Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2005 # 2

Just a quick one. Maggie has her first tooth!!! This explains her crabbiness all week and I thought it was just due to her having a cold. She is much happier since I gave her some Brauers.

Hello all!

I don't know how many of you are still here from when i used to post in pregnancy topics (and even ttc - seems like forever ago now!), but i went MIA for oh about 8 months! Sorry about that - i get a little lost with keeping up with these threads, if i don't get to read it everyday there's so much to catch up on!

A few familiar names - Brookey, Astrid, Belmarks, Heather, Stormi! Wow i can't believe all our little bumps are now so big and starting to walk/talk! Not that Evan is doing either of them!! But he has started crawling and he loves to stand up with support. He makes loads of noises but nothing coherant!!

He was a perfect baby from the start (aren't they all in our eyes?! lol) he slpet 10-11 hours from 6 weeks and was always really easy to settle to sleep at nights. The day sleeps were a different matter - for the first 3 months he never slept during the day except on my lap, in the pram, or the sling. But one day he just suddenly decided to do the 2 hours up, 1 hour down thing. Since 6 months he chose to bring back the 2am feed which i think was a bit of a rude shock for me!! He'll sometimes sleep through that, but still sometimes he'll need it.

Started solids Christmas week. He loved the rice cereal but it took a few weeks to get him to eat veggies. he'll happily eat most things now - his favourites are banana, peaches, broccoli, pumkin, sweet potato, and avacado. He also loves custard and yoghurt. Haven't tried any meats yet!

Evan is a big chubby bubby with lots of rolly polly bits which i absolutely adore!! He has always been a happy bubbly baby with lots and lots of smiles and giggles, and he does a big belly laugh now which is sooooo infectious! He's just adorable of course!!

Sorry for the long post, but i thought i'd give you an update, and i hope you don't mind me slotting back in?! Now we have a bit more of a routine going i'm going to try to keep up!

Linds (and Evan)

PS CONGRATULATIONS BROOKEY on your ENGAGEMENT!! Was it a romantic proposal? When's the wedding?!!!!! That's fantastic news!!

belmarks Guest

Hey Linds, how are you? Thanks for popping back in, good to hear all about Evan too, sounds like he's a little champion. Its all good fun isn't it, I mean there are moments, but on the whole its great fun!!

Thanks for joining us and hopefully we can keep up to date with our bubs from now on...

Coby is going really well, he's got another tooth, so two in total now. Its been ok with the teething, ok to handle I mean, but poor little fella, I just hope he gets a break from it for a little bit, its been just awful for him....

Anyway, I must go and cook some dinner so I can then sit back and relax. Catch up with you all real soon.....

lozi Guest

Max has started walking!!!!!! \/ and he is so proud of himself

As for the sleep thing Max has been waking once a night, we put him to sleep in his cot then when he wakes usually about 3am we tuck him in our bed and he sleeps till 6am. was trying to get him to sleep in his own cot full night but wasnt working. at least this way we all get some sleep

brooke- the proposal sounds beautiful ..congratulations again ! and good luck with the prac, I am supposed to be returing to work in 3 week but not sure what to do.. it is doing my head in.

would love to post a photo of max for you to see but wouldnt have a clue how to do it

Astrid- so wonderful that maggies tooth came through. max is still all gums but seems like he has quite a few just under the surface, poor thing is really suffering . hope they come through soon

hi Bel- hope those bottom teeth of cobys come through soon :>

hey Linds- Evan sounds gorgeous!
    [/b]

Stormi Guest

Hi all,

How is everyone and all the bubs? Thought I'd pop on and post - Cooper and I are fighting LOL (Cooper is my almost 7 year old). He's always been very....what's the word....opinionated? Overly assertive..thinks he knows best...lol...anyway, we just had a fight about his homework, because instead of doing it last night he said "I'll do it tomorrow" and so he has twice as much to do today and of course he stuffs around instead of doing it and then yells at me like it's my fault he has so much work to do and then he goes on and on and doesn't listen to me so that I end up losing my temper. So I grabbed all his homework books and threw them on another table and told him I'd write a letter to his teacher saying that he refuses to do his homework...LOL, that worked coz he went and snatched them up again and said "I'm going to do my homework no matter what!" and now he's not talking to me LOL.

Lozi - wow at Max walking already. My boys both walked at 10 months, that was soon enough for me. I wished they'd walk later coz when they are still so little they don't really have much common sense or idea of dangers etc, whereas if they are 12 months or older they understand a bit more.

Linds - welcome back! Nice to hear from you again, of course you are more than welcome to rejoin us.

Brooke - ooh, engagement, I must have missed that post! Congratulations! Awwwwww, how cute, when you get married you can have Maya as flowergirl!

Well, Makenzie has started to do this sort of caterpillar crawl all over the place now. It's sort of like commando crawling but she moves both arms in unison rather than one at a time. So I've been madly babyproofing and vaccuuming all the spots that never get vaccuumed today. She's been inching herself around for a while but never this much or at this speed lol. Cracks me up, it's so funny.

She just cut a top tooth the other day, too.

Darn, she's upset about something so better go. Besides, Cooper's abandoned his homework and has joined his brother outside for a bug hunt, so better go and tell him to get inside without it turning into an all out brawl LOL.

lozi Guest

hey Lisa,
    you are so right about it being better for them to start walking later and i have the same concerns about him hurting himself but hopefully he will be ok

cooper and mackenzie sound gorgeous

lozi Guest

Hey Brooke,
    Hope all is going well with your prac and Maya. It must have been hard to be forced to do your prac at this stage but good on you for getting through it. It is so hard when you get upset and they do to. keep strong you are doing a great job!
    I am not sure what i am going to do about work, not sure if i am ready to leave max just yet and will have to sort out who will look after max. who looks after maya when you are at prac? I am going to speak to work today UGH.. let you know how it goes

Not sure if it easier now that max is walking.. more like a bit of an uncoordinated stagger really. he keeps falling over and bumping into things i am a bit worried he will hurt himself so have had to get a play pen to put him in while i do my extra baby proofing

Stormi Guest

Lozi - that is one of the problems when they start to walk - they get a bit of momentum behind them and then their little legs can't stop quick enough and they just crash into things and stuff.

I'll try and put some new photos up on Makenzie's website tomorrow, I've taken a lot of pics over the last couple of days.

LOL, I have these dangly earrings that I wear all the time and Makenzie is obsessed with them. Anyway, if I'm holding her she is always grabbing them - luckily she's pretty gentle and hasn't ripped my earlobes in half - but last night she was standing on my lap and kept trying to get them them and I'd turn my head and say "No, they're none of your business" and then she'd grab my nose and turn my head back so she could get them. It's so funny (not for my nose though, coz she grabs it hard).

lozi Guest

finally spoke to work about coming back which is kind of a relief because it was really stressing me out. they were better than i expected and said if i want to come back part time i can or if i want to extend my mat leave till june i can do that too .. think i caught my boss in a good mood

i am still not sure what to do .. but have told them will let them know next week after DH gets back from o/s

brooke know what you mean about play pen i am having the same problem with max

Lisa- cant wait to see the new photos

hope you and bubs are all good

Stormi Guest

Well I have a heap of new photos up on Makenzie's webpage (just click my www link thing below). A couple of the boys, too. Poor boys, I take a heap of Makenzie and a couple of the boys lol. I should try and take some more of the boys. I guess coz they don't change all that much, whereas Makenzie is learning new things all the time that I want to take photos of and her looks keep changing too. Might take some photos of the boys now while they are fighting over Pokemon cards LOL.

Miss Makenzie had chicken today for the first time - thought I'd better start introducing some meats. Chicken looks disgusting after it's been minced up in the food processor - like someones chewed it up and spat it back out LOL. She loved it though, had it with pumpkin.

Grrr, she's having a hissyfit over something, better go,

lozi Guest

hey Lisa

love the photos! mackenzie and the boys are gorgeous! I have to try and set up a site with photos.. I am so hopeless when it comes to these things

katie101 Guest

Default New Mum

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Katie, my daughter Mayson was born 8/6/2005.

Hope it's ok for me to join in, I am a stay at home mum and have finally just got the internet connected so I am a happy woman!

Katie

lozi Guest

Katie- Welcome to bb great to have you here! Mayson is gorgeous O My son max was born 15/6/05. looking forward to chatting

Brooke- whatever you are doing is working with maya at least for now anyway with max just when i think i worked it out he changes on me.. funny how they do that. That is so great she has been waking once a night.. if you have any suggestions send them my way .. i need any help i can get LOL. I am have a look at photobucket now.. thanks for the tip O

Hi everyone else !!

lozi Guest

Brooke- i have anxieties about leaving max too. i have only left him with my mum so far and MIL is very jealous but she is a bit crazy anyway but that is another story. i think my anxieties are what is making my decision about work so hard. I think you are being very strong even though you are finding it hard. I hope things get better for you soon

lozi Guest

Finally started to get some photos up on photobucket when my camera ran out of battery so will have to put up more recent photos later O

Brooke- felt like the solids were helping settle but then he started waking again.. but he has a little tooth coming through down the bottom finally.. you can just see the tip so maybe that explains the waking??

I havent been able to leave max over night yet.. have been using the fact that am BF as excuse not to, though kind of would like to in a way.But then just feel like i cant and find it too stressful
    You are right about people respecting your wishes when they look after them, my mum does but my MILS dont and that is what stresses me out more than anything about the thought of leaving max with them or anyone else for that matter

we just got a new pc so havent downloaded msn on it yet but have added it to my signature and will try and do it tomorrow but am off to bed now for some much needed sleep zzzzzzz. Thanks for your support.. it helps knowing that you are not the only one O

lozi Guest

oh Brooke- forgot to say i put max to sleep by either giving him a cuddle, feeding him or lying down with him.

Stormi Guest

Hi guys,

I think it's quite normal with a first baby to be anxious about leaving them, especially overnight. You get this idea in your head that no-one else is as capable as you are to look after them and then worry about them the whole time.

I tell ya though, wait till you're up to your third child and then you'll be ushering them all out of the door for a break LOL.

First time I left Makenzie overnight was when DH and I went away and that was for TWO nights, but I coped pretty well. Missed the kids a lot but not enough to make me want to come back home early LOL.

Brooke - you anxiety at leaving Maya just shows how much love you have for her. It will get easier, just stay strong.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast