Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #16

Well I have just got back from the photographers- we put tori into the Bonnie Babes Pride of the Nation- book fundraising thing. OMG he has done such a good job, I spent WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more money than I should have but the photos where jus so cute that I couldnt resist. Plus I thought that she isnt going to be little like this for long and I want to capture it and be able to hold it for EVER. One series that the phtographer did he likes so much he is going to print onto a 6ft piece of canvas and put it up in his studio.

I also got some sad news today, my Mum and Dads dog has an aggressive form of cancer and has to be put down next week. It is really sad he has been around since I was 14 so it will be sad to get him put down, but having said that no one wants to see him suffer- so I guess while it is sad for us it is the kindest thing to do for him.

ANyway better go, I still have a job application to finish before tomorrow and I amno further into my washing and packing.

Here I am again, posting when I should be working!!

Ali I almost spent WAAAYYY too much $$ when I got Flynn's pics taken for Pride of the Nation - like $1500 too much! But luckily my mum was there and stopped me, though I can so understand how you did it

CeeCee, I use babyloves for Flynn's "morning poos" - like Ally he does many in a row (usually 3 every morning!!!) Huggies are for night and day time naps. I actually used a woolworths select nappy today too - pretty good. I know we could save $$ doing clothies but I just couldn't face it - I am hanging out for the recycle service to resume, though.

Better get back to work - Flynn is upstairs in his cot trying to avoid a nap and I really should write this letter for my client!!! Damn baby buddies - stop being so much fun to talk to!!

Wow I forget sometimes how chatty we are. Well I had some bad news last night my grandfather died after finding out he had liver cancer at the begining of the year, he's been in hospital for the last 3-4 weeks and finally surcumbed to all the pain he was in, so hopefully he's better off now.

I used cloth nappies with Kailen for about 5 months but ended up using disposibles and have stuck with them now. We use the Baby Love and have now started to use the Woolworths select, they are not to bad for disposibles.

Going to do some washing now and hopefully start dinner, I'm making nachoes, mmmm.

hugs xoxo

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Amanda, oh, I'm so sorry to hear of your Grandpa's passing. Cancer is such a horrible horrible thing...Hugs to you darling..

Ali - oh, your poor puppy. loosing your childhood dog is a sad moment in anyones life, hugs to you too!

Rory - how is working from home working out for you? hey, that is not your Flynn on the main BB webpage is it? Does not look like him, but the picture is unreal! my favorite ever!

Amanda, I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather.My condolences!

Cloth NappiesWhen Jack was a baby , mum actually bought me some clothies to use, so I used them until he was 8 months old, then I moved out of home and had no washing machine so I changed to disposables.When Kate was born and I had moved into a house with my own washing machine, I tried to put Kate into clothies and she came out with the worst case of nappy rash I had ever seen.I tried everything and then finally after seeing the doctor put her into disposables because she was allergic to them. I found Huggies have been the best nappies for us, even though the new Coles ultra dry nappies are quite good as well.

My condolences, Amanda. And to you, Ali. I am in no way lumping together a (much loved) dog and a grandfather, though Amanda, and Ali I am not downplaying your dog's illness - ooh bugger I am falling overmyself here - you girls know what I mean? I hope you do - I have had enough of offending people. I have ventured out into the world of controversial BB threads and came up against some .... heated attack? (Simone, YKWI - I saw you on some of the threads) I think we Junies now have a reputation - someone actually said "I followed what happened in the June thread" as if to say "you are a dirty skank! Bath you were right - everyone was looking at us - LOL!!! I think I will retreat back into my Junies group where it's nice and warm

CeeCee, working from home is great but I HAVE to be more disciplined - there is too much fun to be had being home with my boys (DH is a SAHD, remember?) They are contantly a source of welcome distraction.

BTW - what has happened to our MIA Junies - I hope they are all ok???

ETA: No, that is not my Flynnie on the main home page - he is too cute. My Flynn had the nickname of troll when he was born!!
    Last edited by Roryrory; October 25th, 2006 at 10:26 PM.

#karen# Guest

Sorry haven't been on, have been feeling a bit flat.
    Amanda sorry to hear about the loss of your grandpa.
    Speaking of babylove I got a pack of 88 infant for $12.57 this week at bilo. Bigger sizes were $23. Lucky Nathan still fits in infant he is 7.3kg now so won't be in them for much longer. Don't know if I should get an extra pkt, at that price I probably should.
    Well Nathan tried farex yesterday and absolutely loved it. Have tried to comp feed his afternoon feed, but he won't have a bar of it. Pulls a face of utter disgust. Dh tried with no success. Might try another brand I guess.
    Welcome Sara

*Kristee* Guest

Hey girls,
    Sorry i haven't been around much. Actually have been really sick last couple of days with AF.
    Amanda sorry to hear abpout your grandfather. i actually have to go and see mine as he is not well at all.
    Well cloth nappies i never used them. I don't think i will with subsequent babies either.

Yesterday i put my wedding dress on layby and ordered the bridesmaids dresses. Its all coming together now its so exciting.
    I have started charting on FF this cycle so we will see what sort of pattern i get. DF and i have decided that because my periods are so erratic we are not going to bother with contraception. If i fall preg i fall.
    anyway i have a mad headache and feel sick try and pop in more often.

My name is on the BB email list, so everyone that wants to add it can... simone_pitcher@hotmail.com (and any ladies that would like my mob for such purposes, i will email or pm that out )

I bought cloth nappies yesterday at Kmart for about $24 for 12, and a 20L bucket for $15, but im havbing probs with snappies/pins, and plastic covers. The pilchers are way to big for anneliese (shes barely in 000's!) So i'm thinking about going to a baby store

IK where Malvern??

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Simone - i have sent you an email, return email with your postal address and I will send you Ally's 000 covers and a snappy (i bought 3 but only need 2).

Awww, thanks so much CC how much would the postage be? getting onto my email now...

All done CC. Thanks for that fold, although its like rocket science to me, i'll prolly get the laptop out with a nappy when DH gets home, and we can have a giggle trying to work it out together. Make for a fun night for us.

Anneliese is having nappy free tummy time, and she's starting to lift her head up and hold it for a little long each time.. I cant believe my little princess is growing up so fast... NOw see why i have 3 children so close together? I start getting clucky, and i fall pg... I think my only have to sniff dh's cologne to fall pg. lol

LOL Simone I'm the same, only have to wash our clothes together and I seem to fall pg.

Thanks for all your condolences everyone, well my father rang last night to give me the details of the memorial and such and when I was trying to get off the phone to finish dinner he said to me "I know whats going on there and if you want to talk, just call me anytime, I know you have ears there now and can't talk." WTF?

A bit of back ground my parents divorced when I was 13, my father never paid child support and hid $2000 when he left my mum, he doesn't call unless he has to and when my mum remarries my stepdad is more of a dad then my real dad, so to cut a long story short I really don't talk to my father that much and he only visits for the boys birthdays and on that note drops around unannounced and now he is insinuating that something is going on in my marriage or family that I can't talk about with my husband or when hes supposedly listening in on my phone convosations grrrr.

There's nothing wrong here in either my marriage or family life, so what is wrong with him asking me such a thing. Makes me wonder sometimes if he has my house bugged or something.

Oh well thats my venting over. Cody's asleep in his pram in his room now, so will try and do some housework .

hugs xoxo

Sorry your dad being such as @ss amanda. maybe he's just trying to act like a dad and be worried about his daughter, when maybe there's no reason to be, who knows? just let him go, until the next time he makes contact...

Amanda, that's really odd. Maybe he misheard something, or maybe is meant that you're busy with the kids and that maybe you don't want to expose the kids to funeral talk so early or something (my mum never took us to funerals or talked much about death when I was a kid...). If it means nothing and you're just confused, don't worry about it!
    Simone - welcome to the cloth world LOL! Just do it with love and you'll really appreciate the experience I got my snappis from Kmart (they were on the bottom shelf under some brand's bottle teats etc.), so keep looking once you get the one from Cee Cee, cos you will eventually need more. DP and I figured a lot of this cloth caper out ourselves - a lot of internet research...there are heaps of sites, both here and the US about making your cloth life easier. Just punch in 'cloth nappies' into google and start bookmarking!
    Also, Malvern is just out of Prahran and the Mothers Direct address is 1818-1822 Malvern Rd, East Malvern, open 9-5. Oh, and it's not today and tomorrow, sorry! It's the 30th November and 1st December (I jumped ahead a whole month!), for the pre-Christmas sale (10-25% off everything storewide - I'm typing from the flyer I got with my magazine). I'm definitely in for that - maternity bras (being that I'm in this BFing caper for the long haul), calendars, baby t-shirts (like the one that says "I love mummy's milk, not just milk from any old cow", gotta get me that one, or the one for mummies that says "I make milk" on one side and on the other says "what's your superpower?" - gotta get me THAT one!). I'd say there'll be a few BB'ers going to this sale, we might even have to meet up for a coffee after a hard shop! I'm glad I got the months mixed up cos that gives me a chance to get more money together (possibly a tax return, too, being that I still haven't lodged mine) for it. I'm going to start my Christmas shopping on Sunday at the Gembrook Market.
    Oooh, also, if anyone wants to have a drive up to the hills this Sunday there's Kidsfest in the Upwey Recreation Reserve. There'll be an ABA stall and I'll be keeping my group counsellor company (hopefully with some of my other boobie friends - or barnyard cows, LOL Neeny ) for a bit before going to pay my pony a visit. I think there's a website, not sure, but there'll be activities for kids from 10am-4pm. You could even sneak in a visit to Puffo...
    Oscar has an ultrasound booked for an hour's time, so I might try to make this place look a bit civil.
    If anyone wants to show their kids some firefighting photos, email me and I'll send you a link to 20 photos I took last night of a gas trailer exercise we did. The gas trailer has cylinders on it that feed two cylinders that get place on a clear patch of ground, it's ignited and then two lines of crew (in full structure firefighting gear), held together by a crew leader, approach the fire with the branches on full fog pattern water (this acts as a failsafe protection from flame penetration - it's such a thrill to know that you are safe so close to a raging fire!) until they are right up against the valve, that the crew leader then bends down to switch off. The branch operators aren't putting out the fire, they are cooling the cylinders, cooling the vapours so that they stop releasing from the relief valves (might be a good science thingy for older kids), in order to prevent a BLEVE ( Boiling Liquid Expanding Vapour Explosion...the big bang in a gas explosion). Anyway, I took the photos last night, showing the progress of the two lines of water, DP operating the pump from our super duper pumper (fire truck), the Captain being safety officer etc. Kids love firefighting stuff, so I can send you a private invitation to see the pics - just don't want to have pics of my brigade free for the whole world to see, in case anyone objects, even though most people are unidentifiable in them.
    OK, off now!

Hey IK, my boys would love to see pics of that, and i might come up for a drive this week, DH is meant to be going to Emerald for the Puffin Billy/Thomas the Tank thing they've had going... I might come visit you guys instead

IK, my boys would also love to see the firemen in action.

hugs xoxo

i think she's gone to take oscar to an appt, but ill forward it into you if u want amanda, my boys liked it. lots of fire

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast