Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #21

CC - well done with Ally sleeping through the night. You must feel better getting some extra sleep. Swimming is such fun but ours doesn't have a cafe (bummer!). My friend gave me some rice cereal (Heinz brand) in Banana flavour, Apple flavour and a multigrain one. Will try them next month to see which she prefers - they all probably taste disgusting!

IK - get sewing girl! Aldi is great, they just opened a new one near me and the trolleys are so luxurious for the babies and they steer straight!

Bath - we have been doing some water saving here too. We put a bucket in the shower and collect the water as it heats up and just leave it in there to collect more water. At the end of the shower I water all my potted plants. Every little bit helps.

Amanda - I am gearing up to starting solids next month. Hope Cody enjoys his first taste!

Jess - the kids crazy hair looks fun! You need to take a closer picture, hard to see you well in the one you have taken.

Chelsea went to bed at 7.20pm and she asked if she could go to bed! All that playing in the spa today really wore her out. Will chill out and read some mags my friend gave me and I'll pop back later.

Im still here, just lurking... Both Xander AND Anneliese have temps in the mid 38's... and DH is p!ssed as i wont "go to bed with him." After what my body went through (and its only JUST finished, this morning) i want to give myself a little more time. But now im only thinking of myself. I cant win. Off to find my choco stash...

IK - pinched your aldi washing powder - not bad!! Now i just have to find an extension for the washing machine hose to put it out of the garden... its a mass of *****les and dead grass!!

Bath - might pinch that idea about the bucket... Dh is always letting the ater run - he hates filling the sink to do dishes, and just lets it run the whole time. Same with shaving and brushing his teeth.

Jess - sorry things arent going to well for you

CC - glad to hear Ally has settled down a little now... Good on you for holding out on solids, shows that wouldn't have been the solution. Hope she keeps sleeping at night for you...)

Anyway, should go tend to Anneliese, Dh is here atm, but sitting on his computer ignoring everyone as usual...
    Last edited by simone; November 27th, 2006 at 07:17 PM.

Funny how you got moderated, Simone, for describing your garden!! Yeah, I'm pretty satisfied with the Aldi powder. I have to start a grey water system over here - I'm just not a gardener and haven't thought about it, but I reckon I should tell DP to get a move on with it (I keep asking him and he keeps nodding his head but not doing anything about it! It's HIS garden, cos he's the one who plants stuff in it!).
    Mel - Chelsea sounds like a doll - ASKING to go to bed?? Do you still have my email address in your phone? Wanna email me so I can have your email in my book? Just remembered your Robin Hood line, too - that's what someone said last night that he looked like! Oh, and I have made more progress on this sling...I've nearly cut out a pattern from my GF's HAB, it's all laid out on the floor while Oscar sleeps in the portacot (and NOT the HAB or sling, oddly enough!).
    Back to this sewing caper...

Got my big box of 22 guylian chocs out of the fridge, couldnt decide between my bottle of Brown Brothers Crouchen Riesling or milk... Went with milk LOL!!

ETA what do u mean, IK, moderated for describing my garden?? im lost!!
    Last edited by simone; November 27th, 2006 at 07:20 PM.

Well, for example, if I were to describe a hedgehog as *****ly...is there a line of asterixes? You described your garden as having *****les, but all I saw was ******es...and I guessed what word it was that the censor had a problem with.
    Anyway, I meant to say, also (before I went off to extract a large, uncomfortable crusty from my nostril, TMI but it had to be said, didn't it??), Simone, that you are right to 'withhold' from DH right now. You have spent all week and more thinking about your kids and worrying about if DH was going to help you out...I definitely consider it high time you thought about yourself in this regard! I don't get why DH's need to 'get some' is more important than your need to be nurtured through this difficult time and why you have to nurture yourself with chocolates because you're not getting the nurturing from the one person who should be looking after you! That is all I will say, you know how I feel about it, grrr...

Simone - poor Anneliese and Xander. I think you need to eat all 22 chocolates and the wine!!!!

IK - will email you now. Keep sewing, the end is in sight!

I think IK meant that the word pr*ckles was auto-moderated...

...back in a tick...

whoops... didn't see Ik's post in time... I'm all over the place ATM...

Im sitting here with the chocs and milk. I have had the baby monitor in the boys room, as xander has been throwing up abit... but he's here with me, and all i can hear is declan chatting to Normie (his teddy kangaroo) so i better go and have a chat to him, its getting a little late for him to be awake...

Wish someone lived close enough to come share the wine!! I love a bottle of sweet white... We will have to do a girls night out soon, i really need it...

ETA - yeah the auto moderator working overtime again...

hey guys,

just a quick one from me, i will be back with more personals soon!

im back from the QEII in Canberra and they were great, Lachlan is now going to bed around 8,he wakes for a bottle at about 11 then sleeps until 3.30 -4am for another feed, then will sleep until about 7. Its not ideal but i can cope with this much better than the every hour i was getting before.
    The main thing that they got me to do which i was kind of against before is to stretch out his feed times and NOT to feed him under 3 hourly. This seems to be working. We have also established that i dont have enough milk anymore due to stress and lack of eating on my part so i have decided to fully wean him.

He is now eating solids really well, we have rice cereal with fruit in the morning and some pumkin for dinner at night. I will introduce lunch in about a week.

Anyway girls im feeling a bit more confident these days, im not getting my hopes up just yet but things are looking good. today he slept for 2 hours and 45 mins in the morning and then had a 1 hour and 45 min sleep in the middle of the day and an hour and 40mins in the afternoon. We havent had a 40 min sleep for a couple of days now!

The other good thing is that DF is now sleeping back in bed with me! I feel like a couple again. Im going to start making him do a bit more with lachlan, he needs it and so do i.

IK - Glad everything went well with the nose!!

Boobs - I would love some, i always have had really small boobs and have been to have a consultation a few years ago but like you KEL the things that can go wrong scared me too much, i would rather keep my small ones!!

CC - Glad Ally slept well for you, lets hope she does this more often!

OOOh Hi Dee That's wonderful news! And I love Lachlan's new ticker piccy! What a cutie!!! Good little man letting mummy have a rest...

geeze i gotta go again... tricky time of night here...

Hi Dee! I'm not surprised about your supply - stress is such a culprit, isn't it? I am so glad that DF is back on board, too
    Oscar woke up and HAB is still on the floor - the dog was lying on it before, so I really need DP to come home!!

Now i know why my supply has been crap lately... may have to find some fenugreek. I want to keep breastfeeding a little while longer yet....

Dee, thats so good that lachlan's settled down, sometimes you just need a helping hand... glad it worked out for you

Dee- thats awesome things are starting to turn around, i am glad to hear. also great that DH is back in bed with you.
    CC- great video's hehe!
    Kel- you sound like despite everything you have going on your are holding up really well. I dunno how you do it but you are an inspriation! when u get a spare few seconds (if thats at all possible) can u send us some piccys of your kiddies would love to see them!

well Nixon is still sick.... i took him to the doc again today but thankfully he does not have croup or broncholitis. Just a viral infection but to be on the safe side she booked me appoint for tomorrow just to see how he is doing.
    He has only been drinking his first bf fully for the last 3 days all his other feeds are like half feeds. He now has a snotty nose to go with his aweful cough poor pumkin.

Nixon is still on 2 solid feeds a day. He was one 1 feed a day for about a month and now been on 2 feeds for a month. I wonder when i should introduce the 3rd feed? He doesnt seem to be looking for any more thats why i havent started so far but i am quiet sure given to him (when he is well) he'd prob scoff it all!

Little sausage just wanted to sleep it off tonight and fell asleep in my arms about 7.30pm, so i didnt get a change to change his nappy b4 bed... It was changed at about 6pm after his bath but its a snugglers & i always do a last change into Huggies b4 bed time!
    I guess Snugglers is being put to the test tonight hey!

ok going to do some scrapbooking.

Dee - what great news about Lachlan and DF Things sound like they are turning around for you. Lachlan is such a little spunk!

Simone - I'll check if I still have my bottle here as it cost me about $22 a bottle and I would rather you have it than go to waste!

IK - while you've got the machine out, make Odin a new bed LOL!!!

Odin has a HUGE cushion I made him! The portacot is blocking his view of the rest of the house, though, so he's creeping in...well, not 'creeping', he's way to obvious for that!

hey Mel, we should have lunch and drink it then LOL i like the crouchen riesling as its easy to drink and relatively cheap... about $12 a bottle

Solids - i havent given them to Anneliese again, she doesnt seem to be bothered, so im not. Going to try them again in a few weeks.

Nic - Anneliese has the cough, a runny nose and a temp atm... its just a bug. With bronch i found first they start sleeping more, then their feeds slow down, then they stop weeting their nappies. Hopefully Nixon's on the mend now, and i'll be able to catch up with you on Sunday in Sunbury

ok i know i am meant to be scrapbooking but i just had to share that i couldnt cope with leaving a Snugglers on Nixon all night!! SO.... i successfully undid his jumpsuit took it off and put a huggies one without him waking up! (very calmly and slowly mind you)
    I also gave him some panadol, i put the syringe at his mouth he tasted opened and i put it in he swallowed all whilst asleep! I didnt push my luck with the fess though!

LOL nic, well done for not waking him... i put Anneliese in the bonds nighties for her nighttime sleeps, that way i dont have to undo her suits to change her nappies, especially as im leaving her in clothies more and more of the time... Saving so much money, seeing as though i still have 2 in nappies full time (and one in nighttime nappies).

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast