morning everyone,

Sacha - Oliver started sleeping in his own room a couple of weeks ago but when he wakes, usually 4:30 or 5, comes in with me (DF is up by then). He only feeds for about 20 mins and goes back to sleep til around 8. I don't bother putting him back in his cot cause I enjoy that time.

Blueflower - yeah bummer hey! I saw the picture. Did they even interview you or anything?

Tina - I was just on facebook and was wondering where you had gotten to! Poor little Yacine, being sick and now onto her third tooth!!! And OMG what an active little girl you have. Hope to see you in here a bit more.

Megan - I use the Vaalia "My First Yoghurt". Adult yoghurt has too much sugar in it.

Well I'm off to cover about 100 school books in contact. Hope everyone has a great day!

Raels xo

Enchanted Guest

Morning everyone!

Hope you all are having a great weekend! Welcome back to Elli and Tina

Our weekend has been good... Saturday I caught up with a gf that is pregnant. Yesterday we went to a friends for a BBQ and had a few drinks then today I am just catching up on housework as we have hardly been home!! Shane has gone fishing which I am a bit upset about... he hardly gets any days off (he works 6 days a week) and the days he does have off he goes off and does things like fishing *sniff* Anyway, I'm making the most of the peace and quiet though while Oscar is asleep!

So I better go and get something done before he wakes up! Will BBL!

Have a great day Mummies and bubbies!!

Hi everyone

Well, so far we've had a good long weekend. On Saturday we went to an event in the park, then were going to go into town to watch the fireworks, but Diana fell asleep, so we stayed home and watched a DVD instead. (Actually, I'm glad that Diana went to sleep as I was too tired to go out anyway.)

Yesterday, Diana had a good day-sleep day. She slept til 10:30 in the morning (she work up before that - don't know what time it was, but I told her to go back to sleep, went to sleep myself and when I woke up at 9:50am, she was asleep). Woo hoo. She had 2 more naps of over an hour during the day too. She ate mince and beans for dinner last night and a few hours later did a poo in the potty - the nappy was clean! Yay! (Okay, probably TMI).

Today she managed to squirm off my lap and fall to the floor while I was trying to post on BB. I feel like a bad mummy now, but I think that she'll be fine.

Hope you're all having a good public holiday.

Enchanted Guest

NOTE- A BB member has just had photos of her gorgeous little man stolen from her website and someone else was using them as their own. I have just password protected all of mine. I can't believe that there are such twisted people out there

Edit- It was not BB it happened on.
    Last edited by Enchanted; January 28th, 2008 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Added comment

OMG really???? How did you find that out. Are they BB photo gallery? or external photo galleries?

Enchanted Guest

External photo gallery Mel.

It was nothing to do with BB.. it was an external place it happened.

OMG. How sick. How do you protect them. I have a password to my site, is that enough???????

Enchanted Guest

Yeah, I think so Mel. I have just put a password on mine. There really isn't anything else you can do unless you take them off

Hi everyone,
    Just thought I'd pop on here quickly before I start dinners.

Danielle, I still can't believe it about those photos, scarey isn't to think of what people will do. How far pregnant is your friend?

Zofia, Diana sounds to be doing really well. Have you heard about that job yet?

Raels, Back to school already, although I bet it doesn't sound so soon for you;. I used to love back to school shopping and coverings etc. I can't wait to start it again for our kids. I bet in a blink of an eye, I will be.

Tina, poor little Yacine, I hope she is doing better now. I can't believe our babies will be 7 months in a couple of days. And wow on all her teeth. Jack still doesn't have any, but I'm not holding my breath for them making an appearance soon, Charlize didn't get her first one for 4 days before her first birthday.

Megan, I remember with Charlize, I could give her normal yoghurt. But I can't remember from what age. There is the baby yoghurt you could try, but I think it is full of sugar. And not to sure about the formula. I would say it would be o.k. I would just stick to a similar one. I used to use Nan for Charlize what she went to formula. I was told it was one of the best, as it has the bifidus and something else in it that is important for healthy stomachs. And from memory it was late teen dollars. But would always come and go on special. HTH.

Ellibugs, I hear you about not wanting them to grow up so fast. Jack is probably our last, and I'm wanting him to stay a baby forever.

Sara, bummer about the story. There might be bigger and better stardom to come yet

Sacha, Jack is in his cot in his room for night sleeps and sometimes on our bed for day sleeps. I try to do this so he will be fine to sleep anywhere when out. Sometimes I lay in with him on our bed after his 5am feed. I love that time together too.

and

HAPPY 6 MONTHS TO ALL THOSE BEAUTIFUL BABIES OUT THERE

Megan76 Guest

Mel - i wish i had have done that day sleep on the bed thing cos lucas will not sleep anywhere but his bed and it is such a pain to go out! Too late now really anyway cos he will start moving soon!! God forbid!

Happy 6 months my beautiful little man!!!!
    My beautiful little boy, sent from heaven, guided down to our family by the angels. What a gorgeous little man you are becoming. You have a gorgeous smile, and very cheeky personality, and so much love to give. You are the most wonderful thing to ever happen to your daddy and I. We cherish everyday we are given you, our precious little gift.

I can't beleive how quickly it has gone and how much he has learnt in such a short time. I don't want to brag, so I wont. lol

Hope you are all going well.

I am so glad to have such a light in my life during this dark time.
    We had the funeral last thurs and met up with all the family over the last few days.

Well, I'm off to spend some time with daddy and his boy. talk soon
    xxoo Nicky

Hi Ladies

Happy belated half birthday to Oscar and Zyon!! and Happy half birthday Lachlan!

Tina- Welcome back! Oh your poor little girl, i hope she is starting to get better. Yacine has been busy growing teeth, Ethan still doesn't have any yet either!

Raels- Glad to hear that Lexxen's party went well and the rain stayed away.

Sacha- Ethan has been in his own room since coming home from the hospital, i put him in his cot for his sleeps during the day too just so he can learn that "in the cot, go to sleep"! Occasionally though as its been so hot i have let him have a sleep on a rug on the floor in the lounge room in front of the fan, thats where he is right now! I have had him in his porta cot in the same room as me when we've been away or at my mum's and i just cant sleep! He is a noisy sleeper like his dad

V- glad your first dive together with jason went well, hopefully next time the visibility is better.

Megan- I use S-26 Gold formula, its $24 a tin, $20 on special. If you want to change formula, check out the Breastfeeding,Bottlefeeding and solids Thread, As i think if you do change you need to do it gradually as not to upset bub's tummy, they have some helpful advice.

Zofia- Diana is such a clever Girl! Dont feel like a bad mummy, these things do happen unfortunately and i bet your princess forgave you right away.

Danni- OMG @ the weirdo who stole those photo's!! How scary im going to password protect my stuff straight away.

Ooops BBL ethans calling

Well my little baby is CRAWLING!! Not very fast at it but she is definitely getting there. SHe will see something across the room and start crawling towards it. So cute. She just crawled over to me too!! There is no stopping her now!!

Thanks for your well wishes TOJ, very much appreciated

Yey for Avaleigh, watch out V, there will be no stopping her now. I'm longing the day, Jack gets on the move, I don't know how I will handle chasing after the 2 of them. It doesn't look like it will be anytime soon though, which is good, he still can't seem to get his tank off the ground, can't blame him though, it's a pretty hefty tank .

Jessikah, have you found that island yet? lol

Nicky, hugs to you, I'm glad Lachlan can make you smile. Happy 1/2 birthday to him too.

Well, DH is on night shift again, so alone again, kids are finally down, and enjoying the peacefulness. Everything is well, we have decided on a new car, that we will get a quote from Fleet Aust. Well, we have narrowed it down to 2, but I think 1 will be way over budget. The new Mazda CX-9, is sooo lovely, but has big price tag to go with it, but you can see why, when you look at them and drive them, but we will still put in for a quote. But I think the Toyota Kluger KX-S is probably what we will end up with. It is still a very nice car, and all the little nic naks are awesome. I can't wait to get my PPQ on them. My parents for my 21st, got me MEL154. And I haven't used them since we went down to one car. Going to update them though, from hot pink ones, to a new sunset design. So excited. So are mum and dad as they are going to buy our Honda off us. My dad loves it, so we all win.

The kids are well.

Take care all.

V - Autumn is crawling too. Kind of like a jerky, wind-up toy, so cute to watch isn't it? She freaked me out by appearing at my feet under the coffee table with a big grin like 'you didn't see me coming, haha'

Danni - My DH goes fishing too, but I'm just jealous I can't go with him. I'm dreaming of the day we get a bigger boat with at least a half cabin so I can take Autumn and keep her out of the sun. Bad news about the photos - makes me want to take all mine down.

Zofia - I am curious about the potty use if you don't mind. Is introducing it at this age something cultural for you? At what age do you expect she will use it on her own? Don't feel bad about the fall, I let Autie slip sideways out of the jolly jumper today, she didn't fall far but you do get the guilts don't you?

Nicky - It's great that you are finding such comfort in Lachlan. Hope your days get brighter real soon.

I've just had SIL on the phone all down because it's her DD's first day at school tomorrow - I know I'll be a mess when the time comes!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast