Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #19

Hey!

Quiet in here today... everyone must be out and about, not like us!!

Jason and I had a talk this afternoon about work and where life is taking us. I have applied for a full time job, so we will see what happens there. Jason was also saying that if things still arent looking good for us in 6 months time, then we may move to Ireland. It would be a HUGE move but Jason has family over there, I think they might even be one of the richest people in Ireland and he could get some work with them and they should look after us. It has its pros and cons. Major con for me is I would be leaving my family, that is a major concern for me but if it needs to be done, it will be done. A pro would be visiting all the european towns and we would double our money when we come back to Australia. So yeh... jsut got to keep an open mind about it I guess!!

I'm freshly making Avaleigh's dinner tonight.. I hope she likes it! SHe isnt a fan of homemade stuff these days

Hi Everyone,

I have just got back from the hospital! A friend of mine had her baby today! His name is Matthew she had a planned c/s this morning due to some complications - she only found out yesterday arvo that they would do a c/s. Unfortunately because of the particular issues she had she also had to go under a general so her husband wasn't allowed to be there at the time. Ver y exciting though a little friend for Noah!

V, Wow that would be HUGE! Good luck with the job! Hey and maybe Ava would even get an irish accent...that would be cute!

Jas, congratulations on your decision to become a doula. Hope you really enjoy the studies and work.

Sarah, finger food fun is exciting isn't it? A whole new world for Bayleigh to enjoy!

V, that's big news for you and your family. It would be hard to leave everyone you know and love but what an adventure for you all! I would love to visit Ireland someday, don't mind a Guinness...

Haven't heard from Jess Em. I hope she is doing ok too. It's great that you and Tom are happy with your new arrangements. It's really unusual for a baby room to not be full of babies - is it a mixed age group?

Megan, I'm picturing the head turning and it makes me smile.. How cute are these little things they do? Autie does an excellent bum dance whenever we have have music on - she stands up against something especially so she can do it. Hope he is feeling better and having lots of fun with the relies.

Well, I finally got Autie to accept the breast with a nipple shield on so we are not comp feeding atm. It's still painful but at least bearable. She is very proud that she can walk behing her push thingie and has started to babble a bit more which I'm happy with. I have just gotten her out of bed where she had found my clean washing at the bedside table and pulled a selection in to the cot to play with.
    Better go have some play time.
    Have a great weekend everyone.

Sacha - gorgeous pic of Autumn on your ticker! She is going to be a stunner! Love the bum dancing! It's not a mixed room - babies only and normally quite full, just not on Wednesday's for some reason! On a Wednesday, apparently they may send one of two of the younger kids from the next room in if they are busy.

Very quite day today. I went shopping and came home with a Fisher Price outdoor swing and a Elmo bean bag for Tom - both of which he loves already - a couple of tops from Jeans West for me, including a gorgeous cream woolen hooded cardie for me. Bring on the cold weather for one day at least so I can wear it!
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend girls!

Megan76 Guest

Em - i think i might have bought the same hoodie today..how funny!!

Sacha - the head turning is so adorable, but he is a bit obsessed with it at the moment...does it to everyone he meets! The bum dance sounds very cute, and i am glad the feeding is a bit less painful!!

V - big decisions for you guys to make...could be very exciting though and as sacha said quite an adventure! I say go for it!

I am very excited! At the home show we filled in this questionnaire at a photographers stand and today they rang me to say we have got a free $400 sitting and i LOVE thier photos, i fell in love with them when i saw them at the home show! They are very natural and contemporary i guess. Can't wait! Have a great weekend everyone!!
    Last edited by Megan76; April 12th, 2008 at 08:08 PM.

Hi all,

long time no post.

I have only skimed over some bits and pieces

V, We are still BF, I hope to continue to around the 12 month mark. But It is quite a juggle expressing at work.
    Solids, we are on a combination of different foods, and trying lots fast. I've basically gone no holds bared except for the known allergens, as we don't have any food allergies.
    He loves Rockmelon, it's not too soft, not too firm, nice and cold on the gums, and has flavor.
    He hasn't been sleeping through the night, but it has been getting better. Yet we do use a lot of infants friend. which as well as helping with wind, I believe is supposed to help with teething.

Nicki, you said you had to express every 5 hours. Xavier only feeds about every 5 hours now, so maybe Lach is just cutting back.

Brief update on where we are.
    Sleep this week has been etter, we are finally getting more than 2 hours at any one time. Xave is eating lots, but being a little fussy about it.
    MCHN said we could use real milk on foods like cereal. So we have switched to that on weetbix and we've tried oats this morning. he hates farex.
    I've asked creche to introoduce some sancks so he's getting arvo tea now, which I think is helping his sleep. He is always tired when he gets home, so I don't think he was eating enough, and the poor sleep was from being in a perpetual cycle of no sleep means fussy eating, and being hungry meant no sleep.

Well best be off,

Morning Everyone!!

Yes, moving the Ireland would be a huge move and definitely an adventure. It is something to think about doing in the future, especially since Jason thinks about it every couple of days!! The last I heard of it was nearly 6 months ago so I didnt know how serious he could be. I think its mainly so he can have a career change, he's been roof tiling for 10 yrs and doesnt have any other experience. So it his family could give him a chance, it would be good for him. Not sure how i'll go but we will pass that bridge when and if it comes!

Em - yay for the shopping! I havent been out shopping in ages. I cant wait to be earning some money so I can get some 'toys' for myself too!! My clothes are so old and hanging off me these days..

Megan - YAY for the photo shoot!! Thats a great prize to win. I want professional photos done but they are so expensive!

Rebecca - Hey! Yeh it would be a juggle expressing at work. Its hard for me to get my head around, but I guess I will start worrying about that if I get a job. I just wouldnt know how much to express cause of not using bottles during the day! Good luck on the sleep. How does xavier like the real milk on his cereal? I've been trhinking about trying it with Avaleigh but havent given it a go yet..

Well, we have slept through 2 nights in a row!! The night before it was 12 hrs and last night it was 9 hrs. Plllllleeeeeeeease make it a third night!! I think Avaleigh's second tooth might have broken through, so that could mean things will be back to normal. We will see tonight!! GOt a MCHN appt tomorrow, will be good to know how tall and heavy Avaleigh is, havent had her measurements done since she was 6 or 7 months!

I've applied for 4 jobs this weekend.. We will see if I get any responses during the week. I cant believe I am doing this, my last interview was 4 years ago!!

Anyway, enough blab from me. Going to make a coffee and sit down and watch Ice Age 2 with Avaleigh. Enjoy your day everyone!!

OMG I just found out, a lady at my work fell from an Aircraft this morning and died. It's so sad, she was a lovely old lady. Only 2 years away from retirement. DH and I are so shocked, he is just about to leave for work at the airport and isn't looking forward to it, but I really want to know what happened. Something like that just should not happen, they have so many saftey precautions in place. It's unbeliveable and just terrible.

Sorry BBL.
    Last edited by Meluchja; April 13th, 2008 at 05:34 PM.

Mel - that is shocking! DH and I just saw this on the news. The poor lady and her family.

Morning girls

Mel -that is awful i heard something on the radio about that but didnt get all the story
    V- Wow that would be a huge move but also very very exciting for all of you but i Know wat u mean bout leaving your familys.

News here Bayleigh is goin great guns on the finger food he LOVES Vegemite sangas not to fussed on toast.... loves steamed carrot sticks
    Brought some of the Heinz baby pasta on friday and add that to his meat and vegies and he loves that also
    As for his sleeping he still waking up 3-4 times a night hasnt been every hour for about a week now but hes still waking we have a local lady coming to visit today she was at the sleep school that we once had here so she's goin to come and have a talk and see wat she can suggest and we'll try wat she suggest till we go to tweddles not surew when that will be they are calling me on wednesday for a on the phone consultation so atleast the ball is rolling

Bayleigh is also standing alone HEAPS more i think 2 mins is the longest he has stood alone for now Friends of ours have a 10 month old n he started walking last week and bayleigh has seemed to be following him bryce sat 2 weeks later bayleigh sat, Bryce crawled 2 weeks later bayleigh crawled so maybe Bayleigh will walk soon too, hope not i would like a non walking baby for a lil while longer he gets into to much stuff now that he is crawling hate to see wat he does when hes walking LOL

well still no teeth

Well better go and do a clean before penny gets here
    Have agreat day
    BBL
    SARAH

Hi everyone,

Finally, we have a functioning bathroom, so we?re back home and I have a computer back. Yay!

V ? Good luck with all the job applications, hopefully they all come through for you, so that you can pick the one that suits you the most.

Mel ? that is so sad about the lady at your work.

Sarah ? clever Bayleigh, all those new skills he?s picking up. I hope the sleep lady was good today, I?d love to hear what she thought, and to see if it makes a difference for you all. I hope it does, 9 months is a long time to go without a full nights sleep.

Bec ? great to hear from you. The whole sleeping/not eating thing is such a vicious circle. It?s good that the daycare people are able to help out with increasing Xavier?s food. And isn?t it good when they can start eating normal breakfasts like weetbix.

Well, not that much exciting stuff for us really. Liam has discovered that he can grind his 2 teeth together, and I?ve got to say that it?s one of the most hideous sounds I?ve ever heard. Usually he only does it as a way of saying that he?s had enough food, but sometimes I think he does it for fun. I think (hope) that he?s about to get a couple more teeth to match, as he?s been quite grumpy, dribbly, and off his food again, which is what happened with the first two. He?s also waking up every few hours, so I?m exhausted. But he?s learnt to clap, and if he could get a better grip on our floor boards I reckon he?d be close to proper crawling most of the time. It?s just a bit too cold to leave him with bare legs, so he keeps slipping and just ends up doing his commando-ing. It?s so much fun watching him learn new things.

good morning everyone. i am trying to fit in a quick breakfast before Avaleigh gets up. I am going to have my nephew over soon, i am looking after him a couple of times over the school holidays. I feel like the biggest b!tch this moring! My sister and I joined a new gym last week and I told her to get to the gym at 5.45 this morning so we can have a workout before she gets to work. SO I set my alarm and went to bed, woke up a 2am with Avaleigh and thought, cool I have another 3 hrs of sleep. I then wake up 6.30 to the birds singing outside!!! AHHH!!! I blew it.. haha but I have just spoken to her and she is not angry, thank gosh!

Jan - oh what a great thing that Liam discovered!! NOT.. Grinding teeth would not be a very nice thing. You should get Liam some knee pads so he can get some grip on those floor board!

Sarah - I hope you get some answers on the sleeping. The lack of sleep is horrible..

Mel - oh no about the lady from you work. Not very good at all....

Well we never made it to 3 nights in a row of sleeping through Not too happy about that and feel a little tired today. Hopefully my nephew wont be too much of a handful. I dont know what I did different the other two nights... We went for Avaleigh's 8 mths check up yesterday and she is doing great! MCHN says she is very advanced for her age as she got 100% in this questannaire we had to fill out. She is 72cm and only 8.8kg. I thought she would be heavier. Its a surprise seeing they dont gain much weight these days compared to the first few months!

And the walking is definitely coming along here!! She has been standing up and has managed to make one step before falling backwards and the other day she took 3 steps and then lost balance!! But on this time I held her up, balanced her and then let go and she took the 3 steps. I am sure once she gets the balance sussed, she will be off!! Not sure whether to be excited or not LOL

Think I better go, I might be pushing my luck on here.. Hmm yes! Avaleigh is awake now. BYE!

Just a quick post cause im busy with uni atm, but im so excited........
    Tayah is taking steps, so far only 3 in a row. She started on Sunday with one and has worked her way up. Proud mummy here
    BBL for personals

Emma - that's so cool. Well done Tayah!

Emma- Yay for tayah that is so cool
    V- Bayleigh only weighs 7.8 i thought he weighed a lil bit heavier then that coz he sure feels heavier when you carry him around......

Well the sleep lady said everything i have already been doing is right so only thing she could suggest is to let him cry... only because he has got himself into a habit that we have to get him out of so last night the first time he woke he cried for an hour i couldnt help myself but i went in every 15 mins just to reseattle him n then the other 2 times he woke he cried for 10 mins before going back to sleep so i guess that is kind of working i guess we will see tonight
    Penny said it should break his habit within 3 nights at the most so fingers crossed
    Bayleigh said a new word today i was drinking my drink and he wanted to have a drink out of the straw and becoz i wouldnt let him (as it was coke) he screamed at me and said ME

I have to say something as im very excited!!!!!!!!!!! DP brought me a DSLR camera on sunday sooooo very excited we pick it up tomorrow so cant wait to get it home to start playing with it ... I have always wanted one and as DP brought a turbo to go on his car he brought me my camera WAAHOOOO for me LOL

Well im gunna go and head to bed and watch sum telly fingers crossed bayleigh sleeps ok

have a good night ladys

Sarah
    Last edited by XRMummy; April 15th, 2008 at 09:26 PM. Reason: added some more words

Sarah, I understand the joys (not) of a baby who won't sleep well and everyone must do what they feel is best, but if you haven't done much research on the controlled crying, I urge you to read up on it for Bayleigh's sake. There are threads on the this site that discuss it and a lot of new research which shows it may not be the best course of action for babies' developing brains. Up to you of course but it never hurts to be informed IMO.

Megan76 Guest

Hi all! Very quiet in here! We have been busy too. Visitors all weekend so it was pretty hectic, lucas was great with all the people around though. Still have major milk dramas but i wont bore you with that again! But he took his first real crawling movements today so that was pretty exciting! It seems we are a bit slow off the mark considering some are taking first steps!! Never mind we'll get there! Hope everyone is going well! XX

hmmm its been quiet in here for the last day or two
    Well tuesday night bayleigh only woke once and cried for not even 2 mins and fell back to sleep but last night he woke at 930pm and another 3 or 4 times through the night i sooo wasnt in the mood last night im coming down with the flu and feel like crap... The lady from tweddles rang yesterday and said that they wont be booking us in atm as he seemed to be goin ok with wat im doing at home but if i find that we are still having problems in 3 weeks time to call them back and they'll discuss booking us in ARGH its sooo frastrating

Well im going to go and lay on the couch and not move all day bayleigh is in bed for his AM snooze as hes been up since 630 so im gunna just relax and try and get better

Have a good day ladys

sarah

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast