Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #17

Hi girls! This may not be a long post as Tom has just woken up. I am hoping he will go back to sleep because he hasn't been down for long and he only had a short sleep this morning because i had to wake him up for swimming. His day sleeps have been crap over the past few days! How long is everyone else's bubbas sleeping for during the day?

Hope you had a good time Sat night Megan. That's a bit funny about the breath test. I get so so nervous when I get tested, even though I have never driven even after one glass of drink so I don't know why! Urgh to the hangover - I hate hate hate hangovers - they are the main reason why i don't drink alot, i just cant cope the next day.

Raels - that is so exciting about your dress - what a great bargain! i should look on ebay more for clothes for me, i mainly just buy things for Tom. i can't believe you have lost 17kg - that is amazing! i don't envy you having hot days. It was quite cold here all weekend and although we couldn't get out of the house it was quite nice to spend the days in front of the heater.

Sara - how did the wedding go? How cute is it that you matched Katelyn to your DH? I do stuff like that.

Mel - I asked my sister about how much your Jack is eating. She has her own Jack and he was about the same size at this age and was eating about the same amount. He is 4 now and is not 'fat' or large or anything, just a normal sized kid - super amounts of energy - so don't stress out to much about how much your Jack is eating. It sounds right for him.

Well, I don't think i filled you all in with what happened with my job. The emailed this morning and said they wanted me to come back full-time only, which i am not willing to do, so the big job hunt is about to begin. It may be asking too much but i just want to find somewhere that only needs me for 2 days a week, with me also being available to them over busier periods such as xmas etc. Probably wont be able to find anything, but i am going to try!
    We have had a rough couple of days here with Tom. I don't know if its his medication hasn't kicked back in properly, but he is fighting being fed solids. He has learnt how to hit the spoon out of my hands so i have to try and feed him and keep his hands down with the other hand. Very difficult! I thought he might have been in pain but I realised today when i was giving him fruit which he loves he ate it really well, whereas if I am giving him veggies, he cries and carries on. He is also showing signs of having a very bad temper. He is getting a bit frustrated with his crawling, he can get up on his hands and knees but he goes backwards, not forwards. So if he wants a toy or something and can't reach it, he throws an absolute wobbly until we get it for him. DH said it is my temper showing through, but its making me a bit worried. Sorry for having a bit of a sook - i love my little man and he is terrific most of the time, i just feel like the past few days, I have been banging my head on a brick wall and I am tired!!

Hope everyone else is well. I know i have missed out on personals but from the banging and crashing coming through the monitor, someone has no intention of going back to sleep. He has just started growling like a dog..

Megan76 Guest

Not happy with the bottom 3 on So You Think You Can Dance!

Em - i hope things start to pick up with Tom soon. Its hard when you feel like you cant win! I hear you on the temper though i am sure Lucas has one too! Good luck with the job hunt! I still cant decide what to do....need to speak to the Principal to find out what my opinions are in terms of time fraction, but i am also terrified to put Lucas in childcare as he is not good with other people. Ahh the dilemmas! Oh and sleeping.... Lucas generally only has 1 hour and a bit in the morning bw 9 - 9.30 another hour and a bit between 1 and 1.30 and about half an hour around 5...but he has always been dodgy during the day!!

Raels - cant believe the bargain of a dress you got, good work!!

Raels, that is an amazing weight loss! You make me feel fat and lazy. Enjoy your new dress - I just get depressed when I try and shop for me now so I shop for Autie instead LOL How much does Oliver weigh? We have looked for life jackets for Autie but all the ones I've seen start at 12kg and she is only 7.5. What's your boat like?

Em, maybe Tom is just frustrated in general because of the crawling thing. But at least it may be more incentive for him to keep trying! Have you tried giving him soft veges as finger food? He might be more inclined to sit happily sucking on stuff and give you a chance to get some spoonfuls in if he feels like he has a bit of control over something.

Megan, so sorry to hear of your recent illness Hope it was worth it!

We've had a great night/day starting with Autie going to sleep on her own last night, only waking twice and then having two naps of an hour and 20 mins each then going down really easily tonight. It's seemed kinda more in control which is nice and I really hope it lasts. My health nurse told me today that when you have a period, your BM tastes slightly sour or salty?!? Anyone else heard of this?

Hey everyone, DH is home tomorrow yey!! So I thought I pop on tonight, as I might be a little busy tomorrow

Em, when Charlize was about this age, she didn't eat anyting unless she could do it herself, so all she ate was fingerfoods, as it was a nightmare trying to feed her or have her try to feed herself with a spoon. I must admit though, I had a little giggle at the tempers with the toys. Oh no, boys, they will be the end of us. I would definately try the fingers food though, and I don't have any advice about the tempers at this age, but if you find something that works let me know, as Jack does the same when I take something off him. And thank you so much for asking your sister about our Jacks. I'm so glad to hear that some babies just eat more. It's just so strange for me, Charlize is such a fussy and little eater. I'm not complaining though, it's great. He loves his food, and I love making it for him.

Sacha, that great news about last night and today. You must feel very proud of little Autie. But I hope you feel proud of yourself too. And yep definately heard that periods can change the taste of BM, same as when your pregnant. Pretty much as soon as I feel pregnant with Jack, Charlize become very fussy at the boob, then I just stopped having let downs all together. I even find now, that when I spot, Jack becomes very fussy. I have a IUD, so no periods for me, yey!! But definately true. Interesting hey!!

Jem, naughty me had a third he he he!! But will definately stop there incase Jack wakes up. Just enjoying my last night alone. That sounds aweful, but you know what I mean. How is Charlottes nose? I hope it better. Do you have anything special planned before DH goes back?

Megan, I was so glad to read you had a great night. I was so envious of you. I'm hoping to be in the same boad on the 8th of Feb, when we might be going to the races. I love a race day. And I'm a cheap drunk ATM, so I will be able to have a few more bets. yey for me. Do you like the track?

Wow Raels, what a bargin you got. Did you buy it from a private seller or a store on ebay. I'm needing a new dress for the races, as all my old ones don't fit anymore. I'm like you I'm now lighter than I was before the kids arrived, yey. So, fortunate for me that now means I have to buy some more clothes. I had a look today at some dresses on ebay, but none really jumped out at me. Might have to go shopping, damm Congrats too on the weight loss, are you under your pre baby weight?

Well, I can't wait for look on Charlizes face when DH gets home tomorrow. He has missed him so much this time. Kids are well, Jack is still an eating machine. He loves those premade foods in the tubes that I think it was Sacha was telling me about. I bought some to use when I out, and I took 2 on the weekend out to Toogoolawah. He downed the first one in about 2 mins, but then I just gave him some Mango. But I'm sure he would have downed the second one just as fast if I gave it to him. I will get him weighed this week. Can you believe my baby boy will be 8 months old on Saturday, or a few days after hence the leap year. The time has gone so fast, but I'm sure you don't need me telling you all that. Charlize is growning up so fast too, she has a boyfriend already. His name is Cooper, his mum and I are good friends, they are a week apart. Her and I met on a BB meet up. She is lovely, and just found out they are expecting their second, so happy for them.

Jess, how are you and Ethan going? I hope the two of you are well. And that things are all good with DH.

Anyway, I must be off, still a few things to do before I call it a night.

Hi to everyone I didn't PM, I'm sorry, promise I will catch up later.

If you don't hear from me in a few days, you'll know what I'll be doing

Take care

wma

Hi everyone,

Em - good luck with finding work, hopefully you can find something that suits. Hope things improve with Tom. Oliver usually has two naps, one just after breakfast and another just after lunch. Both only last for about an hour. He gets tired around 5 but refuses to sleep so we usually have a couple of hours of unsettled time until he goes to bed for the night.

Megan - I haven't been watching dance. I have to watch Kath and Kim on sunday nights so I've been missing it. Look at moi.....

Sacha - We bought a life jacket that is suitable from 10 - 15 kilos. Oliver is only 8.5 but we tried it on him and it fits really snuggly! You can get ones from 7 - 10 kilos from BCF. I wouldn't have bought the one we did if I didn't feel comfortable with the idea. I have heard that the taste of milk does change slightly when a woman has her period. I have had mine 5 times and Oliver hates it. For the first couple of days he gets really fussy and keeps detaching. It drives me mad, but I know exactly what it is so I don't worry too much. I just keep offering more often.

Mel - I was bidding on some really beautiful dresses from private sellers and kept getting outbid in the last 20 seconds!! So I got this one from a store. Yep, I'm 5 kilos under my pre - preg weight! I put it down to bfeeding and not drinking beer!!! How exciting that your DH comes back tomorrow. You have a great time with him now!!!! lol. How cute that Charlize has a little boyfriend!!

Ok, this might be a little premature but has anyone started to think about 1st Birthday parties yet????

Well I'm missing Desperate Housewives.

Take care all.

Raels. xo

Sacha - I have heard that AF can definitely affect BM. My neighbour, who has a little girl a couple of weeks younger than Liam, got her AF for the 1st time since being pg (my neighbour, not her daughter!) and she thought that her DD was weaning herself, as she went right off BM. But once AF went, her BM was back in favour - or should that be flavour

I have been a really sneaky mum - I have discovered that broccoli steamed with apples is the tastiest treat that Liam has ever had (thank you to whoever it was who suggested getting them to chew on a piece of broccoli in the first place, great idea). Who'd have thought that he'd fancy broccoli the most - weird kid. I think he quite likes the texture, plus the fact that the apple juice kind of gets in there, so it's fun to suck it out. He still tries his hardest not to swallow, but I think that we're slowly turning the food corner. Mind you, anything on a spoon is still poison.

Sorry for no personals, am a bit knackered tonight.
    Last edited by BhoysGirl; February 26th, 2008 at 07:15 AM.

Hi all,

Sorry haven't been around for awhile, internet has been crap and slow and we have just updated so I haven't been bothered getting on her cause it takes AGES to open pages!

I quickly read afew posts below and I am in the same boat with feeding. Olivia will take anything I give her and I worry its a lot:

Morning 250ml formula pluse 4-5 teaspoons of rice ceral or fruit museli
    Lunch she has 1/2 cup of a dish I have made (today it was casserole) plus yoghurt with fruit or just custard
    2:30-3pm she has 200ml formula
    Dinner she has 4-6 cubes of vegies plus 200ml formula

she doesn't snack in between only on rusks, 1 a day usually.

I have now started to give her less at lunch and dinner only cause Mum said the more I feed her the bigger her stomach will expand.

Its so confusing

But she is doing well, still no teeth but I can see one coming soon. She is not crawling yet, but is doing the caterpillar crawl......does this turn into crawling?????

Hope you are all well, sorry for the MIA for ages! Big hugs to you all and bubbas.

Hi all

I say it again - wow you can all talk!!

Hi Flossie - great to hear from you and it sounds like Olivia is thriving!

Mel - I stopped at two - but the third was very tempting!! Yay for Luke coming home - enjoy!!

Megan - poor you with a hangover - I cant remember the last time I had a full blown hangover - a very very scary thought!

Jan - thanks for the brocolli and apple idea - might have to give that a go.

Raels - great bargain on the dress and well done on your weight loss. I am down to my pre preg weight and am just working at toning the wobbly bits!! I have a reunion for an old job of mine coming up in April I want to make sure I look a million bucks (well as much as I can LOL) so my motivation to tone at the moment it high!!

Sacha - well done to Autie with her sleeping!

Hi to everyone else.

DH is away again (but thats not unusual) so its just me and and kids, although Oliver and jesse are in childcare today so I am enjoying the peace and quiet!! Charlotte has been a bit unsettled lately but I am pretty sure it is because she has been very very blocked up and snuffly from a cold. Poor babe - so hopefully she is on the mend. Still no signs of teeth here and at times she still isnt that into solids but we keep persisting!

I had best run and make the most of this child free time (Charlotte is asleep).

Take care
    jem
    Last edited by jemima; February 26th, 2008 at 02:25 PM.

Hi everyone,
    Will see how far I get before Kaetlyn wakes up.
    I am about to go to SIL for a spa, it is very hot here today, and her parnet is away so I think she wants some company.

Wedding was great. It was lovely- she organised everything herself, and it was profressional (?sp), pyrotecnics and all. Kaetlyn was a stunner, apparently the photographer loved her, and took heaps of photos of her, so we are going to try and get in touch with her for some of them. She came up to DH and said she is so photogenic. She also took some of us was waltzing, the three of us which would be great to have.
    Hehehe the shirt I brought was from K-mart, and I didnt even try it on or anything. It looked great, and my SIL came around and did my hair in the morning- curled. I got some great comments on my outfit and hair, which was a great boost to my low self esteem at the moment. Unlike you others, I am still about 7 kg above pg weight, but I am not trying to lose it, so really I can't complain can I? I think when I go back to work, and stop BF, I will loose a fair bit.

Things have been soooo busy here.
    No teeth,
    crawling well -and pickng up speed too i might add,
    Sleep patterns are interesting at the moment. Day sleeps are great, but the night ones are weird, she wakes after about one sleep cycle, and crys. Not sure what the problem is. It takes about an our for her to settle back donw, and am a bit reluctant to feed her or get her out of the cot.
    Opps she is awake,
    Will be bakc for personals- but prob not tonight. Need to spend time with DH hehehe.

Megan76 Guest

Sorry have to be quick but does anyone know how much formula babies this age need per day....Lucas is being a big pain with his bottles and i have already cut him to 3! I think most of you are still breastfeeding but thought i'd ask anyway!

Megan - I had a quick look in my Annabel Karmel book and it says babies between 6 and 12 months on solids need between 500ml-800ml of formula a day. Tom would be having approx 600 -700 ml a day i think, although he is still on 4/5 bottles. Hope this helps a little

Megan76 Guest

Thanks Em, i appreciate it...(who is Annabel K by the way!),i think he would make it to 500ml but god it was a struggle today! We seem to have the opposite battle at the moment in terms of bottles and solids! How are you organising your day in terms of food and drink with Tom? I cannot seem to get a routine that works now so that he will have both.
    Last edited by Megan76; February 26th, 2008 at 06:50 PM.

Smile

Hey Lis! Good to hear from you and about how Olivia is doing! my internet connection is a PITA sometimes too!

Sara ~ Glad to hear you had a great time at the wedding, would be great if you could track down the photographer, i'd love to see some pics of your beautiful girl.

Jem ~ Hope all is well for you and the kids and that you are not missing your DH too much.

Jan ~ Yes go the apples! It gives everything that extra bit of sweetness and makes anything go down a treat, my boy loves love loves his broccilli now, and I let him have a chew on a chicken bone for the first time tonight.

Mel ~ I wanted to ask you about how you give toast to Jack. Lucas loves toast but he always chokes on it if I let him hold and eat it himself. Does your little man handle it ok himself or do you feed it to him a little bit at a time?

Megan ~ I'm getting to the same sort of stage with my DS. I try to get milk into him as often as possible but he rarely ever finishes a bottle lately and I'm wondering if cutting feeds down a bit may help so that at least when he does drink he will take a full 250ml feed?? hope that makes sense as I'm rushing!!

Emma ~ OMG yes 1st birthday is definately being planned already as I'm planning on a HUGE one for Lucas. His birthday is the same as my brother Lucas who died of cancer last year... you may know that, I'm sure I've mentioned it here and there...so in a way its not just for him but for my brother and my whole family too. I think after this one he wont have any big ones for awhile but I'm going to make the most of this first one...thinking clowns and pony rides and all....

raels ~ wow on the weight loss! I've lost 14kg with 7kg to go to get to pre pg weight. I was only pretty small to begin with so I guess I carry it well but I'd still like to get down to my pre pg weight of 50kg.

Jess ~ Hope all is well still for you and Ethan. xoxo

Well this is the quickest I have ever posted but wanted to get my two cents worth in for the day while DF has popped out.

i had my first day of work today and was a tad nervous this morning but all went well and I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I'm working as an in-class tutor for the Indigenous kids just to clarify what it is I am actually doing at the school!!

Year 12 english first thing in the morning and I didnt even finish year 12

love love,

August oxoxox

OMG what a day. I had feral child almost all day, wouldn't sleep, wouldn't eat, wouldn't be happy, just wouldn't. Thank goodness he's asleep now,otherwise I think I'd have to abandon him for a bit (to his father's care, not just completely abandon). So don't have the energy for personals (sorry).

But, I have solved a problem that's been bugging me for a while, so I thought I'd share it, just in case anyone else is having the same problem - which is what to get a 7/8 month old for Easter when you don't want them to have chocolate or more soft toys (which for a boy, at least my boy, are useless). Anyway, the answer that I've come up with is an Eggcup, probably from the bunnykins range. Which is still a little advanced given that he won't get eggs till at least 12 months, but it's something he can use for quite a long time, well until he's too "old" for bunnykins stuff. It's a bit of a nuisance though, cos I thought I'd go to the peters of Kensington website (for those people not from Sydney, it's a great site to google, bargains galore, especially at sale time), but they're out of stock, at least of the one that I'd get. But I'm so happy with my solution, I'll just have to scout around in real shops.

Anyway, that's it for me tonight, sorry for the selfish post. Will hopefully have a better day & time for a proper post tomorrow.
    Last edited by BhoysGirl; February 26th, 2008 at 10:27 PM.

ok, so I am an evil mum. Not long after posting above, my poor little baby woke up, and when we finally went in to get him, we found him in a puddle of vomit. So maybe my feral child has just been building towards this all day, or maybe it's just a coincidence, but whatever, it's awful seeing him so sad & limp & helpless. It's been a couple of hours now and a couple more voms, but he's back asleep. Not sure whether to put him back in his cot (which is now lined with towels) and try to get some sleep myself, or to wait up until he's ready for another BF. No idea what is triggering this, I thought that the rotavirus stuff they give at immunisations was supposed to stop gastro?? Mind you, he spat it out last time, there was more on his chin than in his mouth, so not sure how effective it would be anyway. Anyway, the good news is that he swallowed some broccoli at dinner time, although it didn't stay down... thank goodness he didn't get carrots. Anyway, gotta go, he's stirring again.

Unhappy

Oh Jan, I hope you didnt have too rough of a night with Liam, how is he this morning? Rotovirus only protects against one strain of gastro, but there is more than one strain of gastro. Take care. Hope he is feeling better.

Poor you Jan and poor little Liam! You are definiately NOT an evil mum - we all have those days where it all gets alittle frustrating, and at least you know there was a reason behind it. Hope he is feeling better now.

Megan - Tom is pretty much feeding on a 4 hour routine - bottle first and then wait about 15min or so then do solids. But he probably isn't as established as Lucas is on his solids. We pretty much do bottle and solids at 7.30am, 11.30am, 3.30pm then bottle at 6.30pm and he has been having a dream feed lately at 10.30pm. He wasn't doing the dream feed for a long time, but is wanting one again lately. I know one of the girls at mums group who's bub is really into his food waits 1 hour between bottle and solids and it works well for her.. Its all so confusing isnt it!

Oh Jan - thats a great idea about the egg cup. My family keep asking 'what does Tom want for Easter?'. I did suggest they can buy him chocolate and i will 'help him out' with it, but i don't think it will happen. I really really don't want more soft toys because he has stacks - cant imagine he will ever use them - and last easter i got given 4 bunny soft toys when i was pregnant.

Got to go - gardeners have just turned up so time to serve coffee - at least i am dressed this time! Hope everyone has a good day!

** Back again - just wanted to add this for Megan: Annabel Karmel has a book called Baby and Toddler Meal Planner and i used it religiously before i found the wholesome babyfood site. I remembered there was something in it about the recommended amounts of formula.
    Last edited by mrscricket; February 27th, 2008 at 09:07 AM.

Just a quick one for Jan. The egg cup is a great idea, and the one I think you're wanting is on a site called tableculture(dot)com(dot)au. HTH

Hi everyone else

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast