Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #21

Default Babies Born June 2006 #21

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in June 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your old thread can be found HERE You may have noticed that the baby details are missing at the start of the thread. This is so parents can post where-ever they feel comfortable without having their details in 1 thread and posting in another and often feeling like an outsider within both threads. We will be increasing signature lengths slightly soon so you can accomadate your babies birth details if you wish and can't already fit them it.

Geeze, I'm first AGAIN... LOL ...gotta get a life? Well this is it... can't imagine a better one

Thanks Simone for your age estimate of me being closer to 30... having a 12yo DD kinda gives it away that I'm no spring chicken... but I'm not quite a broiler fowl yet! LOL

Well been up to Heidelberg and done my shopping... now on the washing... perfect day for it!

Just wrote a post and the thread had been closed when I went to post it! Doh!
    Meanwhile, Oscar is on my lap and trying to type, too. I'm about to upload some cute pics of him on the lawn in his hippie clothes...
    It IS quiet here today, Simone!
    Oscar's teeth are causing him grief - very whingey and clingy at night like never before. Poor mite.
    Nose feels even better today - 2 more sleeps and the splint comes off!

Hey when that happens with posts not geing through, try clicking on the 'back' button... sometimes your post will still be there in the edit box. Weird things in the forum at the moment... i had to edit my last post 3 times for it to "stick".

Yeah, Bath, did the back button but it went back to the page of posts, pressing fwd button took me to the 'thread closed' page, so it was lost. I had meant to copy it, but with Oscar being a wriggly bum I forgot!
    Not to worry, I had just written that I'm glad Simone gets to enjoy a baby for a bit longer than I do I mean, what's Oscar's hurry? Where does he need to get to? I think I was the only person at the BBQ last night to be unimpressed with Oscar's efforts - they kept telling me that I was in denial...and I know I am!
    How's everyone else's Monday morning? It's lovely here in Melb

It is a nice day here, my gardener is here (he didnt call me first like he's meant to) so im hiding. HE cant just do my lawns if im not here LOL!! Its just the kids are finally asleep, and with them being sick, they need all of the sleep they can get... And im not feeling the best, still recovering and with this tonsilitis i dont need him doing the gardens for hours!! (he's old, like 60, so it takes him a while... not my choice of gardener, its the owners dad)
    Last edited by simone; November 27th, 2006 at 10:42 AM.

Photos uploaded, I'll edit the titles now, but the photos should be viewable

The gardener is just doing my garden!! He's only doing the verge, but if he comes up onto the front lawn im gonna be p!ssed.... not even a call to say he was coming!!

Yes, yes, Simone, but is he cute??? You don't want to send away a cute gardener...LOL!
    I took some video of Oscar, but it won't upload on PB, gonna need to play with that...

If he was cute, do u think i would be on here, complaining about him?? No, i would be too busy perving... but he's a 60yo greek ugh

He's given me a headache now... poor xander laying next o me with his ears covered.

Hi Everyone,

Simone, I have been catching up on your posts lately and I'm sending you a massive hug. Gee I thought I had problems! Just hang in there and hopefully when the kids get better you will feel better too!!

IK, I'm hearing you on the crawling thing!Jack has been rolling over for months now, and he has started to do that shuffling thing on his hands and knees. He cant quite figure out how to get the hands moving but it will happen soon enough. Yesterday he had a vegemit sandwich for lunch!!! Can you believe that??? A sandwich, hello Jack, your six months old not six years old! But he was chucking a paddy because my cousin wouldn't give him her nachos! I had to give him something.

Teeth, neither Jack nor Charlee have any yet but they are a bit grizzly some days and we have had a few days where panadol has had to be given so I think they are coming.

I am housesitting for my aunty again, I did it last year when they went to Melbourne for the big National horse show. Its lovely here, pool, big house heaps of ponies and horses to play with. Its kind of like a holiday. God knows I need one of those.

I hope evry one is having a nice day. I hope all the bubbas are being nice!

Lotsa love Kel

Well we got most of our xmas lights up over the weekend so I'm all happy about that, it's been sooo hot here over the last few days it's not funny, I finally turned the air con oncause Cody wasn't handling it to well. I've forgotten to mention that Cody found his toes finally about two weeks ago and loves holding them any chance he gets. He can also sit up in a U pillow, but sometimes still falls forward. We have Kailens check up at the hospital on Friday so we'll see how his ears are then , he has a hearing test first then sees the ENT, Chrisco is also going to be delivered this friday as well.

IK Kailen was walking by nine months, which is shocking for a first bubby, I was like you he can't be walking yet he's still a baby, but they all develop at there own rate so your obviously doing something right. Lauchlan walked at 10 mths and Wyatt at 13 mths.

Simone sorry about the magpie and you having tonsilitis as well poor thing. Take some panadol the it might numb your throat so you can eat the choccy lol.

Bath I hope you had fun at the shops.

hugs xoxo

im fresh outta big peoples panadol, thinking about taking the kids stuff, it tastes so yummy...

Xander walked at 14 months, declan at 16 months. So im not holding my breath for Anneliese to do it anytime soon...

Kel - enjoy your holiday

Walking: Mia walked around furniture and took a few awkward steps at 10 months but actually stood up on her own and walked off when she was 11 months. In a way I cant wait for the twins to walk and in a way I can!!! Imagine!! What I am dreading is one walking early and the other being left behind. Break their poor lttle hearts to watch the other one up and moving I reckon!

Simone, I took kids nurofen when the babies were first born as I was sick and the chemist recommended it. It was delicious!
    Last edited by Misskel; November 27th, 2006 at 11:18 AM.

Kel - friends of mine had frat twins, the girl (alesha) was way behind the boy (brettlee). Brettlee walked at 12 months, Alesha is still just learning to walk (they'll be 2 in jan) Alesha had a lot of probs with club foot and hip dysplasia, but he brother always waits for her. And when she's trying to walk, he'll hold her hand. Its so gorgeous

Oh Simone that is so cute. Jack and Charlee always hold hands now. And as Charlee throws every thing she gets her hands on, their dummys are hooked to them now and more often that not in the pram, Jack will reach over and have hers and vice versa! It looks hilarious. Charlee thinks its funny to scratch his face and when he cries she cacks herself laughing! Little witch! He is pretty sooky. A real little mummy's boy I think!

Declans a mummys boy, while Anneliese is a daddys girl. Why can they all just love me!!

That so cute about switching dummy's and everything... i would love twins, i know they can be hard work, but like all kids htey have so many rewards... but that would mean 5 children, and i only want 4...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast