Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #27

Hi Nickel, great to see you back, I pop in now and then and I hear you on the rest for a day pay for it for weeks thing, lol, Lucy is gorgeous.

Nickel
    First of all you are doing a wonderful job as a mum don't let anyone tell you differently.
    Second.....Welcome "Home"

Nickel welcome back into our comfy arms, you are doing a great job and don't let anyone tell you any different. As for making mistakes at work, well your only human and mistakes are just that. Hope to see you in here whenever you feel like it, and I like 7th know exactly what you mean about the washing.

Neeny yeah you should skip tomrrow if it's going to get you down, how rude of them not to acknowledge that you had some input in how Aleise looks, I think she is more you.

Karen hope Nathan will be alright tonight.

hugs xoxo

Thanks gals!

Nickel - nice to meet you (so to speak!). I am new to the group only coming on board in October. I wouldn't worry about making mistakes at work, as Amanda said, we are all human! Having 2 kids and getting yourself to work is a feat in itself! I am sure you do a wonderful job as a mum and don't ever doubt your abilities. Hope to chat to you more this year. BTW Lucy's picture is beautiful.

Neeny - I hear what you are saying about IL's saying how much Aleise looks like them! My MIL is exactly the same, says all the time how both my girls look like my DH's side of the family. When someone else trys to tell her otherwise, she corrects them! I wouldn't pay $300 for a dress either - but just wandering around the shops is fun!

Karen - sorry to hear Nathan is a bit grizzly after his needles - poor little man! Hope he is better tomorrow.

Nickel! welcome back! its good to hear from you again and Ruby looks so gorgeous!
    sorry you are having a rough time at the moment, i cannot really give advise how to cope with more then one child but there are lots of lovely ladies in here that can. But i hope things look up for you and thats right everyone makes mistakes we are not robots.

happy 7months Cody!!

well day 1 of health kick off to a good start, went to the gym thismorning and walked Nixon & dogs this arvo.
    Simone- i know 1st bday's will be coming soon ahhh! already set the date though for Nixon's as we have a wedding in Syd that dh is a groomsmen for on the 24th April 9a tuesday) so if we are not already living back there we will go up on the fri b4 and have a combined 1st bday for Nixon and my neice!
    anyway bedtime now, speak to u all tomorrow

#karen# Guest

Nickel - Welcome back. I so know how you feel! Well now that I have had my 3rd, I'm still not organised and housework still overwhelms me, but I don't care as much now. As I've grown older I have learnt to forgive myself more. I find that washing is practically an everyday chore. For things like washing floors and changing bedsheets I find I have to write it down on my calendar so I don't forget. A few people here have been using the flylady website to help, just google flylady. i never got further than the shiny sink.
    Thanks amanda and mel, nathan went to bed at 9pm woke at 1:30 for a feed, back to sleep and then wide awake at 5am, not overly impressed by the 5am. He seems fine tho after needles.
    Nic - where do you expect to be living in Sydney?
    That's so scary that we will be having 1st birthdays soon, doesn't time fly when you're having fun.
    Jess - how did your aunt's b'day go?
    Hope everyone ahs a good day.

Karen Cody was up for a feed a 5am as well and is still awake sitting in the pram beside me now having a chat to himself while the boys take turns shoving their faces in his.

Nic your such an organised person, I haven't even thought of Cody's 1st birthday party yet. Keep up the good work with the health kick, You Can Do It. I'm your personal cheer squad, lol.

Jess how was your Aunt's birthday party?

Well Cody and Wyatt have conjuntivitis (sp) so I've been bathing it with salt water hopefully it will clear up so.

hugs xoxo

Morning all

just a quickie to let you know im alive, will pop back in later. Didnt have the best night...

Morning girls - phew it is already hot out there!

Simone, you know my thoughts on your situation :hugs: You shouldn't listen to negative talk - your mothering has totally turned around my prejudices on how I thought a young mum would be with her kids. I KNOW you are doing an amazing job because I KNOW what you are battling against. Keep up the good work honey - those kids love you very much.

Amanda, I sympathise with the two sickies - I find it hard enough with one!

Karen, LOL about not getting past the shiny sink!! With three littlies I can imagine why!! I must admit, that is why I have gone on such a cleaning bender - I figure if we want 3 kids, I had BETTER get my act together now, cause I know I have no hope otherwise. I want to get my house to the state where I just clean surfaces, and everything is put away. Ahhhh - reminds me of a fridge magnet I saw - a woman lying with her hed on her pillow thinking "I dreamt my whole house was clean" LOL!!!

Nickers I am on my health kick too. Because we are now TTC #2 (DTD every day this year - LOL!) I figure I had better move this last 6 kilos FAST. Plus I really want to start doing weights - I suffered a bit with back pain with Flynn - and since they say don't do any exercise once pg that you didn't do before you were pg, I better get going on that too,

Mel and Neeny, even my ILs can't deny the fact that Flynn looks like me - I don't think they have ever said he looks like their side - LOL!

Karen, Dee and Bath - I think I will be joining you in the bitten nipple stakes = I got one from Flynn yesterday and he is still a little gummy bear.

Jess, Happy New Year, and glad you have a pool to "swim" in - LOL!! I hate being dunked!

And finally Nickel!! So good to have you back - I hope that by popping in here you start to cheer up a bit - think of us as your own personal cheer squad, because we all in our own way know what you are going through

better go - just shined my sink (lol) and been for a walk - now I gotta throw out more crap!!

thanks rory. After all that crap last night, i ended up going to bed and just ignoring him. Im just going to ignore everything negative, then maybe life will seem a little better..

Hi All,

for some reason i am not getting email notifications on the june thread? I wasnt in the last thread either so finding it hard to keep updated cause i dont know when there are new posts! i seem to be getting them for every other post though?? hmm strange...

im sore from the gym yesterday but managed to go again thismorning, a few of us in april thread are doing our own biggest looser thing so hoping this helps to keep me motivated and not fall off the wagon again.
    Rory im trying to loose this weight b4 falling pg again too cause i know it will be harder to loose 2nd time around if the excess doesnt come off first

karen- DH really wants to live in the sutherland shire cause thats where he is from but he just doesnt understand we cannot afford to live there! there is a new housing estate out in Moorebank we are seriously thinking about, and funnily enough i grew up in mbank, my bro and sis are still there so would be really good! where are you?

Simone- i like your new ticker pic, was that from the austprem chrissy party?! hope we can cheer you up in here today!

i thought Nix had gone to sleep but he is carrying on, lately he seems to be harder to get to bed then b4? anyone else experiencing this? anyway better go sort him out.

Hi again

Welcome back Nickel.. I think you were in TTC and due in June forum 'cause I remember you. Don't put yourself down - we all do the best we can and I'm sure you're doing a lot better than you give yourself credit for! Looking after one child isn't easy at times so two is just a lot more work! Give yourself a pat on the back and maybe have some more chocolate to make you feel better! lol!

Well we HAVE TO go to the inlaws today even though its raining - I had a horrible thought this morning that if Matt goes up with Aleise they're going to have an accident - even though theres not much traffic to the Sunshine Coast midweek.. besides would like to check out Sunshine Plaza 'cause I haven't been there in like 4 years! So I think I will drive up.

Oh this will make some of you laugh: I dropped my boiled egg at breakfast this morning, I wasin the kitchen and Aleise in her baby swing a good 8 metres away and I said the F word very loud well guess what she said?? Yeppers the F word. Gee I hope she never repeats that again and if she does it in front of the inlaws I'll just say she picked it up from a naughty little boy at daycare I know I must stop swearing and this is the real key to doing it NOW! Doesn't matter that I've been trying to teach her "Mamma, mummy etc" She says Dadda, Daddy or the F word.. Go figure!

Sorry no personals - as per usual in a rush.. gotta go and look pretty for the inlaws who are just going to ignore me and focus on Aleise and her youngest cousin who'll probably be up there too.. will fill you in later.

Have a good day all.

Neeny xoxo

Yep nic, it was from the austprem party.

neeny - they will pick up alot worse words as they get older... I've been tryin to teach Anneliese "Mum" but Dh reckon's she's already said "dada" funny how never hear it though...

Morning all,

Karen & Amanda - you poor buggers, having to get up at 5am! It is a killer at that time because depending on when they settle again, its sometimes not worth going back to sleep.

Rory & Nic - I too am trying to lose some after baby weight. I didn't lose all of it after Chelsea was born and you are right, its harder to lose after the second one. My problem is I snack too much on bad stuff! We eat very well for lunch, dinner etc but I need to stop snacking and get back on my exercise bike. Hopefully we can all lose the weight we want and motivate each other. I want to trim a little before Noosa - no way am I getting myself into bathers just yet.

Neeny - enjoy your trip up to Beerwah, even if under sufferance LOL!!! PSL about the "F" word, they are like little parrots. I called a lady who cut me off in the car the other day a freakin idiot, a few days later someone braked very quickly in front of me and Chelsea said "is that man a freakin idiot"!!!! I need to watch what I say all the time and not just swearing, its anything she repeats.

Simone - sweetie. Sorry you had a bad night, it seems like lately there are more bad than good days and that shouldn't be happening. If you need anything just call or email me. Someone needs to pull their finger out - and it's not you! :mad:

Last night Chelsea wanted to sleep in her undies (she is not toilet trained overnight yet) and she did a big wee before bed so I thought we might be ok. Went in to turn off her light about 12.15am and she was half hanging out of bed, she woke up and said she'd wet the bed. Changed her undies, put a towel on one side of her bed (she has a double bed) and was going to put nappy back on but she didn't want to. 4.30am she wakes me up to say she is wet again! Change her nightie, put nappy on, put blanket on drier side and back to sleep. This morning when she took her nappy off, it was very wet - so 3 big wees overnight! For those with the older kids, how did you train them overnight???? I I have no clue what I should be doing. She is 4 soon, and we have been talking about it for a while as I think she is starting to hate wearing nappies to bed. Any advice or suggestions appreciated.

DH and Chelsea are at IL's again swimming. Marley is in bed and we might all go back later this afternoon. Everyone have a great day.

Mel, i stopped all drink after about 3pm for Xander, and i only give him little sips of water if he's "weally weally firsty" He's been fully night trained (out of nappies) for about 6-8 weeks now. We occasionally have a wet night, but thats only if DH gives him a late drink, or if he helps himself... I also got the pull ups, as they worked for SIL, but Xander treated them like nappies. We found the best thing for Xander was during the day, each time he went to the toilet, and during the night if he got up to go to he toilet or went through without wetting, he'd get to put a sticker on his poster of brad johnson (his fav AFL player) and when he put so many on there, he gets a surprise. When he finished the page of stickers, we took him to a doggies training session, where he got to meet "johnno" and since then, not a prob!! We dont do the stickers during the day anymore, but every time he wees in the toilet he comes and asks me for a treat.... cheeky buggar!!

So whens our ****tail/wine party going to be, and where??

Mel I agree with Simone no drinks from say 3-4hrs before bed except for sips, get her to go to the toilet before bed like you do then wake her to go to the toilet before you go to bed and if Marley wakes after you go to bed say early morning get her up again and try her on the loo. She doesn't need to be fully awake just enough for you to guide her to the loo. She will soon get the hang of it, it's just patience and repetitiveness, I've read somewhere that it can take up to when they are 5-6 to be fully toilet trained. Hope some of this helps. Kailen was my longest so far he was fully toilet trained just after his 3rd b'day, but Lockie was still having accidents if he had to hold on to long up until he was 31/2.

hugs xoxo

Im starting to toilet train declan now... he's nearly 22 months old. Figure i may as well start getting him used to at least seeing the potty!!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast