Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #20

OMG What a day... Bayleigh has done nothing but scream allllll day it took me 3 hours to get him to have a sleep and he only slept for 40 mins all day after being up most of the night
    DP came home from work and we had a huge fight becouse he came home and has now gone to a friends place after me asking him to stay home and give me a break as i am also sick and have a huge headache ( the computer aint doin much for it ) i sat at the dining table and cried for 1/2 an hour after he left as bayleigh was screaming and i have had enough today cant wait for it to be over
    so bayleigh had an early tea and he screamed throgh his bath (so not like him ) i got him dressed gave him some dymadon and a bottle and put baby vicks on his singlet and set up the vaporisor on in his room and he is now in bed and i think he is actually asleep YAY for me i think its now time for me to have a bath n head to bed myself

I'll do personals tomorrow
    HAve a good night

Sarah

Wow, so much going on in here, it's hard to know where to start!

Sarah - you poor darling, to have had such a lousy 24 hours and then for DH to go out, that really sucks. For what it's worth, if we were in the same town then I'd bring you a dinner or two to help you out, but sadly, Mildura's just that bit too far away. Hopefully it's just some teeth coming through and he'll be back to his happy self by tomorrow for you.

Jess - wow, congratulations on Baby 2! That's so exciting, and I'm very happy for you, and it's lovely to "hear" you sounding so positive & happy. It sounds like you've got a gem of a doctor, which is fantastic. And well done on switching to cloth nappies, that's cool.

Nicky - congratulations too! A surprise wedding is a lovely thing to do. Plus it means that you the wedding that you want, without any guilt trips imposed by other people. I look forward to hearing much more about it, including dress descriptions. BTW, love your signature, especially the bit for Lachlan - v cute.

Em - how nice has the weather been. Yesterday Liam sat outside on the grass, ate leaves and watched me plant a couple of gardenias that I bought on the weekend, and today we went for a walk in a park with a friend of mine & her son, we feed the ducks (v interesting), then sat on the grass for a while with the boys, which was enjoyable. LOL at Tom trying to catch a bird, gotta love free entertainment.

Megan - how's the teething going? Hopefully Lucas has had a better day today, and those pesky teeth have settled down for him. I have considered Masada (it's where Liam was born, & I loved the place, didn't want to leave), but because it's private there's the costs of going private, which I'm kind of hoping to avoid. And deep down I'm kind of hoping that maybe we can get over this sleep hurdle without having to resort to sleep school, so having a long wait kind of plays into that hope.

Sacha - I've heard the No Cry book mentioned around the place, and quite frankly, I think I'm about to become as much of a parenting book junkie as I am a cook book junkie, so it's on my list of things to get around to. I just bought the Pinky Mackay Toddler book ($16 from Target, cheapest I found), which is a little ahead of where we are developmentally, but I like to be prepared, and it's been a good read. Slightly self-validating, cos much of what she says I'm kind of thinking, but she expresses it well I think.

Emma - you're probably right that Tayah will cope better than you will when you're doing your prac work, but sometimes it's not always about the baby! I don't think that there's really anything that can prepare us for leaving them for extended times, but if it's any comfort, the girls in my MG were saying that they find their work days go really quickly.

Jas - woo hoo for being fully qualified in 6 weeks, you've done really well. It must be so exciting waiting for your first client's baby to arrive, you'll be a great doula.

Not much to report from our patch today, pretty much Same Same as yesterday, the biggest difference is that it's Thursday, not Wednesday. Am planning to make Anzac biscuits tomorrow, not good for the diet (ha, what diet), but good for the country, and a nice tradition to have I think. Hope everyone has a good holiday tomorrow.
    Last edited by BhoysGirl; April 24th, 2008 at 09:15 PM.

Sarah, sorry to hear you are both having a hard time. Maybe you could have a doc check him out in case there's an ear infection or something else bothering him and making him miserable on top of the teeth. Hope you have someone close to give you a hand and a bit of a break when you're feeling crappy. Feel better soon.

Jess that's great and exciting news for you! Wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy. Keep us updated won't you?

Em, hope you get the right books! What a great idea to feed the birds with Tom - I'm going to try that with Autie tomorrow. 'Birdie' was one of the first words I know she understood.

Nicky how exciting for you both! I wish I could be there to see the faces! You need someone videoing for sure to catch that Are you planning a honeymoon? And wow on the teeth! He just keeps them coming doesn't he? I hear you on the biting BTW! Though mine was more a continual chewing that ended up in open sores - eewwww!

Jas it must feel great to nearly be done and able to get started. How organised you must be to be studying through this whole baby business

You too Emma (organised like Jas I mean). Good luck with your prac. What age group are you having? And how much fun to have Tayah walking - are you getting lots of video?

Megan, how's things going? Have you both had a better day today?

There's not much different for us atm really. I have worked a daily walk into our day after breakfast which is good for both of us and not too hot at this time of the year. Four teeth still. Walking behind things - practising for future employment as a furniture removalist with the dining chairs. She has developed a love of Hi-5 but we only have one DVD and it's driving me nuts. Sleeping is improving. Hmmm, that's about it.

Take care and be smiley

Hi girls,

Haven't been around much lately, have a few things going on but just had a quick read through and wanted to say a HUGE congrats to both Jess and Nicky!

Hello to everyone else!

Raels and Oliver xo

Hi everyone,
    Well I am in the same boat as Raels. Have heaps going on and been very busy. I get to come in and read, but thats about all.

Congrats to Jess and Nicky! Yay and good luck to both of you!

Hope everyone is well and I will catch up soon when I can!
    xoxo
    Blueflower

Hi Everyone

Thanks for all the congrats! I had my drs visit yesterday, the usual bloods etc, and i will book in for a scan in a few weeks, about 8wks. Im still really excited Today i told my sister to block her ears and then i whispered to my nephew, "tell mummy Aunty Jess has a baby in her tummy" his eyes went really wide and he went and whispered in her ear and she looked and said "did i just hear him say what i think he did?? and we all laughed and she started crying lol!! Then my mum came to pick him up and he said nanna i have a baby and she said where and he said its in his tummy till christmas and then it will come out his belly button!!! It was so funny and cute!

Ethan is good, cheeky today though. He didnt have the best sleep lastnight though as he had his Fluvax injection yesterday and was a bit irritable and the teething is happening again! Im starting to wonder if he will ever get teeth!!

Veronica- Hows avaleighs walking going? Did you get some rest after looking after your nephew? Im not sure at this stage if i want to find out the sex of the bub, when i was pg with ethan i didnt want to at the start then decided i did lol but im hoping to keep it as a suprise this time, but will have to see if i can be patient

Nicky- I hope things go well and you are growing a baby bump soon too! How exciting about the suprise wedding!! Wow cant wait to hear the details, what a wonderful day it will be! Your little man has sooo many teeth! Ethan has none!

Emma- Did you go to the races? It is a little exciting about mothers day! Although i think DH will probably forget, he is bad for these things lol! But its 2 days after my birthday so he might remember! maybe!

Sarah- Aww you sound like after your day yesterday you could do with a big Hope you had a better day today. Hows bayleigh?

Jan- Yummy! how did the anzac biscuits go? I didnt make any as i would just scoff them all lol i love them, next year i will though because i can share with ethan hehe!

Sacha- Autie sounds like she is doing really well. How are you? I will definately keep you updated on the pregnancy.

Raels- Hi and thanks! How are oliver and lexxen going?

Sara- How are you? Thankyou also. How Kaetlyn?

Well im hungry so im going to raid the pantry!! (there's choccie in there! SHHH lol)
    Bye for now ladies. Have a lovely weekend!

wow Nicky!!!!!! Sorry I missed you post Congratulations

I am so happy for you hun

Hi all,

Can't keep up with you guys, so I apologise that I haven't read the last thread from where I last posted.

V, wow at avaleigh walking. Just like her mum, can't sit still. Xavier has only just started crawling.
    But I'm enjoying him being perfectly average

Nicki, I love your sig, the quote made me chuckle and I love your crazy baby smiley face I won't tell I promise that is so exciting, i told you you would get hitched sooner or later. Have you got a celebrant, I highly recomend hilary guest, she is lovley and quite funny. Do you think that the constipation issues could be related to teeth? or maybe something you eat?? just thoughts.

em, I had stern words with xavier today that he had 2 weeks and 2 days to say mum, and that was all i wanted for mothers day!!

t of j big hugs hun, on being utd.

Jan anzac biscuits are so good for you, they are full of fibre!!, and if made with good oates are considered low gi. So eat up!!

Rebecca - excellent point about Anzac biscuits being good for you, as well as good fibre, the oats apparently help to lower cholesterol. Minor detail about the truckload of sugar and butter, but then butter is dairy.... sadly, as Jess pointed out, they have all been scoffed. Although it wasn't a huge batch, just a tasty one.

As usual, not much going on here. Have a snotty faced little boy, who I think is trying to cut his top right middle tooth, but then I've been thinking that for days so who knows. THis morning we're off to my nephew's christening, and as I'm a Godmother better be on time, so better get off BB - the best timewaster after Liam hehe.

Have a good day ladies.

Good morning Ladies

I have a big WOO HOO!!! Ethan has finally cut his first little tooth today!!! YAY i was so excited and got teary eyed lol! It was the bottom left tooth

Bec- Hows Xaviers sleeping going? I think i should give some stern words to ethan to say mum by mothers day too! It would be great wouldnt it.

Jan- Hehe glad you enjoyed your biscuits! How is liam today? Did you make it to the christening on time? lol Hope it was a lovely day.

Well Ethan is sleeping atm, he hasn't had any solids today he just kept spitting it out, but maybe that was because his tooth was coming through, and im just having some quiet time out, I had my first bout of morning sickness yesterday and the night before last, i was laying in bed and it felt like motion sickness!! Ah the joys of pgncy hey. I just hope it doesn't get as bad as before!

Okay BBL ladies i hope your all having a nice monday!

Megan76 Guest

Sorry girls i have been so busy lately and havent had time to do a proper post...tonight is no different! We thought we had sold our house for about a month but as it turns out the buyer didnt get the finance and so we are back to square one! It is so hard to keep the house clean with a crawler on my hands!

Lucas' two top teeth are just about through, we have had a few interesting nights but cant complain too much! His bottles are still a nightmare....only drank 60ml out of the last two today so getting a bit stressed again....might call the maternal health line tomorrow and see what they say. EM..... i am glad you have had a breakthrough i might try that out tomorrow!

We have our photo shoot tomorrow so a bit excited about that!

But most of all i wanted to say a big CONGRATULATIONS to Jess and Nicky! Exciting times ahead for both of you!!!

Will try and catch up on personals this week, its just been so busy with this damn house selling stuff!

XX

Hi ladies!

Just wanted to say hello! It has been sooooo long since I've been on BB! Sorry I've missed all your news.

Congrats Jess and Nicky!

Amelie is doing really well- standing up on her own now, but best of all she sleeps through the night!! We had to go to the sleep doctor, something I never thought I would do, but it was so worth it! For a few hours of crying, we've ended up with a great result and I'm much happier for it. When I was pregnant I never expected to have to settle for so many of the things I've done (caesarean, controlled crying, etc.) and I do have my guilty moments about it, but in the end I've come out with a happy and healthy baby, so it's all good.

Megan - I haven't been around to hear your house selling dramas, but it seems like it has been taking ages! You must be over it all, with all that cleaning and being on edge for it. Hope it works out sooner than later.

Sorry - gotta go - have run out of time for personals - apologies!!

HI

Wow its been quiet in here! I hope everyone is going ok.

Well it looks like ethan may have another 2 teeth on the way, 2nd bottom middle one and one of the top middle ones. He has been SUPER grumpy today and his poo's have been horrible, so causing some red rashyness on his bottom, poor little tyke.

I have been feeling a bit yuck all day so really didnt do much at all, and am planning on that for the rest of the night. Im not up for personals sorry. Will try tomorrow if i feel better.

Bye

Megan76 Guest

Well the photo shoot was great! She showed us one of Lucas in his bonds hoodie and it was awesome! I think we will spend a fortune!

Em - i was just wondering what info you managed to find out about the importance of milk at this age when Tom was off it? It is getting ridiculous here...60ml out of a bottle is a battle! I am so over it and have run out of ideas and i dont know what to do. I know they should have a certain amount but i am just wondering the implications if they dont because regardless of what he should have he WONT have it. AAARRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Jess - Good luck with the teeth cutting! We've have the top two coming through for ages and it hasnt been fun, they are basically through now though.

Must go watch the end of House!

Megan - poor you! I really really feel for you and understand how frustrating it is. The info I found in a few books was that from 9 months they really only need around 500ml of dairy whether it be through bottle/breast or what they get through your cooking and other dairy products. At the height of T's bottle refusual, I gave him yoghurt after both lunch and dinner, added a bit of milk and cheese to his dinner, and gave him Weetbix for breekie. You how Weetbix soak up the milk as they sit there - I just kept adding milk to them as he ate and could usually get about 180-200ml into him through breakfast. Did you try adding a little bit of cow's milk to his bottle? I was felt bad about doing it but there is a little bit in the BabyLove book about using cow's milk - and from this age she doesn't seem to think it is too much of a drama. At the moment we are getting two bottles of about 150ml and a bedtime one of 210ml which is so much better than him drinking 60ml over two whole days. Sooo frustrating. Good luck!

Hi to everyone else xx

Hey Everyone!!

I've been a bit MIA lately. Been busy trying to find work from home - I've registered my name with several paid survey databases and waiting to get surveys sent to me to start making money!! I think I still need to sign up with 100 more to make it worth it! LOL

Avaleigh's walking is getting soo much stronger. She is doing now 40% walking and 60% crawling. She walks more for dad than for me!! haha We managed to have 2 nights in a row of sleeping through - YAY!! So in the past 2 weeks, we have had 3 full nights sleep. I have cut out the midnight feeds to get out of that routine. I am waking in the middle of the night tho - dont know what is up with that! haha We have also had some really horrid poos here the other day, so maybe teething is starting up all over again???? Avaleigh's day sleeps are wonderful tho!! Ysterday we managed two 2 hour sleeps. It was soooo good!! It must be the walking that is wearing Avaleigh out. We have tried a few new things in the foods department - avocado on toast, cheese toasties, baby pasta, baby porridge. So food is going good and Avaleigh loves her teeth cause she can bite in to things now (including me!! )

Well I hope everyone is going good!! Only a few months away and our bubbas are going to me 1 years old AHHH how quickly has it gone!!!

Better go and sign up with some more surveys. TA TA!

Megan76 Guest

Thanks Em! I am living in hope that Tom turned himself around so Lucas will too! Havent tried mixing the milk yet only because i wasnt sure how much of each to do and do you heat it up after its mixed? Its all such a pain in the butt i just wish i knew what the problem was....i just really think he is over milk and the whole bottle thing and hates to be stuck drinking when he could be crawling around!

.........Hows everyone going with finger food. I think Lucas is lazy! The only things he will pick up himself and put in his mouth are toast, cruskets and grated cheese, anything else he mushes up or just wont pick up himself and waits for me to do his dirty work!! Cheeky bugger.

Megan - we so have matching babies.. Tom has completly gone off finger food. He used to be quite good - now what ever i give him, he holds between his finger and his thumb like a posh lady then drops it over the side of the high chair with a look on his face like I am trying to poison him! He will eat toast and today he had a little piklet.
    With the milk - I started off doing 120ml of formula and 60ml of milk (or that sort of ratio - 150ml and 60ml milk for night time). I heated the water first, hotter than normal and mixed in the formula, then mixed in the milk (which cooled down the warmer water). Now that he is drinking better, I do only 30ml of milk and the rest formula. My theory is that he started to really go off his formula when we introduced normal milk onto his cereal, and also same as Lucas - too much other stuff to do rather than lay on mum's lap and have a bottle. For his morning bottle, I give to him in his cot as soon as he wakes up. If I wait until I have done his nappy etc, he is too alert and already thinking of ways to escape! Same with his night time one - I tuck him up in bed, give him his bottle and once that is finished, read a couple of stories so that he doesn't start feeding to sleep.
    But if he really doesn't want to drink, try not to worry too much (hard I know). I asked Tom's doctor to give him a checkover just to make sure he didn't have an ear infection or anything, and he said as long as you are getting wet nappies still, and he is happy and alert, and recieving dairy in other forms, there isn't much to worry about or much else that you can do.

Hope everyone else is well. It's been fairly quiet in here - thank goodness, I have been busy otherwise I wouldn't be able to keep up! We got Tom's first haircut on Saturday. He looks like a proper boy now . He was so good - he just sat on my knee watching the barber in the mirror. So was I - he was really good looking .

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast