Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #16

I was speaking to my counsillor earlier on the phone, and i told her about our meetup a few weeks ago... She said she was so proud of me, as i dont leave the house very often, and never to meet up with people-normally im too scared. So i would just like to say thanks to Bath, Rory, IK and Nic for making it easy on me LOL. It meant alot to me

Wade's an ANGEL bath, dont know what your talking about LOL :P Just joking. Your lucky, at least your was an angel in public, Xander was a **** in public and behind closed doors...

Simone you are going to have to come up here soon for a meet up with me!!!!
    Nah, really girls I am going to TRY and meet up with you lot soon, but we'll work on that one.
    Glad you liked the pics of Pat, I have been taking a lot of pics on my phone and have only just found the software so I can upload them onto the computer.
    Meanwhile, I have been quite busy lately taking bookings for my party plan business, so far I have held two parties throughout October and I have already got 2 bookings for November some time.
    I have a 10 yr old who is screaming at me at the moment because I am "not fair".Apparently, I won't listen to him at the moment and he is sitting at my feet crying.This is what happens when you have a kid like Jack, everything is a drama, the smallest thing can start a screaming match.You can be calm and he'll be yelling and changing subjects and generally getting upset.

Just tried to PM Dee (Lachlan's mum, Donna) but can't - I don't think she's a platinum memebr. Any one know how she's going??

Simone - I meant it when I said I enjoyed your company! I'd be up for it again any time I suppose I could endure a few hours in the company of the others, too... Great about the nappies clearing up the rash - I've heard that can happen, when many people say that clothies give rashes. Like DP said when he decided that he lied when he said it was up to me (sposies v cloth), if you change the nappy frequently enough, there shouldn't be a rash problem. SIL saw a 'rash' that Oscar had a while ago and said that that was the good thing about sposies. Had to tell her that it wasn't a nappy rash, it was thrush, which is not the same thing and he'd get it regardless of what nappy he's in. We get along really great (couldn't find a sweeter person if I tried, I think!), but I think she might have felt the need to defend sposies cos I had a bunch of cloths on the table. No need, I use both but just prefer cloths now, cos I'm a nappy nerd and find them fun!
    Ahh, Jess, lucky he's got you as a mummy - you are so patient when you talk about him, couldn't be bad being your kid Oh, also, that's good news about your bookings - keep that up and you won't have time for us!
    Maybe we should organise a meet up before the silly season really heats up - already started for me...
    I don't know if I ever explained a course I went on paid for by the CFA at the start of last year? Well, I did, and it's a leadership/personal development program that is quite a special thing to be chosen for and whilst it didn't change my life in a thunderbolt way, it has really influenced how I conduct myself and how I am with people and see life (the leadership/PD component is run by Life Performance, the crowd that sends me those email inspiration tips that I sometimes send on) and changed my life that way. AAAAAAanyway, DP applied this year...and got in! Now he'll know what the hell I was on about when I got back - he thought we must have been abducted by aliens and then dropped back to earth, but in a good way...(there's a good way??). I'm so excited for him, it's such a unique opportunity - it costs an average of $5000 per person each year and they take 20 adults and 20 'juniors' (they don't like being called Juniors, but it's what they are cos they are the under 18's!). The two groups do a different program and intersect once or twice during the outdoor component. Part of it is canoeing down the Snowy, seeing bits of it that only Outward Bound-ers and Summit to Sea paddlers ever see, cos they are inaccessible otherwise (ok, unless you have a chopper and want to be dropped in...which is a bloody good idea in some spots). God, I thought I was in heaven in some bits - parts of the river that looked like something you could only see up north. Yep, it was once a mighty river, but even this pared down version of it is spectacular! I can't wait for him to be an alien abduction too! It's in January, starts the day we get back from NZ, so it will be a lonely me posting on BB for 12 days...unless, of course, I'm at the fire station helping out with 'activity'...hope not, though...
    Daylight savings is ACE! And today's weather just lovely after a frosty weekend - Oscar has had two feeds out on the patio step under the walnut tree. He was trying to throw Odin's toy for him...but Odin's toy is bigger than he is (well, nearly) so that was obviously no go...
    Yep, like Bath, on solids, Oscar is stacking on the weight, so there's no need to mess with that for now
    Just read your post, Rory, good observation, she's been MIA lately. I haven't got wind of how she is, but I wish she'd let us know...

Cee_Cee99 Guest

IK - oh no is your DH OK? Are you OK? I would be freaked if we did not have an income comming in... does he have another job on the horizon? Great news about your sister, I never really realised how wonderful new born babies are till I had one... is she doing hypnobirthing like you?

Baths - yeah on your christmas cake... you are a domestic goddess!

May go look in the other threads for Donna - I know she is having a tough time.. some times this thread can be a bit intense to post on if you don't have time to read everyone's posts first... I'm sure you all know what I mean! :-)

Baby swim class was great, I laughed so loud.. So now it is baby swim on Monday, baby yoga on tuesday, mothers group on Thursday... geez, I feel like a real SAHM!.. I love it! Will post some pics on my site.
    dinner ready, must go.. nighty night gals!

Yeah, Cee Cee, he's all right, he's just having some motivation issues. I've tried to get him interested in life coaching before, but I guess we can hold off on that now that he's going to be doing Challenge in January (life coaching isn't cheap but I'd recommend it for him if he wasn't going to get a good kickstart in it soon enough). We don't have mortgage payments to worry about, but I may have to adjust my overestimation with Centrelink to cover groceries a bit better. We don't exactly live large so it won't be a shock, but it will be squeezy (not that he earned a huge amount before) and he refuses to sign for unemployment benefits. Plus, we've got all these liquid assets and a large chunk of them just got signed away for 3 years, so Centrelink won't be too sympathetic! We'll be fine, especially as we don't do disposables (and my mum's been buying our Aldi nappies that I use for emergencies and night time) and I'm not supplementing Oscar's diet yet (not that it will cost that much cos I'll be preparing homefoods). I have GOT to do my tax return! We were talking about this with MIL on the weekend and we decided that he needs to have more confidence in himself to go for jobs that have more direction and that utilise his talents. They won't have seen this coming at the farm - he's extremely likeable and a good worker, even when he's not enjoying himself! I just wish he'd figure himself out - I can't do that for him.
    Glad you enjoyed baby swim! I'm really getting into the SAHM mum groove, too. Tuesdays I'm going to try to make it to the library sessions for babies, Wednesday I have an ABA meet up, Thur is mothers group, tomorrow I'm meeting a colleague who's also on maternity leave...baby, baby, baby! I'm loving it, too
    My sister has my hypnobirthing book but didn't do the course because it's quite a bit more expensive in NZ than it is here. Luckily, her yoga instructor has been using similar breathing and visualisation techniques in her prenatal yoga classes.
    OK, what to do? I'm hungry but I have a feeling DP will be back late from training (we do firefighting comps - well, I used to - and training for this season has started for our team) and being the first night back, they'll probably stay back drinking their supplements (Vitamin Beer)! I miss training But I won't miss it when we are at the Eastern Champs and then the State Champs when I just get to spectate and head out to the local sights with the brigade partners, during competition days, hee hee! Might have to eat left overs and have the salmon steaks on Wednesday...

IK if you sign up for the "dole" (dh hates when i call it that!!) your DH will get the base $370 a fortnight everyone gets. but you will get a partnered parenting payment as well, which we found really great when DH wasnt working, and one they've been working for 12 weeks fulltime, then the payments stop. although its a pain in hte butt, it really helps when there's no income...

Thanks, Simone - I don't think he'd sign up, the last time that he considered it we realised his liquid assets were too much, so we just applied for the HCC instead. He wasn't working then, either. Might give it a go though, see if he can get over himself to look into it LOL

Cee_Cee99 Guest

IK - if DH left his job, he would have to wait 13weeks to get benefits. But if you don't have a morgage then, as you said your OK..that is what freaks me out the most. We had $3K of bills last month and only $1K income...oh well, I got a check for $1.3K in the mail yesterday from my tax ! yeah...that helps.

A good friend of mine does life coaching, it sounds fantastic, but it is $110 for an hour, and they want you to go each 2 weeks... so we can't afford it... Just another example of how the rich get richer!

Bath, go you domestic goddess! Gotta start baking myself! Did you use the christmas cake recipe in "Delia Simth's Christmas"? I might give it a go - I've never made a fruit cake before....

I think I am in the running for a housewife award too - its 10am and cleaned the shower and both toilets, I've showered, blowdried my hair, fed the Little Boy, made the bed and tidied the bedroom, done a load of washing and hung it out, made a cooked breakfast for the Big Boy (bacon and scrambled eggs on toast, coffee and OJ), unloaded the dishwasher and tidied up after breakfast. Woohoo! I signed up for FlyLady yesterday so that might have something to do with it!!

IK, the SAHM thing is fun, isn't it? Well, I imagine those with more that one kid will remind us it can be fun while you have one immobile baby - LOL! I imagine it gets harder once there are more than one and they are in tassie-devil mode.

Speaking of which, Flynn is just starting to lose his fake baby image. Yesterday he cried when I left him with mum outside the supermarket but stopped crying as soon as he saw me and I picked him up and was harder to get to sleep in the evening (but to put it into context he was hungry so went to sleep straight away after a feed).

Well, girls, if I am going to keep up with this domestic goddess lark I better get back to it - will drop in later in the day

ciao bellas
    Last edited by Lea13; November 23rd, 2006 at 07:04 PM.

Good morning all

Well, not much here today, DH is home sick, so have 4 children to look after LOL. Have to go pay bills later yay. Still in my jammies!!

Rory - You can come do mine when you're finished yours if you want!!

HEllo to everyone else..

ETA - anyone else going to the BB Xmas Dinner??

Well we were at the doctors again this morning and guess what Wyatt's and Cody's tonsilitis is still there so their on another course of antibiotics. Hopefully this lot will fix them up. It is super quite in here today what's happened to everyone, it seems like there are alot of Junies MIA.

Lol Rory yeah it is alot harder to be a domestic godess with more then one, but enjoy it for now, cause it seems that your enjoying yourself.

hugs xoxo

Just back from Playgroup and also went to a local cafe with some of the mum's I'm closest too... then to a nearby park THEN bought DH a b'day pressie on the way home... both boys were very good all through thankfully. Received a sms message from IK saying that she's been in contact with Dee (Lockie's mum) and they are both at her mum';s place having a break which sounds good... she gets back tomorrow... and IK herself won't be on until later too.

Wow Rory! I agree; enjoy it while you can because that level of productivity domestic-duty-wise is hard to sustain as baby gets older and even more so when you have more than one. Also the repetitive nature of the role hasn't sunk in yet probably... after about 3 years of doing it fulltime for me the novelty has worn off a tad LOL But yes I still enjoy cooking most days and yes the Xmas cake recipe was from Delia's Christmas book... I'm also thinking of doing the Stollen as I have a lot of yeast that's about to expire. If you decide to do the cake recipe let me know because there are a few minor adjustments that I would recommend (like using 2/3 layers of silicon paper in the baking tin to protect the outside of the cake from over cooking). It takes 4 hours minimum in the oven so choose a cool day to do it (that's why I did it yesterday... plus I usually do it in the first week of November so that you avoid the rush closer to Christmas and the cake benefits from a few extra weeks of "feeding" with Brandy). I could go on forever about the subtleties of baking fruit cakes but i'll leave it at that LOL

Amanda... love the new ticker piccy of Cody... what a pinchable little butt he has there

back in a tic... gotta take Wade's good shoes off before he goes into the digging patch...

Thanks Bath I think it's a really cute pic as well. You've had a busy day haven't you, good to hear that Dee's doing ok and went to stay with her mum for a while.

I've just put some more piccy's on Cody's site if anyone wants to have a look, also forgot to mention that it's Wyatts 2nd birthday tomrrow, he is getting so big (soppy mummy moment). He also had his chickenpox vaccine today as well.

hugs xoxo

Back... I'm sitting with my back to Verity who has just come home from school and is reading the junk mail at the kitchen table... she just said "Oh my God I want these... they're Moon shoes". What do you reckon girls? Should I satisfy my curiosity and look around or ignore it? I think it's safer to ignore.

I'm also looking down the barrel of Graduation Dress Expenditure... apparently one girl in her class broke into tears when she found out another girl is wearing the same outfit... this is serious stuff Junies... i might need ongoing support to get me through it

Checking out the Cody pics now Amanda....

Amanda: Oh yes very cute very cute... LOL at his Tom Cruise impersonation... I suspect that he might end up a bit taller than Tom's 170cm though

Well Hello Hello!!!

Had such a quiet day with the 4 kids (damn DH too!) got $4 of chips for lunch, wasnt going to make a different lunch for everyone... Hopefully DH is back to work tomorrow, another day of this will drive me up the wall!!

Bath - of course we are here for all the joys of parenthood, including Graduation Dress Expenditure!! We're the ones that will talk you sane again after Verity tell you the price of her "dream" dress, the one she will die if she doesnt have... hopefully she wont spend TOO much of Dh's bonus.... I'd be looking at the moon shoes, only so you can tell us all what she's on about... Im 22 and i feel out of the loop with the "youngin's" already!

Amanda - isnt it awful that they grow up?? Declan's almost 2, and our babies are almost at their 1/2 year birthdays... only a month to go hehehe. Happy birthday to Wyatt for tomorrow

Well, Dh is clucky again... i told him he has to buy me a house first, i think he's looking atm... daft buggar. I think 3 under 3's bad enough, im not completely insane!!!

LOL Simone... I think it's safe to say Verity won't be getting a pair of Moon Shoes... I snuck a look while she got changed in her bedroom.... they are these huge things that you strap on which make you bounce as you walk along... not a fashion statement... more a toy. They are in the latest KMart catalogue. Oh and I agree... it's hard not to be clucky at this point when our newest little cherubs are starting to become sooo cute... however I am confident that as soon as I enter the "mother of a teenager" phase of my life this will prove to be an efficient contraceptive LOL ...oh, and if you guys think babies are expensive... put it this way... keep Christmas cheap while they are too young to notice!

Xmas this year is a thomas the tank train set for the boys to share - kiddy quad bikes (Kmart, $70 each... perfect for backyard toys!!) and 3 outfits each. Cheapie Xmas or what!!

I think Xander has the flu... his temp, is slowly rising.... but my thermometre's broken, so im guessing when he's getting hotter!! And he's sleeping thru declan screaming at him. he's not really sick...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast