Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #17

Hi everyone

Well, I haven't posted in a while as you ladies are so chatty that by the time I read all the posts (if I even manage to read them all that is), it is time to get off the computer... Anyway, it seems that I have a bit of time this morning, so here is an update.

I am still breastfeeding Diana. I'm not counting the number of feeds, but I think that it is about 4-5 during the day and 1-2 at night (a couple of nights recently she slept through and didn't need a feed ). She gets solids 2-3 times a day. For breakfast she has a bit of weetbix with cinnamon and/or some fruit. For lunch she gets fruit or veges and for dinner she gets whatever we get pureed, e.g. meat, rice and veg, etc. She has about 1-2 tablespoons at each sitting with a bit more for dinner. Last night she had about twice as much as she usually eats for dinner and ended up throwing it back up. Poor little girl. Not sure why she kept eating, maybe because it tasted so good... So will be careful on how much we give her tonight.

Diana has gotten better at day sleeping and now has 2 naps per day, ranging from 20 mins to 2 hours each, and she sleeps well at night, waking only sometimes for a feed. She is pretty settled and content during the day too.

Yesterday we spent the day rearranging the living room. So, feeling rather tired today, but the small amount of space that we have is now being utilised much better. Diana seems to like it too, as she now has lots more room to crawl around in. And now she doesn't seem as interested in playing with the bins anymore . She has gotten really fast at crawling and also pulls herself up to a standing position. I have a feeling she is not far off walking.

As for me, I have decided not to go back to work for the next few months. So I will be a SAHM mum for a while longer. It is quite good, except that I often get bored and head out to the shops only to realise that I have no money to spend . Oh well, window shopping is good too. I am also going to do training with the ABA to become a breastfeeding counsellor, which should be good.

Hope you're all having a lovely day, and I will try to be back for personals soon.

Hi Zofia - I have been thinking a lot lately about doing some training to be a breastfeeding counsellor as well. I think it would be so rewarding to help women this way. Just wondering how you are going to go about it?

Megan76 Guest

Oh my lord he is going out with the recycling!

Megan76 Guest

DH can go too!

LMAO Megan!!! What are your boys doing to you???

My son is a pooing machine at the moment!!! He has gone from doing one a day to 6 yesterday and we are onto number 4 today already! They have all been normal and small, but the last one was a bit runny and smelly. I'm thinking teeth but then again who would really know!!

Oh and I'm sure you are all so interested in my babies bowel movements. lol

Raels - You know that we are all fascinated with hearing about our babies' bowel movements. At least here, we can all appreciate it. How many times have you been out in the "real world" and started talking about Oliver's poo, only to be surprised that others don't seem as enthusiastic about it as you? It happens to me all the time. I think that people must by now be thinking of me as the woman who always talks about poo, lol. Re ABA counselling - my local branch ran a workshop on it recently, letting people know what the ABA is about, what services they offer and how to become a counsellor (you have to complete a Certificate IV in Breastfeeding Counselling - sounds scary, but they assured me that its doable). Maybe ring your local ABA contact and they can put you on to the right person to speak to re training.

Megan - oh no, what happened??

Megan76 Guest

Well...time to vent!

Lucas went swimming yesterday morning and fell asleep for 10 min in the car, he had refused bottle at pool so i can if to him when we got home. Then even though he was tired he was not interested in being in his cot and it took me many many goes to get him to sleep. For some reason i had been tossing and turning since 4 am so was not in the mood!!!

Then i rang DH to ask him to cancel real estate guy who was coming at 4pm to sign conctracts cos i wasn't going to have time to clean up etc and we were having DH's family for dinner cos it was his brothers 30th. Anyway DH's response to Lucas being a pain was "You'll be right" so helpful!

So then DH rings back and says the real estate guy actually has someone who wants to look at the house at 4pm (the house isnt even on market officially yet)....and it was 3.45 and DH in his wisdom thought this would be ok!!!!!!!

There was no way i could clean up in 15 min so i just felt stupid when people came through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grrrrrrr.....sorry i know its not that bad but i had to get it out!!

Oh Megan! "You'll be right" is my husbands standard response and it drives me nuts!! Poor you - I hope your day is better today

Well - finally back again, and a bit of a warning, going to be a bit "me, me,me in this post, will make it up to you all though, I promise! Anyway, we've been having an adventure called Liam goes to hospital. After my last post, Liam just kept vomitting, and it was down to stomach bile, he was really limp and felt really cold. So I called the MCHN 24 hour line, the lady was great, but said get him to hospital pretty much straight away. So glad I called them. Anyway, packed a few things for him, then we all trundled off to Box Hill, having to stop for petrol on the way cos my light was on. It's just murphy's law that the day I decided not to fuss about petrol until the next morning was the day I needed petrol. It was very tempting to lead foot it, but he wasn't quite dying, so we were good & kept to the speed limit. Having a baby when you rock up to emergency was great, cos we jumped all the queues and were in a bed within about half an hour of arriving (about 12.30am). But it was NOTHING like ER, what a let down. Certainly there was no George Clooney. But they were great, and we had a gorgeously kind (male) nurse, which was really good. Hung around in casualty till about 5, which was quite educational, thanks to the heroin addict a couple of cubicles away (addiction is a horrible thing, but at 2am, 3am, 4am, she was pretty funny, and boy did she know her drugs!). Ended up seeing a great paed at about 5am, and by 6 we were up in the ward with a nasal-gastric tube thing hooked up. Not very pleasant having one of these put in, but easier I think than an IV (Liams hands are baby plump, so v hard to find a vein). The fluids seemed to work reasonably well for a while, cos he went from about 5am to midday without a vom, just a big, nuclear powered, knock-you-down-with-the-smell poo. I kind of thought that we'd be released in the afternoon, but just after midday the projectile vomits started up. For anyone who's seen Little Britain, think the character that vomits and it was kind of like that. So, Pat came home for multiple more changes of clothes for both Liam & I - basically every item of clothing that Liam fits into. And that's how the rest of the day continued really, lots of voms, few more nuclear poos, but fortunately an improving child. We had to keep his hands wrapped up in bandages so that he didn't pull out the tube, which was pretty frustrating for him, cos very had to play with toys when you've got big teddy-bear hands. Anyway, he was kept on the fluids until about 6am this morning, and by about 9.30 we were on our way home, which is lovely. And that's our story really.

Like I said, sorry for the selfish post, I will come back to do some personals, just have a few hours of sleep I'd like to catch up with first

Smile

Poor little Liam, I admire that you are able to keep your sense of humour about it all. Did they say what was actually wrong with him??

Megan if my DF did that to me look out...probably something he would do too, it's like the more specific you are the more they mess it up.

geez men can be so...um...dumb?

BBL!

Megan76 Guest

Oh Jan, i cant believe you called that post selfish, god look at mine in comparison!! What a big night, i am so glad Liam is on the mend!!

Yay!!! Lach is 7 months old today!!!!

Megan76 Guest

Oh my god Lucas is fighting every single bottle it is doing my head in! He is just not interested and it is such a battle i dont know where we are going wrong.

Happy 7 months Lachlan!!

HI all,

long time no post for me.

Sorry to hear liam had gastro. It is going around at the moment through all the schools and creches.

Happy 7 months Lach!!

Well I haven't managed to get in here for some time as we have had a baby that lost all interest in sleeping at night. OUr worst night so far consisted of about 4 hours sleep for Xavier. I think it's like a baby disturbing mega mix of different things like he is really trying to crawl and there are teeth somewhere in that little head, plus he keeps getting colds.
    Food wise we are going ok, but getting a little fussy about what we eat and favoring the fruit! I have found that sometimes it helps to give him his own spoon and he puts it in his mouth and then lets me sneak some food in.

Sorry I can't do personals, just too bugered

Jan you poor thing, that must've been very stressful for you all. Glad you're home and Liam is on the mend. Was it a gastro thing?

Megan, is he eating a lot of solids? You probably mentioned it but my memory is not so good.Maybe if you cut solids for one part of the day and see if he takes a bottle then? If not he may be not feeling so great and just not wanting to eat. What about water? Fluids are more important than food. What about the formula in a cup if he uses one? I'm just throwing stuff out there, hope something works for you soon.

Happy 7m Lachlan

Did anyone see the evil face laughing baby on The Morning Show this morning off You Tube? So cute.
    Wow, I've really got nothing tonight.
    Sorry about that.

Megan76 Guest

Thanks Sacha - i have tried just giving him small amounts at lunch....fruit and yoghurt but even an hour later yesterday he wouldnt have a bar of it!! I think i will try after a sleep today because when he gets tired he is a bit of a fuss pot!!

Rebecca i hope your nights get better soon!

Is anyone elses baby not even close to crawling? I keep hearing all these stories of mobile babies but we are certainly not here!!

Megan, Oliver isn't crawling yet. Everyone keeps telling me he's not far off it but I don't think so. He does get himself into a crawling position while he is sitting but can only stay like it for a moment and then he flops down on his tummy. He sort of moves a bit this way but only backwards. He then gets very frustrated and screams until somebody pops him back to sitting but then the whole process starts all over again!!! So I guess you could say he is trying in a way.

Smile

Happy 7 months Lachlan!

No, no crawling here yet for us Megan, but he is figuring it out. Last night I was putting toys just out of his reach as he was in a very energetic playful mood so he was trying his hardest to pull up his knees to get to them. He usually resorts to rolling on his back and reaching out for them that way. Does your Lucas have any intolerances? He would fuss at the bottle if it makes him feel ill afterwards, just to throw another idea into the mix although that probably doesnt help right now. But like sacha said try and keep those fluids up.

Becca ~ You sound very busy and I hope things settle down for you and Xavier soon.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast