Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #18

Hi Ladies.

Sorry for the lack of post's and personals lately. I cant wait for things to be back to normal around here! I dont know what my body is up to but i would love to exchange it for a new one lol. for the last 2 weeks i have had constant headaches and they have been really bad, i have had two migranes and nothing makes them go away, Im having sleep issues too, like right now im so tired but if i go to bed i lay awake for hours and just doze off before Ethan wakes, then i struggle to sleep again I have a doctors appointment on friday though so hopefully we can sort things out.

Ethan is doing well, apart from bumping his head 10+ times a day, he is standing against furniture then letting go and trys to climb stuff At least i get lots of cuddles lol. Loving his solids, very active and sleeps well during the day most days. We are back to 3-4 wake ups a night again, but im rarely asleep so its not a huge issue at the moment.

Dh has just gone back to work and im loving it! Lol im usually sad about it but gee he really frustrated me this time, we had so many fights! I do miss him really, i think! LOL!

Well i will try to pop in again tomorrow. Goodnight ladies.

ETA- I have updated ethans site btw. I havent uploaded our professional ones yet though so will let you know when i do.

hi everyone!
    I think our bubbas have gotten together and decided they don't need as much sleep he he he Link has been waking up 2-3 times a night lately too!

Does anyone else think their babies need more food? Link has about 4-5 breast feeds a day plus 3 solids, but has only been having fruit and vegies. Should I start giving him pasta and rice too? Will that fill him up more? Its just so hard. How do I know if he's waking up cos hes hungry and not getting enough from me?
    Sorry for the whinging! Its just so hard

I can't believe all tese babies moving around! How time has flown! WOW!
    Good luck to everyone with the sick and non-sleeping little ones and I hope those that are getting teeth get them soon!
    Take care
    xox

Hi ladies,
    I just thought I'd pop on quickly, and let you know about a leaflet I have from Heinz. It advises you how many bottle / breast feeds a day. How many solids feeds a day. What age to introduce new solids, meats etc. It's really helpful. I know each baby is different, but I find it really handy to use as a guide. I grabbed it from a MCHN station at the shopping centre. Here is a quick breakdown

7-9 Months
    1tablespoon finely minced meat (fish, chicken, meat)
    Meat alternatives are mashed legumes, egg yolk.
    2-4 tablespoons fruit
    2-4 tablespoons vegetables
    1 slice bread
    2-4 tablespoons of rice cereal
    Plus small amounts of rice, pasta, couscous.
    Breast milk approx 4 feeds a day
    Solids offered before milk

It also has a Meal Guide

Morning Feed - Breast Milk or Formula

Breakfast - 2-4 Tablespoons of cereal

Mid Morning - Fruit

Lunch - Meat and Vegetables, custard or yoghurt, and Breast milk or Formula

Mid Afternoon - Fruit or Yoghurt

Dinner - Meat and Vegetables, fruit or yoghurt for dessert

Before Sleep - Breast Milk or Formula

Like I said this is just a quide. Jack is a little different, he has 5 Breast feeds a day still, and has cereal with toast for breakfast, cruskits for snack, yoghurt or custard with fruit for lunch, arrowroot for afternoon tea, meat and veges for dinner. So it different but similiar.

It's really handy for me.

Got back from the coast today. We had a great time. Both DH and I both said we haven't been this happy in ages, which is really great. We had a important talk when he got back from overseas, and we both decided to start fresh, and we have and it's awesome. He is so involved now with everything, I feel like a new person.

Anyway, enough of me. I must go back and read up some more. Talk to you all later.

Wow it has been a quiet day in here today! Hopefully it means everyone had a wonderful day

Nay- Im a bit stuck with how much and of what ethan should be having at the moment too. I know what you mean about how time flies!! I think it has gone way to quickly

Mel- Welcome back! Glad you and Dh enjoyed your time away and things are great with you both. That heinz info is great thanks for sharing.

Well it has been a horrible day here, i really think that ethan is missing his daddy He has been so grizzly since dh left and he gets very upset real easily and is sometimes really hard to settle. He crawls to the front door and lays on his belly and looks out saying Dadada and he sounds so sad. All he has wanted today is to be carried around and if i have to put him down he just cries and cries. And he wont take no solids at all, he just spits them out, i tried everything today and he wouldnt have a bar of it. Sorry whinge over!

Tomorrow Me and My mum are taking Ethan and his cousins Jaiycob (2.5yr) and Tanaiya(1yr) To a Parent and Childrens Interactive Play Session, could get quite messy apparently lol Looking foward to getting some new game ideas etc that i can do with ethan. I also have my Drs apppointment in the afternoon, never have i been so eager to go to the dr lol but i cant wait!!

Anyway Have a lovely day tomorrow ladies.
    Nighty Nite

Megan76 Guest

There must be lots of busy yummy mummies out there!!

Well i had mothers group here today and all was good! The babies are all getting so big and active it is bizarre when we think back to our first catch ups! They all seemed to like pulling each others hair today which caused a few tears!!

Mel...thanks for that food info! I still dont really know what i am doing but am winging it and all seems fine!

TOJ....i hope things get better with Ethan, the days go so long with a grizzly baby, i know i've had one all week. Its sad that he misses his dad. DH is going away next weekend and i know Lucas will notice he's gone!

Not much else to report here, still busy cleaning and OVER IT!

How many sleeps are your babies having a day? Lucas needs 3 cos his morning and afternoon naps are only about an hour so he cant last till 7-7.30 bed without a final little powernap but lately he is fighting it and will only have it in my arms. Yesterday he went without it and by 7 he was beside himself and very hard to settle so not sure what to do about that one!!

One more thing...yogurt...is it ok to buy just normal natural yogurt, not the baby stuff?

Have a good weekend everyone!

Hi

Wow another very quiet one in here again today.

Megan- Ethan has three sleeps a day too, he used to have a mid morning and mid afternoon now its 3 half hour sleeps and the time he goes down varies. Im not 100% sure but i think i remeber reading here before that the natural yoghurt actually has less sugar than the baby yoghurt, and that it is ok for babies to have. Ethan has been having baby yoghurt but like everything else he has gone off it at the moment.

Well the interactive play session we went to was great fun, The first half hour was a talk on the importance of play, ethan was in the creche and loved it!! then had yummy morning tea and then it was time for the messy stuff. The kids fingerpainted with Shaving Foam, they were covered, especially the girls they had it from head to toe!! Ethan just wanted to eat it lol. Then they played with rice, which resulted in a giggly rice fight with parents getting involved too! And last but not least "FLOUR" poor ethan looked like a little ghost when his cousin Jaiycob thought it would be funny to dump a big handful of it on ethans head HAHA! They took lots of photos to put in a local paper and they are going to organise a music session too, where there will be singing and instruments for them to play.

I had my drs visit today too and got in to trouble for not going sooner The dr has given me some sleeping tablets, which i will start taking tomorrow night as mum will have ethan overnight because i want to make sure there are no side effects which may cause me to not wake up to ethan, they are only mild though so the dr thinks i should be fine. He told me i am very run down, not that im suprised with everything going on lately, and said i need to start eating properly also. I think the eating will get back to normal when im not so tired and have the energy to eat.

Anyway i must go. Hope you are all well.
    Goodnight ladies.

Oh Jess, Ethan is such a cutie!! I just had a look at your site, it's great. I haven't updated ours for so long, I must get to it. Maybe on sunday when I'm kid free.
    By the way, I just wanted to say, that I think your doing a wonderful job, you sound as though your under so much pressure at the moment. No wonder you can't sleep. I think your mum taking Ethan for the night, sounds like a wonderful idea. I hope you can relax and unwind a little. I know how you feel when DH left. My DH and I had a serious chat when he got back last time about things, and we are so much better off now. Maybe you need to talk to someone to get everything off your chest. It's no good for you to have so much on your mind. You physically and mentally can't cope with it all on your own. No one expects you to, and no one could. We are all only human, and I hope you can feel better soon. I just wish we lived near each other, so we talk more often. Your doing such a great job, with Ethan and with your new house, I know sometimes you might not agree, but you definately are. Ethan is so blessed to have such a caring, living and swiched on Mummy. You should be very proud of yourself.

Megan, Jack has 2 sleeps a day. But if we are in and out of the car alot, he sort of has a few naps. But generally he has 1 2hr sleep and 1 45mins sleep. He goes down at 7pm and wakes usually around 4am for a feed then back to sleep until around 7ish, sometimes later and sometimes sooner. I'm normally up by 6 though as Miss Charlize very rarely sleeps past 6am

It's so quiet in here lately, I hope everyone is well.

Well tomorrow is the big day, RACE DAY YEY YEY I'm so looking forward to it, Mum is coming to pick the kids up around 9am then not returning them until Sunday afternoon. I can't wait for my first lay in, for 3 years. OMG what will we do, I had my hair done today, and feeling a million bucks, and I got the biggest bargin on a pair of shoes. They were $40 but I got them for $7. I also got Charlize her shoes for my sisters wedding, they both are going to look so damm cute. Jack in his little Tux and Charlize in her little Dress. I can't wait for that either.

Anyway must be off to do the nails for tomorrow.

Hi there girls!!! How are we all? Nice and relaxed I hope

We have another tooth cut. It's one of Lach's top ones, and it's only JUST poking through the gum, but it's def cut. Yikes! The other top one is looking like it's about to poke through and both bottom ones have both cut, but haven't gotten much higher than cutting the gum. Weird kid. lol
    OMG, Lach showed me what BFing a bubba with teeth is going to be like yesterday. My nipple was mighty angry afterwards. YOUCH! It really hurt. lol
    Here's hoping that's a rare occurance.

Not much new other than the teeth here. Looking forward to Lach's 8 month appt with CHN, see how much he has beefed up since starting solids. At 6 months, he was 6.98kgs... my little greyhound bubba. I am hoping he is much closer to 8kgs at 8 months. He has DEF bulked up, just a question of how much.

Uh oh, GTG..... I just heard muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmm getting called out, and it didn't sound positive. lol

Just a quick one, seems like you all havent missed me. Been flat chat lately and not much energy, but have been skimming the posts.
    Having an early night tonight, so am going to beddybie.
    Night Night all.

Smile

Well it seems like there are a few mums and bubs with eating/sleeping issues. Hang in there everyone.

Rebecca ~ I was going to suggest what Raels said about mixing veg and apple, but perhaps try say 3 cube apple, 1 cube veg to start and then after a few days try 2 cubes of each etc. Has he tried zucchini? It?s a very similar colour to apple when it is pureed. What about potato? He probably recognises the bright orange veg. Also what about two bowls, one of apple, one of veg and alternate spoonfuls (starting with apple of course) so that he may not realise he is eating veg in between? You would probably want to feed him pretty quickly. Maybe give him a toy so that he is not looking at the food? You could also have a spoonful of veg with the tip dipped in apple so this is the first taste to touch his lips? Good on you for being persistent and trusting that you can do it. Start small and work your way up. Be gentle and patient and he will come around.

Jess ~ Sounds like you had HEAPS of fun at the playgroup and I'm glad you got a few things sorted at the doctors. You should make yourself up a big pot of vegie or chicken soup to eat throughout the week. I know it's hard to eat properly when you are only cooking for yourself, maybe a multivitamin might help give your immune system a boost too.

Mel ~ Hope you had fun at the races! What a bargain on the shoes!! When is your sisters wedding?

Nicky ~ I have not had Lucas weighed in a month but I'm waiting to see how much of a difference it's made too. He is on 3 solid feeds a day now and I can feel that it's making a big difference weight wise.

Megan ~ My Lucas (if we are home) has 2/3 naps. One usually before lunch, one at around 2pm and then a short one around 4.30pm, if I'm lucky, to get him through dinner up until bedtime. If he doesnt have that late nap then it's dinner, bottle and straight to bed early.

Hello to all the other mums and bubs

Lucas is well, such a happy cheeky little fellow. Everyone calls him the 'happy baby' as he always has a beautiful smile for everyone, even strangers when we are out shopping. He will make noises to get attention and then smile at them!!
    We will have to teach this one early about stranger danger.

His bottom teeth are not far off, anyday now I'd say but it's hard to tell as they have not been giving him any trouble at all.

Have a great day,

August xox

I was just looking around for some new baby recipes when I found this so I thought I'd copy & post it. Its from huggiescomau

What can affect baby?s eating?

There can be many reasons why a baby doesn?t take to solids, or starts solids and then goes off them. Listed below are just a few possible factors:

When baby starts teething. Don?t be put off if they seem to have lost interest at this point; it is likely to be temporary.

When bub starts to become mobile, they sometimes temporarily lose interest in food as this new-found movement is more interesting to them. This phase will pass, and they will be fine.

It can take up to 10 or more tries for a baby to take to something new; perseverance is important! Don?t confuse rejection with permanent dislike.

Tired infants generally won?t have the inclination to eat solids; the moment has gone. Better to avoid trying to feed a baby who is tired and irritable to give yourself the best possible chance for success.

Hey everyone,

We had a great day yesterday. I felt a million bucks. I even had some wins at the races and even on the pokies, so that's a plus. I haven't done either for so long. All up the day, including lunch, dinner, taxis and drinks only cost me $50. I was on fire at the pub. I was top lining gambling on everyone pokie machines, it was really funny. DH had a lovely sleep in, and we have got so much done today without the kids. We are just waiting for them now. I have expressed so much milk. Last night alone, I had to empty the pump 3 times. And today I have expressed enough to re stock the freezer with 3 bottles.

I'm going to try and download some photos tonight, of the kids. They have both grown so much. Oh I miss them, it's been over 24 hours since I saw them last, and I'm a mess. I don't know how DH did it for 2 weeks and a month at a time. It would have broken my heart.

AMM - Lucas sounds adorable and reminds me so much of Jack. He does the same to get attension and is always smiling. I so love him to death. I can't wait until he gets home so I can have one of his super cuddles. My sisters wedding is on the 10th of May. I can't wait. We are going to go up the coast for the 2 nights before the wedding and the night of the wedding we will stay at the resort the wedding is at. I got Charlize some really cute shoes the other day, so I can't wait to see them both all done up. And for us to get our first family shot, we haven't got any yet of the 4 of us, thats sounds crazy hey, but nop it's true, they are all of DH and the kids, as I'm always the one taking them I can't wait to get all dress up too, I love getting done up.

Sara, hope your taking care of yourself. You sound very busy.

Nicky, yey on Lachlans teeth. Jack still is a gummy baby. So cute.

Jem, hey, I just bought another coupld of bottles of red, ummmmm!!!

Anyway, enough from me. Hope your all having a great weekend. Ummm ribs tonight, yummy.

Hi Ladies.

I dont know how long i have as i thought ethan was asleep but i can hear him playing lol cheeky boy I am so proud of him today as he ate lunch i was a bit shocked as he has been refusing food except for pieces of rockmelon or watermelon He refused breakfast, but for lunch he had Half a piece of bread with vegemite, a yoghurt, a piece of rockmelon and a juice!! And he still wanted his bottle afterwards

Mel- You put a smile on my face when i read your post , i got a littler teary too as i have been so emotional lately lol Thankyou you are a wonderful person. My mum didnt end up having ethan as she ended up being busy, which is ok as i really dont know if i could do it lol he hasnt spent a night away so far I havent taken any sleeping tablets yet as i am looking into something natural as i would prefer that. How was Race Day? I hope you had a lovely time! Did you enjoy you kid free time with DH? Oh and did you get that sleep in? OOPS was typing this when you posted!! Glad you had a wonderful time and well done on the wins. Hope your babies are home soon.

Nicky- Ouch @ Lachs bite Hope he doesnt do it any more. Way to go with the teeth though, ethan is still toothless

Sara- HI, hope things have slowed down a bit and your early night pays off energy wise. I know how you feel though, i feel like i have run out of petrol! Hows Kaetlyn doing?

AMM- Thanks for suggesting a multi vit i hadnt even thought of that! Oh and i think the chicken soup is a great idea too, might get to it when dh is home so i can get it done with out interruptions Lol @ lucas calling out to strangers and smiling! If people pay attention to ethan he either rudely blows raspberries or closes his eyes and looks away!! Another cheeky little boy here That info from the huggies site will be good to keep in mind.

OK must go i just got ethan off to sleep halfway through this post so now i must do some washing. I need a Robot around here that will do the cleaning for me!

BBL
    Last edited by tears_of_joy; March 9th, 2008 at 04:15 PM.

Hi Everyone
    Having hourly night wake-ups with hysterical crying at the moment. We have one tooth through but I'm not sure that it's the cause because she is ok during the day. And she won't allow any kind of comfort except boob -Just a little physically and emotionally draining and I'm hoping it stops before DH leaves on Tuesday. On a brighter note, we bought a new (second hand) car and pick it up tomorrow. It's a metallic burgandy (colour comes first of course LOL) Ford something something Series 3 yada yada low mileage, bells and whistles etc etc. I'm just happy it looks great and the interior is pristine and the AC works!

I will attempt some personals though I probably won't be able to catch up with everyone - sorry
    Jess - Good news on the solids. Hope you're feeling a little better about DH and can manage to get some sleep soon. I know how you feel. Take care of you.

Mel - sounds like you really had a great time and how nice to spend some quality time with DH. It's great that you could enjoy it even though you missed the kids so much. Dan and i went out to lunch yesterday - our first outing without Autie and we were only gone 2 hours and I couldn't wait to get back to her! (Though lunch was unreal - on the Broadwater with seafood and ****tails)

August - I can well imagine that people call Lucas 'happy baby' - just look at his photo! Just love it!

Sara - ditto on the lack of energy. Hope we both get some from somewhere soon LOL

Nicky - oh so cute with the 'mum' call! not so cute with the bite! LOL Ouch! I am crossing my fingers that doesn't happen here! Has it been repeated?

Megan - Sleeps? Don't want to talk about it LOL Usually two of about an hour each though quite often less. Autie also began refusing her third nap and being super tired. I have tried to push her other two out a bit later to have her last at about 2-3 so then she can last until 6ish. Autie's naturapath recommended only normal natural yoghurt for her as the baby ones have so much sugar.

Nay - it's ok to add other things into the diet if you think he needs it. Some carbs at dinner may fill him a little more though that doesn't really seem the case with Autie. Maybe some meat too if you're not going vegetarian. I also find Autie likes a snack now and then - usually a piece of something she can hold herself - broccoli, avocado, cauliflower, roasted vegies etc. She's not having bread anymore for the moment but she loved toast with vegemite to work on for a while. Do what you think will work for the both of you.

Sorry, that's going to have to be it for me tonight. I should be sleeping while I can. Ciao

Hi everyone,
    I am back and ready for personals, although it may be a sad attempt!
    But about us,
    We have been super busy, with something on everyday. I dont think that there is much planned for the next week until the weekend again.
    Kaetlyn is happy with her solids, teething, but no sign of teeth cutting through and crawling like a little trooper. She is still so little that after being awake for an hour and half she is tired again. She isnt a big eater, so all her energy is being used to keep her little body fuelled for her crawling. The minute she is awake she is on the go. I try and get her to sit and play not using much energy, but she prefers to be looking around. Her latest habits are
    -sucking in her bottom lip,
    -crawling over to the gas heater and suckinging the gas outlet which we cant seem to stop- its shiny and sticks up!
    -and sitting in her cot squeling when she is awake.

I am thinking of increasing her meals to 3, she is only on lunch- fruit and yoghurt anddinner- veges. She only has about two large cubes worth. Does anyone give their bubs 'desert' my grandma was asking me the other day what I give her for dessert nothing. SHe barely fits in the meals that I give her, as she sometimes cant fit in milk 2 hours after her solid meal.

Oh and we went to Pumpkin patch yesterday, and got Kaetlyn some pink jeans, and cute crimson velour jacket and a little shirt. It is soooo expensive- we had vouchers to use. The 6-12 month size is big for Kaetlyn, but as the lady said, you dont want to get them and she grows out of them before the season is over. At this rate, she will still fit them next winter.

Sacha-Yay on the car and good luck with the sleeping.

Jess- you sound like you need a good long sleep and lots of food. I know that with me, Kaetlyn always comes first, like play, bathing feeding, dressing etc, and I still find that my afternoon, I am still in my Jimmy Jams and had nothing to eat. I swear, tat when we gave birth, we gave away our perception of time!
    I really feel for all you mums that DH/DP/DF's work away from home for lengths of time.

Mel- Glad you had a great day and cant wait to see your site when you update it!

Umm I cant think of anyone else, sorry, frizzled brain. Will come back tomorrow and do the rest.
    xoxox

Smile

Hi all,

Em, yeah I have tried mixing apple in, we just wasted more food. We got to a point one day where he wouldn't even eat the sweet things. But I'll elaborate further on our efforts below

Danielle, I'm glad Oscar is doing so well, I hope you get better soon. yay on new carpet and paint. Just do them in the right order, could get messy otherwise

Nicki, can't mix custard in with vegies, as I stoped custard and yoghurt 'cause around the time he went off food he was doing super stinky farts, so I think the dairy component might have disagreed with him. we will wait a few months before putting those back in the diet.
    Xavier isn't super chucky, but does have the occasional spew. I have finally gotten arround to buying one of those road map rugs for the floor, he can spew and wee on that as much as he wants and then he can play with cars on it when he's bigger. it doesn't mean the carpet is safe, just that we have about 2 metres grace.
    We turned our seat around a few weeks ago, yes he was only just 8kg, but he is so much happier facing out.

Megan I am a little exhausted. Xavier probably has a similar amount of milk, my supply has just gone through a re-adjustment and he will have 2 x 200ml bottles during the day, problem is i'm not the one feeding him so I don't know why he doesn't always drink it all.
    Xavier hates it when I try to de-snot his nose too. He just doesn't get that plugging your nose with snot just isn't good for you. Xavier has developed a very moist chesty cough that won't go away so has not got antibiotics to help matters.

nay, I think it's a food thing partially here, but I can't get anymore food into the boy because he won't eat thick food!!

Mel, yay i'm glad your fresh start is going so well. you even sound renewed.
    Thanks for the info you listed, i know I need to increase what xavier eats but it's proving quite difficult. Maybe more snacks will help us. We did introduce cruskits the other day and he loves them, they turn into glue, but they keep him happy, and we have vegiemite on toast and fruit for breakfast.

Jess, I hope when the dr said you were run down you said well dah. lol I hear you i'm buggered and naughty with the food. I almost live on easter eggs at the moment. but lunch is costing me a fortune 'cause I have no energy to make mine before I go to work. if I didn't make nathan cook tea each night I probably wouldn't eat vegies.

amm, all good suggestions and all raspberried, sooked and smacked away by Xave.

Sacha, glad to see your car priorities are in the right place

Sara pumpkin patch can be expensive when you are buying new season stuff to fit now, but go to their website and buy clearance stock in sizes to fit next year and they are really cheap!

Ok us and food.

We seem to have more problems than just food and it all comes down to sleep.
    I have tried so much I just can't think of anything else. I also feel like i have no control because I know if I wasnt' at work I would have a much better chance of getting him eating and sleeping again. We had some cool days the other day and we even got one night were he slept through the night, it was bliss. Byt the end of the week it was awful up every 2 hours again. Have managed to get more food into him using 2 methods, Xavier has developed a wet chesty cough so with all the mucous it makes sence he doesn't want to eat anything too think, so I've been thining it out a little and we get a little success. With the help of gran the other night we realised we could distract him to eat buy singing twinkle twinkle little star, no other songs mind you, and he ate really well, but we had an awfull night and he did a big power spew on nathan's watch thankfully.

So this is what we are trying.
    Went to the dr and we now have antibiotics to help his chesty cough. we are trying some finger foods and getting whatever other food we can get into him. We are also going to be trying the controlled comforting, well we'll see anyway as because of the colds he has had and needed to sit up to fall asleep because of his runny nose, which means in mums arms, and now this has turned to a bit of habit, and he will self settle for the staff at creche but not for mum or dad.
    So fingers crossed if we can fix sleep and food we can go back to having a really good little baby boy

Take care all, probably see you by next week, at least it's a 4 day week, followed by another 4 day week, and another 4 day week and I have taken a day off for our next mchn app, which will give me another 4 day week. I love public holidays.

Just thought I'd let you all know I have finally updated some photos of the kids on the site. Still got to rename some of Charlize's but hey, at least they're up.

Megan76 Guest

Hi! Well first post today and its nearly 3pm you busy little beavers!!

Not much going on here really, Lucas has been a lot happier the last couple of days and seems to be nearly over his cold which has stuck around for way too long!
    Something horrible happened yesterday though....i was on the couch actually checking out posts on here, and DH was on the other couch with Lucas, next thing i know Lucas has tumbled off the couch and practically bounced on his head. It was the worst thing i have ever seen. He screamed for a bit and poor DH was in tears all morning he felt so bad. God you just cant take your eyes off them for a second at this age, it was a big big lesson. I was paranoid all day he had some injuries we couldnt see but he was really happy so we assumed all was well. He went to bed at 7pm and didnt wake up till 8am which is great but i was so worried this morning. We felt like such bad parents!

Mel - Glad you had such a great time at the races, you deserve a good break! The photos of the kids are ace...love the santa one, how cute does Jack look!

Bec - Good luck with all the food and sleep issues, its all you need when you are back at work. I wish i had some good advice but i have nothing! Hope the controlled comforting isnt too hard on you, sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind!!

Sacha - Naughty Auty and her waking up, how draining for you! I really hope she snaps out of it for you before DH goes away again....if not, chuck her in the new car and just keep driving!! I am trying to drag out the naps too and see how that goes, yesterday it worked a treat but everyday is different!

August - I think we got opposite Lucas's! My little buddy is very people shy and can scream at certain people he doesnt know! He is so happy at home and with people he is familar with but has a fair bit of stranger anxiety which can be a bit of a pain!

Well more cleaning to be done, why oh why did we decide we needed to build a new house and sell this one......IDIOTS!!

Hmm i could hear banging, they are actually putting up the FOR SALE sign as i type!!

Hope everyone is great!!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast