Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #20

Hi Ladies,

I too have been really busy lately so haven't had the chance to get on bb! Ethan and I are now over the flu and i am now taking medication for my m/s so hopefully things will get better!

Ethan has now got his 3rd tooth, 2 bottom and 1 top, he keeps rubbing his tongue over the top one, it must feel strange, he has only had it 2 days. Not walking yet, he seems to have lost a bit of interest there, but he has learnt to speed crawl lol! He is now nicknamed The vacuum cleaner as he is constantly picking stuff up and putting it in his mouth, nothing gross yet thank god! Still waking 2-3 times a night but i dream feed him before i get into bed so i know i will get a few hours sleep. Okay with this atm but hope he is sleeping through when bub #2 arrives.

As for the pgncy, having a few issues with Folic acid being dangerously low, but taking strong supplements to try resolve it, and just keeping fingers crossed that we will get it better and not cause any harm to bubs. Other than that and m/s everything else is going ok, and cant wait to have our first scan.

Well im too behind to catch up with personals but will pop in more reguarly now things have quietened down. Hope you all had a lovely mothers day. Bye for now BBL.

Whoo hoo just saw an ad for Sex and the City, 2 weeks to go CAN'T WAIT!!!

Ok, sorry got a little excited there I love SATC I have every ep on DVD and have watched them 20 times over!!!

Ok, calming down now.

Today I had a day in the office Working for my friends Mum doing data entry....5 hours of straight typing so my fingers and back are sore but it was a good day.

V - Olivia cried last night at Mums for 45 mins!! But tonight we didn't hear a beep from her, straight to sleep! Its strange, she is a funny little thing With the weetbix, I add milk and warm it up then add banana pieces and give it to her with a piece of banana, I think she likes it more as it sweetens it up so give that a try and see how she goes!! As for the sleeping suits, I have Olivia in a really warm fleecy suit, then a extra warm fleecy sleeping bag and she has 2 blankets. Its 6 degrees here tonight so I hope this will be ok, but she is a pretty hot baby.

Well I am going to go before my fingers fall off!

Night all
    Lis xxx

Lis- Hope your feeling better!!!!! by all the excitement over the SATC movie i'm saying you are LOL
    I cant wait for it either it should be great......
    Bayleigh is fine after he's lil egg eating thing the other day thank god it didnt have any effect on him apart from a really bad egg smelling nappy the next day But Thankfully he was fine

Nicky- Swan Hill is just up the road from me (well kind of LOL 2 hours) Its lovely there.....
    Yay on the OFFICAL ENGAGEMENT BIG CONGRATES TO YOU DF AND LACH

V-What Diet are you one ? If you dont mind me asking? Im in the process of losing wieght (lost 7.1kg in 3 weeks) Doc has put me on some tablets (pretty full on ones too i wasnt going to take them but thought i would give them a go) to help me as i was Exercising (40km bike ride 2X a day and a 5km walk) and i was gaining weight and my heart was beating to fast so he wanted to get me to lose some weight fast and my heart is beating a lot slower now i have lost that lil bit of weight...
    I have cut the size of my meals down from a dinner plate size to a side plate serve and im only eating steamed vegies and a tiny bit of meat done in the george grill and an apple everyday..... (im forcing myself to eat this ) and im riding 20km a day I still have another 20 or so KG'si want to lose as i want to have a breast reduction done at the end of the year.......
    With dressing Bayleigh at night he has a Singlet, long sleeve body suit, socks, Jumpsuit and like you everywhere i looked i could only find thin sleeping bags but then i went to Target and they have really thick ones so i brought one (gunna go back and get a few more) so he also wears that and then he has a sheet and 3 blankets in his cot......

TOJ- Glad to hear things are mostly well with you... Ethan sounds like bayleigh with picking EVERYTHING up of the floor and putting it in his mouth... Hope ethan doesnt find a hard boil egg that has been hidden since easter like Bayleigh did LOL

Well im off to check out the big brother site and then head to bed...

Sarah

Sarah - I have started this diet called 'healthpointe'. My sister got it last year from a personal trainer. They have a website if you want me to PM it to you? Pretty much for the first 3 days you ONLY eat protein. This is meant to 'jump start' the weight loss and eliminate carbs in your body so you start burning your fat and not the carbs. And then from days 4 - 28 you start adding fruit, grain, vegies. From days 29 - 42 you graduallly start increasing your servings. And every Monday is protein only days. You are meant to take an 'energy pack' with it too, which is pretty much a pile of vitamins. I havent gotten this yet cause the pack is expensive, but I am taking some multi vitamins bought from the health store. I've lost 1.8kg and 1.3% body fat in 3 days.
    I think the key with losing weight is to cut out carbs, cause that is what the body burns first. Good on you for cutting down your plate size. I eat huge dinners and it was such a shock to the system the first night cause all I had was 100g of chicken I also have found a website that has recipes for low carb high protein meals, if you are interested in that I will PM you the address..

Lis - haha! I bet you cant wait until sex and the city is in the movies - You'll probbaly be camping out or have you already bought tickets?!

Jess - Good to hear from you and I am sure you are going to have one healthy baby and I hope Ethan starts to sleep through the night for you soon!

V, could you PM me the details for the diet. Since I have started to take some anti anxiety tablets I have put on 4kg, and I want them off. I was feeling really good and healthy, but I'm starting to feel yuk again. I'm still only now my pre pregnancy weight, but I would love to loose another 5kg.

Jack, is going down at night, in a long sleeve body suit, flany pj's and going into a thick sleeping bag. But it's still not dropping below 10 at night here I don't think. Well he seems to be o.k. any how. I bought him a long sleeve sleeping bag for him yesterday, so will probably progress into that one soon.

I have my little girls 2nd birthday next week, and her party this weekend. My little girl, is getting so big. Makes me sad, but she is growing into such a beautiful and adorable little girl. Her personality is wonderful. Anyway, I have been reading up on everyone.

BBL

Hi girls! Hope everyone is well. Lots to catch up - there is lots of new posts which I like! We were a bit quiet there for a while.

Flossie - I am so so excited about SATC movie too! I have all the dvd's and just love them. I wanted to call Tom Aden because I love the name but DH wouldn't let me because it reminded him of Sex and the City. When Tom first came home from hopsital, i watched all of my dvd's again while he slept on my chest.. not much chance of that happening again .

Jess - hope you are feeling ok . I had horrible ms and it is just the worst thing so hope you are coping ok with it and Ethan as well! Let us know when your scan is - very excited for you!

Yay Nicky! Congratulations on your official engagement! What is your ring like? Regarding your question about food - Tom has 1 Weetbix with milk and pureed apple or some cinamon for breakfast and a piece of Vegemite toast - which he really just tears up and chucks all over the place! Lunch - he has half a tub of yoghurt with fruit mixed in, which I feed to him and then he has some finger food, normally a grilled cheese toast or biscuits etc. I brought some of those frozen fruit packs from the supermarket - mixed berries and a fruit salad one and I have mashed them up to add to his yoghurt. Dinner - he has some soup, then meat and vegies and finishes off with a little bit of custard. I normally put some saltanas and dried apple on a plate for him and leave it on the floor to have while he is playing but he rarely eats them - just mushes them into the carpet!

Emma - so sorry to hear about your pop. Hope you are doing ok. Tayah's little game sounds gorgeous - it is amazing what they learn to do. Tom's thing at the moment is his hair brush. He carries it everywhere and brushes peoples hair. DH is a bit worried ! Hope your prac work is goig ok - how much longer have you got to go?

Megan - how did the wedding go the other day? Did you find something to wear? How is Lucas going with his drinking? (that makes him sound like a alcoholic doesn't it..)

I like all the talk on what the babies are wearing to bed. We have had a few night wakings lately and couldn't figure out why because he wasn't hungry or wet. Have just realised it sounds like I am under dressing him and he is cold. Just went to Target - they have a sale on their sleep suits and sleeping bags. I just got a nice fleecy one for Tom and it was only $17. I will see how he goes tonight and then go get some more.

Well better be off. I know I am missing people, but it is a gorgeous day here so am going to go for a walk. All this excercise and diet talk is making me feel guilty!

Has anyone heard from Sacha lately? I noticed she hasn't been around.

Goodmorning Ladies,

It has been raining here heavy and non stop for hours! So its a stay inside day today, so i expect ethan may get grizzly later on as i usually take him out for a play in the afternoon, oh well I do have to take him to the Drs today though for the second half of his Fluvax Injection and this will be the first time i will have to hold him and i really dont want to lol!

Mel- Hi how are you hun? I used to take anxiety meds and i put on weight too, i was also on lots of others to at that stage that "Increased appetite" & "Causes weight Gain" so i ended up putting on heaps of weight, once i stopped taking them it took 2 yrs to get back to what i was, but only because my parents thought i was to young to diet!!
    Wow at charlize being 2 already, time flies! What do you have planned for her party? Hope she has a wonderful day!

V- Hows the diet going? Goodluck with it hun.

Sarah- Oh im glad bayleigh is okay after eating that egg! I hate the smell of rotten eggs!

Lis- Lol @ your SATC excitement!! Hope the 2 weeks doesn't go to slow. How are you feeling today re the sore back and fingers? hope your feeling better.

Em- Its great isnt it that we have had more posts again. Hope the sleepsuit helps tom to sleep better tonight. My first scan is on the 5th of June, cant wait! Enjoy your walk too!

Well im off for now, got to tidy up before ethan wakes and we go to the drs.
    BYE Ladies BBL.
    Last edited by tears_of_joy; May 22nd, 2008 at 01:04 PM.

V- that would be great if u could Pm me that website for the diet......... thanks heaps for that

Sarah

Hi Everyone
    I have been just listening for a while, haven't felt so talkative but am keeping up I think.

I like hearing about the night dressing too - I also did the Target thing today Em, and came home with a blanket sleeper for Autie, though I had to get a blue one as there were no pink ones left. I don't care as long as it works for her, she hates blankets and sleeping bags so hopefully it will be the answer to these cold nights we're getting now.

Good luck to everyone with your weight loss efforts. I'm being most lazy and the best I can do is a walk most mornings, mostly just to get us out of the house for a bit. I keep thinking I should do something about getting fitter before we start TTC again but I always put it off cos I'm the master procrastinator.

I bought Autie her first pair of shoes today She has to have ones for 3-6m olds so I guess she's probably going to be on the shorter side like me. They are cute little brown suede ones with pink flowers and bugs - the pink volleys were tempting but I figure they're going spend a lot of time being dragged around in the crawling position and wouldn't be pink for long LOL

Mel, is everything ok? Hope you are not taking on too much for yourself study wise - take care of you. Get some Rescue Remedy - it will help, promise

Oops, there's the call - gotta go. Hope everyone is smiley.

EM - LOL we were going to call Olivia Adian if she was a boy!!! That is so funny. DH said that it reminding him of SATC but I swore to him that wasn't the reason I liked the name LOL - how cute was Aiden though?? And she goes for BIG argghhh!!!

Olivia is in a short sleeve jumpsuit under her PJ's tonight. She has warm PJ's on but not as warm as last night (5-6 here again tonight) so put her in the jumpsuit also. Straight to bed tonight again WHOO HOO!!

Sorry short one tonight, am working tomorrow and am SO tired.

Lis xxxx

HI ladies

Well ethan did super well with his needle yesterday, the nurse that did it was great, quick and gentle, he only cried for 2 seconds, then she had him smiling again! Oh and wuss that i am i couldnt hold him lol but lucky for me mum turned up just knowing that i couldnt do it so she did, mums are great aren't they

Nothing new happening here for ethan, but still a bit grizzly at being cooped up in doors all day, damn rain but im sure he will get used to it.

Lis- thats great that olivia is going to bed better, must make you feel better too!

Sacha- Great to hear from you! Is your DH still working away? Autie's shoes sound so cute, i haven't got ethan any yet but he has been given a few pairs that famliy got for him but they are all to big!

Well thats it from me for now, have to get my dessert ready and watch home and away! Then find stuff to do until Big brother comes on! Bye for now BBL.

Hi everyone,

been lurking around, just hadn't had much to say. Still don't really, although watch the amount of drivel that I still manage to pour out haha. But wanted to pop in properly to say hi.

Nicky - how's Lachlan going? Any luck with sleep school enquiries? We've instigated a dream feed at around 10.30, which works well, except when he wakes up before 10.30... But now that he's over his latest cold & doesn't appear to be teething, things have been a bit more settled. I think these things are more fluke than design though, I just wish there was a magic wand.

Lis - hopefully Olivia is still doing well with her nighttime routine. It's so exciting when you get a problem "fixed"

Sacha - yay for the new shoes. They look so grown up when they're wearing them, it's very cute.

Well, so much for proper personals, and so much for a 10.30 dream feed. Gotta go, someone's awake....

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I just want to SCREAM!!!

Avaleigh has been soooo unbareable the past few days!!! All she wants is to be held, when she is held she wants to be put down. She is crying at everything and nothing. She is biting my nipples, she is not eating/drinking properly!!! Oh man Oh man, I HATE these teething times!!! Well she better be teething cause I dont know what else to put all this down too. All the clinginess and all the sookiness - surely it would have to be teething!!

I've told Jason to go out and buy some baby nurofen - oh I hope it helps!

V, I just wanted to give you a hug, and I know what your going through. Jack has been the same, he has been up 4 times a night, just wanting to be hugged, and clingy and miserable all day long. I first put it down to him still overcoming the cold he had, but I think it might be his teeth again. How many teeth does Avaleigh have already? I think Jack might be cutting his top two front ones. Hope she settles soon for you. Thanks again for the diet info, I feel better just skimming through it. Can't wait to shake the kg's I've recently put back on.

Oh I will hug you too Mel and we will cry in each others arms!!! LOL It is soooooooooooo hard and soo frustrating. Jason just came in with th nurofen (I was at mums house all day and he has been at a friends when I got home) and he asked me if I was not in a very good mood!!! Of course I am not, I've had to deal with hell the past few days. He doesnt see it, cause whenever he sees Avaleigh she is happy to see him, but when she is with me - whinge whinge whinge!! Avaleigh's only got her two bottom teeth, so I am expecting the top two to come through - I hope they are out tomorrow!! I hope Jack settles for you soon too. No worries about the diet info and I am sure you will get those kilos off in no time!!

With the baby nurofen, can you give it to bubs even if you arent sure they are teething - it wouldnt hurt them hey??

Yeah definately, no probs. I was also told by the hospital you can ultinate between it and panadol every 3-4 hours as they have different active ingreadients. So if Avaleigh wakes up during the night, but not 8 hours from last nurophen, you can give her panadol. Just make sure the time between the same one is 6-8 hours. Hope that made sense.

Jack has only his bottom front two as well. Hopefully they are through for both of them over night.

Hey, how is the scuba diving going? Have you decided on a holiday place yet?

Oh I just want to cry with Avaleigh!! I just spoke to Jason to see when he is coming home and he said he has another 1 and a 1/2 hours to get what he is doing finished and I havent even got my dinner ready yet!!

Thanks for the info on the panadol and nurofen. Avaleigh doesnt really like the panadol one tho!!

HA! What scuba diving??!! I have been twice since getting my licence in January!! I knew it wasnt going to be easy to get out there and now that winter is setting in.. oh well - maybe the summer will be easier!!

We're going down to Margaret River in 2 weeks time - cant wait!! Its just for 2 nights, just to get out of Perth really. Should be good but will go soo qcuikly.

Avaleigh is semi OK now, goin to attempt to make dinner. nope spoke too soon, face planted in to the floor

Oh glad Avaleigh is a little better.
    Margaret River sound devine. Are you a wine drinker? I loooovvvvveeee wine, having a red as we speak. Love doing the wine get aways. Luke and I got engaged at a windery in the Hunter Valley, was so romantic. Too bad it was the last romantic get away. But we were only talking the other day about a second honeymoon that we could enjoy, as I was 5 months pregnant on our 1st one. Oh dear, listen to me, poor mel. What a sook. Anyway, I hope you have a great time.

Sorry to hear about the scuba diving, at least in summer you can enjoy it more. Where is Jason? Luke is at work again tonight. Poor bloke has been on night shift 2 night in a row, with Charlize's 2nd party today, he must be soooo tired. I plan to stay out the morning tomorrow to let him sleep.

Hope your night goes well.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast