Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #16

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi all,
    I've been to baby yoga.. poor Ally cried and another girl tried to settle her so I could do some yoga and it failed and then I felt so bad for her... we all then went out for coffee and Ally had like a 10min nap, then cried some more so I had to take her home - where she slept for 3.5 hours!... oh well..

I'm so glad Donna is OK, tried to look at other posts by her but this 'error' message kept popping up.

I agree with Baths - Cute bum Cody..

Simone - hope your DH gets better soon, arn't they a pain when they are sick?

Ok, must run - we are going to try to go to a resturant tonight for DH's birthday... wish us luck!

I have 2 sickies now (Xander and DH) and im starting to feedl a little achy and a headache is starting... and Dh will go back to work, after i've waited on him hand and foot and leave me with 3 kids, including the sick ones...grrr...

CC as i said before, thanks for that stuff the plastics fit anneliese, she should stay in them for a little while (thats how small she is!!) and i was trying to show Dh how the snappy worked.. i think he will use sposies, he's hopeless...

Cee_Cee99 Guest

No problems Simone, I love snappies - but they do take practice! Hope Zander gets better soon, and hope you don't catch it...I hate colds.. my DH uses disposables too - bloody hopeless I tell you! :-)

Well we ate our dinner at 6pm, Ally was an angel so we even had ice cream in cones for dessert - I asked for one scope but the guy had just had a baby boy so everyone was getting doubles...

Baths - I have seen those moon shoes, they are actually popular in Japan (according to the Great Outdoors program).

Does anyone have a copy of the Sleep Baby CD music I could copy? I know it is only $25 at Kmart, but thought I could ask here as I'm not even sure I will like it? Does anyone else use misic to put there baby to bed?

Tomorrow I'm going to a "starting solids" course - it is on once a month and even though I'm not ready yet, I may miss next months - I'll let you know what I learnt!
    Nighty night gals!

Morning girls

How are you feeling this morning Simone - hope you're not sick as well, poor love!

Ceecee glad Ally was good for you - she sounds like such a lamb ("Lamb" is my nickname for Flynn, but DH keeps saying I should start calling him something else cause he's a big boy now - LOL) I don't use music for Flynn, but I reckon you should just get any old classical CD - something called "Romantic Classics" should do it! - from a bargain bin first. Why pay $25 if Ally hates it?

Bath, LOL at your comment "Also the repetitive nature of the role hasn't sunk in yet probably... after about 3 years of doing it fulltime for me the novelty has worn off a tad". Yesterday (or day before?) I signed up for FlyLady (basically an online organise-yourself website for housewives). I told my mum and she was really worried - she said "I hope you're not taking this thing too seriously, it's just housework" LOL! I think she though I was going to turn into a stepford wife or something! And this from the woman who, when I was a kid, used to clean her oven with a toothpick (to get into all the little groves - remember the old style ovens?), and set out my dad's clothes for him the night before. My mum was reading stuff on FlyLady and getting all emacipated feminist on me - god I love to see the change in her from when I was a kid.

Amanda, how did Wyatt fare with the vaccine? Hope your lamb is ok

Gotta go - mum and baby yoga, then on to mum's before our mothers group tupperware party (mmmm, tupperware). We have people over for dinner tonight so it will be a big day.

ciao bellas

ETA: thanks for the comps ont he avatar, but as DH pointed out the stripes on my top should be horizontal (I have a thing for navy and white striped tops - I have 5 of them, and that's before I took a few to the oppy! call it my "Jackie Onasis" complex...)

Rory, maybe you should join a yacht club...then you could be a real desperate houswife!
    Well, yesterday kept me away from the puter. Lunch with GF and seeing work colleagues, a swim with Oscar on the way home, cook dinner then off to Beaconsfield for my riding club AGM. Oscar was extremely agitated on the way home, even after a feed, and worked himself up to a hysteria. I had to stop 4 times, mostly on lonely hills roads and the last time considered calling the ambos to get him home cos he gagged and choked at one point, with his incline in the seat being a part of the problem (he was fine once upright) and it looked like it might be midnight before I'd be home! My nerves were a bit shot when I got home, after keeping it together the whole way home. Lucky I have a myotherapy appt today cos I'm very tight across my back now...
    Trying to get DP to come to see my horse with me so that I can get a small ride in. Ha! Good luck to me!

My DH is home for 3 days to prepare for his 40th birthday party on Saturday so I'll be a little more scarce in here too! We've just been out and bought a new mattress for verity so that we can use her old one as a spare for relatives that will be coming in from the country and staying with us at various points between now and the New Year. Busy busy busy!

Rory: What? You mean y'all don't keep a little container of toothpicks handy on the window sill for gouging grime outta the stove etc (said in my best Southern Belle accent)? Tell your mum I do the same thing... and the toothpick holder is also circa 1955... a little elephant... I love it LOL Going to be signing up with FlyLady asap... I knew there was something I'd forgotten to ask you about from a recent post of yours. And I can change your avatar for you (can't have you looking like a Kangaroo's supporter j/k)... save you having to ask Kathryn (AstroLady) as she's only just had her bub apparently... God knows how she can keep up with the new avs and all the changes people need. Anyhow, as you know I modified mine (several times now) and can easily make you look more like your spunky self Horizontal stripes and all (I could refer to your photo of our meet up? You were wearing one then?) Anyhow I can make the alterations and send it in to Kathryn so that she can add it back on here... after you have checked it out of course... would you like your skin to be a more natural shade? Just let me know.

IK: Oooh I know about choking hysteria... not good hey? Happened to us a few times on long haul interstate trips and we've ended up stuck out in the middle of nowhere until they have calmed down. A cool face washer sometimes helps... they even sometimes end up sucking on a corner.

Oooh gotta go... boys need me...

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi all,
    Rory - cool, going to check out Flylady now.. I thought you were suppose to be working!!!

IK - oh hugs, I hate it when ally chokes, scares me to death... I had to pull over today too (not easy in the city) choking and hicupping at the same time... she was fine...

Baths - oohhh nice.. a 40th, my DH is 36 today, he seems a tad freaked out by it all, he thinks he is now in his late 30's... are you making a cake?

Where is Simone today..? hope she did not get sick???

today I went to a "Starting solids class" but the car park was so full it took me 30mins to get a park so I missed the first bit "how and when?"... oh well.. there was about 30 women and their babies there, all the seats were taken, all the spots on the floor were taken, I sat behind the door - I swear they could not have squeezed one more person in if they tried... it was stupid... anyway - did not learn a single thing, but had a nice berry and yogurt whip with the girls afterwards...

Hi Girls,
    I haven't been posting much but reading plenty! You guys seem to know each other so well, its wondeful to see. My best friend is being induced today so the last few days have been spent trying to get her to relax (its her 2nd). She is a little freaked out at being induced. Having never had to be induced, its hard to know what to say. And being pregnant she gets a bit peeved when people ask too many questions! What are best friends for?

CC-shame about the solids course, I was very curious to hear what they said. Its nice to hear from all of you about what stage your kids are at. I will wait for another month before I try Marley.

I am not a traditional SAHM, but I am enjoying the time so far. My older daughter is still enrolled in a kinder program at creche so I enjoy two days of relative quiet and my house staying clean for most of the day - and I don't have to pick up any toys/clothes/books etc. I love it! Also with the weather being so great, it's nice to get out and enjoy the sunshine.

Hope everyone is having a great day, wherever you are!

Bath, LOL about the stove - my mum ended up putting contact over the grooved part as soon as it came on the market. Contact must have been a godsend for housewives everywhere when it was invented.

Hey Mel, good to hear from you again! We do know eachother pretty well in here, so tell us more about yourself I am intrigued by the non-traditional SAHM - are pretending to be an ordinary woman like I am? LOL!! Context: I think I have told this sotry before but my dad's mum was an artist, very bohemian, and used to call my mum an "ordinary woman" because she was a SAHM. So Bubushka (my grandmother) would often say "If I was an ordinary woman I would do the dishes, but I'm not so I won't". Once my Aunt Alex (a mad psychiatrist - but that's another story) made a cake and my Bubushka said "Look at Alex - she's pretending to be an ordinary woman!!"

And I just noticed you are 33 and married in 1995 - I am 32 and married in 1994! We were baby brides, huh? What is your other daughter's name - we've met Marley...

Hmm, will have to think about other prying questions later

Happy b'day to Ceecee and Bath's DHs. Bath, you have GOT to play that daggy song "Life begins at forty, you wonder why you feel so naughty". Agh! When I used to work as a kitchen had as a teenager they used to play that song on Gold 104 every Saturday night and I had this image of all these old farts my parents' age dancing at parties. That's almost (and is, in Bath's DH's case) us!!!! Notice how they don't play that song any more on Gold 104 - LOL!!! They now play Red Hot Chilli Peppers and REM!

I am fully in Martha-Stewart FlyLady mode ATM, so much so that DH said "are you still cleaning? I don't mean to be unappreciative, but are you sure you're not procrastinating?" LOL!!! Gotta go girls, I know my boy will wake up soon and I want to do a bit more prep for this dinner party while I can.....

ciao bellas

Well Wyatt's now a big boy been 2 and all today we're going to have cake tonight, Rory his needle went good no reaction yet and no fever or crankiness. We're going up to my mums at Hervey Bay on Friday so I maybe MIA for the week, Ijust need a break and mum will help me with the boys so I will hopefully come back all refreshed.

I've been wondering were all our usual Junies are like Jaspen, Nickers, Dee(7th) and Tulip just to name a few, they must all be busy with their little bubbas.

Better go boy is starting to whinge for a feed, will be back later, Simone hope you did get the cold that Xander and DH had.

Oh and CeeCee can you please send those recipes for me thanks.

hugs xoxo

Happy Birthday Wyatt!!!!!!!

Rory, you emailed me your new email address but I've checked my address book and it's still the one your DH uses now - could you please email me your new one? I've also realised that an email or two has since gone through to that address, sorry!
    Well, with DP's help today, I got back in the saddle and it was just lovely! It was only a very short ride but it felt so nice - I wonder how long that will last before he decides to be a lug again... My pelvis was fine, but I should really ice it now anyway. Also had myotherapy in the afternoon and my myotherapist and I decided we would be friends once the WorkCover insurer pulls the plug on my treatment at the end of the year, so I'm invited to a Tupperware party in a few weeks time
    OK, I have a homebrew stout to drink and a baby to tend to and washing to put on...I hope all is well, Simone, happy birthday Wyatt, hi Jaspen, have a great week Bath, thanks Bath and Cee Cee for your commiserations!!

If anyone wants me for the short time they will have to email me at
    [email protected] because there is a virus in messenger and we had to redo the laptop....I'm not game enough to put messenger back on yet.
    Well last night we decided to go to Mums for the night because the van was playing up, so we followed Mum up and stayed the night, the kids had the day off school and we took them shopping on the way home NEVER AGAIN! they annoyed me so much that I cranked up the music just so I wouldn't have to hear them.
    IK- I hear you about the choking episodes in the middle of nowhere! Pat has this habit of getting so worked up that he makes himself throw up everywhere, it happened on the way home from Mum's three weeks ago and we had to change him at a truck stop!
    Better go and organize dinner as "stupid" is doing absolutely nothing.

HEy ladies, im still here, went shopping for my Oaks Day outfit... h let me get whatever i want, as i've been looking after him AND the kids AND the house for 2 days... he makes more mess than the kids put together!! I got a satin tailored white suit, navy lace top, and a white and navy hat. Look very "polo club" as DH put it LOL. Also got matching earrings and necklace from Michael Hills Jewellers at DH's insistance. I spent just over $400... I felt very guilty, but DH said if i didnt buy it, he's just put it on the CC anyway... time to cut that stupid thing up!!

Im not sick, thank god, just stuffed at having to run around looking after this household. Its trashed!!! Anyway, no personals, i have a [email protected] nappy here (i have 2 children in nappies sitting beside me, so could be either!!) so much change, then start dinner... Roast Lamb chops, mash tato, and steamed veges here for dinner (yum!!)

IK forgot to mention about the chocking thing it's not just when their babies, while we were going out on Sunday Wyatt fell asleep like normal in the car, then he started to cough then the cough got worse he chucked up, so we stopped then I cleaned him up got going again and the same thing happened again except the chuck was bigger. It's so distressing seeing and hearing them gasping for breath, hopefully it won't happen again for Oscar poor little mite.

hugs xoxo

You will definitely have to email photos, Simone! Of the outfit, that is, not the pooey nappies... Nice DH!
    Ok, definitely camping on Friday, so I'll miss baby swim, but I get to observe a class tomorrow night to sort of catch up. 5 days camping! We're leaving early so we can make hte most of it. It also looks like we'll have to drive two cars there because neither car is big enough to take everything and everyone, even if we fitted a roof rack to one of them Pity my dad didn't buy his ute with a bench seat, or we could borrow that...
    DP BBQing dinner, I've made a rough guts salad (just threw together some stuff whilst wearing Oscar, who was picking up the potatoes on the bench (ummm, let me explain...they've been in the pantry for a while...they have grown handles and Oscar is grabbing everything in the last two days!)
    Jess, how annoying! I mean the puter, but also about the screaming kids and the van! LOL about the car music
    Dinner's done, I'm off!
    Thanks, Amanda He choked cos he was crying so hard he gagged on a huge intake of air - there's only so much we can do from the front of a car (and in control of said vehicle) when they're in the back
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; November 1st, 2006 at 05:48 PM.

Rory can I also get your email addy.

hugs xoxo

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Amanda - he hee.. I just jumped on PC to send them to you! you read my mind!!! In your in box now.. I picked these as I think you can put them in nice jars and give them out.

Rory: what is "Getting Dressed to lace up shoes"? I feel stupid as I don't know what that means???

hi Mel, we have pretty much been together since conception! He hee. But we always enjoy fresh people, so please don't let our chit chat put you off! just jump right in.. we are all in this together! I was a little dissapointed re: the solids class, think I will just read baby love again.

Have fun camping IK, you off tommorrow or Friday? I am confused!

Jess - LOL: re: music, oh well, back to school for them!

Simone - naughty naughty...I bought a dress yesterday for Allys Christening, $79 so that is allright.. it is white with red flowers embrodry and netting under the full skirt - very "Church-going" but in a Newtown kind of way - I can also wear it with my red shoes, so no need to buy any more!

Should go, DH is home from dog walk, and it is his birthday - I actually have a shocking headache - bad timing.. oh well..
    chat tomorrow
    luv
    CC
    Last edited by Cee_Cee99; November 1st, 2006 at 07:02 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast