Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July - September 2005

Default Babies Born July - September 2005

This thread is for parents who's babies were born in July to September 2005.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous threads are here - JULY and AUGUST

Thanks from me too This will make it a bit easier to keep a track of!

Hi Girls, just waiting for the oct-dec thread to come up..just wanted to say it was nice to meet you today..however brief and muddled the meeting!! and hope to see you round on BB!! Good luck with your pregnancys and Enjoy your new thread!!
    xxoo

Hi, I didnt venture far today so missed most of the confusion...

Hope to meet you all...

To my brief July-December BB sisters, it was lovely getting to know you all! *LOL* Will look forward to chatting more over the next few months. hehe

Hi Everyone

Well Maria has started swimming lessons again today, she did have them when she was about 6 months old, but she got bronchiolitus and sick from Child care etc that I put them of until now. She seemed to go ok, but the water was a bit too cool, next week it should be a bit warmer. Gee she slept well afterwards.

Hi!

Wow new format! May take some getting used to. We were certainly in our comfort zone and chatting about all sorts of private ins and outs in our July group. It will be challenging for me to keep up with everyone's news..how many of us are there now?

Things are busy for me. I'm well into my second pregnancy, am studying Danish (formerly from Sydney I now live in Copenhagen with my Danish Husband DH hehe - Mik), and we're about to move into our first house in 2 weeks time!

Everything is going well with Al. He is in day care every week day from 9-3. He has been going in increasing periods of time since he was 15 months old. This is considered very late over this part of the world! Most kids have started by the time they are 9-10 months and parents are back at work full time. Anyway now that he's there, I'm very happy with the decision as he seems to enjoy himself and the interactions that he has there.

So thats a bit of an intro. Carry on. :-)

Wow girls ..not sure how we are going to keep up with all the personals now there are so many of us! .How exciting!.

Kaitlyn only slept 20 mins yesterday at daycare ..arghhh...I just dont thing at 15mths she can survive on that amount of sleep ....mmm. But I know she likes it there as she blow kisses to EVERYONE as we leave, so that makes me happy.

I am sick today with some kind of Cough / Cold so I am really looking forward to getting back home today. Should be a fairly busy day unfortunately as we have the Big Wig here from the USA.

I am excited as I sold my first two items on ebay!!! hahaha silly I know ..but the clean up is about to begin!. I am going to sell some stuff we just dont need and make some money we just do hehehe.

Trace ...I had not replied early to your accident post...man oh man ...I would have done the same as you babe. You just cant put your family at risk . I cant even imagine how it all made you feel .

Ok ..better run as I am booking DH and I in for a Childrens First Aid course...long overdue so want to get moving!.

I look forward to getting to know our new extended group

Howdy everyone!!!
    Thanks Cass, it was a scary situation, just glad by the time the Ambo's arrived the girl was speaking!!! (previous thread).

Indah is walking heaps more now too Daddy his can of beer last night all the way from kitchen to loungeroom.. hee hee
    Maddy is loving school, so tht's another thing I dont have to worry about... I forgot to bring lunch in to work & am already starving, so i think It'll be a 11:30 Red Rooster run!!!!

Hope Kelsey enjoys the break at child care Kate.. I hope your days back at work arent too bad for you...

Deb, Hi...

Louise, I hope Maria enjoys her swimming, I know when we take the girls to a friends pool Indah loves it!!!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

OOooh hi again everyone. I guess we need to start again now, lol.

Rae- Oh I'm sorry to hear about poor little Tia's heart, thank goodness she won't need surgery straight away. Still scary though I'm sure. I'm glad that things are going well though, and that she's kicking up a storm in there

Oooooh, this is tricky trying to remember everyone, please forgive me if I miss anyone out.

Brooke- Hooray you found us and yep you're in the right spot. Hope everyone else can find us. Awwwwwwwwww at your wedding hun, I say whenever there's bickering around a wedding, elope! Definitely, will save you so much pressure.

Kate- Good luck with going back to work next week, have you tried Ry on the bottle yet?

Louise- I hope Maria enjoys her swimming. My son Jonah (19 months) LOVES his swimming classes. We are just about to go back now that the holidays are over.

Not much going on here. We're off to Sydney on Tuesday (driving up) to see Ben's (DH) family and to see LIttle Britain Live. We got tickets to see it up there so we could take his youngest sister with us, so that was her Chrissy present from us. We'll be away until the 17th, so I'm hoping I will be able to catch up once I get back. I think I wil read and maybe not do personals, lol, I think I'd be here forever and not sure if I could even make a post that long, hehehehehe. Looking forward to seeing some of you girls when I'm up there

Hi all, I think my posts got lost at the beginning of the huge thread... quickly before I add more later. Those of my July girls (and anyone else if you're really interested) who are wanting to come and see Viv skate. Her times have been changed again! Now its 3.20pm Satruday and 9.30am Sunday morning. Sunday will be the more entertaining. If anyone wants to come I'll email you the details. pls post or email me on [email protected] if you want more details

Hi everyone. I like this new smaller big group lol. Looking forward to getting to know you all and keeping up with the August chickies too.

Sorry selfish post....I posted in the BF etc thread about NEd. Ahhhh more stress. I hate that MCHN, she has made me feel like the worse mum in the world for exercising when it is the first time in like 3 years I've done something for myself - literally. Anyway enough about me....waiting for Lucie to wake so i can take Ned to the docs. Definately lots of pressure for more tests to find out what's wrong. My poor little man is fading away. Ahhhh no one tells you how tough motherhood can be sometimes

Awww Soph, what seems to be the matter with Ned?

I love how there are so many people in this thread from other threads I know. I'll get to know you even better now!

Hi Rach. Hope the itti bitti is going well
    Ned was sick before Christmas - UTI and kidney abscess and hospital for IV ABs. No he is losing weight/not wanting to feed. MCHN is a real pain in the backside! We're off to paed Wednesday and having more tests to work out whats wrong. But it's not like he's hungry and can't get the milk from me. I just offered him some formula for the first time ever after the last BF and he wasn't interested at all.
    Makes me think
    a) He isn't starving
    b) He doesn't like formula
    c) it's something else causing weight loss and not my milk
    d) I'll keep on breastfeeding
    e) the midwife can go and eat her bottom for all I care!

So that's my life at the moment LOL. HOw is Blake going?

Soph, Blake's fine, growing and gettting even more clever each day. He's still not much of a talker and sometimes uses sign language when he really needs to say something. He's discovering though that socially it's easier to talk so I think he'll pick up on his speech now that playgroup is back.

As for the itti bitti - it's one of my favs. I'm so sorry it wasn't good for you but happy all the same IYKWIM! he even got pasta sauce on it the other day - bright orange of course - and it came out in the wash. I do have to say, I love my itti bitti!

Did you know that you don't have to go to your assigned MCHN. I was having issues with mine and was told by the Lactation Consultant who was also a MCHN that I could change. I didn't in the end as it was really only bothering around the time when my dad died so I was super emotional anyway, but it's good to know.

Kate, wow at going back to work! You're a champion. I'm so glad your M&D are close by and that they'll have the girls. I hope it all goes well for you honey. *hugs* Good luck with the take a break care!

Tracey! LOL @ Indah taking DH a beer. I think Blake would try to drink it if we asked him! And I'd never be able to tell him to take food to DH. He'd eat it on the way! or run in the opposite direction! What was the story of the accident? I missed it in the other thread. Sorry, being a nosy parker! How was the Red Rooster?

Bec, I bet you're looking forward to Little Britain now that it's so close. I hope Jonah is good for you in the car. Have you done any long distance travel with him before? Have a great time!

Oh I feel like the worst mother in the world, Maria walked into the litchen as I was opening the fridge (Fridge top, freezer bottom thing) and the corner od the fridge hit her near her eye, it is not bruising or anything but she cried for ages.

Ok just a quick, Hi and will get back later properly. This is all over the place isnt it???
    Hi Im Vanita and I have 4 kidlets, Tahlia and Lakeisha Identical twins 8 yrs old, Rianna is 3 and Dion is 18 mths.

Soph DO NOT STOP BF, no matter who tells you what. my youngest have had " failure to thrive" issues, all caused by somthing else, I still BF . The twins til 14 mths Rianna til 16 mths Dion quit on me at 12 mths

Kate, hiya lovey sorry we missed you yest.

Rach, I would like to come if DH and I are free, will email ya.

Hi there to all the girls I dont know - will get to know you soon, when I dont have to rush off and cook dinner LOL

OH dear Soph I hope Neddy is OK.
    I feel lost, as it has changed again!!
    So HI everyone!! I will get to know you all soon, DH has just gone back to work & I am getting alot of odd jobs done
    Zac is having a tanty,

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast