Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #9

Default Babies Born in June 2006 #9

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in June 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

Name: Emishka
    State: ACT
    DOB: 1.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 3620g ( around 8lb I think), Length - 48cm, Head - 34cm

Babyname: Caitlyn May
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Trying to get this feeding thing right....

Name: Amanda3
    State: QLD
    DOB: 2.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 7lb 4oz (3310g), Length - 53cm, Head - 34cm
    Babyname: Cody Lincoln
    Notes: Feeds and sleeps like a trooper

Forum Name: Sara
    Baby's DOB: 5 June 2006
    Baby's Stats: 8pound 3ounces, 51cm, 31cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Briley Jean Harvey
    Notes: WE LOVE HER!!!!

Name: Jaspen
    State: NSW
    DOB: 06/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 8lb (3638g); Length – 53cm; Head – 35cm
    Babyname: Samuel Ashton
    Health concerns: none thankfully
    Notes: such a little guts (200g weight increase in 3 days) !!!!

Name: Gabysmum
    State: WA
    DOB: 07/06/06
    Stats: Weight: 9lbs 12 ozs Length: 58 cm Head: 36 cm
    Baby name: Alexander Ivan aka Alex
    Notes: Big boy adored by older sister.

Name:Neeny
    DOB: 8.6.06
    Stats: Weight - (3140g – about 6 pounds), Length – 52cm , Head – 34.5cm
    Babyname: Aleise Irene
    Notes: sleeps too much and doesn’t eat enough in one sitting!

Name: simone
    State: VIC
    DOB: 9th June 2006
    Stats: Weight - 3lb 11oz (1680g) Length - 30cm, Head - 28cm
    Babyname: Anneliese Bethany
    Health Concerns: None... fingers crossed
    Notes: Born prem, due to infection in my uterus... APGARS of 8&9, breathed
    on her own; suffered from jaundice for 2 weeks after birth, came home at 27
    days old. Readmitted 3 weeks later to the Childrens with bronchiolitis and
    apnoea, admitted to ICU. then developed pneumonia. Spent 2 week in hospital.
    Is finally home, where she belongs...
    __________________________________________________ __

Name: *Jo*
    DOB: 09/06/06
    Stats: Weight - 8lb 14oz (4020g), Length - 50.5cm, Head - 35.5cm
    Babyname: Freya Jean
    Notes: Repeat elective c/s @ 38wks

Name: littlerigger
    State:
    ACT
    DOB: 11/06/06
    Stats: Weight -8lb 3oz, Length - 53cm, Head - 36cm
    Babyname:
    Ryan Vaughn
    Notes: farts & burps like daddy!

Name: Roryrory
    State: Vic
    DOB: 11.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 3905 ( 8lb 9oz), Length - 52cm, Head - 36cm
    Babyname: Flynn
    Health Concerns: Nil

Name: enigma
    DOB: 13.06.2006
    Stats: Weight 3220 grams Length - 50cm, Head Circ.- 36cm
    Babyname: Aneta Klaudia

Notes: Has my double chin and chubby cheeks

Name: Bathsheba
    State: Vic
    DOB: 13/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 9lb 0oz (4080g); Length – 52cm; Head – 35cm
    Babyname: Niall Atticus
    Health concerns: none
    Notes: Induced at 38wks due to Cholestasis of pregnancy. Birth attended by Kelly Zantey.

Name: Dee78 (donna)
    DOB:14.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 7lb 5oz (3310g), Length - 51cm Head - 36cm
    Baby's name: Lachlan Roy
    Health concerns:
    Notes: very unsettled, doesnt like to sleep anywhere but mum or dads chest!!

Name: Nickel
    DOB: 16/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 6lb 6oz (2.9g); Length – 42cm; Head – big enough thanx!
    Babyname: Ruby Jago
    Health concerns: only after birth, but we're good now.
    Notes: Breastfeeding actually works this time.

Name: IK
    State: VIC
    DOB: 19/06/06
    Stats: Weight 3.47kg, Length 47cms, Head Circ 34cms
    Sex: Male
    Babyname: Oscar William
    Notes: HypnoBirth&Waterbirth, relaxed baby so far, waking to feed and
    sleeping when not feeding! Co-sleeping and exclusively breastfeeding.

Name: Our 7th Heaven
    DOB: 19/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 7lb 9oz (3.44kg); Length – 55cm; Head – 35cm
    Babyname:Nathan Xavier
    Health concerns: No all's well here
    Notes: He's a natural booby boy and a right little guts.

Name: #karen#
    DOB: 22.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 7lb 14oz (3580g), Length - 50.5cm Head - 34.5cm
    Babyname: Nathan John
    Health concerns: Talipes
    Notes: So far, so good - feeds and sleeps well

Name: Ali25
    DOB: 23rd June 2006
    Stats: Weight - 8lb 2 Oz (3700g), Length - 53cm, Head - 36cm
    Babyname: Tori Rose
    Notes: BFing well and starting to settle nicely

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread found HERE

Love

cool first in!

Candy how rude.... i cannot beleive both people made such rude remarks to you......
    Im glad u said what u did to that guy though! and the teen chick... well one day she might be going through the same thing and think back to when she was an inconsiderate rude little b*** to mothers and finally come to her sences!

one day i went to the shops and within 50mtrs i had 2 different ppl walk right into the pram because the were not looking where they were going. and so many times ppl just cut right in front of u then come to a holt! the shops are there for everyone to share ppl come on!

Yeah I'm first again?.... need to get a life LOL

I'm walking between the 2 boys trying to get them to nap... both need one... been doing it for the last hour... back and forth back and forth... as soon as one calms down the other starts... when's my lunch hour? geeze, if you told an office worker that they had to work without knowing when their break was going to be they'd quit! I can hear Wade off his bed now... better get back to it!

Oh though candy: yep, nice huh? People like that have beaten me into being a very nervous shopper. I stay right away from other shoppers legs as much as I can. People like that will never have any sympathy for your situation as a mother. They will never understand... you could have had the worst day, sleepless night and just been told that your best friend is dying from cancer.... and they will still snap at you... lovely hey? Why don't people try to just be a little understanding and give others the benefit of the doubt? It depresses me too... in the end I just just feel sorry for them I guess... they are dead souls.

littlerigger Guest

thanks girls. I was just amazed. If matt was with me I know he would have flipped

Cee_Cee99 Guest

OMG Candy - that is sooo rude. I just don't understand some people. Actually I feel sorry for them that they are so wrapped up in their own insignificant lives that they can not extend compasion for another living soul. Try to not let it upset you honey, they obviously have HUGE problems.. PS I have to say how jealous I am of Ryan's strong neck, he look so good on his little mat! Ally is a shocker! I've only just started to do 'tummy time' (she hates it).

Baths - I don't know how you do it with three! I know Verity is at school, but she still needs lunch packed and your time after school.. you definately have your hands full.

Nic - Mum's 60th is in December. We are buying her (and Dad) tickets for The Australian Outback Spectatular (that horse riding thing at Sea World which has been advertised on TV). She will love it, horses are her WHOLE world and they only live 4 hours from the Gold Coast. What are you buying your MIL?

Personal question for you gals: are any of you experiencing difficulty down there DTD? I feel very umm.... tight, and I was wondering if this gets better? I thought it would be ummm... well, you know, loose? Maybe my stiches were too tight? Gawd, such an embarrasing question, but if I can't ask you all, who can I ask!!!!
    Last edited by Cee_Cee99; September 6th, 2006 at 02:41 PM.

littlerigger Guest

cee cee - Ryans been like that from very early. he loves tummy time which is a blessing I think. I started it nice & early because he seemed to like it. Ally will get there when she's ready

Bath - I hope the boys go down sweetly soon. ryan doesn't sleep much at all during the day. 2 x 30 minute sleeps at best. but he sleeps through at night so I won't complain.

Nic - maybe we should make pram bull bars?? we'd make a killing!!

Hey Candy your scrapbooking pages are AWESOME! dont think mine are that good. have u been doing it for long?
    Ive just started with Nixon so i guess over time i will become more creative! where do u get your idea's?
    NFI what to get MIL for her 60th! any idea's!

littlerigger Guest

nic, thanks, made me blush. the ones online are my digital attemps. I ony started that about 2 weeks ago. My "normal" pages aren't up. I just go with what i like. Matts mum teaches scrapping but the only thing i get out of that is cheaper supplies lol.

there are a few good sites for ideas. if you want them, drop me an email

CeeCee: Actually Verity has been packing her own lunch since she was about 7yo... makes her own sandwiches or noodles in a thermos. The only thing I have to do for her is wash her uniform... she polishes her own shoes etc. I've deliberately raised her to be as independant as possible and it helped when she was younger (when I was working with children) to learn from my colleagues exactly what chores children are capable at what age. We had 2 yo's wiping up spills and washing their own fruit plates for example. It's just my opinion but I think mothers generally do too much for their children. I think you are doing them a greater service in teaching them to be independant and supporting their efforts as they are learning to do their jobs... this takes a lot of patience but it ends up being a win/win situation... these days I know that I can stay in bed feeding Niall and that Verity is doing everything that she needs to do to get herself off to school. Usually all I see of her in the mornings is a flash as she gives me a kiss on her way out the door! She walks to school too. I'm very proud of her... lucky she is popular at school because her friends think it's very strange that she does so much (housework etc) and the other parents probably think I'm lazy or something but that's not something for me to worry about too much.

Wade didn't end up having a nap... guess he'll just have to go to bed earlier tonight. He's watching Sesame Street now... at least he's no being silly anymore.

HEy candy... when i go shopping, i have a 3wheel pram with aa toddler seat on, and my 3yo holding on, and i have learnt that I DONT CARE what people think. Its easier for them to move out of the way then us to go around them. Im so sick of people in the shops im starting to get a perverse pleasure out of running into them... Does that make me a bad person *evil laugh*

Rude people in shopping malls : Run em' over I say. Actually, I reckon we should feel sorry for them - they are obviously very cold people without the love of a little bubba in their lives - otherwsie they would understand.

How's this for rude - woman in mothers group today told us she was asked to leave a cafe in Little Bourke Street, Melbourne, because she was BF. Apparently it was "against their policy". Unfortunate thing is she couldn't remember which one it was - I was going to go in their and feed then read them the riot act (or the Sex Discrimination Act, more to the point). In case you gals aren't aware, and get faced with the same treatment :

"A mother's right to breastfeed is protected by the federal Sex Discrimination Act, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, marital status, pregnancy and potential pregnancy. The Act also makes clear that discrimination because a woman is breastfeeding (or expressing) is regarded as sex discrimination because it is clearly a characteristic of women." (from the HREOC website)

Ceecee, re: DTD. I fount the site of my stitch was tight and tender but just varied position till I found something more comfy. One of the women in our mothers group hasn't DTD for five months due to discomfort, so you are not alone if still a little sore.

Best go - been at mothers group all day (11am til 3pm) - we have joked we need to meet for breakfast. Better get some housework done, otherwise my Grand Plan of Getting Everything Done while DH is away will be foiled.....

ciao bellas

Hey rory, lets go breastfeed at every one until we find out which one it is... I breastfeed everywhere, but i do cover up, not because i care about my boobs, but because some people do fee a lil uncomfortable around breastfeeding mums. Where abouts do you go to mums group? Im in Tullamarine and been trying to find one for ages... Bit lonely

Thanks Rory... I should print that (riot act) out and keep a copy in my wallet. I haven't been told not to BF yet but half expect it sometimes... although it's not that hard to be discreet. LOL at whipping out the Medela pump though in a cafe!!! *chortle!* Imagine the kind of reaction you would get to that!

CeeCee: even though i didn't tear or have stitches i do actually feel quite tight down there... strange huh? Was the same with the others... I also expected to be looser but it's not always the case. Only the standard missionary position is comfortable for me ATM. And yes, if you can't ask us who can you ask! I certainly don't discuss this at PlayGroup! LOL

ETA: missed your last post Simone: LOL! Can I join your BFing cafe search! hahahha... I thought the same thing when I read about that too!

Candy what rude people, my DH would be the same and said something to both of them.

CeeCee I also didn't tear, but was a bit tighter then before. I think like Bath said you just have to find a possy that is comfortable until things go back to normal.

Everything is good here, Kailen has a school excursion tomrrow at the botanical gardens which will be fun for him. Wyatt fell out of his high chair this afternoon after he finished afternoon tea and hit the coffee table and split his head open only bled a little but freaked me out heaps.

Ok got to go food shopping now will be back later.

hugs xoxo

Umm, I was recently told a story by a friend who got into a scrap with a security guard a few years back at Chadstone because the guard went up to a woman in the food court and told her it was unacceptable. Lucky for her my friend saw what was happening and took his other tradie friend over and told him in no uncertain terms to get the hell away from her and to leave her alone. It really IS a pity that she can't remember which cafe it was because the ABA likes to know about these establishments Also, a tip to the media is in order for that sort of behaviour - how disgusting! I have so much more of an appreciation for women I saw BFing before I was pregnant. The more we see it, the more it won't cause a flurry.
    As for malls, I avoid these at the best of times (and am planning to knock over my Christmas shopping at the local markets in advance of December), but I now fuse what I know of both worlds and I find I get a lot more consideration for it. I AM bulkier if I bring a pram (have only done it 3 times, though, cos I prefer to carry Oscar in the HAB), so I keep an eye out for people around me. It IS annoying to have someone with a pram just barrel through and hope everyone keeps out of their way (umm, I nearly got done today by a couple of other mums with prams who just didn't care, obviously), so if I see the floor space narrowing I will hang back and wait for people to get through before I go. Today I was actually allowed, in return, to go through first! It's a matter of anticipation and consideration. I do NOT assume I'll get consideration from anyone else, especially as I remember all to clearly my pre-baby days when you don't notice prams till it's too late, cos they are just not part of your reality. It's like motorbikes on roads - unless you ride or are interested in bikes then you just don't consider them when you do lane changes, do you? I notice them cos I like bikes, not cos I'm a superior driver who considers all road users! So, knowing that childless people are not going to be in the frame of mind to anticipate pram traffic, I try to get in first. If I clip anyone (and I did today), then I make sure they hear my apology. However, if someone bumps me and I'm WEARING Oscar, I get mad cos it means they don't mind bowling through people at close range and think they are more important than anyone else in the centre! It's happened...
    Oscar's first train ride was good. Weather didn't keep us down and I got home to a house with a fire going! Baby Bunting couldn't help me with my buggy (will wait to get to NZ to get the bits and pieces from the country of origin), but I got a spare change mat for my bag while I was there, went to see people at work who I'd missed on my previous trips and headed home again.
    Tired now, and hungry. I dont' think my slow cooking lamb necks will be ready in time for DP, who will go to the fire station tonight. I'm tempted to go again tonight, but I may stay home and bath Oscar and go to bed .
    Oscar is still asleep in the HAB from the train!

IK: I tend to agree with everything you said about being a pram driver. The responsibility lies with both sides. I'm sure Candy wasn't being an aggressive pram driver but there are lots of parents who are. No doubt they are being aggressive because they are sick to death of people getting in their way and being oblivious to their presence but it's a bit like the chicken and the egg question: which came first?

I've been a pram driver for over a decade and occassionally suffer foul looks from the general public obviously because they have encountered too many aggressive pram drivers and just assume I'm another one. So I'm keen to prove them wrong and go out of my way to smile and thank people who step out of my way. Hopefully by this small gesture I will save another pram user from the kind of rudeness candy had to deal with today.

just realised i may have appeared to be saying that Candy was a kamikaze pram driver!
    Not so! I also meant to say that if I were to cop attitude after I'd anticipated my movements, then it's not my problem cos I've done my bit.
    oooh, lamb neck slow cook turned out not bad!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast