Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #19

Megan76 Guest

Hello, hello!

Well i just read everything but now i have case of the cant be bothered's!! Seems as though teeth are the number one issue at the moment. I have a feeling they could be Lucas's problem with his bottles as yesterday we put bonjela on his gums before each bottle and he was really good, nearly had the lot for all three...still a bit of a battle but heaps better and at least he had it. The few days before he was totally refusing!

Cant remember if i told you all we sold our house! Only took a week so its a big relief....except now we have to pack and move and build......yuk!!

Well i am off to my nana's, will try and do personals tomorrow!

Hey Everyone

Veronica- Yep that was me with the high blood pressure, I think we actually went in on the same day to be induced, only when I got to the hospital the birth suites were busy for 3 days straight so I had to wait 3 days at the hosp before been induced. Daydream Island, lucky you. We stayed at Hamilton Island which is near Daydream a couple of years ago and it was beautiful, you will love it.

A question for all the mums with talking bubs - just wondering how long after they said there first word was it till they learnt their second? Tayah has been saying mum for a while now. I have been trying to teach her dad for a few weeks now but all she does when I say 'dad, dad, dad,' to her, is makes a popping noise, (where you press you lips tight together then pop your mouth open...if that makes sense). She's actually doing it as I type

hey emma bayleigh started with "dad dad" back in january and 2 weeks later he said "mum" n he now says "mum dad bub bot (bottle) n nan" all within a total of 5 weeks maybe ( and i swear he said hey a few weeks ago but not sure ) But he does have 2 older siblings one 7yr old sister who is with us full time and doesnt shut up lol and one 3yr old brother who is with us every 2nd weekend so dat could be the reason why he says so many words
    Tayah will say Dad and it will be the one word she will say allllllllll the time LOL

Sarah

6 teeth. Yes, 6 have now cut. Lach's not so cranky now that they have cut through the gum, but his first one is taking a long time to actually come all the way up.
    Anys, there's 4 teeth along the top and 2 along the bottom. I hope it's over and done with for a few months.

I'm getting lost in the posts again.... can't keep up.
    Had an awesome weekend with the girls, but couldn't wait to get home to my boys.

Anyway, Better head off. CHat to you all soon

xxoo

Hi ladies

This post is only short just to let you all know im not going to be around for a couple of weeks. Im really struggling with PND i know i haven't spoken about it but i have been in denial and not wanting to believe that i had it, But now im facing it and have to take some time out to get well again. Thanks for all your support ladies. Will talk again in a few weeks.

I have posted about this here:
    http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/mess...ng-awhile.html

Hope you and all your babies are well.

Bye for now

Oh Jess, I knew something was up. You haven't been yourself for sometime now. Your not on your own though. Many many women feel this way to some extent, so don't think that your not normal for having these feelings. Councelling and or medication have great success with treating PND, you have taken the first step by opening up, so good on you, that takes guts and courage, something I know you have plenty of. I hope and prey for you that you start to feel better soon. I know it was a hard choice but I think you made the right decision about TTC. Like you said you need to focus on you for awhile. I think of heaps sweetie, and I really hope you feel better asap, if you ever want to chat off BB, here is my email [email protected] Please feel free to contact when whenever. I would love to chat. Like I said once earlier, even talking about these things will make you feel a whole lot better, I know from experience. Take care hun, hopefully I'll talk to you soon. Give that Ethan a big kiss from me.

Jess, I'm sorry for what you are going through. I hope the road to recovery isn't too long. You have taken the first steps and that is recognising that you have this illness. Well done on making the decision to see a councellor, which I'm sure will help in so many ways. Being able to get it all out is a great thing. Remember to take some time just for you. I know that one of the biggest things people deal with when suffering from depression is a great sense of 'guilt', but there is no need to ever feel this. You will come out the other end of this. :hugs: Take care. xo Raels.
    Last edited by razzle; April 1st, 2008 at 10:16 AM.

Grrr.. What is going on with BB?? I just did a big post and lost the whole thing. No time to re-post now . Will try to be back later or during the week. I am starting back at work tomorrow so have to get organised.

Jess - if you are reading the posts, i am thinking of you. I did type you a msg but it is gone, so i will try again later xx

Jess - Sending you all the hugs and prayers that you get all the support and love you need to get you through. Please come back and let us know how you're doing when you're up to it. :hugs:

Emma - Hi to you and Tayah, and welcome. How clever to be standing straight from the ground already! I hear you on the helmet, we have tiles too. I'm thinking one of those sumo suits in baby size...

V - Autie hated panadol at first. I found she likes the chemist brand, strawberry flavour much better than the panadol brand. But we are using the Brauer's Teething Relief with good results and she LOVES it, plus it's all natural which is a bonus.

Jem - Hope work went really well for you and you didn't have too many 'missing your kids' teary moments.

Danni - congrats on the first tooth! Shame these milestones come with the grizzles huh? Like I said above, we have found the Brauer's to be really helpful.

Raels - How exciting for you all with the first boat trip! What kind of boat do you have? I did get a shield but Autie won't have a bar of it, so it's grin and bear it I'm afraid. Autie loves lamb - how did Oli go?

Bec - Yey on the first tooth! Hope you get your nights back soon.

Welcome Sarah and Bayleigh. How did your time apart go?

Megan - That's great your house only took a week to sell. I don't envy you having to pack and wait through a build though! Are you staying with your nana during that time?

Nicky - Wow! 6 already?!?!?! Poor Lachy - hope you both get a bit of a break before the next one.

Sorry to anyone I didn't get to - I only went as far as the posts it shows on the reply page but hi to everyone and hope you're all happy and healthy.

I gave in and put Autie back on the cortisone cream for her eczema as it was so bad and she has now all cleared up. I'm working with the naturapath to get her into shape immune-wise to try and stop her flaring up again. We're still having issues with BF and pain (for me) but it occurred to me yesterday that I might be running low on milk so I tried expressing and only got 50ml - same again this morning first thing. I think this might explain some of our sleep problems (still waking every 2hrs or so) so I am going to look into introducing some formula. I wanted to BF until 12m but if I don't got it, I don't got it I guess. Does everyone FF have a preferred brand, and if so, why?
    Also, how much is your bub having in a 24hr period in how many bottles?

Bit sad about the whole BF thing actually. At least I got 9m in I guess I should be happy for that. (Nothing against FF, I just really enjoyed BF)

Sacha - we use NAN and are still on step 1, as opposed to moving up to step 2 at 6 months on the recommendation of my doctor. Tom seems to get constipated very easily so he didn't want me to start introducing food and the step at same time. I think step 2 is higher in iron and can cause constipation. He said if he is getting enough iron etc in his diet it is ok to stay on step 1. We tried most brands to begin with (we originally started off as a supplement to breastfeeding). I found he got really constipated on both Karicare and S26 just did not work for him. NAN seems to have been the best, for him anyway. Tom only drinks about 120ml-150ml at a time and is having 4 or 5 bottles a day. I think megan's Lucas is on 3 bottles but larger amounts. Well done with getting so far in feeding. I wish I could of done it

Sacha - I feel just about out of milk too.... and Lach still wakes a bit at night. I had 24 hours of not feeding him, and I filled up heaps in that time, having to express every 5 hours cos I was in pain. I really thought I didn't have that much milk. Then when I got home, He has been a bit fussy at the boob, I would say because my supply has altered a little. Last night I did have to resort to giving him a bottle of formula. It's all good now though, because I still have some motillium left, and have been taking it, and this morning I was leaking, so supply is getting good again
    I comp fed for a few months a while back, and while most of the time, that doesn't help your supply, it did end up helping me to continue.
    If you really want to keep going, you can get fenugreek tablets from a health food store. They are my backup for when I run out of motillium. I haven't used them yet, but apparently they work a charm.

I have used 2 different formulas. Heinz nurture is a fantastic formula to start off with. I have heard nothing but fantastic reveiws about it, and Lach loved it. There were no probs swapping between that and breastmilk. We ended up having to switch (which really probably wasn't the formula, but we changed anyway), as Lach was having a few constipation issues. We went to NAN Gold, with bifidus. Lach had no trouble changing, and this has helped a bit with his poo issues, but much the same as before. The prce differences are amazing between the 2. NAN is around $24 a tin, where as Heinz is around $10 - $13, but I got 3 tins on special for $6 from coles
    I think the heinz is a better formula, and we should have stayed on it, because it's not the formula that's the issue, it's my child. lol

Either way, you have done a fantastic job bfing this far!!! WELL DONE! If you can keep going, awesome. If you can't, that's cool too! Autie has had a fantastic start and you should be very proud of the both of you

Emma - The words here are a plenty. Lachlan is avery talkative boy. He says 'mum' 'dad' 'bub' and we get some other noises... 'gah' 'yea''raa'. He just says whatever he feels like and is very unpredictable. He went off saying dad for about a month. When he wants my attention, he will just call out 'aaaaaaaaaa' very directly.
    I am a very talkative person, and I talk and sing to him alot. I have started reading books etc, but I think he has just got the noisyness from his mum

Well, sippy cups are going really well here, and last night Lach had plain water and gulped it all down. He liked it! He usually cracks it, 'gag's coughs and spits it out. So was pretty happy with that.
    He has been having some thickened food, and last night, he got a jar of vegies (store bought) and was having a bit of trouble swallowing it. He didn't like the chunks of vegies. Lucky he doesn't normally eat them, but it makes me wrry a little that he will be a baby that's stuck on mashed foods for a while...
    HOw has everyone progressed from puree to mash to chunky?? We haven't started toast yet, as I haven't done my shopping for the week. That will be on friday morning. Did everyone elses bubs take to toast straight away, or did they not really enjoy the texture?
    I really need to stop reading. LOL I keep reading the things that could go wrong, and worrying that that is what will happen. SIlly brain.

ANyway, best be off. Lots of dishes to do as I got lazy last night.

Have a good day all.
    xxoo

Jess- Take care of yourself, sending you :hugs:

Sacha- Tayah has been on the Karicare Gold formula since 2 months old. She has a tongue tie and lip tie so she was never able to attach properly, I expressed every feed for her for the first 2 months but it all got a bit much and I wasnt enjoying being a mummy so I put her onto formula. We have never had a problem with constipation on Karicare gold but I have heard of other bubs having trouble with it. Tayah is having 4 bottles a day with 200mls in each. Congrats on been able to breastfeed for 9mths.

Sarah and Nicky- wow at all the words your bubs are saying already, thats awesom. We do lots of singing and reading too, and she's always chatting but is still only saying mum and random sounds. Im just wondering because of the tongue tie, the lady that done Tayahs hearing test when she was first born said that we will
    know whether the tongue tie will cause speech problems by whether she can say dad or not (you use your tongue to say dad but not really for saying mum), and she said she should be saying it by about 8 months old.

We havnt started toast yet, im still trying to get Tahah use to lumps, she just wants everything pureed and spits any lumps she gets out. I have been giving her some finger food lately hoping that it might help with getting use to lumps and she has been going ok with them, just cooked pears, watermelon, banana and her rusks. So I might try some toast too.
    Last edited by July Mum; April 2nd, 2008 at 10:55 AM.

Sacha, Bayleigh is on the heinz nuture step 2.. My milk ran low when he was 17 weeks old so we started on step 1 and he didnt have a problem with it at all. He has 3-4 bottles a day and he can drink up to 300mls but mostly its 200-250ml....
    my MCHN actually recommended it to me when i was having trouble BB DD when she was 12 weeks old....i personally wouldnt even try other ones unless there was a problem of course ...
    As nicky says its one of the cheapest too which is a added bonus i pay $16 at woolie here in mildura but when ever i get to melbourne to see family i go to BIG W and buy it $11 so i buy 10 tins....
    Also i had friends that had their bubs on S26 and NAN and when bubs would spew i found it to really smell......
    My sister in law has just swapped my niece to heinz after having her on S26 for 9 months it ws starting to make her constipated... my niece hasnt been affected by the heinz at all No pains no constipation shes goin great guns and she even put her straight onto step 2
    Also our time apart went well i think he handled it better then me LOL i kept sending txt through the movie asking my girlfriend how he was goin..... lol she never replyed told me i had to get use to it lol as he was an angel and she will be having him more often so i got told LOL

Nicky , I havent tried Bayleigh on toast yet im scared he will choke as he chokes - gags on all other food but hes vegies and meat ithink its coz he just slurps down his food he doesnt chew.... He doesnt have ANY teeth ...... but we are slowly gettin his vegies a lil bit chunkier to get him to chew.......

well gunna go and hang washingout while bayleigh is down for his morning snooze
    hope you all have a great day chat soon

sarah

Thanks for your replies guys. I'm trying the Heinz and she's drinking like she's had it all her life. Fingers crossed it's what she needs and doesn't cause any problems

Smile

Aww Jess :hugs: You take some time for yourself as you are important too. I agree with the other girls that being able to tell people how you feel is the first step to getting through PND. Ethan sounds like he is a very happy healthy little boy and you are doing a fantastic job. Stick to his routine and I'm sure everything will continue to go well. Babies/kids like to know what is coming next. Ethan sounds like a tough adaptable little guy, especially after his spider bite. You take care of yourself now and I look forward to hearing about how you are going soon.

BBL

Sacha - 9 months of breastfeeding is an awesome achievement! You should be so proud of yourself. I know you would be feeling sad about the prospect of giving up but I also know you are in pain and you are tired! Best of luck with it all.

Nicky - Oliver has been having toast and other finger food for a few weeks now. At first he mostly sucked on the toast but now he 'bites' little bits off. He took to it fine, in fact he would rather feed himself these days. If I am spoon feeding him I have to give him his own spoon otherwise he gets a bit cranky! Regarding 'chunky' food I have given banana, brocolli, carrot sticks (cooked), small peices of squash, cubed sweet potato and he is also having pasta.

Looks like we might have a tooth very soon. I can see it just under the gum which looks a little purple with a little hole in it. He had a temp today and runny nose and doing awful poos! Oh and it is a top tooth! Who knows if it will pop through but this is his first time he has had all the classic signs of teething. He even has those little red dry patches on his cheeks. Does anyones bub get those? L used to get them everytime he was getting a new one through.

Have Mothers Group tomorrow. I'm really enjoying it and all the girls are so nice! It's been good to make some new friends.

I've started thinking about Oliver's first birthday party. Our babies will be 1 in a few months girls!!! I need to get the invites out a month beforehand as there will be quite a few people coming from interstate and I'm thinking of having it catered for. Well, some of it anyway. I want to have a lamb on a spit as we will have a lot of people, mostly adults. And I am having a dilema over DF's family, remember the incident at christmas?? Well I have had no contact with them since and would love to keep it that way but I feel that I should do the right thing and invite them of course, for DF's sake and I suppose Olivers. Have no idea if they will come or not but at least I know I have put the offer out there and that's all I can do. Geez ramble ramble!!!!

Anyhow, that's enough of that!

Raels and Oliver. xo
    Last edited by razzle; April 3rd, 2008 at 09:57 AM.

Megan76 Guest

Hi everyone!

Well things are going better with Lucas and his milk! It is still a bit of a battle and i have to keep swapping toys to keep him entertained but he is drinking more. Probably still not quite enough but i am putting it in his cereal and some other food so he will be fine!

Saw the MHN on tuesday and my big boy is 9.8kg..nearly cracked the 10kg mark!! He is 76cm long which is in the 95th percentile, not sure where he gets that from!!

Jess - Hope you start feeling better soon. There is nothing quite like the trials and tribulations of being a mum and i hope you get all the support you need.

Em - Hows Tom going with bottles? When i spoke to my MHN she said mums always put a bit too much emphasis on milk and we dont need to worry so much. If we attempt to get about 600ml into them BUT that can include whats in their cereal and any other dairy they might have. Lucas would probably only be having about 500ml if that in his actual bottles a day. She didn't seem concerned and said not to battle with him if he is eating fine.

Raels - The spit sounds like a great idea! My dilemma is who to invite...its going to end up like our wedding!

Sacha - Lucas is on NAN...he has gone off his bottles alot so will only have between 120-200ml in each at the moment and he only has three. And by the way 9 months is a great achievement!

Not sure if i welcomed Emma and Sarah...hi girls!!

Nicky - sounds like you're having more luck with sippy cups than me! Lucas likes to tip his upside down and suck the bottom...interesting!

Well the boy has been in bed for an hour and 40 min...quite an achievement i must say! My poor mother in law was on the Spirit of Tassie last night in the wild weather! I'm sure i can expect a visit today so she can get her "Lucas fix" and tell me all about her crazy night!!

Well! It's all coming back to me now, having a teething baby that is! Oliver slept from 7.30 - 10.30 last night and that was pretty much it!!! It was our worst night we have had with him so far. Poor little man was so feverish and the panadol I gave him took ages to work. The tooth hasn't cut the gum yet so I'm sure we will be in for the same thing tonight. I feel so sorry for him. He is still drinking and eating well though and has been sleeping well in his swing for a while now. Hope it lasts so I can get a bit of a rest!

Megan - wow what a big boy you have! I'm not too sure how much Oliver weighs at the moment but I measured him the other day and he is only 68cm long. Both of us are only short though! So would Lucas be going in to a size 1? And yeah, these 1st birthday parties could turn into a big event!

Hope everyone has a lovely day. I'm not going to Mothers Group, think it's best to keep my olimoo at home.

Raels and Oliver. xo

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast