Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #16

Default Time to say goodbye...........

Hi Everyone out there...

I've been thinking about this for a while and I have come to a decision to slowly distance myself from BellyBelly and then stop coming on here.. I've been on this site for a year and a half and it has taken up many many hours of my life and now I feel like I should stop sitting on the computer and start doing something in my life. I have to focus on Jason's business and I will probably need to find myself some work and really I just want to enjoy these precious early days with Avaleigh....

I have really enjoyed this journey in to motherhood with all you lovely july mummies. I hope that your family grows and life is everything that you want it to be and more...

I'm not sure if I am going to get my user name deleted or not... still havent decided on that one.. I may just leave it incase I do decide to pop back on from time to time..

For those that still want to be in contact with me, I will still be on facebook and will be constantly uploading photos of my gorgeous baby girl.

See you ladies and babies!!

Me again..

Two questions regarding solids -
    1) Has anyone given bubs tomato yet? FIL just came around with about 15 out of his garden for me and while i like a slice or two on my lunch, they are just going to go to waste. Can i puree and freeze them for Tommy boy?

2) Who has started meat? Which meat did you start with. We have worked our way thru most of the individual veggies and fruits, so far no reactions, so going to start mixing various ones together and then thinking in about a weeks time will start with meat.. chicken and maybe some tuna? Does that sound ok?

Bit bored today - DH is playing cricket and T is asleep. It is pouring with raining so i feel all sleepy and wintry! I have been trying to read up on solids but still feel so confused, like i am going to poison him! Its my birthday on Monday (the big 3 - 0 ) and i am asked DH for a food processer. He laughed and said i really am a mum now - last year i asked for jewellery.

I talked to my bosses on Friday about going back to work one day a week and they are going to get back to me. I think i have reached the stage where while i love being a mum, i need a little bit more stimulation in my life (without having an affair with the gardener).

Nicky - have you heard from Fran? I was going to say i saw her pictures on Facebook of Alessia's baptism - they are gorgeous! Alessia's dress is amazing.

I love all this poo conversation - at least i am not the only one. I feel like when Tom was a newborn and you have to check the poo 'oh what colour is it today!' Now i'm like 'look there's whole bits of corn in it. You can see the zucchini!'.

Megan - i was beside myself on Friday night with Home and Away - i desparately want to know who Milco is. All the good shows are coming back on tv now - pity they still have crap ones during the day - although Tom loves Bold and the Beautiful - its all the blondes. I keep telling him that he will watch it when he is a grown up and Brooke and Ridge will still be in a love triangle with Taylor.

I am really just rambling on now! Veryyyyyy bored! Hope everyone has a nice weekend xx

** Oh Veronica - i just read your post! I loved hearing about Avaleigh and all her crawling adventures! i know what you mean about feeling that it takes up so much of your life - its part of the reason why i want to go back to work and real life, but i also really love catching up with everyone and getting advice. I wish you all the best for your family and i look forward to seeing your F/B photos of you and the gorgeous Avaleigh xx
    Last edited by mrscricket; February 9th, 2008 at 03:27 PM.

Veronica,
    Oh Dear It is going to be the end of an era. We were in the july pg forum together.
    I can totally understand where you are coming from though, and you have been here a lot longer than I have.
    Good luck with everything and will follow you through F/B.
    All the best to you, Jason and little Avaleigh
    xoxo

Wishing the three of you lots of smiley time together V. Hope you do decide to pop in now and then.

Em, I haven't done tomato yet though I've been thinking about it. I have a Rafferty's 10m meal that would be fine for Autie texture wise, but I didn't realise it had tomato in it. I think I'll probably hold off for another couple of months. I remember reading somewhere about them not having good enough digestion yet for acids but I can't remember the exact details. Could you not freeze it and keep it on hold for a while anyway? Autie has chicken and mince and has been fine with both, though she likes chicken better. Not sure about tuna. I think we probably stress too much - our mums probably didnt' have half the information we do and they just did what they thought and we turned out ok didn't we? When in doubt, google it! LOL Is the food processor just for Tom mainly? I just ask because I find the stab mixer heaps more convenient for smaller amounts, and even now I rarely use it since starting mashing/grating instead. PMSL at B & B! I think they were in that love triangle when I watched it at 16!

Sacha - i think i will do the freeze and hold off for a while, otherwise they will just go to waste. I originally asked for the processer with Tom in mind and then realised i probably wouldnt need it for too much longer, but in our new house we have a great kitchen so i am being much more creative with my cooking so will be able to use it more than i thought. I also asked for a stainless steel rubbish bin - my presents will be super exciting this year!!

Em- I have a food processor and love it, but i find that my slender blender much more convenient for pureeing KAetlyns food- I think the next batch I will just half puree/mash.
    Tomato's
    Tomatoes are typically not recommended to be introduced to an infant until somewhere between the 10th and the 12th month of age. The reason for this is not due to possible allergies per se, rather the acidity of tomatoes may prove harsh on a more immature tummy.
    I knew i had read it somewhere. Even then, i think i would only be using small amounts for a while, as i know it is quite acidic on their little tum tums.

Mel- If you add lemon juice to banana and Avo it will stop it going brown. Should be okay when defrosted.
    When i did the peached, I peeled, stoned and then boiled them until they were softer, then pureed them. All turned out, I did however, remove the stuff that sits around the stone, like the hard different coloured flesh, I wasn't sure how it would cook up. I think you canpretty much do what ever tickles your fancy with the fruit. I know that the less fibre the better for their tum tums.

Hi ladies

I have just popped in for a quick read as i have had the most exhausting day today, i have been out in the garden all day with my dad, and omg is he a slave driver LOL but the job is done and all looks great. I will pop back tomorrow for a better post but ethans in bed and after a hot chocolate thats where i will be too! Earliest night i have had in a long long time

Veronica, how sad that you will be leaving us I really hope you do pop in from time to time. You joined before me but we were in the TTC thread together then onto Belly Buddies and now here with our july Bubba's! Me and ethan wish You, Avaleigh and Jason all the best hun, enjoy your time together! The time with our babies is definately precious, they grow so so quick. Huge hugs! Seeya.

OK goodnight ladies. BBL.

Good morning everyone,

Veronica - I really loved reading your posts! I will miss them. Wishing you all the best for your beautiful family and I will catch up with you on facebook I'm sure.

Well just a quick one from me as I'm not feeling that great today. I keep having these funny dizzy spells. Oh well, think AF might be on the way and that is probably why.

I had been searching everywhere last week for a bath seat for Oliver as he is way too big for his bath now. Now that he can sit, he just splashes water all over the place! Well I couldn't find any - oh except for one at the baby shop and it was $70!!!! - so I checked on ebay this morning and picked one up for $15. It is second hand but I don't mind that at all. The seller is even in my suburb so will hopefully be able to pick it up today.

Well BBL.

Raels & Oliver. xo

Oh and HAPPY 7 MONTHS to my little Olimoo!!!!

I just realised. Wow, that month flew!!!!

I know what you mean about the splashing Raels. I've just moved Autie to the big bath for the exact same reason! I'm still leaving her in the baby bath though, just putting it inside the big one for now until she sits with excellent balance all of the time. Saves water too - even though the dam is overflowing, I'm well brainwashed apparently LOL Has your dizziness gone?

Em, I get excited about a new tupperware container or toilet roll holder. How sad is that?

Jess, what have you done to your garden? When we bought this house 8m ago, we realised the fence is not on our boundary and when we get the money to push it out, we'll have double the yard space. DH can't wait to make the yard into something spesh for Autie to play in. We'll have room for veges too, which will be great.

Well, the store took back the entertainer Autie hated and we got a gate to block off the kitchen instead (not as much fun, but necessary now) We needed an extra wide one and luckily it was the same price as the entertainer so it all worked out well (though I would've liked to get her a pretty clothes hamper and new grobag for winter...grumble, grumble)

Hi all,

Can't believe you guys are 3 pages into a new thread, it hasn't been that long since I posted last!!

Zofia, glad to hear Dianna is doing so well

AMM, glad to hear everything is going so well for you.

Danielle, I keep meaning to organise swimming lessons, and I keep forgetting.

Mel, wow on the kids obviously charlize is going to be petite and jack a big strong man!!!

em, for food saftey creche's have to prepare everything on site, so they can assure to the standard being given and ensure no allergins are in the food, we all know that as mums we wouldn't feed our bubs anything that wasn't safe, but due to public liability these days the centres have to be carefull. It will only be a short period of time where he gets jars, and once he starts eating more he will get the same menu as the other kids in his room. lol at the bra, Xavier loves spirit fingers and show tunes, but i'm not worried at all, he also likes aeroplanes, gran asked him if he was going to be a pilot, i said that or a flight attendant.

Sacha, I think I saw that family on the Ellen show when I was still able to watch daytime tv. It is mind boggling that anyone can cope with 2 let alone 6 bubba at once. I have enough trouble with one!! with strolers, Phil and Teds have one, and although it looks strange at first it is worth a good look at. it is specially designed for getting on and off trains/busses and trams, and I am so impressed with my p&t pram that I would buy the stroller in a heart beat if I needed it.

Sara, lol with me being at work, I come back in when I have a psare second and Have to read through pages just to catch up. Computer is my down time too, and I think it's because it really is some no brainer stuff. I think before prune juice I would actually give the infants friend a go because it's got aniseed in it. Aniseed is a natural digestive. offer water after food, use lots of watery foods like pumpkin is a good watery vegie and warm baths can help matters too.

Sarsie, welcome of course you can come and chat here. But you have to be fast, i'm pretty sure this is one of the fastes moving threads ever!!!

Nicki, who you calling a bogan!! yay on the dial up, it's fantastic to not have to worry all the time about connections etc. I give xavier fruit specifically to help the #2s also. I found the rice cereal was making his poos like plastacine and he didn't look very comfy getting them out, so now I also offer water after a meal.

PMSL on everyone's teenagers. I say forget about it for a few more years and start enjoying this time before they turn into annyoing 3 yo that only know the word why. In saying that i already have great plans to embarras xavier in front of his friends with lots of hugs and kisses should he turn all I can't stand to be around my parents when he is a teenager.

Mel, I steemed and froze apricots, that worked ok, I'd say it would be the same for peaches. i steam because it seems to be the least messy option, I then puree using my bamix wand.
    with banana, I just cut off the amount I want and put glad wrap over the remainder and put it in the fridge. if he doesn't eat it the next day, I still can. I use bananas as the emergency I don't have any other food ready, food.

V, you know you can drop in anytime to say hi, and let us know how you are going. You don't have to send personals to everyone. It has been great talking to you all this time, and don't forget the support will still be here for you if you want/need it.

em, you could make a simple napoletana sauce and maybe even jar it to use when he is bigger to mix with noodles.

rales, happy 7 months to oliver!!

Ok, well we are here and not going anywhere as this is the only down time I get!!
    But it is sad when you have been chatting to someone for so long and gone through such an amazing time together. To all the mummies that don't post anymore I'd like to give a huge shout out, say hey how you going and I'm always thinking of you.

My little pumpkin is still not rolling, i hear you all saying enjoy it, but he is trying to crawl. So far he can spin in circles and if he was just a little more co-ordinated he would be going forward.

Well I have to go as it's about little boys tea time, on the menu tonight is pumpkin. and as at next week we will be sticking to what we have already tried for a few weeks, maybe mixing some flavours before introducing anything new.

Good night all!!

Good evening All,
    or should I say good morning?? LOL
    I can't sleep as I had a can of coke before... Silly billy.
    V - Goodluck with everything.

Rebecca - Bendigonians are all bogans... LOL. Well ok, maybe you adn I are the exceptions hehe

Happy 7 months Olli!!!

Well, not much happening here. Week one of fruit went well. Lach loves pears. Tomorrow we have decided to start pumpkin, then apples the week after. He is LOVING eating solids! He leans forward in anticipation of evrey spoonful.
    Here's hoping he stacks on the weight now

We've had a few #2 issues for a while now. Sometimes, I have found that Lach has a small amount of blood in his stools... And when that happens I am in tears. He doesn't seem to be in pain, but I am off to the docs this week with him to sort it out. Fingercrossed its not lactose intolerance....
    He's also got a very small amount of excema on the trunk of his body, adn a little on his back. Very strange as neither family has a history of excema or allergies. I have some cream for it, adn will also be talking to doc about it this weekend.

Other than that, he's growing in leaps and bounds. He's just a gorgeous little man. SOOOO full of energy and life. No wonder he's no chubba bubba, he just doesnt sit still, yet he eats like a horse. LOL

I am still absolutely LOVING being a mum. It really is the greatest thing on this earth.

Anyway, hope you all have a great week. I will be trying to chat in here more often, but we'll see how we go

xxoo Nicky

HAPPY TWENTY - TEN EM!!!!!!

Thanks Raels!! What a great way of putting it - better than DH who keeps sniggering about dirty 30's. I asked if by dirty 30's did he mean being covered in baby poo and vomit..

Blueflower - i was thinking about you having to give prune juice to Katelyn - i was also reading that plums help move things along too. (See, i really have entered dirty 30's .. thinking about other peoples baby poo )

Em - I saw that on a movie just before my 30th, not sure what it was called but I think it had Drew Barrymore in it. I loved it so I use it all the time now. I will be twenty-twelve this year!!!!! Have you got anything special planned?

Sasha - I'm not sure of a meeting point. What end of the Gold Coast are you on?

Rebecca - HI! Oliver is still not rolling from back to front. All he wants to do is sit.

Nicky - I hope it isn't lactose intolerance with Lach but that could explain the excema. Good luck with it.

Well my DF has decided it is time to quit smoking. He wants to buy a boat so I suggested the money he spends on cigarettes each week could be the repayments for one. He agreed so today is the day!!! He wanted to go cold turkey but I made him get patches. I used to be a smoker and it is bloody hard and really quite stupid to just give up with no help. Hopefully he goes ok. He has already apologised in advance for being cranky but I can completely understand!!!

Well hello to everyone else, hope you all have a great day.

Raels and Oliver. xo

Megan76 Guest

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EM!! Hope you have a fantastic day!!

Happy birthday Em - have a great day!

Happy 30th Em. Hope your day is full of smiles and slobbery kisses

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast