Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #29

Rory if only I was a Melbourne girl I would've taken all the videos off your hands, ah well, I also don't know what number one is either.

Bath I think your sanity is fine, I can see both your side and Simones, but I agree a break is a break, no matter how hard it is.

Simone yeah Anneliese, that's good now that she's eating better, I think they do it in their own time and at their own pace.

After a hot day yesterday we've got another overcast day, it's still muggy tho so will see how the heat goes. BBL.

hugs xoxo

A hand mouli is a kitchen gadget that grates/shreads/zests etc... you rotate it... know what I mean? I'm happy with my old fashioned upright one... but thanks for posting the details Rory

On our way into the city now... see you all later this afternoon

Thanks for that bath

bugger i stuffed up......
    Thismorning i was meant to have a 2hour pampering package with included a full body massage, facial and foot treatment.
    It was at 10am and i forgot about it.....Nixon has a Paed appointment at 12.00 and dh was going to be taking him, instead i left to go to the shops to exchange something and wasnt till i got there 10.20 i realised what was on today.... re booked but its another 3 weeks away i was really looking forward to this it was my bday present from dh from august last yr that i was finally going to use!!

anyway bbl gotta take Nixon to paed myself now, will do personals this arvo
    KICKING MYSELF!!!!!

Argh!! Buggar hey nic,i always do things like that, i need to get myself a diary or something

Back home and smiling now that the cool change has arrived... opened up the house... had a great time in the city: Borders/lunch with DH... didn't spend any other $ although Verity has been such an angel this morning that I have promised her a new pair of Haviana thongs and now that we have the same size feet I can borrow them off her! I hope her feet are going to slow down/stop now... it'd be great to be able to share the same shoes from now on plus it would save heaps of $.

Nic: Oh no! I know how you're feeling. When I was pregnant I forgot nearly EVERY hair appointment... I think I ended up ****ing off the hairdresser to the point that I don't feel comfortable returning! So now I just go to the local one here in our village.... cheaper anyhow... and they make me a coffee... the other place was all the way over in Fitzroy.... DH still goes there which annoys me because it's a waste of petrol i think when there are so many good places close by. Oh and I've been cutting Wade's hair for the past few months... bugger paying $20 a pop for him...even though he did love having it done and sat there like a statue like a little prince LOL Anyhow, i watched closely last time he had it done and if I do say so myself I reckon I do a pretty good job! I like it a bit longer on top so it keeps a bit of his curl... the hairdresser was a bit gung-ho and just snipped it all over... being fussy I take the time to get it just right... Verity lets me do hers too now and only needs an annual tidy up at the local place. DH will never let me touch his LOL he firmly believes it's best left to a professional and when it comes to his hair I agree.... too much responsibility! Plus men's cuts are always much cheaper than ladies so it doesn't really matter despite the fact that he has a cut every 6 weeks whether he needs it or not. He's my "high maintainence" man LOL his annual budget for clothing/shoes/accesories (eg cufflinks)/grooming etc way exceeds mine and it's only fair as he has a professional standard to maintain.

back in a tic... Niall's half way out the back door... he's become very mobile very quickly! Don't worry Nic, Nixon will soon follow suit! Enjoy the last few weeks of non-mobility!

Sounds like you had a good day bath!! I've been watching BOM intently all day. and been slowly watching the temp drop... dont know if i want the rain yet, as once it stops, it will just become really muggy!!

I used to only pay $20 for haircut/ colour and treament - my sister (the one up in the mines) is a hairdresser. Since then though, dont think i've had anything done to my hair - prolly why its grown so long!!

Ali - hope you find a great day care place for Tori. I was lucky enough to love the first place I went to (I was recommended by other friends who had kids there) and Chelsea has been there for nearly 3 years.

Simone - I don't know where I saw or read this but the saying goes "love is not supposed to hurt". Keep thinking about that when you are having a weak moment. It is so true - love is supposed to make you feel wonderful inside, not like a crappy worthless being! I agree with Bath too about the car, but can see where you are coming from. Can't DH catch the train to work? Sounds unroadworthy anyway, so he really shouldn't be driving it either. Just don't let him manipulate the situation with promises of money etc. The journal is a great idea.

Rory - you poor thing, nothing worse than a hot train/tram with lots of smelly passengers. Don't need any of the things on your list, but keep them coming. I should look through my things too. We used to have a mouli for my youngest brother - about 20 years ago!!! They were really good though - made good baby food.

Bath - I could do with some of your frugal vibes! I try not to spend money, but I always find something to buy. When we did our renovation, the air con was high on the list. We have all windows in the back of the house and we have a tin, flat roof with very minimal insulation so the house is like an oven on hot days. I am not looking forward to the time when school fees need to be paid - but it might not be much different to what I pay now in childcare LOL!!! Glad your trip to town was good. Love Haviannas too and the colours are getting more funky all the time - you can get shimmer ones now. You would die about how much I pay for my hair - around $150 every 8 weeks!!! Thankfully when I need Chelseas cut, they do it before mine and don't charge me (nor should they after forking out for mine). Wades hair looks good, so you do a great job. PML about your "high maintenance" man - but I like to see men who take pride in their appearance, theres not too many around. Nothing looks better than a well groomed man! Yeah to Niall for becoming mobile - they are all starting to take off now.

Nic - bugger about your missed appointment. 3 weeks will come around quick enough. I have a $150 voucher that my work friends gave me after Marley was born that I haven't used yet - must do that soon. Baby brain never goes away! Hope Nixon goes well at his paed appointment.

Amanda - the muggy days are worse than the hot ones! It is muggy here today too, just wish it would rain and rain hard!

Been to lunch at the shops with the GF. Kids were very well behaved and we had a nice lunch. Changed over some clothes that MIL bought for Marley (she got size 1's!!!) and got Chelsea a new dance leotard (see I can't help spending LOL!!!). I didn't buy anything though! Better go start dinner - I will pop back later.

XH does catch the train, but we live a little way away from the station... he's going to start getting lifts with his mum (who's working the Oz Open, and has to catch the same train - he's been taking her every morning! Why cant she drive grrrr...)

Hiya Mel I was worried that I might have offended you regarding the a/c... don't you worry: as soon as DH and I either buy this place or build our own a/c will also be a priority although i also hope to incorporate some design features to optimise natural heating and cooling if we build our own... I don't want ducted, just a system in the main living area. It's so hard sometimes making a financial decision and sticking to it when it involves long term goals. So many temptations. Gotta keep my eye on the ball though. Our logic is that our kids only get one chance at a top education and that DH and i can build a home and accumulate stuff any old time (just not right now! LOL). I also saw my parents choosing to build a home first and accumulating stuff and pursueing expensive sports like sailing and golf... then they got divorced and the house had to be sold and all the stuff had to be sold to move interstate... so what the hell was it all for??? At least nobody can take Verity's education away from her.... and her character is formed and she looooves school... so we've already got our money's worth as far as I'm concerned. Anyhow, I'd suggest you start putting aside a little extra money for the girls' education too darl, it's getting more expensive all the time... and the fees are only part of the story... there's uniforms, textbooks etc etc etc I wish that we knew that we were going to take this path before she started school... life would have been so much easier.

Gotta think about dinner here too... not sure what to do... maybe felafel rolls?

im just getting s cooked chook and salad for dinner, was thinking about making my own chips - must check and see if i have potatoes.. Hate this weather just have no energy, and always seem to have headaches...

yummy bath Falafel rolls! You will have to pass on that recipe!
    Im just doig soft taco's tonight, quick, easy and yummy.

Rory- i hate trains on a normal day, can't imagine it with the heat of yesterday.... i thought they were all air conned now??

Yep Nixon's Paed appointment went well, always pretty quick, asks how he is going what he is or isnt doing, any concerns, checks his insides with the stethescope, checks his testies, checks his hips then we're done! Said to c him in another 4 months so ive made the appoint for Mid May but told him we may not still be here, so if not i will go c him b4 we leave.

Meant to say Happy 7months to Ruby for yesterday Nickel! and also BBL = Be Back Later
    My boy is 3/4 of a year old yikes!
    Happy 10months too to Ronan![/

Hi Nic: You can buy felafel ball mix at Coles from the health food aisle... really easy to do and turns out the same as the ones they hand out on Acland St. You just add salad eg shredded lettuce, diced tomato and a garlic or hommus sauce and roll up in flat bread... perfect hot summer night meal... but it's almost chilly now hey? looooovely

Happy 10 months to Ronan, and 9 months to Nixon!!

How time has flown

Not much going on here, just mad a quick satay stirfry for dinner, feeling really crappy. XH is just putting so much pressure on me - like today. The lounge room is immaculate (apart from the train set on the ground) kids room clean, ashing done... Dishes everywhere in Kitchen. Planning to do them later, once the kids in bed as ig et no interruptions. X gets here and starts on me!! Im too messy, if i dont keep the house cleaner, he will call DHS and take the kids off me!! Im trying to hard, i havent had a moments peace since i got them back - and while im not complaining that i have them i still need 5 mins to myself... I asked for him to stay her sat night with them, so i'll go do something and stay elsewhere. His response?? "I might already have plans, so i dont know." WTF? He's got poker on thurs and Fri night, a Doggies breakfast in Glen Waverly in Sat, and when do i get my time?? Apparetly never. AND he wants me to stay in melbourne until the end of 07. Well if this continues, i wont be able to, i have no family support over here, adn obviously no help/support from him... Im just so tired, i keep snapping at the kids all time time, and when they cry, i resent it. I just want some peac and quiet, and some me time... is that selfish?? im the one who broke the marriage up... i dont know. im all over the place, and i cant find my journal or a pen anywhere... (i put my jounal away because it was becoming depressing when i read back through it...) Im sorry im whinging so much, i just dont have anyone else to speak to...

quick one from me - been busy with mothers group and a sad little boy. I gave Flynn yoghurt twice in a row - yesterday he had little hard rabbit poos after it and today missed his mid arvo poo and was constipated and screaming in pain
    looks like he is lactose intolerant, for now anyway.

hello to all - enjoyed reading posts but not much time ATM (have a council meeting tomorrow night and have to read my agenda yet - 100 pages plus as always......

goodnight girls

ETA : Sim sorry you are having a rough time, but isn't it better to be alone that with someone who makes you feel so bad? Cheer up luvvy, the only way is up from here......
    Last edited by Roryrory; January 17th, 2007 at 08:09 PM.

Simone- XH has no right to tell you what he thinks of you or what to do anymore. Did he come down in the last shower if he thinks having 2 boys at 3 & under are going to keep things tidy for more then 10seconds? How are you even washing up with a broken wrist? did he forget your still using one hand? I think you need to tell him what night he will stay with the kids, even if you make it the same night each week your going to go insane if you do not have a break....i thought when you guys had a talk you were discussing things like this? If you did then you need to remind him of this he is their father to and you are doing the right thing by wanting him to be a part fo their lives but if he cannot give you one night a week maybe he doesn't deserve that right??

We were dicussin things, and thngs went downhill after he stared telling me the house looked like sh*t. Then after he helped put the kids to bed, i said "I'd like some time to myself this weekend" which gave him the option of picking a time - im not fussed!! But he said "i think im pretty much busy all weekend, you wanted the kids, well you've got them. Im still washing dishes with one hand, i have to, otherwise they dont get done! But i got water in my cast the other day, and it smells now... hopefully will get it off next eek. But my DR said its a pretty bad break in an unusual spot, so im not surprised my cast has been on 8 week this friday...

If he doesnt start helping me, im going to tell him that he cant come around every night when he feels like it, he has to draw up a sheet of the nights and plan properly. Im being pretty flexible - im even still cooking dinner for him!! Just so it seems a little more normal for thekids - they see daddy after work and until bedtime.) But if XH's not going to be around whats the point of trying like that anymore??

I have a headache i cannot shake, and i feel like crying all the time for no reason...

i honestly feel like im going insane already...

Sim I agree with Nic and I really think you should have a third party with you and your XH when discussions of this nature take place. It sounds like he is still able to intimidate you into getting the free fatherood ride You need to get back to Perth asap but until then limit the time that you and he spend alone together.

ETA: I hear you when you say you want to keep things "normal" for the children but what's going to happen when you go back to Perth?

Hey, I'm sorry, (((hugs))) you don't need to start dwelling on all of this at this time of night darl. And sitting in front of the 'pute for long stints is guaranteed to make you feel highly strung (it does something to unbalance our natural electrical charge... the opposite of what happens when we go for walks after a thunderstorm apparently.... you know how that's refreshing? Well being infront of a computer/tv for too long is really draining on us.

anyhow, try curling up with a book.... have you been to your library much lately?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast