Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #19

Default Babies Born July 2007 #19

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in July 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...2007-18-a.html

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Last edited by Trillian; April 5th, 2008 at 05:23 PM.

Hi Ladies

Hope your all enjoying your weekends.

Well Ethan slept through lastnight from 9.30pm - 8.30am!!!! I was in shock, lol! I didnt sleep well though as im coming down with the flu and was all achy. Still happy though as he woke up and had breakfast and had an AM sleep from 11 till now, so 50mins. which is good. Hopefull he will have a decent nap this afternoon and sleep well again tonight. He is still quite grumpy with the teething, but no sign of teeth yet!! I wish they would hurry up or just stop causing him pain!

Anyway i wont do personals now as i for got what i read in the previous thread so will re read later and post again. For now i must go as ethan will be ready for lunch and a play.

BBL

So annoyed just lost my big post and I was half way through personals hate that! I'll be back later to type it all again

Just checking in.

Enchanted Guest

Just checking in girls!!

Sorry I have been MIA again. I have been reading all your posts but have been feeling so tired and blergh. I will try and get back tomorrow to say a proper Hi.

Hope you are all having a fabbo night ladies and bubbas!

Smile

Hi Everyone, hope you have all been enjoying your weekend.

Welcome Emma M and Tayha. Very cute website, she looks like she is waving in her 12 week u/s picture! I like how it says what year she will start kindy and driving etc too!

Sarah ~ How is bayleigh's sleeping going and how is his eye?

We are all well here. Lucas cut his first tooth last weekend and he was a bit of a grump but he is fine now. About feeding meat and how often, I've only been giving Lucas chicken now and again but yesterday I made his first beef stew which turned out great. I've been giving Lucas a bit of cheese now too. We were having burritos one night and although he'd had his dinner he wanted mum to share so I gave him some cheese and its since been a regular thing as he loves it. I usually add a few tiny cubes to his vegies and it melts through it. He had pasta with cauliflower and cheese for lunch yesterday. It was annoying boiling his baby pasta in serves so I cooked the lot and froze it in ice cube trays, which has been so much easier!

Sorry for the lack of personals but its too early!!

BBL

ahh im so tired but no matter what i just cant fall asleep Ah well just thought i would pop in. Will do personals later. My heads just not in it at the moment

Bye

AMM bayleigh has been sleeping not to bad for the last 2 nights only woken TWICE and has slept in till 9am but through the day he had a AM and PM sleep n both sleeps were for over 2 1/2 hours so i dont know if that had anything to do with it...... but thursday night it was every hour n from 4 am till 630 he was awake and wouldnt seattle in his bed so DP tried to get him to sleep on his chest (which he does when hes sick) but he would lay his head down for 5 mins n den bolt right up n start laughing we just kept saying sleep time bayleigh nite nite finally we had enuff n put him back in his bed and he went back to sleep till 930

His eye is goin good the bruising has gone so im kinda glad n there is just a timy lil scab where he cut it... I STILL FEEL BAD lol

i want to give bayleigh chicken or fish but im scared as he chokes on stuff as he cant chew it properly n coz hes a guts he just swollows his food... so i think i mite jsut wait till he gets atleast one tooth lol im giving him just mash food and have been for a while now just to get him used to chewing but it dont seem to be working....

Well i hope all you girls had a great weekend.... Ours wasnt to bad we went out for lunch yesterday as it was DP birthday as as usual His father caused trouble (thats another story for another time LOL)

well better go im in da middle of bayleighs vegies and pie meat
    chat later
    sarah

Hi Ladies
    Thanks for the welcome.

Mel- I love the NRL too. We just got tickets on Thursday for the State of origin game at Brisbane. I cant wait.

Sarah- I know exactly how your feeling about the bath incident. I was in the bath with Tayah a few months back and she threw herself sideways out of my grip and bumped her brow bone on the side of the bath. She had a bruise for a day or so, but like you I cried about it more then she did. I felt sooo guilty.

August moon mum- It does look like she is waving in that pic, I really need to get on there and update the website.

Well for the last 2 weeks Tayah has been letting go of the furniture and standing on her own for a few seconds, but since yesterday she has really found her balance and has been letting go of the furniture and balancing for about a minute before falling on her butt, she has even worked out how to stand up straight off the floor without pulling herself up with anything. Its very exciting but also scary as our whole house has slate tiled floors, im so worried she is going to try and take a step and end up banging her head on the floor (which has happened a couple of times already since learning to crawl) poor thing needs a helmet.

Anyway hope you are all having great wknd's

Emma

Hey Everyone!!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Its been OK here. Jason has been working like usual but its been OK. I hung out at mum's yesterday and she made pavlova - YUM! Right now I am in the process of making pancakes..

Avaleigh has been OK with her teeth. I only gave her panadol once and boy did she hate it!! Kept her mouth shut nice and tight!! I cant wait until they have totally come through cause maybe we will have some peace, until the next lot comes through! So I guess from now until whenever I will be waking up during the night. Its only been once or twice the past few nights, so not too bad.

Sarah - oh isnt it soo bad when our bubs hurt themselves!! And there is going to be more cuts and bruises to come...

Mel - I think we have finally decided to stay in Cairns. First it was Cairns and then Port Douglas but now I am thinking Cairns cause there will be more to do there and we can travel north and south.

Emma - Welcome to the flock! I think I remember you back in july last year posting about your high blood pressure and needing to be induced. I was in the same boat, except Avaleigh was only induced 2 days early.

IHmmm I think that I am going to turn Avaleigh's seat today!! She is always struggling the sit up and turn and look out the front window and see what I am doing. The manual says that you can turn it any where between 8 - 12 kg but recommends 10kg, so was waiting for 10kg but thats going to be ages away! And she has good neck/head support. Good everything support!! Caught her standing in the middle of the room holding on to nothing for well over 30 seconds!!! So I am going to turn it when Jason gets home.

Anyway, better get going and give Avaleigh some lunch and make these pancakes!!

Hi girls

I have been MIA for a while - just busy with life LOL!!

I am starting back at work tomorrow and part of me is really excited and part of me is filled with dread! It is only 5 days per fortnight and I am really looking forward to being able to have adult conversations and quiet coffees and shopping at lunch time but I know I will miss the kids and will worry about them and I am worried about how on earth I am going to get myself and everyone else ready! I am sure we will be fine - just have to establish a bit of a routine. I really think I need to go back to work with DH away so much as this will give me some balance which I dont feel like I have at the moment! If he was around more foten I would probably stay at home a bit longer but this willbe really god for me - well thats what I am hoping. I know I am rambling a bit - must be nerves.

Welcome to Emma and Sarah - looking forward to etting to know you and your babes!

V - great to hear from you again. Sounds liek Avaleigh is a real go goetter!! I cant believe she is standing for 30 secs on her own. Although in saying that Charlotte is now pulling herself up and walking along furtnite so I guess they wil lall be walking soon - SCARY! Lucky you with a holiday to Cairns.

Jess - hope you managed to get some sleep you poor thing! Lack of sleep is such a terrible thing - particulary if you are on your own as you often are .

Mel - how did you enjoy your baileys last night? Mine went down a treat! Mite have to do it again tonight. I am not an NRL girl (not at all big in SA) although I do floow the AFL!

Jas - dont you hate it when you lose a long post GRRRR! So frustrating.

I have been trying to express today to make sure Charlotte has some milk for tomorrow but I am having trouble getting much. Normally I can get heaps but I have only managed 50 ml so far. I am going to express while I am at work although I had to arrange a special roomas my office has massive glass windows so I didnt fancy doing it in there - would have been a rather scary sight for anyone walking past!

DH is away again and gets home tomorrow so it will be nice to have him home for a few days again. He was meant to have all three children on his own on Wednesday but he has a meeting to go to now so his parents are having them - I was looking forward to him having them all for the entire day but never mind that will happen soon enough hehehehehe!!! He is very good - he has all three whenever he can to give me a break but has never had them all day without a break!!

I have been trying to keep up with you all in the last thread but so hard LOL!!

Well I had best run and try and express some more - ahh the joys!

take care everyone and I will BBL soon. Sorry for lack of personals - but you know how it is!!

Jem

Hi Everyone

I've got the blahs at the moment. Starting to wish I could just press an off button for some time out occasionally! Autie has cut 4 teeth and has started a different sucking movement that has caused an open graze and lumps on one nipple. It's surprisingly agonizing to feed at the moment - feels like razor blades She won't take a bottle but I'm going to try and express and use a cup instead. If that doesn't work I guess I'll just have to grin and bear it. If only she didn't need me to fall asleep! Anyway that's my grumble.
    We've been away on our first trip and it went very well thank goodness. I have been reading through the posts and hopefully I'll have some time later when she's in bed to get some personals done.

Happy Sunday

Enchanted Guest

OMG!!! We have a tooth It's all a bit exciting here even though I have one grumpy little man

I will BBL, just have to get organised

I think we are going to take our family holiday to Daydream Island!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Going to be expensive but WE ARE GOING TO DO IT!!

Hi girls,

Hope everyone has had a great weekend. Ours was pretty good. L had his first soccer match of the season yesterday and his team won 9-0!! It was a great game and he scored the first goal in the first few minutes! Today we finally took the boat out! It goes really well - but so it should - it has a brand new motor. We didn't catch any fish but we didn't really try, it was more of a test run anyway. It was such a beautiful day and Oliver behaved himself so well. He had a few moments but he was pretty tired. He had a little nap on the bb's but other than that he just sat on my lap and looked around with a big grin half the time!

I bought some lamb today which I am going to boil up tomorrow and chop really finely. I am also going to try him on some weetbix in the morning, which I'm sure he will love!

Jemima - hope it all goes well tomorrow! And I hope the expressing gets easier soon. It is hard isn't it? I've never been able to get much but luckily I haven't needed to worry about it either.

Sacha - Glad you had a good time on your holiday. Ouch about your nipple!! Gosh you poor thing. Have you considered maybe using a shield until it heals a bit? Hope things get better for you soon.

Jess - I hope you get some sleep soon. Are you still using those patches you mentioned?

Hello to everyone else that I have missed. Gotta run and say goodnight to L before he falls asleep. I hate missing out on goodnights!!

Raels and Oliver. xo

Hi all,

we have cut a tooth!!

well my fantastic sleeps were gone after only 2 days back at crech. Grr, this is very frustrating.

Jesikah, Happy 8 months Ethan hugs on the choking, I hope ethan is ok now. It is very scary isn't it. I am petrified of something like that happening.

em, your sister is right, it is her duty to spoil him. Think of it this way, you can't justify the expense because of the short time he will wear it and the mess he will probably make of it, but from your sis's persepctive she gets to buy him something special that no one else will. Big smack for your dh giving tom salt and viniger chips. Although I have to confess I give Xavier maccas fries to chew on.
    I was really lucky with the chocolate front this year, no one tried to give xavier any. I wonder if grandparents realise just how much pain a little bubba could end up in from having chocolate too young?
    I have been wondering about the milk in cooking as well. I've been curious if it would be better to use soy milk??

V, dad is definetly for playing only here too, but I get frustrated because I don't get to see him all day and yet it feels like you go to dad suring the day to play and at night you eat and sleep with mum. I swear Xavier thinks i'm his mobile bed.
    Whenever I have lots of egg yolks left over from making things, i cook the dogs an omlet (I don't like eggs) they love it.
    We have been having wind problems too, just one of the reasons Xave won't sleep. I think he is hooked on infants friend. he see's the bottle and gets cranky if we take too long to give it to him.
    Ok the pool for when avaleigh walks is open, i'm going for 9 months!! Nathan apprently walked at 9 months.

Nicki, we are between puree and mash, 'cause he got fussy for a few weeks, but he has had the canned stuff with beef, chicken and lamb, and he has had mum made with chicken too. I've been giving xave melon banana and apple for a few weeks now and he loves it but mainly just sucks it. We do have to fish it out of his mouth but the cold melon must feel good on his gums. he has also been sucking on vegemite on toast for a while now, and has tried fruitless hotcross buns too oh and we just tried some cheese this weekend.
    Xavier got frustrated with the fresh food feeder, so he just has it in his hands.

Nay, Xavier likes chips too, I have been sucking the salt off before i give them to him.

Hey, A lot of you have mentioned that your bubs aren't feeding very well on milk anymore, Could that be 'cause they are slowly cutting back. Xavier has cut back to about 4 feeds per day, sometimes 5.

Megan, have you tried just reducing the tea, or maybe having it earlier? I have found that xavier won't drink if I try to feed him before he is absolutley ready, which can be really difficult in the night 'cause he is so tired he fusses to no end. I guess I am kind of lucky though, 'cause I bf I've found that if I can get him to sleep I then dream feed him.

Smcgt, You mentioned that you use the old babyfood jars and freeze them. I have been keeping some food jars myself to use for similar purposes. Did you know you can actually use those jars like preserve jars. You just need to sterilize first, then fill with vegies or fruit, I wouldn't put meat in though for this, then you put the lids on and put them upside down in water and boil the jars. The heat sucks the little button back in and seals them. You can then keep them in the cupboard.

Well it seems like it's been a toothy week!! Xaviers has just scratched the surface. it's broken through, and hopefully won't go back in. I am crossing my fingers that some teeth will come in and and then I might get my little boy who sleeps through the night back again. Yet I'm not holding my breath when you consider how many teeth they get in the space of 2 years, I can't imagine there will be many times when teeth aren't on the way.

Well the boy has been aslepp for about 2 hours, so I am expecting that he will probably wake up any minute, yet will be extreemly happy if he doesn't.
    I might make myself a hot milo and jump into bed.

Night all.

jUST A REALLY QUICK POST

Lots of teeth comingout this weekend

Rebecca, Wow I didn't realise you could leave them in the cupboard then how handy will start doing some!

Rebecca- Thanks for that lil bit of info ill be doin that i mite just put vegies in one jar and put them away n ill put just meat in the others n freeze them they dont take long to defrost......

Everyone else has bubs with teeth I WANT A BABY WITH TEETH..... i can see his 2 front bottom teeth at the front of his gums they have been in the same spot for about 2 months n dotn seem to be moving... they mite be bothering him coz he chews on EVERYTHING including SHOES of all things oh n toes i swear he has a shoe n foot fetish
    well ill be back later this afternoon i have to get ready as im taking DD and a friend to the movies to see step up 2 (wat is it with 7yr old girls and dance movies LOL) and bayleigh is staying with a friend while i take the girls so yay a break fo me longer then an hour this will be the first time in 8 months i wander how i will go LOL
    anyway ladys best be off
    have a great day
    sarah

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast