Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #18

Afternoon girls. What a beautiful day. Enjoy it while we can as the rain is coming (good for the garden).

Took Chelsea to her dancing class this morning and had breakfast with two of my friends whose daughters also attend class. Eating eggs benedict in the sunshine - beautiful (not so good for my weight loss!!!!) and a big latte. It is so lovely eating breakfast without someone saying "can I eat that Mum". Headed home to do washing, vacuming and general tidy as we leave the house in a bit of a mess in the morning with clothes and stuff everywhere.

Bath - I can't believe you were washing floors at 3am. I thought I was a night owl but you win hands down!!! and I love your idea of breakfast! I am sure Marley will love hanging out the boys and I think its great that kids get to play with the opposite sex and not just the same sex. They can teach her to play trucks, she can teach them how to dress a barbie LOL!!!!

IK - I don't think I have any photos of me with the kids (how sad!!!!), not recent anyway. I frequently change my hair colour and the old ones I had dark brown hair, now I am blonde!!! I get bored easily LOL! I have short blonde hair and red coloured glasses. I will have a black valco pram with the bassinet attachment on the top with a coral pink nappy bag hanging off the front. You won't miss me. I will loiter around Borders at 12.30pm. I can't believe how quickly they grow out of clothes! I tried 3 rompers (000) on Marley last night and all were too short. She was just on 6kg at her 4 month checkup but she is getting long. Oh well, more shopping but this time at least I have a real reason. I was saddened to about Belinda Emmett dying. She was always so beautiful and for the past few years, she has looked very sickly. Feel very sorry for Rove - wonder if he will be on Tuesday night. Must be very hard to grieve when you are such a public figure.

Nic - great to meet you. Nixon must the oldest and the first to cut teeth - how exciting. It is so hard to look in their mouth and get a look - they are too quick with their tongue over their gums or hands in mouth!!

Chelsea is out in her little backyard pool, making us atea (bark pies ohhh yummm) and I Bbtter go and hand some more washing out. Chat later.

what day are you guys meeting?? i might come along, i need to get out more...

I think we've been talking about a meetup in Melbourne Central (if it's wet) again on the 17th of November (a Friday).

Simone: I was thinking about you just before as I was hanging out my 3rd load... and when I came in there was your post... sounds like you had a relatively calm evening despite your challenges. Look forward to seeing you again if you can come in...

Unless something major comes up, i should be there. Where's Rory?? Will she be coming?? (we catch the same train in ) Thanks for thinking about me

Yeah Rory: I've sent you a PM about your av... hope it worked... I 'm not a frequent PMer.

Well, im still here, just cruising around the forums... very quiet today!! I need a life LOL

Waiting for Dh to come back to my place, he's meant to be bringing me a strip sub. Im still waiting!! been nearly 3 hours... im going to starve hehehe

come on people, come chat to me!! im a loner :P

Hey Simone, how are things going today? Did you do retail therapy last night? Reading about your strip sub makes me hungry - I love them!!! Did you finally get it? DH has just woke up (he is on night shift at the moment) so he can entertain Chelsea for a while, Marley is still sleeping (she is such a good bubba). Thinking about dinner, maybe lamb on bbq. MIL and her mum coming over to see Marley. I don't know about you guys but do second/subsequent kids get a bit left out? My MIL doesn't see Marley nearly as much as she saw Chelsea. My girls are her only grandchildren but it seems the novelty has worn off with the second. Hope you are having a good day.

I'm up for a Friday meet, Simone I don't think it would be worth your while or petrol to hike over to Knox on Wednesday, but you'd be a welcome addition!
    Just been out doing a big shop, going to unpack it, put it away, bring in washing and then head to my parents' for dinner, then back home to collect DP then out again to a farewell get together (well, my GF will be away for the summer).
    Off again, lots to do and I don't know how long Oscar will give me before requiring my undivided attention again...

Well, im back, Dh dropped in, dropped off the boys and their pooey bums (They didnt find a toilet in time for Xander) told me he's had enough of the boys and has gone out!! He's only looked after them for 1 day (thursday!!) I wish i got time off for each and every day i looked after the kiddies LOL.

Ok, Friday meet it is then!! Who's definately in?? Me, Mel, IK, Rory (?)... anyone else :

ok, just got this from BOM's website... this is for melbourne next week...

Monday Showers. Windy. Min 11 Max 17
    Tuesday Mainly fine. Min 8 Max 17
    Wednesday Showery. Windy. Min 7 Max 15
    Thursday Few showers. Min 9 Max 18
    Friday Fine. Min 8 Max 21

So at this point it looks like we might be able to have an outside meet!! (stupid melbourne weather, it will come to friday morning and we still wont know what the days forecast will be!! LOL)
    Saturday Fine. Min 9 Max 23

Sorry to hear about DH comments about the boys! You are so right, we don't really get any time off do we???? Men, who will ever fully understand how they work?

Friday outside meet sounds awesome - weather looks great (so far) but that could change. Shall we play it by ear and decide closer to Friday? Where do you normally meet - I read in one of the previous posts, Botanical Gardens. Would you believe, I have lived her my whole life and never been (how bad is that!!!LOL)

Hey Mel, the Bot Gardens are gorgeous!! I've been twice, and only lived here since end of April... :P LOL

If weather is good, Bot gardens, bad then borders. That sound ok to everyone?? If not, please say so!! Im not fussed, just looking forward to seeing everyone again (and meeting you mel!!) The boys will be in daycare, not sure about Anneliese... I might have her with me. Hope so, might keep her out for just that day!! This time i might be able to relax, not run after Xander the whole time!!

You'll have to count me out again ladies as Melbourne is just too far for me to get to! One day I hopefully will meet you but the way things are going in here I'm not sure!

Everything ok Jess??

Im still here, DH is still out. I think he's gone to his mates grave, when he needs some time out he usually head there to have a chat with his. Chris was his best mate who was killed in a car accident Xmas Day 04. So ill give him some time, he'll come eventually... either that or he'll be going straight to his dads tonight. Oh well...

Hopefully there'll be a storm tonight, i always feel better after watching such a beautiful thing as lightening

#karen# Guest

Hot day here in Sydney today, word of warning - cover the seat buckles when parking your car. Nathan's back got burnt in the capsule on the seatbelt. There is no mark now but I got a fright as did he.
    Ceecee - what a shame about your meetup, easily done they both start with m and end with a.
    Simone I love watching storms too, hope you are feeling better

Jess, I am a bit ignorant where places are in Vic, but how far away is Euroa? I know it a fair way but not exactly sure what you are near.

Simone - I love a good storm too. Qld have the best ones and on those hot balmy nights its even better. Silly DH was going to water the garden tonight - until I had a go and explained about the water restrictions. Men are silly sometimes LOL!!!! I feel ashamed that I haven't been to Botanical Gardens before, esp as you have been twice since end of April. Where did you live before?

Karen - I have been victim of that too and you feel so bad. Hope Nathan is OK, but I am sure he is none the wiser now. I will make sure I think about it more now.

Chelsea watched a bit of the Wizard of Oz (love that movie!) and wasn't scared of the witch. She asked me why her face was green LOL???? Going to have a coffee and a bickie now. Will be back later to see who's on.

Im watching Wizard of Oz Mel KIds were all in bed at 6pm, they didnt have sleeps today, and were rotten little buggars, so grumpy! I came over from Perth, Dh is ex-military and this is his home port. So we came over here.

Euroa is about 2 hours from Tullamarine... correct me if im wrong Jess. FIL's girlfriend lives up there, he visits her every weekend.

Karen - dont stress, the boys have had that happen to them (It cant happen to Anneliese as she's still backward and in the middle of the car) He'll have forgotten about it now!!

Just a question for those with girls - thinking of getting their ears pierced?? I got mine done as a baby, as did my 3 sisters, and im thinking about getting Anneliese's done.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast