Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #20

Hey Ladies!!

I hope all is well.. I am feeling a little tired...

Lis - Avaleigh is going OK today, I didnt even have to give her any nurofen, so its been OK, still frustrating tho!! She only had 2 40min sleeps today, she normally has 2 hour sleeps! Yes, Avaleigh has the big lumps and her gums look a bit white at the moment. They looked really bad the other night, but not so much today - I just want them to come on out so I have my happy baby back! And YAY on the new PC - that would have been a very nice surprise.

I've been thinking about this cow's milk business too and cause I only want to breastfeed until 12 months, I would like to introduce it some how. I thought it would be easy enough to just give the bottle and away they go!! LOL But no, you would need to introduce it slowly hey? And considering that Avaleigh is just being breastfed.. she does drink from a bottle OK, so it shouldnt be too hard should it?! I think that we will jsut wait until 12 months and then start to introduce the cows milk.

Jason and I have been talking a bit about Avaleigh's birthday. I was planning on doing a BBQ but thought that wenever we have a BBQ I am in the kitchen doing everything and not enjoying anything!! So we are going to look in to getting a caterer (sp?) and doing a pig on the spit and salads. I will probably just make some fairy bread and some other kiddie foods. Atleast that stuff when be done earlier!

Well I am off for the night!!!
    XXXX

Lis-Bayleigh drinks anything out of a sippy so it wasnt that had to get him to drink milk out of it used to make up his formula in his bottle and then pour it into the cup so i knew he was still gettin the right amount...

V- Does Avaleigh have any cows milk at all? on her breaky????
    Im actually not sure how you would go about introducing cows milk to a breast fed baby lol maybe there is a thread that might give you some ideas.... i have always been told not to give them cows milk straight to start off as it can course tummy upsets and constipation and so on

My SIL put my niece straight onto cows milk and didnt introduce it at all and my poor niece was screaming the house down coz she had a very upset tummy

All im goin to do is start off with 150ml formula and 50ml cows milk and do that for 2 weeks and so on and so on till he is 12 months thats the way my MCHN told me to do it when i was putting DD on to cows milk. Well now i know other mums are thinking about it i mite start doing it on the weekend and ill let you know how we go LOL we have a MCHN appt on tuesday so Ill tell her that we have started with cows milk.... i was just worried that it mite have been to early but then again he started solids at 3 months so LOL

Well i better go Bayleigh and i have a play date with friends of ours at the indoor play centre in town so that will be exciting last time we went bayleigh was only a few months old and he slept the whole time LOL

Ill be back later
    Sarah

Yes, Avaleigh is having cows milk with her cereal (we have weatbix and mashed banana - she loves it!) And she has yohgurt and tried some cheese yesterday so she has had a bit of dairy. I think what I am going to need to do is express breastmilk and then mix with cows milk.

Has anyone thought about using the cows milk that is said to be made for toddlers or you just going to use normal cows milk?

Hi all.

All this talk of cows milk is excellent. I have been thinking about introducing it soon. I actually gave Lach about 20mls in a cup the other day, and decided to wait a few days before trying again.
    He ate a cheese sandwhich for luch yesterday!! YAY! It's so good that he can eat some things that I can too. He doesnt eat too much mush anymore. It's great.

I have actually been weaning him off breast for personal reasons, and we are down to 2 bf's a day, with 3 bottles in between. I am hoping to drop one more of those feeds next week, but am scared about getting mastitis...... How did people who are bottle feeding, go from a couple of breastfeeds to none without getting mastitis? Did you need to express at all?

Anys, back later.

Just a quickie as Olivia has just done a smelly....will be back later but want to ask ....

.....I have dropped her day bottle, she has some water but not a whole cup, should I have not dropped this bottle until she drinks more water?

Also, do you give your bubbas hot chips sometimes as treats? Olivia had maybe 2-3 today from Nanna but I don't want her getting used to it.

BBL....smelly, yucky!!!

Everyone is different Lis, but I remember being really worried about introducing Charlize to any sort of fast food, but as long as it's not a everyday food, they will soon realize it's a sometimes food, and really enjoy it when they are given it. Both my kids love hot chips, or chippies as they are more commonly known as. It will make you feel great, when you say chippies and her face beams and she gobbles them up, so I definately think it's o.k, every now and then. Wish I had some hot chippies here today, it a cold wet one in brissy.
    Last edited by Meluchja; May 29th, 2008 at 03:46 PM.

Megan76 Guest

Oh girls what a day! Started with a half hour sleep this morning then this afternoon......hysterical. This has happened to me a couple of times in the past few weeks...I've put Lucas to bed and he has cried so i've gone in and picked him up and tried a few things and before i know it he's hysterical no matter what i do. I just spent 50 min trying to get him to sleep pacing up and down the house with him screaming. Dont know what it is but it is very unlike him and i dont know what i am doing wrong and if its an over tired thing......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Lis - Lucas has had hot chips maybe twice, I dont think it can hurt every so often. On the water front maybe just offer it to her alot during the day and see if she is still having lots of wet nappies. Lucas never drinks a whole cup.

V- i think the expressed BM in a bottle and cows milk mite be the way to go... Maybe a pain in da bum but atleast she will be on her way to cows milk.....I totally forgot bout the toddlers milk you can get i just brought normal cows milk so after we finish that i mite check out the price of the toddlers milk and see if its worth useing.. no doubt like everything else it will be expensive ...

Lis- Bayleigh likes Macca's chips and nuggets lol he only gets them once a fortnight when we have DStepS for the weekend and DP and the kids have Macca's for tea or lunch. But like all the the other girls have said once in a while is fine i wouldnt stress to much about it....

Well we have had a busy day we went to the indoor play centre this morning and bayleigh had a great time he loved the lil ball pit.....
    I have done all of Bayleighs invites and sent them off 107 people we have invited (i have alot of family) and have organised most of the food Im goin to make Sausage rolls, Pinwheels, Mini quiches, Chicken nuggets, Mini Pizzas, and for desserts im goin to make Jelly cakes, Choc crackles, frogs in jelly, Fairy bread, and Cake adn i will have to buy some party pies, ****tail franks, and hot chips, so i went around to a few wholesalers today and got prices on most of the things i will need. Goin to be a lil cheaper to get stuff thro them then to get it thro the supermarket... And im watching a few things on EBAY too like decorations and so on so hopefully it will be cheaper compared to going to LOMBARDS
    Well im gunna head off starting to get cold here so i mite close up the house

Sarah

Lis - Avaleigh LOVES her hot chips!! I dont think there is anything wrong with giving them some hot chips when you are having some. I know that Avaleigh wont leave us alone until she gets one because its a rare thing and she does love eating them! I dont thik it will harm them cause the majority of the stuff we feed them are healthy. I'm letting Avaleigh try everything these days - not like I have much of a choice because she wont leave me alone until she tries it!

Sarah - good work on the party organising!!

I've done some organising for Avaleigh's party too. I think we will have around 40 - 50 people. Its going to be held the same day as Jason's brother's birthday so we might do a joint party - thats if he wants to have a party with a 1 yr old!! I'm thinking we will have Avaleigh's at 2pm and then Jason's bros will be at night.

For Avaleigh's party this is the food that I MIGHT be making..
    Pink baby cupcakes
    bubble ball bonbons
    caramel cups
    chocolate baubles
    double chocolate sprinkle biscuits
    fairy bread
    chocolate crackles
    Chicken & vegetable springrolls
    sausage rolls
    mine egg and bacon pies
    pizza
    mini hamburgers

I've got a lot of food to chose from and they all look sooooooooooooooo yummy!! And we will probably have a spit roast in the evening. I'm a little worried about maybe over catering, but if I choose 3 types of finger foods, 3 sweets, fruit platter and a spit roast it shouldnt be too much hey??? We are going to ask people to bring salads..

Avaleigh has woken up!

I'll just talk to myself then:P
    lol

Megan76 Guest

Sorry Nicky i forgot to answer your question....i only breastfeed for a few months, then i pretty much went cold turkey as Lucas wouldnt take it anymore. I just expressed bits here and there when they seemed a bit full and all was fine!

Oh my god girls you sound like baking queens for these party's....i hadnt considered having to make anything, oops, better start thinking about it!!

Yeah me too, I hadn't even thought about a party yet. But I guess it's only 5 weeks away for me, yikes!!!!

I might do a Hi5 cake, or maybe Bob the builder. Don't think we will have a big party, just close family, and a couple of close friends with kids.

Quick ?, I have a baby shower on sunday, and I'm going shopping for a present tomorrow. And I was just curious to know what the best present everyone got at their baby shower was. I was thinking about buying her a baby rocker/swing. It was the best thing ever with Jack and his reflux, but Charlize didn't use it much.

Sorry Nicky i knew there was another question i was meant to answer in my earlier post....
    I only breast fed Bayleigh for 17 weeks and my milk dried up so i really didnt have to do anything. Actually i think i maybe hand expressed in the shower like 4 times at the most.

Mel im still up in there air bout wat cake im goin to make i have seen some pretty cool thomas cake toppers on ebay but not sure goin to go to spot light tomorrow and look at their cake tins as i was thinking i mite just do the number 1 and decorate it.. But ill prob change my mind 10 X before the party... As for the baby shower i never had one but a few yr ago i went to a good friends baby shower and i brought her a clothes basket and filled it with bits and pieces liek powder bath wash, teething rings, dummy clips and dummys, small pack of nappys, a couple of fleece blankets, i spent around $100 all up but the basket was over flowing

Well heading to bed we have just had friends leave so bayleigh only just went down so he will have a crappy night AGAIN

Sarah
    Last edited by XRMummy; May 29th, 2008 at 09:38 PM.

Nicky, I'm wondering the same thing. I didn't have to wean Charlize, as my milk sort of seemed to dry up once, I fell pregnant with Jack. But I'm hoping to feed Jack for a little while longer yet, but I want to start dropping of a feed at a time once he is 12 months old. I have read that as long as it is gradual, that your body will realise that it no longer needs to make so much milk and will start to ease up on its supply. Maybe do half and half feeds for awhile, then drop it all together. That's what I'm planning to do anyway.

Megan76 Guest

Sorry Mel, I didnt have a baby shower either so I'm not much help, but i always think its good to get stuff for the Mummy who usually gets forgotten! Maybe something from the The Body Shop...just a suggestion!

All this party talk is making me freak out and realise i need to get organised! Luckily i have a friend who is a chef who offered to make the cake (she made our wedding cake and it was awesome!) and she has already bought some books for me to look through! One thing to tick off i guess!

Night night!

Hello ladies, long time no post!

Mel - The swing sounds like a great idea. I didn't have a shower but was given a swing for Oliver just after he was born and it was fantastic!! I am throwing a friend a shower next weekend actually and one of the girls asked me what they should get her. I suggested one of those belly casting kits.

Nicky - When I weaned my older DS I gradually did it so I was down to one morning feed every second day. I didn't express back then, didn't even own a pump! It did take a good couple of months to wean though and I didn't get mastitis but I did get a couple of blocked ducts. You could try speaking to a naturopath about some herbs that help with the drying up of the milk. I have heard that sage and peppermint do this. Oh and Oliver has been super clingy too. He is fine if I am in the room but as soon as I leave he screams. I hope he gets out of it soon!

Sarah - Personally I would not be introducing cow's milk until 12 months. Cow's milk isn't suitable for babies at this age because it doesn't contain the right amount of nutrients and some vitamins for proper growth and development. It also doesn't contain enough iron. Also, if a babies digestive system is not mature enough it may cause some problems.

All this talk of parties! We still don't know what we are doing yet. Sarah and V - you both sound very organised!! I am sort of thinking we will either go to the Zoo or the Aquarium. I will give him a small party with the kids from my mother's group though.

Well I am a bit excited!! I start training next week to become a peer support person for breastfeeding mums in my area. I am really looking forward to it!!!

Well my eyes are closing so that's it for me for now.

Hello to those I have missed!

Stay well everyone.

Raels and Oliver. xo
    Last edited by razzle; May 29th, 2008 at 10:32 PM.

DOH! I wrote a huge post and then the net dropped out Good that I have a good memory!

I am at mum's today cause Jason is re-tiling our roof (bl00dy roof tiler wasnt happy with what we already had! ) so I thought we better leave the house incase a tile, or PERSON falls through the roof!! avaleigh doesnt have a good track record of sleeping at mum's tho, so its going to be interesting. I had her in her cot for an hour and no luck with the sleep, so I will jjust wait until she crashes..

Nicky - i am not sure about the mastitis - I gues you just need to try different things and see what works. I think I might plan to timing the feeding, lets say I give Avaleigh 5 mins on the breast and then swap to a bottle. I will probably post a question in the forums with it gets closer to the time..

Mel - I think the swing is a good idea. I didnt really get any presents that I thought were really useful!! Too many blankets and too much baby powder! Actually I got a heap of baby bath and moisteriser etc and they were useful. One of my friends bought ME something, it was only a block of nice chocolate but the thought was nice! I am going to do that if I am ever invited to a baby shower - give bub something plus the mum cause the mum is doing all the hard work!

Raels - I hope your support person training goes well!

Avaleigh's party plans have changed. jason doesnt think many of our friends are going to come as they havent had a very good track record with showing up to parties these days. So we are just going to do the finger foods and ask guests to bring a plate of something. With the cake we are just going to get a caramel mud cake from the cheesecake shop.

Well better go find where my munchkin has gone.. Oh I nearly forgot!! avaleigh has the WORST stack last night. She was trying to run in the living room and tripped over her feet and fell right in to our TV cabinet that has a glass top. She got herself right in her mouth and her gums were bleeding!! poor little miss, I had to give her nurofen cause it was hurting her so much before bed time!

Hi everyone

Oh V poor little avaleigh ethan has done that to his gums twice now and its sooo scary when you see blood.

Well i had a read last night but by the time i got through the posts was too tired to reply as things have been super hectic here again! I have had my sister and my almost 3yr old nephew and 15mth old niece staying with me as my sister finally left her abusive (physically) partner after 3 YRS!! The kids are really suffering at the moment, and my sister needs to really start looking after them properly, at least having them here they were bathed everynight, feed properly and had a bit of routine and stability in there life, she has moved in to her own place now, i love her so much and i know she has suffered alot but i just wish she would treat her babys right. It has only been a week and she is already letting "him" stay in her spare room as he apparently has no where to go!! I just hope she sticks to her guns and does whats right by the kids. Sorry about that its been a big stress to me and although i didnt plan on babbling it was good to get it off my chest!

Well parties! Isn't it all so exciting but a bit daunting and scary too, our bubs are gonna be teens before we know it!! lol thats a scary thought! We are only having a small thing too and most probably people wont turn up, but plans so far are:

For the kids i am making little cupcakes with baby blue icing and i will use white choc to put an E on them, some blue fairy bread a fruit platter and then just some party pies and sausage rolls. And i will fill some drink coolers with fruit juice and ice. For adults cold meats, crackers, cheese etc and also a fruit platter and im sure we will nibble some party food too. Im not sure yet what im doing for invitations just ideas atm. As for ethans cake i have found a gorgeous number 1 cake that i will make, its hard to explain but i will show a pic when i make it. Im also planning on bringing ethans pool inside and filling it with little balls for them all to play in, and of course lots of balloons, and streamers lol! We are having to have ethans party early as Dh's work wont give him extra time off as he is taking 6 wks off when bub is due, and then on his actual birthday me and ethan will just have a special day at the park or something if the weathers ok.
    Oh and 1 more thing, i have a question and was wondering if you could give me your opinions, The party will start 12noon and i would like to write on everyone's invite that no alcohol before 2pm, i would just prefer that we can have a little celebration without drinking but after that if they would like a few drinks then thats ok. Mainly because 1 or 2 people are BIG drinkers but i dont want to single anyone out, and my dad has said if thats what i would like then if people do start drinking he will ask them politely to stop and save it for later, if not could they please leave. Does this sound fair or am i being to harsh??

So Ethan still has 3 teeth, #4 is bugging him but not quite cut yet, sleeping is still not the best but coping ok for now, he has been pretty clingy for a few days but i think that its because too much has been going on for him. We are also having some issues with solids, everything gets spat out!!

Pregnancy wise...getting there lol i forgot how frustrating it can be at times The m/s is getting a bit easier now with the maxalon, and although im feeling quite fatigued the vitamins and extra folic acid are helping, and the crampy hips have started again! Oh the joy's, but im so excited. I have my first scan next thursday
    Anyway i think im babbling so i will leave it at that and go and have apple pie and ice cream, YUM! Sorry for no personals ladies. Hope your all well, BBL

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast