Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #16

*sigh* where is everyone today? Im all alone ;(

Just joking hehe

Im off in a minute anyway, got to pay my bills... yay, going to see if i can get a snappy and a couple of covers to start anneliese on her clothies. Her nappy rash is looking awful, it breaks my heart everytime i look it... its red, starting to go scaly and weeping in some areas. I think time to see the drs...

Someone mentioned something about a nappy rash cream made by a pharmacist in Essendon a while ago? I was wondering if anyone could tell me who it is, and what his number is... I'm willing to try anything to help my little princess not be in pain anymore...

Anyways, enough rambling from me, i'll will talk to all you lovely ladies later!!

Mwah Mwah xoxo

Thanks Simone they'll love it, it has been quite in here today you can hear *echos* *echos* hehe. Have fun paying the bills.

hugs xoxo

Glad you liked them! Firefighters, actually - there were 4 women doing last night's exercise It's pretty cool IRL - some residents saw what we were doing and brought kids to watch, which is always nice when you're a volunteer and the kids think you're so professional! Well, we are, just not paid
    Oscar's hip is fine - again, maternal nurse worry unfounded...
    Gotta sneak in lunch, start on nappy washing and get to mothers group. DP has not touched a thing to tidy up yet he's been home - he's out at the fire station now, but there was an entire morning. I must make it look too easy to look after Oscar, keep up with the shopping, up to speed with dinner AND keep us from living in a pig sty. Well, I'm on half strike, he has got to help me!
    gotta go again...
    ETA Simone, Rory has the chemist details, but I also recommend the Gaia range for skin problems - extremely mild, or MooGoo from WA (works out very cost effective).
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; October 26th, 2006 at 01:41 PM.

I've heard about moogoo... i might just buy everything and try it all LOL have a good afternoon IK

Hi Junies... been hard at work turning our linen press into a stationery cupboard! The next thing I'm going to do is go out and buy a padlock! I am so SICK of (mainly Verity) leaving the scissors, sticky tape, staplers etc lying around and opening up new stuff like Post Its and Blue Tac without using up what's already open... and wasting paper! Even Wade has taken to helping himself to pristine Reflex paper just to scribble on! And that's nothing compared to what Wade does with textas and pencils when they are left within reach! Anyhow, we have enough storage in our bedrooms to absorb each person's bed linen etc. The table cloths etc can go in the kitchen pantry. I really hope this sytem works... our filing cabinet fitted perfectly in there too so I saw that as a good sign.

Hiya Karen... make sure you vent in here if you need to... we all know about feeling flat!

Better get back to it!

Oh and Rory: They said WHAT???? OMG (about "following" our dramas)... what thread was that? Don't worry... I know the feeling... I've stepped on a few toes outside of here too and had sleepless nights thinking I was going to be ostracized from BB forever! LOL

Bath, check out page 2 of the Sunrise Mothers Group - BF vs FF in the TV News and Current Affairs forum. Hoooooee! First time I've been engaged in a thread which got shut down. I ventured into the 60 minutes forum too for a laugh - it got shut down too!!

Amanda that is weird - I hate family intrigue like that.

Hello to everyone else too

Tired now - had a good sleep last night but then had to go into work for training on a new PC program we are using, then to the Law Institute for a meeting, then train home. It's pretty much the whole day gone - you know what its like when you have a kid and house to run. And there is no food in the house (well, nothing that can easily be made into lunch) so my next project is to get my food/menu planning back on track.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Hi Karen, glad your still around as we are here too - chat anytime, we are here!
    Hi June Mummy, ditto!

Amanda - so weird about your dad? Maybe he needs to talk? Or to just feel needed? Geez.. if anything was wrong, we at BB would know about it! LOL

IK - what ultrasound? Did i miss something? With Oscars hips? .. sorry if I missed a post?

Simone - covers and snappy are in today's mail... you should have them by Monday at the latest. Yes, the fold looks tricky, it took me a few goes to work out - at first I thought OMG what IS this??? Now it is so easy I can do it in my sleep! Hope the rash clears up... Have you tried PawPaw onitment? My friend swears by it, both her kids had really really really bad nappy rashes.

Baths - what a productive day! You go girl!!!!

oh Rory - must go check out that thread! I agree about getting food back on track..have you tried home delivery? greengrocer.com.au is amazing...you can get great organic meats and vegies too.. We get the $30 organic box of fruit & veg which is AMAZING value, plus 1xlamb,1xchicken, 1x tofu, 1 x fish - so I just cook those things with the vegies from teh box, then one night is Mexican, one night is pasta, one night is homemade pizza ... there you go, dinner is done for the week. Easy! All delivered for $10. they deliver to Melbourne, I've checked it out! It does take about 2 hours to set up your list, but each week after that it only takes about 5 mins to re-order! Anyway, that is my tip for the day!

I was at Mothers group lunch for most of the day.. was really nice, had a great time. They have convinced me to go to swim class on Mondays (IK - don't say anything!!!! :-)
    I'll see how we go.

Well that is all folks, chat tomorrow.

Well Girls, suitcases are just about packed- house is clean and everything is ready to go. I have even got the tickets and passports out and put them in my bag already.
    It is still a bit surreal Icant believe that by this time tomorrow we will be sitting in another country........woohoo.

Bath- I jsut wanted to say that when I got Tori's passport done we had it back in about 10 working days- at the most.

Anyway best be off, got a few things I want to do before we go, I hope everyone has a great week and I will catch up when we get back next weekend.

Sorry, Cee Cee, no can do! Seriously, lots of fun I didn't know you surfed until that other post - I haven't surfed in 4 years, can't wait to get back to it. The maternal nurse last week was concerned that Oscar was stiff in his hips when she tried to rotate them (geez, if someone came and tried to rotate your limbs, you'd kind of stiffen up, too, if you had only just said hello and then been accosted!), so when I was at the GP I asked her. She wasn't worried but she sent us for an US just in case. However, just as I thought, there is nothing abnormal about his hips, they are just fine.
    Rory - I referred to the threads you mentioned and OMG! The thing with Neeny and I never had an ounce of venom and these outsiders' opinions were really just subscribing to the nasty business that occurred quite outside of my issue with Neeny's post (on which we since have both positioned ourselves, sans derogatory remarks about anyone's feeding/parenting orientation). I got quite sad that you copped that and my heart went out for you even though there has been a bit of a time lapse between then and now. Just goes to show, though, us Junies have a pretty good level of understanding between us (for the most part, obviously our departees weren't quite there or they'd still be here ) that non-Junies (Junies being actual Junies or Junies-at-heart!) aren't well-positioned to comment on what goes on here. That doesn't mean we should try to invite trouble again! But we have proven to be able to weather it thus far. Perhaps the only thing we couldn't survive, IMO, would be a debate about Ford or Holden. Let's just not go there. For BB's sake! I looked at the 60 Mins thread and that is the kind of debate I didn't want to get into - it wasn't about explaining AP, rather there was defensiveness as well as judgement from non-AP'ers and not enough paying attention to those who were trying to sort through the myth and negativity that the program imparted. Recipe for a shut down! Glad we avoided that (I wonder how narrowly, though??).
    Bath - marvellous. Now, can you come and get out my statements that I need for my tax return, please?!
    Mothers Group was tedious today - well, the bit that followed the baby massage, anyway. The rest of the session was all about Feed Play Sleep routines, and a nice vid presented by Jennifer Keyte. Humph! Had it been an exam I would have failed! Upon leaving the centre, myself and another mummy were saying that we regularly let our babies fall asleep in our arms, on the boob etc. As for routine, I've posted elsewhere tonight on that, because today I realised that as much as I'm not doing routine, there is still a predictability and a structure to things for Oscar to feel comfy with. I realised that we use each others' cues to proceed with our day, and whilst our day is never the same (like, whose is, not matter how hard you try?), he follows a morning pattern and a bedtime pattern with me, even if the middle changes due to the nature of my activities during each day. He is a flexible kid but he knows what a bedtime is, no matter what time it actually occurs at. His other sleeps are good sleeps, but they are not bedtime sleeps, nor are they supposed to be in anyone's book. I'm pretty fixed in my fluidity :P
    Simone - you're essentially looking for skin products that use no parabens, petrochemicals, sulfates or chemical emulsifiers (the things that make conditioners and moisturisers look 'nice' and blend together, because water - and most skin products are predominantly water - does not naturally mix with oil). This means sorbolene is out (works for a lot of people and for many it just doesn't), vaseline, sudocrem (as much as it works wonders for acne!) for sensitive or problem skins.
    The nappy fold is easy after a few attempts - I used the laptop beside a pile of nappies, too! DP thought I was nuts...
    Gotta cook a dinner (well, throw tortellini in a pot and 'make interesting' a jar sauce...)...
    ETA: Ali, have a great time! Remember, Tori will remain hydrated if you keep your own fluids up and just follow her hungry cues, so you don't have to worry about feeding her water if it gets hot - use that bottled water for yourself JIC you were unsure of how to keep dehydration at bay while BFing, but you probably know anyway
    (lots of people don't) Can't wait to take Oscar OS for the first time!!
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; October 26th, 2006 at 08:28 PM. Reason: posted after another post...

Cee_Cee99 Guest

He hee, IK, knew you had to comment!Glad Oscar is OK...

I'm hiding in the computer room which is also Ally's room as our new next door neighbours have invited themselves over - so I ran and told Matt to tell them that "now is not a good time as Cath is trying to put the baby down"... me bad? Just don't want to be friends with them... IYKWIM? he hee, love the baby excuse....

Ali - hope you have a great time... take LOTS of photos!

Hi everyone *enters forum wearing storm troopers outfit* hehe!

is it safe to enter???? Ohh Anikin is a great name for a pet!

Anyway was first day back at work and I've been up since 6.30am although Aleise woke at 5.30am but Matt fed her - don't you love it.. advantage of bottlefeeding! Of course expressing Breast milk into a bottle is just as effective and I think someone in here is doing that 'cause she's back at work too - cant' recall who it is.

Its taken me about 40 mins to update on posts. Nappies - I dont believe in creating more work for myself (its hard enough keeping house clean) so I'm not likely to use cloth ones. Aldi nappies work out to be 32c each (packet of 56 which lasts nearly 2 weeks) so that's good enough for me. I also read in a book/baby mag that if you take into account electricity, water and powder/detergent used in washing cloth nappies it isn't really that much of an environmental saver. Obviously the landfill issue is the big one with disposable but I also read somewhere there are biodegradable ones out now. Anyway in SE Qld we're about to go onto level 4 water restrictions and washing cloth nappies is a good way to send your water rates up! Level 4 is using buckets to water the garden on your nominated day (even or odd no houses) between certain hours only. We had to stop using the hose just after Aleise was born. Well some rain would be good 'cause our lawn is looking pretty much like the Sahara Desert!

Well its getting late - will write more later on. NIght all!

I've looked everywhere for snappies and cant find them... put a nappy on Anneliese today, just put a pilcher around it... It seems to work!! Hopefully now that i've done the initial outlay bit, nappy's should stop costing me so much... Thank goodness my 3yo only uses one a day (at night) my 19mo only uses about 3-4 a day (and i'm going to get him "aware" of the potty this summer, it cant hurt, i'm not going to push him, as i dont expect him to be toilet trained until next summer), but Anneliese was going through about 10-15 a day, as her nappy rash was so bad i had to continually change them... I dont care if i have to change them every 1/2 hour, now it'll be a bit cheaper and i'll not clogging up the landfill.
    How much are the Aldi nappies? I use the Bilo ones on the boys, a pack of 72 10-15kg nappies costs $22.99 they are good, i've been using them for about a year now. (yes, they are identical to the coles ones, coles does a 48 pack for $12.99) Trying Anneliese on the Woolworthes Select ones at night, when i cant change her as much, the baby love nappies are awful, seem to aggrevate her nappy rash.

Checking out the threads abovementioned... How awful all these people attacking each other?

Today will be a quiet day... Bath, i wont be able to come in to meet up at Melb Central, as i have a house to clean.. DHS want to have a "protective planning" meeting. God knows why. Anyway, it means they will be withdrawing from the case, and leaving me alone. Not like there was anything to investigate anyway grr...

I feel so proud, i have learnt a new way to breastfeed Anneliese and hold her so ican still type two handed lol (instead of sitting down and watching TV while i bf, i generally jump on here, much better usage of my time

Yeah girls I just thought I'd let you know I've done a post & in no way does it point the finger to you girls... just the general feel of the forums over the last few days. I think you have all done a fantastic job in recovering from this & in the end it will make you a stronger group

Hi girls!

Simone, bummer DHS are still bugging you. Still, maybe try to look at it as a way to get a free professional opinion on things, kinda like having a financial planner looking at your savings plan or something - you can take it or leave it, but you might find some nuggets that will help out. Personally, I always enjoy hearing others' views on childrearing because it helps DH and I thrash out what works for us. I am trying the woolworths select nappies too! Got mine from the Baby Expo, you too?

Nenny, there are biodegradable nappies - some which compost (but you need an 8 foot by 4 foot compost heap - not good for a suburban backyard!!) and others which break down in landfill. We were using the My Planet recycling service till it shut down last month so now I am stuck with a whole heap of huggies (My Planet recycled any brand of nappy, so we went with the "good" ones!) Once the huggies run out we will revert to the eco friendly ones until My Planet gets back on line.

BTW - I agree babylove nappies are awful! I use them for the morning poos, though

Feed-play-sleep - I think if I had a difficult bub I might be tempted to do this but Flynn is like Oscar - pretty adaptable and goes along with what we do. Like last night, he hadn't slept much after the excitement of going into the city on the train (he loves it - looking out the window, the people...) but we took him out to dinner with a friend. While BF him in the restaurant he bumped his head on the brick wall behind me - poor love. Didn't carry on though. Then back at the mates place we were listening to his new audiophile stero (quite loudly) at 9.30 at night and Flynn was just happily sitting on my lap. I said to DH he is pretty amazing - lack of sleep, bumped head, loud noise - and still no massive crying fit. We are just enjoying out luck while it lasts, cause we are fully aware that we probably won't have it so easy with the next one. We joke that the next one will be like Damien out of The Omen - LOL!!!

Ali I am jealous - I soooo want to go on a holiday!!

I love the "superpowers" T-shirt, too, IK - think I will get meself that one too!

Amanda, my mate's hubby is a fireman - how cool to have a firey for a dad (or mum, as in Oscar's case!) That way when kids ask what they do you can give em an answer they understand (instead of "I work in an office and help people solve legal problems" - HUH???)

Neeny, by any chance are you a starwars nut like me? Only ask cause of the stormtrooper reference - LOL!

Better go - off to Vic Market this morn with mum and friend (the one whose hubby is a fireman) and her little girl Charlie. Ceecee, I have though about online ordering but I love going to the market so much - I don't think I stand being away from the sensory experience of food buying - I love the colours and smells - it makes me feel like a TV chef walking around, hearing the vendors yelling "dolla, dolla, dolla bag" (LOL!)

Rory-lucky you going to vic markets, i love doing my vege shopping there, but i hate taking the pram. I might have to go on my own... We shoudl start a sat mornign shopping group, leave the men to the children and go relax and go shopping-i love food shopping, its so relaxing, just not with 3 children in tow lol

Simone, I am enjoying every minute of Flynn being immobile in his pram - I know my fantasy of being able to keep up the shopping at Vic Mkt once number 2 comes along is delusional!!!

Its not too bad with the toddler pram, mine's so easy to manovoure (sp?) its just the problem of going on days when there's lots of people with the same idea, and i cant get through... Thinking of trying that greengrocer online shopping, i'm going to start planning our meals again, since money is so tight...

My first day of clothies is going well, Even though all im doing is putting the nappy on-atm i dont have any snappies or pins, im just putting the cover over and fastening that, and it seems to be working fine! It's ok now, while Anneliese is immobile...

I've spent the morning cleaning for DHS, and just get a call... they wont be able to make it. They ALWAYS do this... well, at least my house is tidier!! And i did 3 loads of washing and put away 4 loads, im proud of myself. Currently got the laptop set up in my room, sitting on the bed cuddling Declan and Xander's sitting next to us, watching Labrynth (sp?) with David Bowie. They both love that movie (as does DH, a mad Bowie fan...

Morning girls, I'm just lurking, doing some baking (biscuits again for the weekend)... Wade is outside ATM thank God, am soo sick of hearing him say "can I have a biscuit?" over and over and over like a broken record... I don't know whether it is better to reply each time or ignore him or change the subject (what I used to do when kids did this when I was working with them)... none of these strategies seem to work today.. "can I have a biscuit?" (he just came inside because he saw me sit down at the 'pute... he has a knack of doing that too... *sigh*... better go deal... hey: good on you Simone for working so hard! Now you'll have a relaxing house for the weeknd

ETA: (He went outside as soon as I returned to the kitchen) hey I just discovered that if you don't have castor sugar you can make do with standard white (or raw) sugar buy using a mortar and pestle to grind it down a bit! It's worked perfectly! I should write into Women's weekly with that "handy hint" and win a prize LOL (I haven't read WW regualry for years... not since i was looked after by my nana... I used to read it from cover to cover LOL)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast