Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #24

Default Babies Born June 2006 #24

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in June 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your old thread can be found here

Love

Am I first? Yay!
    I'm about to get ready for bed. Gonna drink lots of water and take this boy and me to bed...
    We're in for a hell of a weekend - see you on the other side!

just getting in here so i get email notification.
    Wont be aroudn much this w/e very busy, got swimming today and madly cleaning/cooking as we are having some neighbours over tonight.
    Tomorrow we are going to our mothers group chrissy party.

hope everyone has a good weekend and pray for our firefighters that things dont get as bad as they have been predicting. (The sun is glowing at the moment)

#karen# Guest

Just a quick one, hope everyone is well. Probably won't be around for a while, just very busy this time of year, trying to get things done and lots of committments with the kids and trying to find a house.

Karen - Just check in with us every once in a while, so we know you're ok, please!
    Nic - Even the hills haven't escaped the haze - we usually sit just above it, but this smoke isn't sinking!
    Just after I decided to keep Odin inside, I've heard on the ABC from the guest vet that it's best to keep your pets indoors today, Melbourne chickies, especially birds. I think I'll give the pool a miss cos it will mean being out in the smoke the whole time. I can't imagine the beach would be very nice, either. Keeping this kiddie indoors today and the recirc on in the car.
    I have the bath full of water...JIC...haven't done that in years! My fire plan is to get to the fire station, but failing that I've got heaps of towels I can use for ember attack. We have a white weatherboard, which is known to protect from radiant heat and withstand fire storms. The hills are, fortunately, more moist than the fire areas at the moment, so not at as much risk. The wind this weekend is likely to dry us out a treat, though. And then I'm going to have a task for me to scan photos and documents, so that I can grab the laptop and Mac Mini (small desktop computer) and shove them in the car if I have to leave (Odin's head will take up more space then these two combined!) later on in the fire season. Man, I love living up here, but you get seeds of doubt about the benefits when you get conditions like these. Not nice, especially, when I happen to remember that up here is the most fire prone inhabited area in the world, with California next, eeek! I don't get jittery, though, so Oscar should grow up feeling pretty confident in these conditions, too.
    Enough of those musings.
    Rory - how was last night?
    I wonder how Mel's doing at the farm - it's in a bit of a valley, so the smoke might be quite thick there. I still don't know where DP's going and neither does he, but probably be heading to Gippsland - they've been saving the vols from our region and the next one down (R8) for that area for the weekend.
    OK, best get my nappies off the line - they'll stink, but the air is so heavy with smoke I don't think the smell on the nappies will be any more noticeable than what's going in my nose! I can even smell smoke from inside my house.

Dinner last night was great - Melb Museum is a fantastic venue and the food was lovely. I will post piccy on website later today if I get a chance. Turns out Flynn went to sleep at 8.15pm without a fight and mum and stepdad had a nice time with him. And the egg on his head, where he landed when I dropped him down the stairs is all gone.

Keep safe, everyone, and thinking of those in fireprone areas (Jess and IK).

When i woke up this morning, the sun was glowing red, and where we are is just so smokey...

IK - thinking of you. Glad you're all prepared, let me know if you need somewhere to go...

Jess - stay safe sweetie

Rory - how was flynn this morning for your hangover?? :P glad you had a good time, and thanks for your call yesterday afternoon, i missed it by like 10 mins...

Hey to everyone else...

Well, they're holding off our crews for another 24 hours. Must be a good sign - things aren't bad enough yet to need them.
    Jess - if you're still peeking in here, hope you can keep the kids indoors as the smoke thickens up.
    Simone - good one on the shopping!
    I'm eating popcorn (presumably for lunch...), drinking water and powerade (have the powder barrel) and eating fruit. Just waiting for Oscar to be properly asleep so I can put him down and get some things done round here.
    My nose today feels the best it has since the op! The dissolving stitches have pretty much dissolved and I can twitch my nose and kiss Oscar properly. I still can't deal with his flailing arms clocking my nose, though!
    I've fed Oscar more than usual already today, but if he'll take the boob I'm going to give it to him to keep him hydrated and comfortable - he was looking a bit flushed before, so I put him on the boob and he drank happily...only about half an hour after the last feed. So, next week when it's cooler, I'll be a little fuller until the supply settles down again!
    Rory - fantastic about your night out! Good little Flynn!

Well, anneliese is 6m old today, im thinking of trying solids again, but not going to push it if she isnt ready.

Glad to hear your nose is feeling better IK!!

Happy 6 months, Anneliese! I can't believe it's been that long already:eek:

i know, neither can i... In this much time again, she'll be one!! Xander is 3 1/2 now, and declan is almost 2... OMG!!!

Dh is trying to talk me into having #4, as if... says he's clucky.

I was looking at Oscar feeding last night and I can't believe that he can find his boob and feed off it and hold it in his hand, all by himself. It seemed like so long away, not long ago, before he'd be able to do that. I recalled the time that I used to have to guide his head, then his mouth, whilst holding my nipple for him to latch onto. Do other BFing mummies freak themselves out thinking about this? I have tried so hard to be with Oscar in the moment, and sometimes I think that maybe I didn't make the most of all the time that has lapsed. But maybe I did, because I don't recall wishing for a fast forward to get to a certain stage, I have been quite happy for him to take his time. I am so into this boy, so it's not cluckiness, just being totally smitten by this kid! This fleshy little ball of fun and love makes me smile so big
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; December 13th, 2006 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Delete a paragraph

Awwww IK... I look at Xander and Declan and remember holding them moments after giving birth to them, and look at how far they have come - sitting, crawling, walking, drinking out of a cup, feeding themselves, talking, cuddles and kisses... They've come so far and it melts my heart to think that they are mine, i still cant believe it.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Hi girls,
    Sorry been MIA, as I posted before Ally is now sleeping in a Cot as opposed to her Hammock and the PC in her room, so could not get in here enought.. but all is well, and I think of you all often and will often get in a checky read but enought time to post!

Ally is a changed baby since the Tresillian outreach visit and moving to her cot.. Not a single tear has been shead, but she now sleeps for 90 mins 2-3 times per day (as opposed to 2 x 45mins), and she only wakes twice a night for a feed (not every hour on the hour)... Life is so much better with a few hours of sleep under your belt...

well, have to go visitors have just arived, hope to chat more soon
    luv
    CC
    (thinking of those in VIC near the fires... hope no one is impacted too bad).

Well, ladies im off, must marinade this meat we're having for dinner... making a red wine and garlic marinade. Yummo. But has to marinade for at least an hour, and im hungry all ready... just going to buy a couple of $$ of chips from the milk bar, too hot to do much cooking...

IK - thinking of you and DP

CC - that is so great that Ally has finally settled down!! Make for a much happier mummy i love her ticker pic, she look like such a lil princess
    Last edited by simone; December 9th, 2006 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Forgot IK's not married yet, and had to change the DH to DP LOL

Hi girls - what a stinker of a day. Farm party was lots of fun but just far too hot. It was really smokey there and my eyes were really stinging by the time it finished. Chelsea went up to milk the cow, but backed out at the last minute, she did manage to touch the udder instead! I am so glad Marley stayed with MIL as she would have been miserable. Went to MIL for a swim and it was beautiful and refreshing. Home about 4.30 to tidy up a bit and brother/SIL/nieces coming at 8pm. Chelsea is so pooped she went into her room to read books and fell asleep. I glad she did, give her renewed energy to play with her cousin tonight. DH called this morning, got to Wangaratta OK said smoke was really bad up there, you couldn't see 3 metres in front of you. He has been moved somewhere else (couldn't hear where, bad reception), and there were fears that a tanker and crew had gone missing. They may have had to assist with that. That was at 2.30pm so not sure what else is happening but he said it was so hot!!! Poor thing, felt rather guilty enjoying the coolness of the pool.

IK - lets hope no fires in the dandenongs this year and definately no arsonists! Glad DP doesn't have to go anywhere yet, lets hope he can stay at home! So true what you say about the babies and love. I was always worried when I found out I was pregnant with Marley, could I love this baby as much as I love Chelsea. Well as soon as she was born, I knew I definately could. She just melts my heart with her smiles, very loud squeals and giggles and I feel like I have missed so much of her newborn baby time, she is nearly 6mths old, where has the time gone!!! Chelsea now melts my heart with beautiful things she says!

Rory - glad to hear you had a good night and Flynn was such a good boy for his nana! Can't wait to see pics. Great news about the egg disappearing!

Simone - Happy 6mth to Anneliese!!! How did shopping go? Marinade sounds yum, hope you enjoy it.

CC - glad to hear you back. Ally sounds like she is being such a good girl for you, well done for perservering with it. You must feel like a new women getting that little bit of extra sleep.

Karen - it is the silly season isn't it. So much to do with not enough time! Good luck house hunting.

Stay cool everyone and have fun tonight whatever you do! Will jump back on later tonight.

Seeing as ppl want to know how we are, we are fine atm.
    IK- It was really bad yesterday and this morning, but at least I could see across the road. Headed up to the fire hut this arvo to get a good look at the smoke and could see it was covering most of the Goulburn Valley. DSE man said that atm the fires are about 50km in a straight line away from us and if the wind keeps going the way it is(this was back at 1.30) it will go around the towns that are under threat. The wind has now died down again, which in a way in still a good thing but tonight the northerlys are supposed to pick up which as you know is a bad thing.The fire front is still travelling at 60km/hr which is still pretty bad.
    Mel- Glad DH is in Wangaratta, they have probably sent him to start cleaning up the Whitfield/Cheshunt areas. Keeping him in my prayers.
    Rory- Thankyou for the message, made me think....Hope DH is feeling better soon, Headaches seem to be spreading, I have one now!
    CC- It must be good to get a full night sleep or nearly one, I have Pat waking up at 3 and 5 still, then Bella gets up at 4.
    Karen- Keep trying for a house hun, its tough at this time of the year,I know, but you have to keep looking.
    Simone- Did you say that Anneliese is 6 mth already? Boy does time fly.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast