Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #21

V congrats on the job. Good luck!

Sacha, thanks for that. Lach has a little bit of eczema too, so that might come in really handy. I will head to the chemist tomorrow.

Jan -How is Liam going with his sleeping?? Lach has slept at least 12 hours a night since last thursday night ( he slept 14 hours on saturday night). I hope this continues for a while

TOJ - SOrry to hear little ethan has been sick. Hope the pregnancy is going well.... you are making me very clucky here!

Jas- Hi! and bye! LOL

Well, Lach's constipation is not getting any better on Soy, so I think it's time for normal formula when the tin runs out tomorrow.
    Weird thing is this morning, he did a poo and didn't make a sound. It was nice and soft (lol). I actually gave him some vaalia yoghurt yesterday ( which has probiotics in it) and am thinking that may have had an affect?? ANway, I will give him some yoghurt everyday, and see how we go.

On the wedding front, I only have boys suits (groomsmen only as Adam has his suit already), and my shoes to organise! Yay!!!
    I am meeting with the caterer to go over the menu tomorrow, which is good, and I will be paying for the venue tomorrow. My dress will be ready early August, so I will have my shoes by then, and my invites are going out next week It's all starting to come together.
    Just alcohol and some decorations to buy, but I am happy to stretch that out over the next few months.
    I can't beleive it is only just over 3 months. eek!

Anyway, my dad's birthday tomorrow, and then Lachie turns 11 months old this week... exciting times!!
    Hope all is well

OMG, We just got home from the burns unt. Jac got burned on the BBQ. BBL wth some detals

Hi ladys gee i have so much to catch up on i think i mtie leave it and just start again as of today i dont think i would have time to do personals...

Mel- i hope Jack is ok and nothing to bad....

Bayleigh is FINALLY back to his normal self had the bug for 12 days all up Test came back with nothing at all GRRRRR its a bit frastrating....
    Ill have to cum back in later tonight as we have Chloes Parent/teacher Interviews tonight and i need to get ready

Chat soon

Sarah

Oh Mel, that is bad news Hope Jack is ok and that you being home is good sign.

Sarah, that's great that Bayleigh is feeling better. Autie had a 4 week run of the runs when she was about 4m and nothing ever showed up - it is very frustrating isn't it?

Nicky, I forgot to mention you can also get baby probiotics at the chemist which Autie also takes for eczema and it helps along digestion too as a bonus. They aren't cheap but I feel they have helped a lot and it's easy to mix them with food or even just a little water as they have no taste. Also in the fridge

Actually Sarah, Bayleigh might benefit from those too. Just a thought.

Hi Jas Hope all is well at your place.

Congratulations on your job V. Hope it all works out - sounds nice and flexible and it's always good to be in on new things from the start.

Hi everyone else. BBL

Hi Ladies,

Well as I am feeling guilty at being so bad at personals I'm going to try hard so please forgive me if I miss you!

V, Hmm its wierd what your body can do hey? Congrats on the job! Do you think you will work 5days??

Sacha, Hi! Everything is going great here, Noah still has a bit of the cough left but its going! Just busy with everything planning his party too. On thurs night phil and I left Noah with mum so we could do some shopping with that and also over the weekend we got, 2 banners some hanging 1st birthday boy decoration things, a huge 1 helium balloon, 50 helium balloons and a tank all organised, a candle for his party and one for his actual birthday and also a couple of the things I will need for his cakes (am doing one for his bday and one for party)

We also bought for his gifts so far-

a bike (one with sunshade and straps to keep him in and the handle at the back that you can remove later)
    2 balls (a baseball size one and a soccer ball sized one)
    a wiggles dvd and a elmo dvd (first dvds for Noah)
    a puzzle
    a car shaped cushio/toy thing
    and this toy that makes music and has a stck with a handle (to walk along and push)

so we are pretty organised

I also got this Geotech i think its called awesome toy for only $20 marked down from $70 its not until 2.5years but was such a bargain i can store it until christmas 2009

Sarah, I'm glad Bayleigh is feeling his usual self again, Noah has a black eye atm he fell and hit the frame of the wardrobe on sat, the things that happen to our bubs hey!

Nicky, Yay on the wedding front!! I can't wait will be very exciting to see pics etc! Haven't seen you in the ttc threads lately, are you still planning on trying next month??

Mel, I'm so sorry to hear about Jack the poor little thing I really hope he is alright sin't feel bad either if you are!!! as I said Noah currently has a black eye and well he's had quite a few bruises etc in his life these things happen and we do our best to protect our beautiful kids but we aren't superhuman!! and hey being human means cuts and bruises etc

Jess, Sorry to hear about Ethan I hope he's a bit better now, have you decided if you are find ing out the gender? sorry if you already told us? I've only kinda skimmed through some of the last posts!!

Jan, that is a very sad story about and would be very hard with this pregnancy! How long are you planning on bf for?

Well just to add a bit more news Phil and I are now ttc no2!!! We are being very relaxed though I am taking notice of the length of my cycles on ff but not temping or anything like that very occasionally using maybe baby to and now dtd any more than usual got preg 2nd month off the pill with noah and the 1st month I don't think I ovulated so who knows we will see how it all goes!! It is very exciting as well as a little scary!!

Hi everyone!

Long time no post.....but I have been reading so I'm not falling behind!

Just wanted to say to Mel that I hope Jack is ok and that I hope it wasn't too serious of a burn. to you.

All is good here, Oliver is doing really well. Can't believe my baby boy will be one in a couple of weeks though, where did the time go?

Will try and post a bit more soon.

Raels. xo

O.K. Firstly, congrats V on the new job, that's sounds exactly like what you needed. Hopefully you and Jason can now start to de-stress. Has avaleigh cut all those teeth yet. Jack cut 4 at once as well its so not fare for them.

Sacha, thanks for the thoughts.

Sara, I'm glad that bayleigh is now o.k, poor little man.

Well, what a day. Poor little Jack is now fast asleep, and it's definately good news he is home. He burnt his hand on our BBQ today. We had him under running cold water straight away, which hopefully saved him from 3rd degree burns. He has his arm in a splint, all dressed up with this new burns dressing, that only needs to be changed every 3 days. He has at the moment 2nd degree burns to his fingers and his palm, but they think he might have 3rd degree burns on his palm . They won't know for sure until friday, once the burns have settled. His poor little hand was all swollen, and blistered. But he was a trooper, and didn't nudge at all when they cut all his skin away, to dress it, all though it might have been due to the 3 doses of childrens morphine they gave him. That part was a little funny, within 5 minutes of the 3rd dose, he went from screaming to saying birdie, birdie, birdie, I was just glad he wasn't in pain anymore.

Anyway, so hopefully it's just 2nd degree burns and he won't need a skin graph. Although hopefully it's even better than first thought on firday and he will be all better with a couple of weeks.

It's definately tought us, that when the BBQ is on, kids are inside no matter what. Even if you talk all precautions, it just takes a split second, and they can be in danger.

I just hope he doesn't pay in the long run for our stupid mistakes. .
    Last edited by Meluchja; June 23rd, 2008 at 09:11 PM.

Wow, I missed a few posts during my attempt of personals, so now some more.

Jas, yey on TTC no.2. That's the best news. Just what I needed for a pick me up. I can't wait to hear the good news. Sounds like Noah is going to love all his presents.

Raels, thank you so much for thinking of us. I'm glad to hear that Oliver is doing so well. I can't believe either that they will soon be 1, time has gone so quick. I was just saying to Jem the other day, that it only seems like yesterday that we were all sitting around discussing who would be next to go, lol.

Jem, speaking of which how did Jesse go?

Mel, when Lexxen was 11 months old he burnt both of his hands on the oven door, climbing up to standing. It was awful. Luckily they were only superficial burns but I will never forget the scream that came out of his mouth and me having to 'peel' his hands off the oven door - I had it turned up really high to preheat it fast - so I know how you must be feeling right now. We ended up spending 3 days in the hospital as they were worried about him getting an infection, and it needed to be dressed often. Hope Jack heals well, I'm sure he will.
    Last edited by razzle; June 23rd, 2008 at 09:22 PM.

Oh poor Lexxen, what a scare it must have been. I guess he is very lucky to have these new dressing on that only need to be changed every 3-7 days. They are some silver dressing that has little tiny tubes attached to an outer plug, that I drain with some fluid 3 times a day. The dressing when kept moist react with the silver and prevent infection and help to heal the wounds. They will change the dressing on friday, and will also then be able to tell how bad the burns are. Hopefully they will just need to be re-dressed without the splint (as Charlize is copping some mighty blows on her head) and he can come home again.

Anyway, I can't believe in 6 days he will be a big 1 year old. I'm looking forward to it now.

Hope everyone is well.

How is the new job V?

Hey everyone!

I've been meaning to get on here to post but have been busy organising stuff for the start of work. I have Avaleigh starting daycare on Monday. We are going in tomorrow to check out the centre and sign the enrolment papers. I have her going to an ABC centre and am really anooyed they are raising their day fees but there are only ABC centres around my area and Jason wants to pick Avaleigh up when he finishes work. I've called centrelink to see what sort of benefits I can get and they said to call back when I know how much I am earning. So I start the job on Monday and have told them I can do Monday, Tuesday and wednesday - its great how they are letting me do what I want. I did say if the position needs me to change hours, then I will - but hopefully it wont!

Mel - Oh no about Jack! How horrible - I hope that everything will be OK when you go and re-bandage on Friday. The big 1 year old!!! How exciting - they grow so quickly. How are all the party plans coming along? Avaleigh has two teeth totally cut through, the other two are taking their time but should be out soon - she is looking very lop-sided at the moment!!

Jas - YAY on the TTC!!! Lets hope you guys get it first go - how exciting!!! I would love to go down that journey again but am happy to wait a little bit longer. Those present sound cool! Noah is going to be spoilt Probably like all they kiddies will be!!

Sarah - great to hear that Bayleigh is all better.

Well I better be off. I have a class at the gym nice and early tomorrow. I dont know how I am going to manage getting myself and Avaleigh ready in the mornings - going to be interesting!

Well it seems everyone is busy...planning birthdays perhaps?
    Thought I'd just pop on for a minute while Autie sleeps. She is sleeping so well now and even putting herself to sleep which is a big thing for us I am getting things ready for her party on Sunday. We're having it a week early as Dan won't be here on the 6th. We are just having morning tea in the park as we have a few older children coming and our house isn't really set up to entertain them (plus it keeps them out of mischief in my house LOL) I think we have about 35 people coming which was a bit of a surprise -wasn't expecting so many and was just trying to keep it small and casual but more have accepted the text invite than I expected. We've been giving Autie the presents we bought for her early as I think she will have more than enough new things on Sunday.

Mel, how is Jack doing? These things happen so quick don't they? My friend's two yo recently pulled the iron down onto his face and got quite a bad burn out of it but he healed so well you can't even see it. She was mortified as she is fanatical about safety but they are quick little buggers sometimes. She was so down with herself but I told her (and it is true) that I would leave Autie with her anyday which is something I would say about very few people.

V - Good luck with all your preparations. A tip about daycare - name EVERYTHING! You'd be surprised (and frustrated with) how many things get 'lost'. Hope it all goes smoothly for the two of you.

Hi Raels, good to hear everything's going well with Oli. Have you taken him boating? If so, do you have any tips? We are thinking of taking Autie soon...I'm a bit nervous.

Wow Jas, you have your work cut out for you with Noah's birthday! Sounds like you are making a very special day for him with all those balloons - kiddy heaven LOL For number two! Hope it all happens quickly for you. How exciting.

And how is everyone else doing? Haven't heard from some of you in while.

Just quickly girls, just thought I'd pop in and let you know that my little man will need a skin grap next week. We have another dressing change on tuesday and they should know by then if not then on friday at our next one, when they will do the graph. They are just waiting for the superficial burns to start to heal.

We are trying not to beat ourselves up about this but it's just so hard. The doc. made it worse when he mentioned about wearing the pressure sock for 6-12 months and that it will probably need to be checked until he is 16. I know they need to inform you these things, but I wish they didn't. I'm trying to keep positive though. The lovely nurse told us something very reassuring and special I thought. She said we have to look at it, that having a skin gragh done is the best thing for him. It will help it heal the best it possibly can, with minimal scaring and hand movibility (sp?). I know she is right, but I just wish we didn't do this to him, he doesn't deserve it. But I know, positive thinking from now on, it's happened now and we jush have to focus on one appointment at a time, and not worry about something that might or might not have to happen down the track.

Sorry for the vent, I just had to get it out. Best be off, someone is very upset still.

Thanks ladies.

Oh Mel you are having a tough time but don't beat yourself up over it. It could just have easily been any one of us and you are a great mum. Thank goodness it is something that can be fixed and not something much, much worse. Small comfort, I know, but you still have him with you and that is a zillion times better than the alternative. Sending lots of positive healing fuzzies Jack's way

Mel, poor little Jack! And poor you. I guess maybe it's a good thing that the drs have a plan, and you can sort of get yourself organised around that. I was also thinking, and this is in no way meant to minimise the trauma of it all, but that having a burn on his hand is in some ways better than it being on his face or arms, where it's more noticeable to other kids & people as he grows up. At least on his hand it's not as likely to be the thing that people first notice about him iykwim.

V - well done on the new job, I hope it goes really well for you & that it turns into a permanent role. It's great that you were able to find a day care place for Avaleigh so quickly. It sucks about the fees though, I think that any benefit that we might have received from the latest federal budget has just gone out the window & into the pockets of the ABC owners.

Sacha - isn't it crazy how you think that you're going to have just a small birthday event, and then, ****, suddenly it's 30 or so people. We're the same, it was going to be small, but just with immediate family I'm already up to 15 people plus kids. You're very lucky having the option of going to the park for it though. I guess I have the option, but not sure that I want Liam sitting out in a cold, possibly wet park for his birthday party, the joys of Melbourne winters!

Jas - I always wanted to BF for 12 months, but what's surprised me is the complete lack of interest that Liam has in cutting back on any feed. It's starting to stress me a bit, cos I will need to go back to work by about October, and I have no idea how I'm going to get him to wean back to just a morning & night feed by that stage. If I was tough, then I'd just make him cut back, but I'm so not a tough mum, he just has to look at me & I give in. Although please don't tell him that!!

Nicky - BIG, HUGE, MASSIVE woo hoo for the long sleeps. It's been a few days since you posted that, but I so hope that you've had a few more. Last Sunday night I got from 12 until 7am, but he's been feral for the rest of the week, 3 or 4 times a night, so my head is truly done in at the moment. He's been a little bit snuffly, but it's not a bad cold, so we have no idea what his issue it. 2 nights ago I couldn't even put him into his bed, everytime I tried he'd scream the second his head hit the mattress & grab me to get back up. I tried to leave him to see if he'd settle down after a minute or so, but no...so that was an extremely long night. You are so organised with all your wedding stuff, it's ace.

Better go, have to have a clean up & a shower before 12, as my neighbour is bringing her little girl over to be babysat for a couple of hours. I know I've missed a few more personals, so will bbl to finish off, little people willing.

Huge hugs Mel!! Dont beat yourself up over it, things like this happen. Its good that something can be done to lessen the scaring and he'll be fine!! I am sure that when he is older he will made up some real awesome story about how he burnt himself!

Sacha - I hope Autie's party goes wonderfully on Sunday! Oh cool - I will be able to get some present ideas off you!! You have got to make sure you name everything she got afterwards cause I am in need of ideas. Thanks for the tip on naming everything, I better get on to that.

Jan - yeh tell me bout the budget!! I am so worried that we arent going to get anything from family assistance cause we will be earning too much. And I didnt get told until yesterday that the fee for babies is more than toddlers - thats bull$h!t if you ask me!

I need to fill out this 20 page book about Avaleigh and bring to the daycare today, such a mission! But I guess they want to know everything about her to keep her in the same routine. Jason is stressing that she is going to be left crying in the centre but I have told him they wont do that. When I was there, one of the babies made a little cry and was picked up right away. I know if there are any problems, they will call me.

And to make things a little bit more stressful in my life, my (old) work has emailed me saying that they are happy for me to return back part time and will call to discuss my availability - AHH!! Just what I need. I've written my resignation letter and am sending it to them today or tomorrow. I decided that I am going to start fresh and new and make my new position work out. Plus the new position is giving me way more than my old company could ever give me!

Well better go and fill out this daycare stuff.

bye!!

Hi Jan! Thanks for your reply

We have had about 8 nights of 12 hours + sleeping here now, so I am begining to think it's not just a phase. I don't know where it has come from. Not breastfeeding at all anymore, but I doubt it's formula that's making him sleep. I guess it may be because for 2 nights a few weeks ago, I decided not to feed him between 10pm and 5am... unless we were deperate. It seems to have worked very well!
    I cannot wait to put him in his own room. Once it gets warmer

OH the Lachie front, he has now started walking. I know it's late compared to some of the others here, but then again, he is a fair bit younger than some. So he' s walking at not quite 11 months. Pretty exciting!

Nicky, that sleeping sounds ace, and definitely not like a temporary thing. How did Lachie react when you stopped feeding him overnight? Any tips you've got would be great! I've tried it a couple of times with Liam, but he goes seriously mental - I'm surprised that you can't hear him he yells about it so much. So I've given in & continue to feed him back to sleep.

And wow for the walking, how exciting. It's still "early" to be doing it before he turns 1, I think the "average" is more like 13 months. We're still at the cruising stage, although he has taken to pushing a little trolley thing along, which he thinks is pretty cool.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast