Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #19

Megan76 Guest

That's great Sarah!! I hope it continues!!

Well Lucas now has a nasty cold! Yesterday he woke up beside himself after 20 min of an afternoon nap and started coughing/choking/dry reaching...he did finally get stuff up but it was just saliva really. It was so scary! He was up for about an hour in the night screaming too. Poor little poppet! Taking him to the doc today just to make sure his ears/throat/chest are ok.

My SIL and her husband are flying in from Tassie tomorrow night....everytime they see Lucas he is sick and grumpy, i am so upset about it! Hopefully he will be a bit better by the time they arrive, i want them to spend time with cheeky, happy little boy!

Well must get ready to go to the doctors!

Hi Ladies

Finally got some time between uni assignments and been a mum to get on here.

Jas- Thanks for letting me know about Tayahs webpage, managed to fix it, just need to update now. And thanks about Tayahs name, we love it too I was looking at Noahs webpage too, he's a real cutie.

Jan- Tayah has baby porridge and/or mashed fruit for breakfast, thinking about starting her on some toast just for some variation.

Raels- Glad to hear Oliver is feeling better and you are all managing to get some sleep.

Sarah- Woohoo on Bayleigh standing on his own and sleeping the night through. As for the sterilising, we are still sterilising bottles and dummies, I thought it had to be done until 12mths but could be wrong. Just do what you feel is best.

Mel- Not long til you get your new car, you must be very excited. And yay on the tooth

Veronica- I hope Avaleigh settles for you soon. I hear you on the tight money situation, I cant wait til I finish uni and can earn some money (although im not looking forward to leaving her while I work). As for what Tayah has for lunch/dinner, I give her both fruit and veges for lunch and dinner, so whatever fruit and veg she has for lunch I give her diff fruit and veg for dinner. Thinking of starting her on some meat this week too. I havnt given Tayah any toast yet but when I do il prob put some avocado or something on it so its not dry.

Megan- hopefully the half bottle before bath and half after worked for you. Just read your last post, poor little man, hope he feels better soon.

Jem- good to hear your enjoying being back at work.

Sacha-how cute that Autie has started pointing at things, when we ask Tayah something she crawls to it, her favourite is "where's the puppies?" and she clawls to the back doors and talks to the dogs through the glass doors.

Well as for us, I entered Tayah in a Pumpkin Patch 'how cute is your baby' competition on the weekend that was in the newspaper, and yesterday on my way to uni my phone rang and it was a lady from the comp telling me Tayah had won a $100 voucher for Pumpkin Patch. I was so excited, iv never won anything before other then like a meat tray, Tayah must be good luck

Anyway hope you are all having a great day

Hi,

Just a quick post to let you know that I have signed up to start a doula course today so I am now officially a Student Doula!!!!

Yey Jas

Your going to make a great Doula!! Have you met up with K yet? I didn't email her back, I realised she was due to close to Charlize's birthday.

You must be so excited.

Thanks Mel! I have been chatting to her over msn but she hasn't confirmed with me yet so I'm not too sure what is happening there? I will chat to her tonight and see if she comes on tonight otherwise will email her. I am very excited just waiting for my email back so I can download the modules and start!

Updated exciting news!!!!! I have a birth. The lady is due 1st June!!! I am so excited!! Wow what a great 1st day as a Student Doula!!!
    Last edited by Jas; April 9th, 2008 at 08:26 PM.

Jas- That is awesome news for your first day......... just think what will happen in the future if this has happened on your first day

Emma- Big congrates to Tayah and you on winning the $100 voucher Shopping spree here you come LOL

Megan- Dont you hate it when family come to visit the kids are always sick.... 12 months ago Every time we had my DstepS he was always sick whether it be an ear infection or gastro or a cold he was ALWAYS sick and it sucked as we couldnt take him anywhere as the poor thing had no energy to do anything
    How did lucas go at the doctors? hope its nothing to serious

Well today Bayleigh has been letting go of the furniture and standing alone heaps more often its amazing that once they do something they just keep going with it..... Bayleigh has had his first lot of fingerfood today for lunch he had a vegemite sandwich which he loved and didnt choke on one bit of it YIPPEE and after his normal meat and vegies we sat down for a roast chook dinner so i ripped up some of the chicken breast and put it in his bowl and he ate most of that too with out choking YIPPEE LOL sorry im just excited as everyother time ihave given him something chunky he has choked on it but today he didnt YAY so now i know he wont choke (FINGERS CROSSED) i can keep up with finger foods
    Still NO teeth here Is there any other bubs out there that DONT have any????????

well im gunna go and have a bath have a good night girls

Sarah

Yey Jas, that's great news.

Jas- Congrats on the Doula course and your first birth

Sarah-We still have no teeth too. I didnt get my first tooth til I was 13mths old, so im not really expecting any soon.

Hey Everyone!

Avaleigh has just gone done for her morning nap. I didnt even need to help! A little bit of a cry in bed and then she passed out. We have one tooth that is nearly all out but the other one is still sitting under her gum and probably causing lots of pain. I am going to buy the brauers teething stuff tonight when we go food shopping.

I think I have come to the conclusion that I will be going back to work, part time. So I am looking for what is out there, and nothing is really jumping out at me!! Very tough decision because I dont want to leave Avaleigh and Jason doesnt want me to eaither, but its just too stressful with money at the moment and there are so many things I want to buy.... So, those mum's that have already gone back to work - any tips and advice for me?!?!

Jas - yay on the doula course and your first birth!

Megan76 Guest

I am going to sound like such a nuffy but is a doula a midwife??

Hey Megan, don't feel like a nuffy (he he great terminology) I didn't know what a Doula was until a lady who was in our Due group started studying to become one.

A doula is a birth support person. Has no clinical duties, we work along with a private midwife, hospital widwife or OB, or neither if someone has an unassisted homebirth. But definately no clinical duties. We offer information to ladies and their partners before labour, to help assist them make there on decisions about birth. Usually information that isn't normally told to you from hospital staff. We then are present for the birth (if you choose), to offer encouragement, support and suggestions on pain managment. And then a post natal visit, to offer support and reassurance and guideness with BF, diapering, cord care, sleeping etc. Even some house hold duties to help out. If you look up Doula in the dictionary it says 'slave' but I guess more a modern day slave, .

I'm loving it so far. It's very rewarding knowing you are helping someone achieve the birth they are after. It's amazing how much I have learnt about how our bodies, especially the brain works during labour. I can't wait until my first birth.
    Last edited by Meluchja; April 10th, 2008 at 02:26 PM.

Hi girls! I always leave this too late to post when Tom is down for his nap and is just about to wake up! I always just have so much other stuff to do! Hope you are all well. Everything is going well here - loving my new job. My SIL had T yesterday and he had a great time. I think next wk he will have to go to daycare, so will see how that goes. Sacha, I think you asked a while ago what kind of care he will be going to - daycare at an ABC centre. By some freaky conicidence there is only usually one other baby in his room on the day he is booked in. He can keep her company I guess!

I have been reading through the posts but bit hard to keep up at the moment - or at least do many personals anyway!

V - are you going to go back to your old job or look for something new? I wasn't overly keen on going back to work in that I didn't want to leave Tom , but on the other hand I really wanted to get out of the house and have some 'me' time that included a lunch break! And extra money is great - I am going to use it for stuff that Tom needs and family trips out, so that DH's money can go towards the house and bills etc. I got up at 6am yesterday which DH thought was ridiculously early but I wanted to get myself organised and ready to go before T woke up. I was so tired yesterday - I don't know how Becc does it everyday! She is a superwoman.

Well done Jas! You and Mel can fill us in on all the exciting stuff you will be doing.

Opps, he is starting to stir. Better go have some mummy/son time seeing as I wasn't with him yesterday. My SIL said he was great all day, very happy - although he had a little meltdown last night. I think he was tired because he didn't sleep a lot during the day or drink much.
    Are all the bottle feeding girls still doing 4 bottles a day? I know this question was asked a while ago but I haven't got time to go back over our threads to find it. We are having a bit of a struggle with T's bottles still and I am wondering if it would be better to go down to 3 larger bottles.. Just not sure of what times to give them. I have always just done it when he wakes up, then 11, 3 and 6.30pm. Any suggestions?

Has anyone heard from Jess at all? I have been thinking of her..

Megan76 Guest

Thanks Mel...sounds great! Is there much of a demand for them?

Em - Lucas has 3 bottles, but you know i still have dramas with even three! He has one when he wakes up in morning, one about 12pm and one before bed around 6.30pm. Pretty much just breakfast, lunch and tea! Glad you are enjoying your job!

Lucas is still pretty stuffed up and snotty! He has been generally happy and there were no wake ups last night so i am sure he will be fine! He has this fascination at the moment of turning his head on its side to look at you! He's doing it to me now its hilarious his head is nearly hitting the floor! Crazy kid!!
    Last edited by Megan76; April 10th, 2008 at 04:17 PM.

Em - When did you return back to work and are you working full time or part time?? I am looking for a new job, as my old job is a load of crap and I get paid too little. So, I am looking and dont know what to look for!! All I know is administration, but I dont want to sit on a front desk and answer phones all day. I am thinking of personal assistant work, but dont have the experience and dont know if I want to do other people's crap all day! But really, that is what I DID do at my last job... So yeh, just looking and keeping my eye open for something that stands out to me!!

I would like to hear how Bec is handling working full time and being a mum!! What do you do with the breastfeeding - do you just express at work at the time you would normally feed?

V - I only started my job last week. It is only one day at week and every 2nd Sat at the moment, so it is a really good gradual easing back into the workforce! I will be doing more days leading up to busier times like Christmas and when other staff are on holidays etc. I am working in a bookshop and loving it so far, although I keep picking out books to buy for Tom! PA work sounds great - you do have experience - you are currently Avaleigh's PA .

Thanks Megan for your advice. I think I will try only 3 tomorrow. Tempting to do none at all - he messes around so much!! He has learnt to hold the teat in his mouth so no milk comes out. I think "oh he is drinking well", then realise its not going down! I think he has been texting Lucas on how to annoy and frustrate mummy at milk time!

I am currently creating a new resume... its kinda exciting and scarey at the same time!!

Morning!!

Its nearly 9am here and Avaleigh has just woken up for the day! Well what a sleep in! We did get up at 2am for a feed but she has never slept in this long. I better go see the little munckin - she'll be full of smiles!

Megan76 Guest

V- what a massive sleep in...i'm very jealous! Good luck with the resume!

Em - i agree....they are both out to get us! I can't wait till 12 months when its not as important..bring it on!! It sounds fun to work in a bookshop! You may as well try the three bottles, its one less hassle a day anyway!! How has Tom adjusted to daylight savings changes? If well, whats your secret cos Lucas was awake at 6am this morning and i am not coping!!

Have a good weekend everyone! We have my SIL and BIL staying from Tassie all weekend. Lucas was great with them this morning so i am so relieved as he can be funny with people he never sees but it was smiles and cheekiness all round....not bad for a sick little poppet!!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast