Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #16

Welcome Mel congrats on the birth of your daughter and welcome to our wonderful group, we're a bunch of chatter boxes here. About solids I'm going to see how we go, so far Cody hasn't really indicated that he wants any food yet. But it's really up to you and what you want to do, if you think that she is wanting them then you can start when you want. Sorry not a great deal of help.

Will talk more tomrrow girls really tired, so going to bed, nighty night.

hugs xoxo

Hey Mel, i have a 3 year old and a newborn too (but i have a 19 monther in between!) With my boys, i started them on solids around the 3 month mark, as i felt they were ready, but my daughter is almost 5 months and i havent started them yet. Anyway, she's only 2.5 months corrected, i'll prolly be waiting until she's 5-6m corre corrected (7-8m) unless she shows interest before then. Sorry i couldnt be much help...

ETA Some of the women were saying that when the bubs are watching you eat they are starting to be interested? Not really sure though, cant remember :P

Well ladies, my cloth nappy crusade is pottering along nicely, Anneliese's nappy rash cleared up within 1 day (she's had it for 3 weeks) So im guessing that she has a prob with sposies (also, every time i put one on her, her rash comes right back again!) So i know what we're sticking with...

So tired, losing that hours' sleep this morning really threw me out... I even turned off DH's alarm without kicking him out of bed, as i usually do!!

Im off to the dentist today, broke another tooth on the weekend... That's two now, time to get something done about it... But just for him to look at my teeth and tell me how many thousands im going to have to pay him, he charges me $50!! And on top of that, i will have to be put ander for any treatment... i have a phobia of dentists, which is why my teeth are in the shape they are... Wish me luck

Hello Junies
    Welcome Mel to our group, my boy isn't a Junie really because he came 4 weeks early!
    Anyway, just popped in to let you know I have uploaded some photos of Pat and the kids into his webpage feel free to check them out.

Morning girls - what a gorgeous day it is shaping up to be!!

Welcome Mel - I am waiting to 6 months before I give Flubbie solids (Flynnie-Bubbie, hence the name in my ticker) because I am going to try to exclusively BF him till then. I am pretty sure IK is doing the same. But now the recs are that you wait till 4-6 months, so there is a lot of room for manouvre.

Simone, for some reason I was confusing Oaks Day with Cox Plate (which was Saturday). Hope you have a great time - did you find your outfit yet?

IK I sympathise with the MIL thing. Just keep doing what you're doing - it sounds like your MIL is doing the self-imposed martyr routine (ie: I never get to see my grandson because my DIL never brings him round - never mind the fact that she could easily visit you).

LOL about the HFF!!! My DH doesn't look like HF but so much of what I love about him is like HF's onscreen characters - that curl lip grin, the Falcon that always needs running repairs, the quiet nobility and honour, the "who's scruffy looking" kind of response! Awwww......

Party yesterday was fun - my god she got a lot of toys! I can see why child number 2 never gets new ones - that kid has enough to occupy a kindergarten!! I have made a promise to myself not to buy anything more for Flynn, that's for sure......

better go - got work to catch up on and a skanky house to clean - ciao bellas

ETA - to continue the starwars hijack - I think the reason many didn't love the new SW films as much as the old ones is that we saw the SW films as kids and they actually represent as much nostalgia value as anything else. But I am a freak through and through so love em all - even Phantom Meanace (well most of it anyway...)

hey Rorym i haventgot my outfit yet, i found the one i want... a satin tailored white suit... do u really want to know how much?? LOL
    $320.
    Im going "gangsta" - suit and hat. at least i can wear comfy shoes then

hey jess

Ok, first thing's first...I'm having breakfast, and there's not a boy in sight to spill it all over! DP didn't go to work today (and didn't call in, as far as I can tell, but that's another story...), so I changed Oscar's bum, got him into a 'today' outfit and gave him back to his daddy so that I could have brekky.
    Now, Welcome Mel! Guess what? Yours and mine were born the same day And we also share that date with Nathan, who's Our 7th Heaven's (Dee) boy.
    Great avatar, Rory! I was only toying with the idea of membership the other day...
    Oscar had a funny night. He woke up twice agitated, after taking a bit to get to sleep (so rare these days) and he was clammy and very wriggly. I think it might have been just wind, but because he was so clammy (and he wasn't covered by much) and upset (not screaming, but whimpering between some squeals) I gave him some infant paracetamol. Dont' know if it worked if his insides worked themselves out, but he slept from about 2 till 6 before having a quiet feed and falling straight back to sleep (in fact, I doubt he even woke for that!). So, at about 10 he fed again, started to wriggle and Kapow! BIG poo and he's been content ever since. DP's taken him outside cos he was probably getting bored of being in bed - he was happily chirping and squealing away with DP and then it started to become shrieking.
    SW - you may have something there with the childhood nostalgia thing. I don't know, I still spent most of Phantom Menace wondering when Hayden Christensen was going to stop reading the autocue and start acting, and I haven't seen the Revenge of the Sith yet for fear of the same.
    got the boy back now...

good morning all!

Welcome Mel we are a chatty bunch in here!

Started Aleise on baby rice cereal yesterday and she loves it! She had been watching us eat for the past week and copying our chewing motions so Ithought I'd give it a go. She licks the spoon and would've taken more if I gave it to her! will have to upload some pics and email them.

Star Wars - Ithink the orig trillogy is best - I was more of a Mark Hamil (luke) freak when I was a kid. These days I'd have 2 say revenge of the sith is great - Hayden is such a honey!!

ohhh - I lost 2kilos even though we ate out last Friday. Guess WW is working after all!!!

Bath: i love sushi but havent tried making it, may give it a go.

well not much else to write - may pop in again later 2nite.
    see ya later.

Ok, so before Oscar was given back to me, I meant to also write the following:
    Mel - like Rory, I'm going the minimum 6 months exclusive BFing, but I'm going to try for 6-8 before introducing solids. Yes, he's watching me eat nowadays, but he's watching me do lots of things, too, like throwing the ball to the dog and hanging out the washing - unfortunately I'm not going to be able to palm them off to him yet! He is interested because as a little human being he is watching what 'the romans' do - our little people are absorbing so much about their environment right now. Anyway, I was eating a lamb chop the other day and Oscar was watching, so to see how far he'd go in his interest I put it right up to his face...and he just kept looking at it. Didn't even register that he could pull it to his mouth because he's not ready for solids Not that I was going to give it to him anyway!
    Geez, these flies are driving me nuts - I HATE my Odin-modified screen door...it screens nothing!
    Simone - outfit sounds sassy
    Jess - I was looking at your site the other day and wondering when we were going to see new pics of the boy - how cute is he? We've all got such munchkins!
    Rory - yeah, HF really knew how to pull off a character in those days - I loved Han for the same reasons! And boy was he fond of his wookie - Odin's my wookie, he groans like one I wanted to BE Han Solo - probably accounts for the tone I use when delivering sardonic remarks...not that I do THAT very often, hee, hee!
    Thanks, too, for the MIL words, too. I suppose you're right. SIL is used to heading over there, especially as she leaves her older two there all the time, so that's up to her. I've never been used to relying on other people (not sure if it's a fault of mine, or a wisdom), so she need never fear that from me.
    How long could it take to free an old lady from her locked house? Where IS DP? I want to have a shower Had he not been home I would have snuck out of bed while Oscar was asleep, had my shower and brekky and THEN woken him up for the day. DP has lulled me into a false sense of holiday! He's also taken my car...with buggy, sunglasses, shuffle, horse rugs, not to mention that baby seat...

IK, I used to want to BE James Bond - till I realised that (a) he is only cool and gets away with what he does cause he's male, and (b) Asio isn't anywhere near as cool as MI5 - LOL!!!

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Welcome Mel - another Melbourne girl I see - re: solids - I'm waiting till 6 months at this stage, but may change my mind later...will have to wait and see.

Rory - LOVE your new aviator - HOT HOT HOT...

IK - yeah, you should upgrade girl! Lets keep this site up and running, (those who can afford to, we all know how expensive this time in our lives are)..

Baths - in the Sunday Telegraph they had this article on how Wine is the new Bex to get mothers through the day (well after 5pm anyway)...pretty funny actually

Simone - ouch, sorry about your tooth. Hope your hang over was not too bad..

Jess - very cute photos - he is a spunk!
    Last edited by Cee_Cee99; October 30th, 2006 at 12:43 PM.

Hmmm, membership may have to wait - DP's about the give the job the flick...leaving us income-less! Feeling bad about that rug now...oh, well, too late...
    Rory - yeah, ASIO seems like a bunch of pencil-pushers in comparison!
    can't think of anything else to write...

Well finally got a chance to post, wow we've had some weird weather here over the last few days, Saturday was really hot and muggy, yesterday was partly overcast and today it's fully overcast.

We went to the caravan and camping show yesterday and it was mostly caravan stuff not really worth going for us as we're more into camping then the caravan side of it, so we left quite disappointed. We're trying to get all our camping gear up to date as we're going down to Coffs in April next year for a week with our 4WD club, can't wait.

Well Cody tried out his port-a-cot on saturday as I went for a lie down and he woke not long after I went down and DH decided that he would see how he went in it, well he absoultly loved it.

Simone it sounds like a lovely outfit that your getting, I hope that you enjoy yourself.

Rory love the new avtar, I'm defineately thinking of becoming a member but it may have to wait until after christmas.

Jess will have to go and have a look at Patricks pics.

hugs xoxo

Hiya Junies... can't stay... Wade has been promised "Thomas" on here (downloaded videos)... Rory: Love your new Avatar!

Just finished baking my Christmas Cake (Delia Smith's recipe ie very traditional).

Solids: I'm also going to wait until Niall turns 6 months old. BFing is going sooo well and he's still gaining more weight than he needs to so why fix something that ain't broke?

Gotta go... back later.

Afternoon ladies.

Well, today's dentist visit cost me $100 for 20 mins, but i had an xray. Im looking at about $600 to have 2 teeth pulled and a filling, but i have anxiety issues, and may have to be put under to have the work done... May be looking at $1000+ But i need it done..

Go Rory you sexy thing!!

CC_thanks SOOOOOOOOOOO much i got my parcel today... It will come in handy I didnt have the plastics, i have the pilchers (with the velcro on the sides) and they do alright too.

Hi Girls,

Thanks for all your great responses on solids!

IK - like you said, Marley watches anything that moves and shoves anything she gets a hold on in her mouth! She is formula feed and sleeps 10 hours overnight so I don't think I am in a rush to change anything - it's also more work!!! 19 June is a popular birthday, I know of a few sharing that date!

Neeny - great news about your weight loss. Is WW good and have you found it easy? I have some friends doing the Tony Ferguson diet and they have lost lots of weight and say its pretty easy to follow. I am just trying to budge the last 5 kilos and it aint moving!

I am glad you are a chatty group as I am known for talking too much - so I should fit right in! It might take me some time to catch up with whats going on, but I will try to keep posting replies on a regular basis.

Jess - how do I acesss Patrick's pics?

Mel, just click on "Bellasmum" and scroll down to Bellasmum homepage and it will take you to her pic of Patrick.

I've been very industrious today been making biccy's, mmm.

hugs xoxo

Sorry Mel, forgot to say Welcome! I also have a very demanding 3yo who is right as I type shrieking for attention. He has managed to convince some of the other june Mummies that he is "placid" but the flies on the walls in this house know better! (they are the flies he lets in everytime he leaves a door open BTW which is constantly! Arggh)

Simone: My DH used to hate going to the dentist until I found a gorgeous female one that looked like a cross between Heidi Klum and Isabella Rosselini! LOL She also had this amazing Russian accent... thankfully this woman was devoted to her gnarly old husband who did her appointments etc.... and thankfully also they became clients of his through his work so he knew how crazy they both were so he didn't drool too much over her... only when his mouth was numb after the root canal therapy he had to have because he hadn't been for 8 years! I swear he didn't feel the pain, only in the hip pocket (soon after we got health cover with dental). Anyhow, good girl, get the job done before it costs you thousands

I've had a long running relationship with dental professionals...fillings, braces and 8 wisdom teeth...I'm over the anxiety well and truly by now, but only just! Good one, Simone, for facing your fears
    Bath - placid, yes, but I did see the gleam in his eye that said "I can be just as naughty as I can be cute"...
    My sister has 3 weeks to go and she'll be a mummy! She never did join BB - I think she thinks she's too good to do 'chat rooms'. No, she actually said she didn't "have time to hang around in chat rooms", with a definite nose-in-the-air attitude. Fine, she can be in NZ with not many people to bounce ideas off! Anyway, I'm excited about the baby and all...
    Gonna find some food to snack on...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast