Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #21

Kel - the twins sound gorgeous!
    Amanda - wow, 9 months! My sister did that, so I suppose Oscar wasn't really going to stand a chance...
    Simone - yeah, just as I posted I had an image of a crusty old man pushing a mower...so sorry that you didn't get a cute gardener!
    I had a shower whilst Oscar was sleeping, but just like at night, he didn't sleep for very long before waking up crying. I wish I could just hook the teeth and pull them up to get it over and done with
    I would really like a couple of clear hours of him sleeping so that I can get his cousin's sling happening! He just doesn't grasp that concept for me, ay!
    ETA: Cutest thing - the other night my GF told me that her two and a half year old cuddled up to her and asked if he could sit in her jacket cuddled up to her 'like Oscar cuddles with his mummy'...cos he sees Oscar in the HAB all the time - awwwwwwwwwwww! How cute is that?

Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; November 27th, 2006 at 11:42 AM.

IK - that is soooo cute... and yay, you can show off your new nose in 2 more sleeps!!

What new nose IK???

IK had some probs with her nose, and had an op last week... Yay for rhinoplasty!!! :P

Yeah, Kel, I had a 'nose job' LOL! I had a bit of reconstruction to help my breathing last Wednesday.
    I just got notification from the hospital that I have incurred no out of pocket expenses - woo hoo!
    However, DP and I will take them up on the painkiller thing when we go in on Wednesday. For a Baby Friendly Hospital, it really wasn't good enough that I only got to speak to the anaesthetist's nurse and not the anaesthetist himself and that none of my insistence on being able to BF was actually heeded, despite assurances that I would be able to! I'm not angry, just peeved and it needs to be taken up. I mean, what if Oscar wasn't such a good doer at other times and if he had really needed more than one and a half bottles (and we're talking 125 mls) in 24 hours?

Oh I thought she had a nose job! I want a boobie job cos the twins have ruined my lovely boobs!!!

I hope they listen IK, you may be able to talk to a patient advocate, which looks into your problem. I dealt with them at the RWH after i bled profusely at 25w pregnant, and the nurse ignored me for 1/2 an hour (she was asleep) and then told me it was nothing! I complained, and it was investigated (as far as i know, she got a written warning). I hope you get it sorted out.

Hey kel, i would love a boob job, mine have been ruined by breastfeeding 3 children, and they were always small to begin with... lets go to thailand and get one together!! Leav DH's with the kids for a few weeks!! *sigh* dreams...

OMG Simone, I have looked up going to Thailand to get one done. Three of my friends want to come tto. Maybe we can get a discount for large group booking. $5000 for the package. So tempting.

have a holli and new boobs in one hit!!

Girls girls girls... it's not for me to lecture but nice men aren't always keen on silicon... I was listening to a group of men discussing this once at a party... honestly, it was the sleazy creepy ones that liked the thought of it... the nice guys were unanimous in their disapproval.... oh and my DH get's really sad about the idea of women doing that to themselves...even "for themselves". Anyhow I really don't want to spark up a heated debate about it... this is just what I have observed. I'm all for boob reductions though... wasn't there a Junie who was considering that? Big ones can play havoc with backs and that's not something I'd want a woman to have to endure. Anyhow please don't be upset with me Kel and Simone... it's just my opinion and I'm probably the minority anyhow as most women seem to want a boob job these days.... so just ignore me if you want... I just wanted to share my observation.

I'm be so industrious today! Vacuumed and decluttered... AND I'm even managing to keep Wade occupied with some cutting and pasting! Going to have a cuppa now and play a net game i'm addicted to! LOL

ETA: I probably should have kept my mouth quiet about the boob issue... I remember upsetting IK about it once (and have never forgiven myself!) but I know most Junies like the idea of us all sharing our honest opinions... just as long as they are tactful... and I hope I've been tactful!

Bath - its ok, i know i will never get one, but its nice to dream... I have an a cup, and i would like to wear nice tops without looking saggy in them sometimes. DH loves mine the way they are ("anything more than a handful's a waste") but i can dream about the prefect figure and boobs...

I cooked lunch (steak, potato gems and alfredo) figured i needed a good lunch as i've been a little run down. So tired today... Feel really emotional again too. I wish my hormones would stop stuffing around and get back to normal!!

awww... maybe there's hope your DH yet Simone... that's an incredibly sweet thing to say! French men say "any more than will fill a wine glass is a waste"... I assume they mean those really open top glasses LOL this was translated for me when i was over there once. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder... and a good man sees beyond that kind thing anyhow You have a beautiful soul Simone and it shows... not all physically perfect women are beautiful. Also, Paris Hilton is an a cup... so what's the story there???? Why DO men find her attractive... that's what I wanna know??? LOL

Awww... thanks Bath you know how to make me smile. I might have to come around one night, and you can make me some of those martini's DH and i were talking about having a BBQ, and i want to invite all the junies We have a nice backyard with plaenty of room to run around, and a big 6 burner bbq, i just have to get a gas bottle... we had to leave ours in WA!! Any thoughts??

My hubby says "any more than a mouthfuls a waste" ha ha! I wouldn't get one Bath. Just the thought of it going wrong scares me!!!

DP gets an amused look on his face when anyone gives the handful comment! He's not a boob man but is quite happy with what I have to offer. He would also be very supportive (excuse the pun!) of me having a reduction (I think that was me, Bath), later on. I was reading about a couple of women who had reductions and were able to work out with the surgeon to leave the nipple in place and they were able to BF afterwards. Oscar has sucked off a goodly amount, so I"m not looking at a reduction any time soon. Funny how some people rue childbirth and the effects on their bodies and I have all of a sudden become quite accepting of what my body looks like! Quite apart from the fact that I am just about the shape I was when I met DP, I am at peace with the shape of my boobs (which I HATED before and they haven't changed much since), and I think it's because BFing has turned out to be the enjoyable experience I never thought it would be.
    Simone - Chick, you've got great boobs! I was looking at the meet up pics and thinking that your figure has been treated very well by childbearing BBQ sounds nice!
    Bath, didn't you want to have a meet up in your backyard? I'd be up for that too, as it would take me nice and close to DP's cousin in Wattle Glen and I could kill two birds with one stone
    Anyway, now that I have a 'new nose', this banter about getting married is getting more serious. But I dont' want to get all het up making arrangements...and that's considering we are planning to just have a civil ceremony in NZ! I'd love it if DP would surprise me and organise it so that I just turn up in a nice frock
    Oscar is on my lap, sleeping. He is just so adorable, especially in his recent clinginess - it's so lovely to be the only one who can really soothe him I wonder how long this teething thing will last.
    I was putting out washing and he was playing in the new beach dome I got from Anaconda yesterday, but I didn't get to put the whole load out before I heard him whimpering again. He was happy with me in there with him, throwing the dog a toy. I brought him in to change his nappy (which turned into another wrestle) and then realised my mum and sister had been trying to call me, so I got onto them and my niece is showing all the signs of early walking, just like Oscar (I've been in denial for some time now...). I can't wait to meet her in about 4 weeks!
    I wonder if Oscar will let me put him down for a bit so that I can keep threading this machine (my sister told me the obvious way to thread it - tie my thread to the thread that's in there...duh! I'm so thick sometimes!).
    This week will be a warm one, Melb girlies - get your aircon primed and fans ready!

Phew! I was really worried about that one LOL But please don't get me wrong... big isn't bad... I'm just saying it's not the most important thing about a person... the main issue is that boobs WORK when they are needed! And it's wonderful to hear of women with larger ones to finally feel like they can finally be de-sexualised when they start BFing. So... big or small it's no difference to me. I'll be the first to admit I have a minor hang up about it too... I know how I ought to think (ie that I shouldn't let a fragile ego make me have unnecessary and dangerous surgery)... but when i hear other small chested women saying that they are planning surgery I think uh oh... maybe I should be too? y'know, like I'm going to be judged by these women if i don't... it's so hard to make rational judgements when you have pressure from all sides... if I heard more women saying "it's not necessary" I'd certainly feel a hell of a lot better about my scrawny old self! LOL anyhow... enough on the matter already!

ETA: I posted that before I read your post IK... but I'm glad I haven't upset you too chicky I agree, it's tough at both ends of the spectrum. ((hugs))

Agree Kel. Its nice to think about having nicely rounded boobs, instead of sagging ones... Im only 22, and my boobs are yuk already... Its not fair, especially when i worked hard to keep the rest of my body looking good!!

IK - i got married in a simple ceremony in a park, including a 2 night honeymoon and a reception it cost us about $2000. We had so much fun though.

Bath - you're a beautiful woman, and i have a very hard time believing you're late 30's...

Now that summer's coming, we can all have a meet up in our backyards LOL!!
    Last edited by simone; November 27th, 2006 at 03:01 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast