Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #24

Bath - let me know what the products are like. Cosmetics and skin care is so expensive, so if they are good and Aussie made, I would give them a go. I hung mine out too, they were starting to dry quickly. I have a new washing machine which spins them almost dry, so need to get them out in a hurry. Your fish curry sounds beautiful. I love fish, but DH can't stand it, so I only cook it when he is not around. I love salmon and used to tell Chelsea it was "pink chicken" so she would eat it. Now she loves it and knows its fish. Must be the night for curry, I made a beautiful veg curry with roasted pumpkin, carrot, brocolli and chickpeas.

IK - wondered where you had gotten too. Glad you had fun at your xmas party and your Sunday dinner should be good. Where are you going? Well done Oscar for growing well, he will probably enjoy the view with his seat turned around. New things to look at. Still can't see the hills, wish the smoke would blow away!

Hiya IK... yeah I was wondering where you were too, racking my seive of a memory trying to work out if you had something on... yay for a thriving Oscar! So is he starting to make consonant sounds? Niall is making some new ones too... thought I heard a "dadada" this morning, it's usually made before "mamama" and every mum under the sun get's miffed even though the child is waaay too young to put meaning to the sound. "M" sounds are one of the last to be formed and when you make the "m" sound yourself you can work out that it take a bit of extra effort compared to "da" ... Niall is here beside me in the port-a-cot going "ahhhh yahhh errr squeal ah ya ah" etc. this time next year all our lil' darlings will have a language all of their own that only we will be able to decipher! I'll have to consult Wade's calendar to remind myself of some of his early words. Verity's first word (said with meaning) was "juice".... bit ashamed of that, I gave her way too much of the stuff, totally unnecessary... with Wade I stayed with water and defined juice as a treat food... I'm taking this even one step further with Niall and delaying anything sweet for much longer... they don't need it... the mantra "what they don't know about they won't miss" is a good one. Don't want to start a debate though... I'm not about to criticise mums who give juice... it's just what i'm choosing to do... and seeing as though Wade's teeth are perfect compared to Verity who had caries at the same age i reckon I feel ok about what I'm doing. But who can resist the sight of a child's eyes lighting up when they get a treat? LOL

Ok... bedtime for Wade... hope I see some more Junies checking in tonight... Simone? Dee? Karen? Ali? everyone else...miss you!

I'm here, just been really busy today.
    1. The PSG (ParentSupportGroup) meeting went very quick, it was basically telling me that Jack's Social Skills level is really bad(as if I didn't know!) and giving the teachers some ideas on how to try and boost some of the worst areas,such as facial expression and eye contact.
    2. The local pool is outdoors and absolutely freezing of a daytime. Even in the summer. We have been trying to get an indoor pool in this town for 15 years but the Council have always voted against it. All sports competitions in town(if outdoor) have been cancelled due to the smoke. They are worried bout their players getting smoke inhalation so they have cancelled them until the smoke clears.
    3. The smoke here hasn't cleared all day and it is supposed to be worse tomorrow.Keeping the kids inside or minising their exposure to the smoke has been working so far.
    Amanda- I know what having larangitis is like, awful isn't it! Try the eucalyptis and honey lozenges, they are really good.
    Nic- Blaster Poos are great aren't they! Bella did one this morning and I didn't realise until we were shopping!
    Bath- I have another 2 years before Jack graduates Yr6 and I am not looking forward to it. My kids have their graduation mass next Wed. night so they are busy planning for it.Happy 6 mths Niall.
    I'm thinking about starting Body Shop up. My aunt and I love their products so just seeing if there would be any interest.

Quick one only - whoa Jess - just saw your thread in the medical conditions - shingles!!! You poor love!!

Got lots done today - yoga, mothers group, cleaned house (sort of!) and did 3 hours of work work.

BTW - spoke to Simone tonight - she is on dial up and can't post much but is going well.

Ok it's really, really quite in here today. Well as of last night Cody has learnt to sit up by himself, my little man isn't so little any more *sniff*. I'll go and look around and then lurk for a while. Hope everyone is having a good day.

hugs xoxo

Argh, Amanda! Sitting up! Our kids are getting away from us! I am more than happy for Oscar to take his time with sitting up...from there he will go straight to standing, as this is the only missing link that he hasn't figured out yet (that whole, I'm doing everything else, I just need to get these hands off the floor)...kids, take your time, for mummy's sake!
    Also, did you get my email with the article? I felt like I was studying again, using my database search skills! As I only took an intermission, I still have access to the student-only database section of the uni library online, so it took me back...gotta get ready for next Feb, anyway!
    We were naughty - just DTD and left Oscar to explore the corridor at the other end of the house... He can keep himself occupied for a while between his B1 and B2 and those window envelopes that crunch ever so nicely in his little hands!
    I've made a haircut appointment for tomorrow, and I'll need to organise a XXX wax for before we go. Next week Aldi has their version of the epilady with underarm attachment for $40, girls, so mark that in your diary...I'm allowed to get one!!
    Ok, off to make more bookings...one of them being Oscar's 6 month shots...

Sorry IK I kept forgeting to let you know that I got them, how rude of me *will not forget, will not forget*.

I got a call from the child care centre that I had put Lockies name down for and I have to go in tomrrow to do his whole admission, yay, he will be going Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays so I will be able to go to the shops with just two kids.

hugs xoxo

bit manic today... windy...arguing kids... trying to feed niall but the kids keep distracting him...good luck with oscar's shots,,, niall has his next monday. hi amanda

Bath- i like your saying on your ticker,,, its so true.
    How did Niall go with the rice cerial last night?
    I gave Nixon a finger of vegemite toast at lunch to try and he loved it! he didnt even screw his face up, enjoyed sucking on it and squishing it in his fingers... He's gonna be a little vegemite kid like his mummy i still love the stuff.
    The last 2 nights Nixon has rolled in his cot and started crying for mummy to come turn him back around.....

Ive been busy cleaning the house today, we have interstate visitors tomorrow for the w/e and then i am leaving to go to Sydney on Sunday arvo with them (booked same flight so would be a bit easier travelling!) DH wont come up until 22nd.
    IK- i hope oscare goes ok with his needles.
    Amanda- thats great u got Lauchlan in day care & can have some time with Wyatt & Cody and get stuff done. Wow on Cody sitting! Nixon is getting closer to but doesnt last long before he slumps forward and falls sideways

Amanda - it is very quiet today! Where is everyone???? Great news about Lockie and daycare. I would go nuts if Chelsea wasn't in care a couple of days a week, I can get so much stuff done!!! Can't believe Cody is sitting up, thats fantastic. Marley is just like a little blob, she doesn't move anywhere LOL!!! Not that I am complaining at the moment. How's your throat today, any better?

IK - you naughty girl!!! Nah, good one you for finding the time, I have hardly seen my DH so no chance of any naughtiness in this house LOL!!! 6 month shots, I've got mine next Tues at the council run sessions. Hope Oscar is a brave boy.

Nic - vegimite is the best, couldn't have my toast in the morning without anything else. Glad Nixon likes it and no screwed up face, well done! How long are you in Sydney for?

Battled the shops this morning, but didn't use the pram, just the baby bjorn and it was heaps easier to get around. Myer has 25% of kids clothes until Sunday! They had Esprit tshirts in a catalogue in yesterdays paper for $9.95, then less 25%! They hardly had any left so bought a couple for presents and one for Chelsea and Marley. Great bargain. They had lots of other cute things, but I refrained and bought the birthday present for Sunday and some more xmas presents. Off to start posting my ebay stuff, 3 people have paid already and it only finished yesterday afternoon!

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Thank God Wade is napping! Until about an hour ago they were all just being feral. I'm a fairly patient kinda person... but my oh my oh my! I kept very calm when DH rang for our lunchtime chat... and was rewarded with a promise of an early return home this evening He's been making best use of a quiet time at work and making hay while the sun shines so to speak (ie getting all the time consuming adminy jobs out of the way before he goes on holidays soon... and before all his clients return from theirs with their usual bright ideas which they need money for!)

Niall's first feed: didn't happen yesterday because i never got the chance... waited for Dh to come home but the kids were harder to settle for the night and by the time that was done Niall had fallen asleep and didn't wake until 3am. So it happened today... I just bit the bullet and told myself that if i waited for a quiet moment to give him his first feed then the poor little guy would starve!!! So he had runny rice cereal with EBM and admist the chaos loved every minute of it! He actually grabbed the spoon as it was making it's first approach and shoved it into his mouth as if to say "c'mon c'mon what are you waiting for???" The stuff slopped everywhere and Verity was wanting to be involved and Wade was jumping up and down wanting some too and OMG! *phew* As I said I have a perfectionist streak that was serverely challenged but I made a conscious effort just to go with the flow... I'll give Niall another feed when DH gets home.

Nic: I asked Mod Sarah H if I could use this quote under my ticker... she had it for a while but culled it when the new signature guidelines came in... I had a spare line so added it... yeah, i think it's great. I always have to remind DH to give people the benefit of the doubt, mainly when he drives... he'll curse and mutter about other drivers but I'll take the time to observe that, for example, the woman in the red car ahead who has just cut him off has 2 baby seats in the back... who knows: she might have screaming twins to contend with! poor woman... so it applies to everyone I reckon... before people get p1ssed off with strangers they should stop and think what extenuating circumstances might be going on.

back later...

ETA: email just arrived saying that fires have arrived on the outskirts of my relatives township of Cowwarr... they have evacuated to Sale as they have 2 young children. My uncles have stayed to help the CFA where needed... they are fit healthy specimens who follow instructions well so they should be safe *praying*

I am still here Bath,I have been having a little time out from it all but still been lurking , taking in everyones progress.
    I can't believe that is was just 6 months ago we were all giving birth and now all these babies are sitting, starting solids, cutting teeth and trying to crawl........where does the time go?
    Tori is roaring along, she has 2 teeth the second one just came through today so she is a little grumpy and out of sorts. She is sitting now and trying so hard to crawl, she gets up on her hands and knees and rocks back and forwards she is not to sure what do once she is up there.
    Tori is now on bottles, i am pretty proud of myself I lasted 5 months with breastfeeding, which is great considering I didnt want to do it at all to start with. We have offered solids but she is not really to interested will take a couple of spoonfuls and then doesnt want anymore- not fussed, she will take more when she is ready.

Bath- I was reading about Verity finishing junior school, it must be unreal to realise that your first baby is getting all grown up. I keep trying to imagine to what Tori will be like at that age.

Amanda- I was reading what you were saying about Kailen and his report, from experience boys often start to flourish at the end of year 2 beginning of year 3, all of a sudden it is like a light bulb switching on. I have been teaching that age group for the last 3 year so if you want some ideas of stuff you can do with him at home over the holidays drop me an email and I will send you some stuff.

I am a bit dejected on the whole job front, I need to go back to work a couple of days a week next year and there just seems to be no jobs around, the school I was at this year told me they would have a job for me and then they told me that they didnt. It is so frustrating I spent 4 years at uni to get my degree, and I think I am pretty good at what I do yet, it is near impossible to find a permenant job. Relief teacihng is fine but a little hard to drop everything and go to work when you have a baby to organise. I guess I will just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope something comes up in the new year.

Anyway I had better go, a big hello to everyone, it is so good to hear that everyone and there precious babies are doing well.
    Only 11 sleeps to christmas............wooooohoooooo

Hiya Ali Great to see you again! Yeah I was thinking of you when Kailen's situation arose... I'm not qualified yet, so spoke more from the perspective of being a parent and an unqualifed teacher's aide... but i'm really looking forward to returning to uni, becoming qualified and helping parents and children tackle tricky situations...

uh oh... Cowwarr is on the news, fires arrived... back in a tic...

just dropping in before heading back out for the evening.
    Bath, glad you're rellos are safe in Sale. My mum is freaking out (unnecessarily) because everywhere has gone black. I've given her some tasks, like filling baths and sinks, sealing doors etc, just to put her mind elsewhere! It's the 'big one' out there, and there are heaps of strike teams being deployed as I type...DP waiting, but I think it might be a while before he gets called up again. Houses are on fire somewhere out there now, so I'm back on the cfa site now.
    catchyou later.
    ps oscar dealt with shots fine!

did anyone see on the news that truck that plowed through a maccas in woollongong in sydney? I had a call from my sister this arvo a bit shaken up. She was there right when it happened and said it could have been her car that got plowed.... She took her daughter to the wiggles concert with her pg girlfriend and her daughter.
    afterwards they stopped at maccas drive through, on the way out they pulled over so her friend could go and get a balloon as her daughter lost her wiggles one, she had just that second got back in the car when this truck came screaming through, sheet metal going everywhere... 9 ppl were taken to hosp (4kids i think but all minor injuries) 1 lady in a serious cond, my sister ran up to the car and she was a grandmother with her daughter in the drivers seat and 2 kids in the back, the grandmother was trapped in the car....very scarey stuff.
    Bath- hope your relos are ok, must be pretty horrible wondering weather they will return to a house or not.
    keep your eyes peeled and your ears open Ali & hopefully the right job comes along for you. yeah a bit hard to do temp/releif work with a baby to look after cant just drop everything like we used to!
    glad Oscar went fine at his needles today
    Mel- going to syd from 17th-28th dec dh is coming up on the 22nd but prob wont see him till christmas eve
    gotta go wake this boy up or he wont be sleeping tonight!

Bath - glad to hear your relatives are safe and sound. Hope their house is OK. Must be an awful feeling for them. Don't you love it when the kids have feral days, nothing pleases them. I get a few of those. Niall sounds like he loved his rice cereal which is great. Some kids hate it. Marley is not overly keen, but gave her pumpkin tonight and that faired a bit better! Not rushing it though. The saying at the end of your ticker is excellent, pity more people don't subscribe to the same thought!

Ali - congrats on 5 mths bf. I only managed just over 2! Wow, 2 teeth, that's great and rolling too. I think Marley might be a late bloomer LOL!! I hope your dream job comes along for you. We need good teachers who want to work. I help coordinate a Grad Cert/Grad Dip for teachers to deal with mental health issues in the classroom (mainly primary school teachers) and I have a new found respect for the profession. I was blown away by some of the stories they had about problem kids in their classroom. You guys deserve a medal - you work so hard. I am sure something will come up for you.

IK - glad Oscar did well with his shots. Still haven't been able to see the hills, its worse today but not sure if its clouds or smoke as it has been lightly raining here.

Nic - how frightening for your sister. I saw the article on ninemsn. So lucky your sister wasn't involved in the crash but so thoughtful of her to go and help. Was the grandma OK? Hope the others injured weren't too serious. Have a great time in Sydney, but I am sure we will post more before Sunday.

On a WOO HOO moment (well only a little one!), I bought handles for Marley's bottles and she can hold her bottle by herself!!!! It looks so cute, she can hang on for nearly the whole feed which is great as she usually scratches at her head and has been drawing blood lately. She even had a go one handed, but that didn't work so well.

oh yeah Ali i meant to say well done on making it to the 5month mark bf.
    Im down to just the morning feed, dont know how long my supply will last with that, i rekon my boobs are shrinking and going to be smaller then what they were before being pg! although its hard to remember what they were b4 cause they started getting bigger early in the pregnancy so its been a while.

WTG Marley on holding the bottle. Nixon has mastered this now so wont take her long. I usually put him in his rocker now and he loves giving himself the bottle, sometimes he pulls it out but can now manage putting it back in without me having to help.

well looks like DH has missed seeing Nixon today, he left early b4 Nix was up and now he has just gone down and dh not home yet. He has a client over from LA so has to basically escort him everywhere, just got a text that he was going to have a beer with him.
    The lady most hurt in the acco is in a serious condition but i think she will be ok, my god it could have been so much worse. the truck hit two other cars first both were EMPTY thank god.... and imagine if it plowed into the play area?? could have been the Sophie Dilezio (sp?) trajedy all over again

Hey girls - short one from me cause one eye is blurry ATM - I opened a cab door into my face. I have a 1 inch cut just below my left eye.

YES - you read correctly!!! Doofus!!

Flynn stayed home with his dad and fussed from 4pm to 8pm - in other words - he gave his dad the first taste of what a normal baby is like - LOL!! poor DH is traumatised - he had to resort to letting Flynn cry for 10 mins, get exhausted, then fall asleep wimpering. Dunno who I feel more sorry for!

Hello to everyone, incl our long time absent Nickers and Ali!

better go - face is sore.....

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast