Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #11

Oooh I was just in another thread and there's this new thing! A little indicator under how many posts you've done which broadcasts what kind of mood you are in!!! LOL

Gonna find out more...

Afternoon all,
    I have just emailed some photo's from our photo shoot the other day.
    Went and did my mother and baby aqua aerobics class today, was wuite good but not terribly challenging, I might go a couple more time but I dont know if I will make it a regular thing, but it was nice to do osmething different.
    I talked to a friend of mine today and she was saying that her 4 week old godson died of SIDS last week- it was so hearbreaking and incredible how close to home. It is one of those thigns that you think of as happening to someone else but not to you.
    I am off tomorrow to the country to visit at the school I was teaching at last year, should be a good day
    Anyway I am off to do start organising dinner and stuff.

Hello all,
    first time i have had a chance to jump on mums pc.
    All is going well in Sydney, flew up last Thursday, Nixon was great on the plane, it was also a lot easier having dh with me to help. We have just been catching up with mostly family & some friends, tomorrow off to see Nixon's Grandma & grandpa (my nan & pop)
    He has slept well overnight ( a little unsettled but to be expected, but i think he may be a bit constapated.... we are now going on / days without a dirty nappy and he has been having a small amount of rice cerial each day. Just bought some drops so hopefully this helps but his farts absolutley wreak..... no one beleived me how deadly they smell but everyone has copped a wiff of him now and cannot beleive how smeely such a cute little boy can be!
    we got his christening outfit (made) yesterday and ohhh it is soooooo cute, will definatley email some pics (christening on sunday)

anyway sorry havent had a chance to catch up on the news will try to at some stage, hope evreyone is well & speak to you all soon.....

Hiiii Junies!!
    now that the laptop is working again everyone in the family suddenly has a million things they need to check on the net and i had to fight for my rights phew! What matters is that ive FINALLY found some time to write on here...
    Ive read most of the posts i missed , but ill start responding again and doing personals etc from this page onwards...

How is everyone's little angels doing ?? growing up real fast ?

Aneta is amazing, she keeps learning new things , and " speaking " in new goo's and ga's - she sleeps usually 11 hours each night so we are extremely lucky , she had a time where she actually slept for 12 hours plus. I started waking her to feed her but the CHCN told me to let her sleep as much as she wants - when she's hungry she'll let the whole house know
    what else?? she nearly turns from her back to her tummy... but wont turn from her tummy to her back ..

oops gotta run!

Ali and Nic... I see you're online... have you tried to set your mood in your profile yet? Unfortunately I can't due to some glitch

Having a very ratty afternoon... kids have already messed up the house I had completely tidy a few days ago and the constant disagreeing and arguing and explaining that is required to get them to do the most simplest thing is really getting me down. At least i'm not yelling at them though... I kinda just don't care... demotivated... they can do what they bloody well want and I'll do what I bloody well want... no dinner for them. It's getting ridiculous... EVERY single thing I ask them to do they find a reason or way of not doing it. I make a reasonable request like "please close the door because it's getting cold"... Verity says she didn't open it and Wade just ignores me... so i close it... then 5 minutes later it's open again and the whole scenario starts again... it's like that movie Ground Hog Day.... OMG I think I'm going nuts.

ETA: Oh Enigma... lovely to see you again... *blink* Oh! You're gone!

ok just caught up a little,

congratulations Candy!!! awesome news!! thinking of a date yet?
    Ali n& neeny, i cant check my emails from here but look forward to seeing the pics
    Enigma! we missed u too, hope u get a chance soon to give us an update on u and Aneta
    KLR- wtf happened??i would b reporting this guy & the in
    i also meant to mention that today ( a year ago) was when i found out we were expecting a baby!!

Geeze I'm having ongoing technical difficulties with BB that I can't help latching onto like a terrier dog... it's this mood selector option thing... mine won't work and it's driving me even more nuts! What is it ATM? Is Mercury in retrograde or something? If anyone wants to know what the hell I'm raving on about check out the Moderators Help forum in the Can't Bold and Moods threads.

ETA: $#@*&% where'd my bloody ticker go???

ETA #2 Ticker back now.... sheesh!

Thumbs down

Oh, Bath, don't let it beat you! Like you don't have enough to worry about without letting a 'puter get you down
    You may have noticed that it's 2.30am. Marvellous powers of observation. Oscar was feeding and then got attacked by a case of the killer air bubble. Well, I can't talk to him to soothe him so trying to do so by myself is a long and protracted affair. DP refuses to wake up and help (poor thing has to get up to go to work in the morning...I'm being sarcastic with the poor thing bit), I'm coughing my guts up and am trying to avoid rocking Oscar in the sling cos it's actually bad for my pelvis (which is still playing up and I have a physio appointment tomorrow hoping they can tell me I can start riding again, or it looks like my November competition plans are dead in the arse), and when I cough I alarm Oscar (unless he's asleep enough...which till now he hasn't been) but I obviously don't alarm DP, who just sighs with impatience that Oscar is still crying and that I haven't pushed whatever magic button I usually push to get a quiet night happening (that button would be the one involving swaying from side to side, displacing weight from one side of the pubic bone to the other...you know, contraindicated by the physio as well as that tugging feeling in my groin...). Anyway, I can't even talk to yell at him (which I never really do but wouldn't you know it, now that I have the urge I don't have the voice for it) and ask him to help me the * out because, yes, I understand that he has to work tomorrow (today, actually), but I AM unwell and not in my best form to settle OUR baby-child and I have been looking after him day in and day out (which I love to do, BTW, don't get me wrong), in sickness and in health (and it's not like I swipe off for the night shift) and could he PLEASE stop that pathetic groaning and sighing as if I WANT to sit and listen to my precious boy continue in whatever discomfort he is obviously in. ARGH! sorry, had to let that tirade out, cos, quite frankly, this having no voice lark is driving me absolutely spare
    Oscar is asleep now. I think I'll sleep with the HAB on, just in case I have to whip him into it again. His nose is a bit runny again, so that might be half his problem right there, the poor little munchkin.
    Supposedly going shopping with my mum tomorrow, let's see what wall she drives me to bang with the frontal lobe of my head now that I am without voice. Would everyone stop taking advantage of the situation? And could callers to my home please leave messages cos I just can't pick up the phone?? Bloody Nora! You know what I need? Black Forest Cake. And an evil hot chocolate. Can't be bothered organising either one of those so I think I'll haul mine and Oscar's arses to bed again and hope for the best.
    When I return to BB I promise to be in a much better mood...and on the civil side of 5am...
    PS Mood indicator is eluding me, too, Bath
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; September 27th, 2006 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Mood indicator BROKEN!

PML IK ...here we go... another day.... scary isn't it? When you regularly miss sleep at night the endless nature of parenting really hits home... still it's good we can both see the humourous side... last night I was oscillating between being seriously annoyed and hamming it up... 'pute still seems to have issues but it doesn't really matter...

I really wanted to go to a work reunion today with all my colleagues from the ELC I worked at for 5 years... but it's in Brighton and no where near a train staion and just too logistically hard... and I really need any spare money for Wade's party... still I feel a bit sad about missing it. It's like you move towns when you cross the Yarra.

Oooh milk's just come in and Thomas The Tank engine is on soon.... God forbid we miss that!

Back later!

ETA: Ali... forgot to say that the photos of Tori and your family are lovely... sepia works well too... and you've got some very photogenic relatives sitting on that ute

ETA #2 Verity has decided to turn over a new leaf... she's currently doing the ironing (just pillowcases, tea towels, Niall's sheets etc... but it's a help )

hey there,

IK - you poor thing, i hope things improve for you soon. as for the DP side of things - i completely understand!

Ali - so sorry to hear about your friends godson. Its something thats constantly on my mind. I am always checking lachlan when he is asleep (so not very often ha ha) but people think im mad for doing it but i just need peace of mind before i can rest!

Nickers - glad things went good for you in sydney. i thought you were coming up for the long weekend? Let me know if you are, i cant come for the weekend but im free the week after if your still there. I sent you a text yesterday too. Oh how does Nixon like the rice cereal??

Well as for me i had a great day yesterday. Lachlan was up for an hour and a half to play and then would sleep for two hours in the day which was excellent but come last night he was up 7 times!! i get a couple of feeds in but after the second feed (about 4 - 4.30) he is up every hour after that and its driving me mad. He isnt hungry cause as soon as i pick him up he goes to sleep on my shoulder but if i leave him his cry escalates to a scream and its harder to get him back to sleep.
    Im wondering if the bottle of formlua im giving him before bed might be upsetting his tummy? hmmmm

Oh enigma - im so jelous of your 11 hour night! i would give anything for even three hours in a row of sleep!

Anyway best go. its 10.30am and im still in my PJ's!!

I reckon at least half the Junies would still be in their PJs Dee I only got dressed about 5 mins ago... too busy folding washing/feeding Wade and rocking Niall in the pram oh and trying to have a cuppa at the same time. That definately sounds like Lachlan is experiencing a reflux/heartburn issue... are you still propping the end of his cot up?

Hi all, I'm feeling much more civil this morning, even though I am running on a sleep deficit. My munchkin definitely has a cold again - he was so snuffly this morning
    I'm on the more cheerful side of the middle-of-the-night melodramatics - how come everything is so much more amplified at night? I mean, I still could have clocked DP, but the remarks for him that I had running through my head were savage - glad that I literally couldn't voice them or there would have been a mighty clash!
    I have a very limpy voice back - I sneezed and loosened up some gunk that was obviously lovingly wrapped around my larynx and it came out with a blow of the nose...and I could sqeak out some words! Still can't talk properly, and being a singer I'm too scared of doing damage so I'll save my voice and whisper again today. Yay for the dislodging of gunky stuff!! My cough has diminished since then, too!
    Dee - that paed appt couldn't come quick enough, huh? I know the feeling - I had it when I was strung out to get Oscar's tongue-tie snipped once and for all! I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling that Lachlan's main problem is not your breastmilk. It sounds like (warning: armchair opinion imminent!) he needs to be held close to you (hug a bub style). Also, have you tried chest-sleeping? I know this idea horrifies many people, especially fans of separate sleeping, but if it is all that will settle a baby, why put you and the baby through the angst of doing the opposite of what the baby wants? Doesn't sound like it will interfere too much with your relationship with DF anyway (and he has fabulously failed to come up with any solutions himself, hasn't he?), so why not take a leap of faith? JMO though. You are in my real life thoughts, believe me, Dee This kid's gonna bring you so much joy to make up for this time! I am sure a hug a bub would help you so much.
    Bath - glad I could provide some entertainment with my misery Maybe Ive been reading too much Marian Keyes, or maybe I like her so much cos her writing resonates with my thought patterns - take an unpleasant thing and make it ridiculous to save me from spinning into the path of negativity and unpleasantness.
    gonna see if oscar will sleep while i shower with my MooGoo!!!!

Bath - yep i still have his cot propped up at one end. But it just doesnt make any difference.

IK - i have tried to have him sleep in my arms etc but he still wont stay asleep. Yes i am counting down to my paediatrician appointment thats for sure even though i have lost all faith in him too, last time he told me that babies cry and i should leave him to cry himself to sleep! (he was only four weeks old at the time!)

Guys - i have just had enough, i dont know what else to do. Sometimes i feel like he is changing and settling and then i have a day like today where he just wont sleep and i have just had it!
    I try these new techniques etc and i really get my hopes up with them but then they fail and i just loose all hope.

I bought me and DF tickets to go and see Billy Joel in november thinking that surely lachlan will be settled by then and i can leave him with mum, but now i cant go to that. We also have a wedding to go to in november and once again, thinking lachlan will be settled i would leave him with MIL (she lives near where the wedding is) then i could go back between the wedding and reception to feed him then she can give him his night time bottle and then i would be home for the next feed but no, now i cant do that either seeing as i have to feed him sometimes every three hours, sometimes two sometimes one, i just dont know how he is going to be!

littlerigger Guest

Ok I’m starting my replies from just after my announcement because I’ve been AWOL and I know I’ll confuse myself if I start beforehand.

Ali – It was a “we” but mostly Matt picked it. I had spotted a different one that I liked but he was in love with this one and it was a darn fine choice  It would be good to see the Swannies beat WC again in the final. Especially with it being the day before Ryan’s naming day! The pictures of your family are beautiful too hun! I regularly play around with the colours & stuff in pictures. And congrats on the anniversary!!!!

Neeny – hehe were you getting Amanda’s boys all sticky & dirty with ice cream?? I think Aleise and Ryan should meet. We went down for his weigh in yesterday and all he did was look at the chicks  I’m glad you had fun though! The photos you sent both of your day out & Matts birthday were beautiful! I’m glad Aleise is going ok in care & hopefully you’ll enjoy getting back to work too! Hahaha re the AJ comment!!!! Could be worse, you could have married a “pusser” in case I haven’t said it yet, congrats on your new niece!! Your cooking efforts sound so yummy!!

Rory – There’s nothing much to tell!! We were watching they footy, I was lying on the couch, he got down on one knee with the hereditary diseases / conditions, I hear you is all I can say. All the women on my mums side have had breast cancer & mum has had 2 major scares now All anyone can do is think positive!

IK – these aldi nappies are sounding like I need to try them. I’ve just started putting Ryan in the crawler size of babylove over night because he’s starting to over flow the infant ones with wee. Are you feeling better now? Losing your voice can be such a pain. I hope your mum behaves while you can’t speak! Your highchair sounds good. I realy need to get in lay buy one on these!

Enigma – welcome back!! We’ve missed you Nerdy :P

Rac – thanks for the congrats. I still can’t believe Ronan is 6 months already!!!! And that you’re thinking of #2. you go girl!!

KL – I can’t really say anything about your incidents because others have already said everything I think!

Amanda – yay for school holidays! Warm weather never goes astray either (unless you’re like Bath & love cardy weather ) your boys look like such dolls! I hope Kailens op goes ahead!!! I think everyone loves colouring in. its very therapeutic!

Bath – how do you go with soy in your coffee? Its taken me months to readjust to soy. To bad Goodes beat West for the brownlow. Although you have to admit Goodes has had a dynamite year! I agree with you re baby bath products. All Ryan has is warm water. I just don’t see a need for wash’s & lotions yet. Is your day better so far today?

Karen – how are you going sweetie? Taking it easy I hope?

Nic – I hope you’re having fun in Sydney? Are you looking forward to Sunday? I know I am!

Dee – nothing wrong with still being in PJs. I would be too if I could be!! He might be getting more wind with the bottle too that’s hurting his tummy? I’ve got my fingers crossed Lachlan will be settled in time for you to go to your events. Don’t completely despair yet hun!

Me – well being a control freak I have started planning & organising already. 12/01/2008 is the day, 5pm-ish ceremony. I’ve chosen the dress, Calla Lily theme. Chosen a reception place. It will be a beach / park wedding in Wollongong  I had another job interview yesterday that I am really confident about so here’s hoping! Ryan was weighed & measured yesterday. He’s now 6.8kg & 63cm long. And speaking to my sister, she’s already putting gravy, chocolate topping and a wide array of things on her 10 week old’s dummy!!!!! GRRRRR silly girl!

Smile

I just wanted to say Hi , I still exist, just don't get much of a chance to be on the internet any more. But I am trying to change that, maybe I need to save up for a second hand laptop so I can use it in the lounge.. Caitlyn is going well but hasn't really put on much weight ( she is only around 5 kilos) I will get her weighed at mothers group tomorrow.
    Candy congrats on the engagement that is so exciting. I love the ring..

Okay I will be back soon to start keeping in touch again..

Emishka!!! Great to see you!!! We 've been wondering where you were... good to hear everything's going ok

Candy: reading your post now.... i just wanted to catch Emishka before she logged off.

Yeah, having a calmer day today... dealt with the mess fairly early and that's helped to make the whole atmosphere around here a tad more serene. Verity is being delightful after being sent to bed very firmly at 8pm last night. She was out of control... repeating over and over "I want to watch TV" until she was almost hysterical... this is her 3rd week of school holidays and all the late nights have caught up on her. She's also just finished patting Wade to sleep (I don't do that anymore) which is pretty special... she's earned her screen time back for this evening.

Soy milk: it was going well until the kids decided they really liked it.... now I've run out and need to get more. I realised that soy in coffee could work when I was with a friend who ordered a soyachino at a cafe one day... now they are available everywhere and they taste great. I certainly am less sneezy since using it. Apparently my blood type (A) doesn't cope with dairy too well and some hereditary diseases like cancer have resulted in families with A blood consuming too much dairy (amongst other risk factors)... I know my nana loved adding cream to everything and dairy in general and she died of complications associated with breast cancer and she was type A... so that's put the wind up me and motivated me to do something about my diet. I'm not excluding it altogether... just limited my habitual consumption of it... on my cereal and in coffee for example.

back in a sec... just quickly got to hang my last load of washing before the change comes...

Bath - i think you might have to send Verity up here to pat lachlan to sleep for me. she sounds like an angel (apart from the "i want to watch TV episode) but hey, thats to be expected from kids! You are very lucky (oh and i still think you are wonderwoman, being on the pute so much, i wish i could get that much of a break)

Emishka - Hey there, good to see you. HOpe all goes well with Caitlyns weigh tomorrow!!

Candy - thats funny that you have all that planned already. I still havent gotten around to organising anything with mine and its supposed to be in September next year!
    Anyway, Wollongong is only 1 hour from me so if the ceremony is in the park i will definitely be having a sticky beak at it!!

Well, i called the paediatrician and they are going to call me if they have any cancellations! hopefully i can get in earlier.

littlerigger Guest

Emishka!!!! YAY I thought you'd gotten blown away by the canberra winds!!!! It's been really windy over northside!!!! I hope Caitlyns weigh in goes well tomorrow!!!

Bath - Calmer is good. I'm glad to hear Verity is earning her screen time back. I wonder what she's scheming I'm an O. I don't know what I'm meant to avoid I just have no choice but to avoid dairy. I miss my ice cream some days. And choccy Sorry to read about your nana.

Dee - do you have an idea of where you;ll be getting married? I'm a bit of a control freak so when Matt bullied me into buying a wedding mag on the saturday, that was it. I was off a planning rampage. Just today I've found the ideal design for bridesmaids that will suit all shapes! You're more than welcome to come up for a sticky beak It'll probably be in stuart park if you know where that is? Not far from the light house. Gosh I hope the paed can get you in sooner!!! And has more useful info this time!!!!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast