Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #19

Hi,

Just a quick post now will be back later for proper personals

Mel, what car are u getting?

Hey Jas, a Toyota Kluger, Black one. Can't wait!! Have you seen the new Sunset design number plates? They are the ones I'm getting. Very nice, purple, pink, orange and black design. I feel like a kid in a lolli shop waiting.

Mel, oh cool how exciting! No haven't seen them but they sound nice!

How are you finding the doula course? I am going to start the optimum birth course this week and I'm really looking forward to it. I am just in love with conception, pregnancy, birth, babies and beyond just find the whole thing amazing and I am really excited about helping women through their journey's. It doesn't even seem like a job does it?! I think I already have a couple of births organised which is very exciting!

Oh yey Jas, another to share the Doula world with. You will love it, and make a great Doula. Oh that's great news, I didn't even know you were interested. I'm currently in talk with another qualified Doula about being back up Doulas for each other, maybe we could make it a trio!!! Anyway, congrats and I can't wait to share things with you. We definately have to meet up now

Yey I have been thinking about it for a little while now and it has been in the back of my head since I got preg and I have decided to bite the bullet! Thanks, I think you will be a great doula too actually! That sounds great! Yea we will definitely have to me up we're not too far away from each other especially with your parents at vic pt!

Megan76 Guest

Oh i am over bottles and milk..........

What's up Megan?

Megan76 Guest

Jas - It was a battle zone at lunch time trying to get Lucas to have his bottle and last night before bed he only had 60mls....cant wait till 12 months when i dont have to stress about it!! I really shouldnt worry cos he has been pretty good this week but it is tough!!

Oh Hun! I know how you feel Noah did that the other weekend hardly dranl anything Lucas will still grow up big and strong and one day you'll probably have to yell at him to stop drinking milk out of bottle!(I mean a big bottle out of the fridge)

Don't stress I have had older ppl tell me how their babies didn't like milk so they just drank juice from newborn and they actually did turn out alright - not suggesting it just saying try to take a step back it will all be ok!

Yeah Megan, there is so many reasons why he might be fussy today. Teeth, growth spurt, sore throat, or just being fussy. I'm sure he will be back to his normal self in no time.

Jas, is right, try not to worry about it so much, I know it's hard, actually very hard. But he will drink when he is ready. And just remember no baby has starved when they have had food or milk offered to them.

I think you have deserved a drink tonight, and or maybe a nice soak in the bath to unwind and relax. Ah, that sounds nice, I should probably take my own advice.

Jas, I'm studying with Optimum birth. On my third module. Should probably be finished by now, but sometimes I struggle to find the time or energy to focus on the studies. Slowly but surely I will finish. When are the ladies due you have lined up? Oh and I forgot to say, my sister used to live in Mt Cotton. Maybe we could meet for Coffee and Vic Pt shopping centre one day. GJ is my fav. ummm

Hope everyone is well.

Megan76 Guest

Thanks Jas. & Mel..i know he will be fine i just dont know how much to push it with him when he is just not interested. He can be so happy playing then i try and battle with him to have a bottle and upset him which seems such a waste. The MHN said not to battle with him but i think he still needs a certain amount a day, even though they are getting big they're still babies really! He is still having some so i will try not to worry! The bath and drink sounds like a plan!! Hope you both have a good Sunday! Not quite sure what daylight savings is going to bring for us!

Hey Jas, I just tried sending you another PM and your full, so I can't. I need to ask you something ASAP. Is Kerri that ladies name? I just got an email back from a lady who I emailed a few days ago, but I don't want to butt in if it is her, I will email her back and tell her I'm now unavailable.

morning! I just love the end of daylight savings, because you get an extra hour of sleep. Or not, if you have a baby who doesn't appreciate the wonders of an extra hour. Still, can't complain, he's playing away cheerfully on his mat.

Mel - as my 3yo nephew would say - wow cool for getting a new car, I remember when I got mine a couple of years ago, it's so exciting. You'll have a car with new car smell - yum!

Jas - that's great that you're going to be a Doula too, it must be exciting to be starting out on a new career, especially one that you know will make such a positive difference to your clients.

Megan - isn't it hard work when they're fussy. I also have problems in a way with the amount of food I prepare that then gets thrown out (it feels like such a waste), but I was reading one of the books which said that as parents we control when & what they eat, but that babies always are the ones to decide if and how much. So I'm trying to remember that and chill out a bit more with it. Liam has been particularly disinterested in the last week or so, but then as it turns out he has had a cold (which I now have, and I certainly don't feel like food that much) and he's doing stuff with his teeth a bit. Who knows. I think that maybe as long as you're offering him regular bottles & food, and sticking to the same kind of routine that he will come good. And as the girls have said, in a few years time we'll have eating machines, especially as we have boys!

I have to say though that since his bout of gastro, he has become Mr Chucky McSpew. From being a baby that really didn't throw up that much, he now spews everywhere, and always about 2 minutes after I've put on his good clothes for going out. Already this morning I've cleaned up about 3 little possets, and we've only been up for an hour. Oops, make that 4.

And I've solved a little mystery. A few weeks ago, I noticed a small red spot, with peeling skin on the ball of Liams foot, near the outside. Just put it down to maybe an insect bite, although not sure how he would have got himself an insect bite as I'm pretty careful (and mind you, I was a bit paranoid especially after Jess's adventure with Ethan). Anyway, it didn't seem to bother him at all, but neither did it go away. But how silly am I, I've just been watching him crawl along, and it's a BLISTER, because he plants his foot then uses it to propel himself along.

Better go, feeding time at the zoo is required...speaking of which, what are people giving their bubs for breakfast these days? We're on stewed apple & Rafferty's wholegrain rice cereal, but starting to think that maybe he would like some variation?

Megan76 Guest

Jan - Lucas is having weetbix, farex baby muesli or any of the Rafferty's stuff for breakfast and toast (not that much actually goes in!) for breakfast. I am giving him anything i can put formula in to boost his mls up a bit for the day!! I hope the families cold get better soon!!

Well lucas has 150mls of his bottle last night and the whole 240mls this morning so hopefully he is on the rise again....changes all the time so i wont hold my breath but thats it, no more stressing (till next time!!)

Unfortunately Lucas didn't get the concept of daylight savings! We managed to put him to bed later last night but he still woke at the same time which is the new 6.30am. Mummy doesnt like anything before 7am so i hope he sorts it out this week!!

Hi Ladys
    Well Bayleigh has had a crap few nights... Im soooooooooooooooooo over gettin up every hour thank god we have MCHN appointment on tuesday for his 8 month check and we're goin to discuss sleep school... i have had 2 nights in over 8 months where i havent had to get up more then once through the night..... DP isnt any help he says he doesnt wake to him crying but i know he does and he P*$$es me off that he doesnt try to help.. i know he has to get up to go to work through the week but he can see that im falling into a heap but yet he still chooses not to help me he isnt even any help when he cusm home from work while im trying to get 2 kids feed cook us our dinner bath the 2 kids put the kids to bed sit down to eat my cold tea then do the dishes hang the washing out that i forgot to hang out in the afternoon GRRRRRRRRRRR he just sits on his laptop looking at EBAY

Sorry ladys i didnt cum on here to vent but it turned out to be that way sorry
    Anyway
    Bayleigh had his first try of weetbix today and he loved it so that will be breakfast from now on he has only been havin farex mixed with pureed apple...(i was tryin to use it all before tryin him on other things)

OHHHHHH and he stood alone last night for almost a min he has stood alone a few times but only for a couple of seconds n lastngiht he did it and he was gettin excited with himself as DD was goin good boy and clapping at him im so surprised he didnt fall down and then tonight DP came home from droppign DstepS back to his mother Bayleigh was standing next to the couch n DP kneeled about 2 foot away from him and bayleigh turned around n went to take a step but fell flat on his face

Well once again sorry for the vent hope you all and your bubs had a fantastic weekend
    im gunna go and watch greys in bed and then try and go to sleep before the waking begins again

nite nite all

Sarah

Evening All

I have been lurking lately but trying to keep up with everyone.

Raels - How is Oli? It's not nice when they're sick is it? Touch wood, Autie hasn't been sick since her first week even though her cousin, who is 15m, is constantly ill with something - at the moment it's croup. I'm really hoping she doesn't get it. How did the pain relief go? If you're having trouble, I'm a Brauer's fan and they make a pain and fever relief one too. I've only tried the teething relief and it tastes like weak cordial so I'm assuming the fever one isn't bad either. Thanks for the hug BTW

Nicky - Yey on the standing! I hope you get your wish but I suspect once he gets a taste for it there'll be no stopping him.

Mel - You must be excited about your new car and plates. And a nice family car it is too. Don't be hard on yourself about your studies, it's awesome enough that you're doing it at all. I couldn't imagine doing assignments with just one, let alone two.

Megan - Try not to worry - easier said than done I know. Babies listen to themselves much better than we do and he will know what he needs instinctively IMO.

Em - Great to hear your job is starting off well for you. It would drive me crazy working in a bookstore and seeing everything I want to read every day! My goal is to have a house with a full-on old fashioned library with books to the ceiling...mmmm, cue dreamy smile. What kind of child care is Tom having that he's the only baby? Is it family day care?

Jan - Isn't it amazing the way babies are so determined that they will ignore a pain to do what they want? I know I'd give up on something real fast if it was giving me a blister - I hate being uncomfortable LOL Tough little Liam. Breakfast for us is usually a half or whole avocado (depending on appetite) with maybe some prunes or banana or a small amount of organic cornflakes. She's on a restricted diet ATM and is not really supposed to have any grains but she loves them so much that I paid $6 for a small packet without any additives or sugar. Previously, she would have any of the Rafferty's plus toast and vegemite.

Jas - Good luck with your new studies. Hope you really enjoy it all.

Autie has had two (hopefully 3 now) nights with a four hour stretch at the start before doing the two hourly thing. I think the teeth had a lot to do with it plus I have decided to stop stressing so much and go with the flow so yesterday we packed up our bed frame, baby-proofed our room and allowed her to co-sleep for the second half of the night. I think that emotionally, it's really helped her. Not only is she sleeping better at night (and hopefully will continue to improve) but she's also doubled her daytime naps lengthwise (in her cot) and her eczema is improving. Yey.
    I have found I can bear the chewing-on-the-nipple pain better when I lie down to feed so I haven't given up BF just yet though we are still offering formula a couple of times a day.

Gotta run, that's all from me for now. Ciao.

Sacha - I have been thinking about you. I wanted to let you know that I have started on fenugreek and it is awesome! If you are still worried about your supply then I would definitely give it a go. With Oliver being sick this past week, and his feeding being all over the place, and me hardly having any sleep I felt my supply drop. I only started taking the tabs yesterday morning - one, 1000mg tab, 3 times a day - and the improvement in my supply is unbelievable. Not only has it boosted the milk, my letdown is coming way faster - something a teething, frustrated, cranky baby needs! And thanks, Oli is getting better. His sleeping improved last night, although he spent most of it in our bed, but we all needed the sleep so it was the way to go. And no more temps! I ended up going with the nurofen and it worked really well. Hope it all goes well with Autie, you are doing a wonderful job with her! And HAPPY 9 MONTHS!!!!

Smile

Hi everyone, Hope you all had a good weekend. It's cold and looks like the rain has set in here for the day which makes me feel like doing a whole lotta nothing! I have a uni assignment due today which needs more work though. We had the triathlon here yesterday and the tv chopper was hovering directly over the house most of the day, made it hard to concentrate (excuses, excuses!).

Sacha and Mel thats great news about BF. Fenugreek tea is yum and very effective too. 1 tsp seeds per cup of boiling water makes a very nice fragrant tea. Also sacha it makes sense to have Autie co-sleeping with you, it would certainly help heal her eczema if she could get the extra rest.

As for food here these days, I am being eaten out of house and home which I know is the opposite of some bubs at the moment. Lucas has a huge appitite and is eating double the food he was this time last month. As for milk, he has 250ml on waking and before bed, and usually 2x 150ml bottles, before morning nap and before afternoon nap. As you can imagine he is also growing ALOT. I'm not pureeing anything anymore, but I'm still cooking up everything in bulk and freezing in ice cube trays.

Opps, I can hear someone looking for his breakfast now!

Will try and BBL!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast