Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #30

Hey mel - sounds like you ad a great day. The soup sounds nice.. i bought the boys mcdonalds, and i had red rooster. I was going to cook a roast tonight, but its step-FIL's 50th and we're going to Chartreuse in Keilor rd for a "party" sort of thing. I was stuffed, over spent on ebay before falling asleep. I bought about 3 fitted cloth nappies and a clean shopper thing for Anneliese. Going to hope i get no bills in for a couple of weeks...

Karen - that makesme so when i lose a big post! i do it all the time (dodgy computer)

Good morning (only just!) Slept in... wonderful DH kept the kids quiet for several hours so that I could catch up on some sleep. Niall hasn't been sleeping as well as he usually does and last night was a bit cool so he slept with us (ie me, on my side of the bed which means i sleep lightly while DH sleeps deeply). He has just polished off a huge cup of Bellamies Organic Mueslie... he loves anything you feed him so far. Also he is almost sitting! Verity has been making sure he gets lots of practice... if it wasn't for her efforts I'd say he'd still be a few weeks off... but now he can hold himself up for a minute or so.... still crashes down occassionally but that's just part of it. He is also starting to pull himself up onto the coffee table which, like Karen, I'm sooo not ready for!

Yesterday after Verity returned from Little Athletics just her and I went up to Greensborough Plaza and Savers and did some shopping... some great bargains around but I was disciplined... couldn't resist a few items at Savers though: bought 2 skirts for me/ a skirt for Verity/ 2 tops for Verity/ a small bucket of Duplo/ a Thomas the Tank Engine Book/ a brand new (!!!) still sealed Ravensburger puzzle for Wade all for $35 (with a 10% discount with my loyalty card). They are sooo well stocked after Christmas with people donating unwanted items and decluttering! So that fufilled my need for a bit of retail therapy! LOL Then Verity and I went over to the Plaza and saw Miss Potter (based on the life of Beatrix Potter, creator of Peter Rabbit whom I adore)... excellent movie... highly recommended... Verity was fascinated by the old fashioned customs of women being accompanied by a chaperone at all times if they were single, to protect their reputations LOL as she grows older I'm starting to think there's something to be said for that idea!!! hehe.

ETA: Hi Simone, sounds like you had a fun night out Unfortunately we've had a few bad experiences at Crown so we avoid the place. Once we took Verity there to see a movie and on the way out some creepy man asked if we were pimpimg Verity!!!! OMG I was soooo repulsed. I don't knock people who enjoy going there but I feel the place has a bad vibe but each to their own. Hope you are able to catch up on some sleep!

Rory: on my way to read your post now... (ETA) yep I agree you can feel totally ok about calling Flynn's delivery "natural"! I do the same IRL (as you will read in my contribution to that thread)... but in BB I don't refer to my delivery as natural because I've:
    a) got the time to clarify.
    b) feel confident that most other BB members understand the birthing jargon like "oxytocin" (many caesar mums don't IRL for example).
    c) don't feel as shy discussing the intimate details of my births in here.

So I agree with your sentiments but also think that using different terminology according to your audience/with whom you are discussing the issue with could be the way to go I also think it's great that you were able to speak your mind honestly and tactfully... knowing Kelly she wouldn't have taken the slightest offence at what you were saying because you certainly took the time to phrase it tactfully ... thumbs up matey!

Hello,

well pretty lazy day here so far, after Nixon woke at 8.30am, had his bottle, breakky we all went back to bed (well dh never got out) and watched priates of the carrabian 2. Nixon fell asleep at about 10am and i dont think i was far behind him! starnge that staying in bed can make u more tired!
    Ive just read the paper on our balcony in the sun which was very nice.

Rory- great post, you really do put lots of thought and effort into your posting, i cannot contribute to the thread though because even up until my caeser i had interventions.
    I am hoping that when i fall pg with number 2 i will be able to go back to my gyno in Sydney. He was the one that quarterized or whatever he did (burnt abnormal cells off after i had CIN3) My OBGYN thought it was this procedure that caused hard scar tissue around my cervix hence why it would not dialte.
    I want to get his opinion, wonder if he can do an internal early to c if u can see this scar tissue and/or if there would be any hope i could get a VBAC next time.
    after struggling to come to terms with not delievering vaginally i really want to look into all the possibilitys if there is any slight hope.

Simone - ebay can be a bit too addictive sometimes! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you don't get too many bills. I haven't had red rooster in years - I used to love the strip subs when I was pregnant with Chelsea.

Bath - LOL at DH sleeping deeply. I think you've just described nearly every males sleeping habits. I don't know many men that don't. Mine will sleep through anything! Well done on your bargains at Savers - I love that place. I used to go to the one in Brunswick with my aunty who lives near there but I now go to the Dandenong one. Its a great place and you need to spend a bit of time there. Might have to make a trip there before we go on holidays! Niall is getting clever! Verity is good to help him out, she is such a good helper. Movie sounds great - Renee Zellwegger looks so different in the previews I have seen. Chaperone idea sounds like a good one LOL!! We usually only go to Crown complex for dinner, the rest of the place is a bit seedy. The Docklands waterfront is much nicer and they have really good restaurants. I can totally understand how you would be repulsed by such an awful comment.

Nic - how did your open house go, did they get many through? I can't stay in bed, once I am awake, thats it, I have to get up. Drives me crazy. I have tried to read etc but I keep thinking about things I need to do. Sounds like a lovely lazy morning - good on you! It will be interesting to see what your OB says regarding the scar tissue etc.

DH at work (again!) so just the girls again tonight. I have only seen him for a couple of hours a day this week. Did some shopping this morning, cleaned the floors (was thinking of you Nic LOL!!!) and hung out last load of washing. Took Marley outside in her bouncer while I did some weeding and sweeping. She had a lovely time, Chelsea was in her cubby making me dinner with her playdough we made this afternoon. Beautiful day outside today, got lots done.

Hope everyone has had a good Sunday - off to get dinner ready! Want to have dinner, clean up, kids bathed etc by 7.30pm so I can watch the tennis final! Better be more interesting than the womens final! BBL

oh yes the open for inspection. Well we had 2 lots of people come through.
    One lot were looking for a new investment property and the other said it was the best house they have seen so far.
    We didnt expect a lot of people through as the house only went on the market 2 days prior. The sign is still nto up out the front which i was a bit dissapointed with because across the rd had their OFI the same day in the morning (same real estate) and had it been there they all would have seen the sign as they went to theirs.
    So going to call them tomorrow and find out when the sign is going up. It should also be in our local paper this week or next week.

thanks for thinking of me Mel whilst washing the floors lol! i thought i was going to have to do them when dh had to work Sat but he came home with time to spare and ofcourse i had been doing everything else first trying to avoid doing them lol! he did downstairs and i just did the balcony off our bedroom and bathrooms so that wasnt so bad.

Well I'm home from Mums and I had a BALL!
    The fireworks were great , lots of colour and sparkles! Bella got so scared though.Poor baby.
    The reunion, OMG everyone was soooooo shocked when they found out how many kids we had! LOL

Just unpacked from camping, have read the two pages of posts and I"m ready to pike it for the day! We went to Yarrawonga (well, just out of there, on the River) in the end - had a great time! Jess, do tell where this place is - I'm always up for new camping ideas! The campervan is great and I'm hoping it will be available next time we want to go away - it's MIL's and it's a very tidy little unit, even when you don't use the power (no power in sight whenever we go camping)...
    anyway, will post more tomorrow, perhaps (got heaps on!).
    Goodnight

Nighty Nite IK, Jess, Nic, Mel, Simone and who ever else is on I'm off to bed too... hope you all have great weeks... mine's a busy one too... sleep well too June Bubbas!

Hey ladies, just a quickie here - so right now. Locked my damnkeys in the car, and ryan hid the spare (just put it away, not hiding it from me). Tried to get a hold of him, he's working the Big Day Out tonight, and hes not answering his phone!! And i had 3 self proclaimed "experts" trying to break into my car - none of them could do it! SO i had to leave it at MILs hoping XH will see them 20 odd missed calls on his phone and return them...

Party at Chartreuse was nice though, lots of food and drink! (even though i only had 1 champers and OJ mix, as i was driving). Stuffed though, and have a disgusting house to clean tomorrow

Will talk to you again hopefully tomorrow (if i get my house done!!)

Nighty night xx

I had a very eventful Sunday, nearly got rescued by the Lifesavers! Felt so dumb, I knew there was a rip/current, and thought I would just pop in past the waves and out again, but it was the strongest one i've ever been caught in, all the bronze star stuff from highschool comes flooding back(!) and I had just got to where I could stand up when the lifesaver with the board reached me. I still blush thinking about it, I grew up at the beach, I should bloody know what to do! The really dumb thing is that I was more concerned about looking stupid than being sucked out to sea... oh dear.
    I'll have to write a letter to local paper to thank them (even though they didn't end up rescuing me) and maybe make a donation.
    I realised how bad the rip was when I saw there were about 20 lifesavers patrolling 50 metres of beach!!

simone
    Spewing! Doesn't that just suck locking your keys in your car. And having to leave it? We have NRMA roadservice here, don't you guys have something similar? How did you get home? Hopefully XDH will drive it home for you.

Karen
    is the happy dance for Luke starting school/daycare on Tuesday?? Us mums are usually high-fiving each other!! Lucylegs starts school on Wednesday, and will be going 3 days a week. Don't know how I am going to go with the reduced hours, as she is usually at daycare...oh well. Wow Nathan's a total goer!! Ruby who is 8 days younger has been thinking about crawling but is finding rolling around so much more effective. Her teeth still haven't come through, but I know they have been bothering her on and off.

Ebay is addictive but can be great, I just bought Ruby a kindy gym thing on there for $3! It was still in the box! No postage as she lives 10 minutes away so was pretty pleased with that purchase!

IK
    Wow, short post for you IK!! you must have been knackered. Camping would be soo much fun, I'm trying to talk by DH into finding some time to do it. Especially with a campervan, it's easier with babies.

Ok, I'm off to the local pool (no rips or currents) with the girls. It's great, it wears Lucylegs out and she plays quietly by herself all afternoon! So worth it!

[B]Oh BTW - Rory, [/B]I would have been completly pi$$ed if someone told me my birth was not natural, I do understand your position and how you felt, I hope you understood that? (you know being my kindred spirit from mars and all...)I wonder sometimes though, as it seems as if "natural" is some kind of better or superior birth? I was glad you wrote what you did though, it balances out the discussion which is important. Nickers you said you had to get over having a ceasar -- why? was it disappointing? I suppose if it was an emergency ceasar it would be, I've heard nothing good about those. Good on you for looking at the option of Vbac though, I'm not sure how I feel about those... don't have to worry at this stage as I have had two "natural" (in my definition) births.

Caillan - I hope this comment on another forum is ok?

Have a great day everyone.

Thanks for being so thoughtful Nickel Yep its fine, so long as we don't comment negatively about other posters on other parts of the forum. Of course we cannot stop you from discussing BellyBelly topics within this thread, I just think its nice manners to not speak of others who may not be part of this group but may view it iykwim.

*hugs*
    Cailin

With all due respect, I didn't find the same courtesy extended to us Junies last year, with other posters having a dig at us during our tumultuous time. However, I totally agree that being disparaging outside of the relevant thread (or even within it!) is poor form - and no-one has done it here, to my knowledge, so I think we're ace!
    Yep, Nickel, I was pretty rooted last night! Oscar didn't put up much of a fight to get to sleep, so I know he was out of it, too! The only difference using the campervan was that we didn't have a tent to erect, and they're pretty easy anway. We packed our peripherals and then got in the van and left. We have never camped where there is power, anyway, so the microwave seems a bit superfluous sitting in there. It's a Sunliner Hiace thing and MIL uses it quite a bit nowadays (she got it last year, after FIL passed away), so we'll have to organise our camping weekends well in advance to get a shot at using it. The only reason it's handy now for us is that with Oscar and the dog we can't use either of our cars, as we need a trailer. MIL sold FIL's car recently and that had a towbar, so we used that last time and now we're a bit stuck if there's no campervan to use. And DP doesn't want to put a roof rack on the Pulsar...I'm still not quite sure why. Anyway, my point is that I didn't find the van that much easier than a tent with Oscar.
    My poor horsey got his feet trimmed today...I was embarrassed because it had been such a long time between trimmings. Anyway, it's a new year and tomorrow I'll ride and leave Oscar with DP...or someone! Dammit, I just want to get back into it and now that I"m not preggers or needing to feed every two hours, I should be able to ride my pony!
    Well, there's loads of washing to do - clothes and camping dishes (dust on everything!) - so I'd better get back to it and check on sleeping Oscar (he is in his carseat still, with windows open so I can keep an ear on him...

I didn't find the same courtesy extended to us Junies last year
    LOL I actually had someone say "I saw what went on in your Belly Buddies group" as in a "nyah nyah" comment in another forum LOL! Ah women, we can be such b!tches!!

But on that topic, my DH the other day was very upset to find out that there was a similar schism in an online beer-brewing forum he visits! He was shocked and asid to me "I am dismayed to report that b!tchiness in forums is not restricted to women's forums!" I wish I could post a link here - the guys got really antsy because someone asked for a brew recipe, and one guy responded by saying why don't you do a google search, and then all the others took sides and there was actually a break-away forum established in protest! Over beer!!

What were we saying about Venus and Mars, Nickel?? and on the
    I do understand your position and how you felt, I hope you understood that?
    of course I do!! I just like challenging the status quo but doing it in a way that is tactful (thanks for the compliment on that, Bath )and that's why I posted what I did - it is the result of musings bewteen DH and I for some time now, about the whole natural vs vaginal birth thing.

IK, it sucks unpacking from a camping trip, dunnit? It's kind of why I keep pushing DH for an S&M holiday (ie: shallow and meaningless, lie on a beach kinda thing) cause all our trips are car trips and take A LOT of work!

better go - gotta do work work!!

IK- I can't believe we were only 60km from each other...I was in Rutherglen!!!!!!!!!

Morning all ladies!! I have a beautiful clean house, a line FULL of washing (and i mean i've got no more space whatsoever left, and i have the old hills hoist!) and kiddies in bed (apart from Xander,who's refusing to take naps now!) SO im treating myself to some relaxing time until the kids get up, then off to do the dishes and make bed (and put away all that washing LOL!

hey rory - you can pm me that link if you want didnt know guys b*tched?! interesting... i like the idea of an s&m holiday, im in desperate need of one of them!!

IK - glad you enjoyed camping, you need to live closer so i could take the little man while you go ride your poor pony

Nickel - my XBIL and his gf drove us all home (i was only about 2kms away anyway) I would love to be able to afford RACV but im living from week to week as it is, thats just another expense i cant afford... XH shouldnt have a prob, ill just get himto call his mum, she can come get him, then he can find the keys somewhere in there (cant remember where i left, them, think in the boot where i was fiddling around in Allies nappy bag) and drive back here. I had to put daycare off until tomorrow (luckily there was enough spaces!) since its too far away for declan to walk (dont have the toddler seat for the pram).

Well, i was talking to this agency i am with thats been giving me a big hand (putting me onto counselling, helping me with extensions for daycare for the kids etc etc) and they think hthey may be able to get some funding to help me get to perth. Im going to try and get as much as i can together, but i need a few thousand dollars, easily... They think also because there was violence in the realtionship, we will also be able to get a few different agencies to help. I just have to show t=its the best for the kids. Whcih i can show, easily. Over here, we have noboday visit anymore. my MIL never see's the kids, even though she goes to see my SIL everyday, and take treats to my nephews. and she babysits non stop. My poor kids miss out... but if i go back to perth, i will have alot more family support, and my family will LOVE having the kids back. Mum actually writes each of them their own emil and asks that i sit the child on my lap, and read them the email, and follow the instructions (big kisses and cuddles sort of thing.) they love it! and then we write back. So they take more interest in their grandchildrens lives and they are 3000kms away... MIL is less than 5kms away. Sorry to ramble on, it just really upsets me that my children are missing out, because the IL's believe everything is y fault, and their son is not to blame for anything...

BBL, Anneliese is up...

Sim - you have a VERY good case for assistance! And you are right, the kids will be better off with your family around them...and they'll be better off because YOU will be better off having their support I'll hate to see you go from Melbourne, but we've spent most of our time knowing one another online and that doesn't have to stop
    Rory - might have to give DP the heads up on that beer forum schism - he was on one a little while ago and I don't know if he still is. I didn't realise your DH was a homebrewer, too - DP and your DH could really hit it off, between the beer, the DIY home improvements and being really tall, they could be friends DP is in the throes of making a pizza oven - a brigade friend looked at his BBQ and suggested that a pizza oven would go perfectly...so DP set about making one and his brother has just done the brickwork for the front of it (nice little arch). I can't wait to make bread in it...now that I'm getting to be a bona fide cookie maker, I'm ready to take on the bread world!
    Oscar is STILL asleep in the car...can't be long now, I have one full boob over here...

Good afternoon Well we did something different today and went to our local indoor pool...bought Wade some new bathers on the way. I was feeling so guilty because he hasn't had swimming lessons yet and it was all very novel for him. Nickel: you are so right on the money about wearing them out! Wade is now napping! Best of all he thoroughly enjoyed himself. Verity was happy to stay in the toddler pool with him and I was able to stay with Niall on the sidelines... I don't feel confident taking him in yet with Wade a non-swimmer... maybe down the track... one step at a time. Crazy thing is I myself LOVE water and am a strong swimmer but ever since Verity was about 4 months old and had her first water scare... and then her near drowning episode at Hepburn Springs I feel over cautious with my children and water... i've GOT to get over that! Thanks to you girlies I've certainly had enough inspiration and motivation.

Simone: that's excellent news! I agree totally, your kids need to be surrounded by extended family that love them and are openly affectionate... and so do you!

Jess: LOL you're so funny: 60kms! I meant to say earlier that I don't want to disappoint you but getting up to Euroa is a bit tricky for me at this stage... I just feel a bit nervous going so far away from home without DH and Niall so young. Nearly every weekend we have Athletics commitments and DH is a real homebody on Sundays. Still I'm not saying "never" just not in the immediate future. DH agrees Euroa is a very pretty little township... I'll have to Google it!

Nickers: Hope you continue to receive lots of positive feedback on your house... are you hoping for a long or short settlement? We've been through 2 auctions... I don't envy you! The open-for-inspections are the worst! Make sure you hide all your valuables, especially in your bedroom and other areas out of the agent's view. What do you do with your furbabies? How will they get up to Sydney? LOL here's me being the mum: forever trying to do all the thinking for everybody! Let us know how it all goes

back in a tic...

IK: Re: your last email: Sorry matey, Don't have ability to open pps. files (PowerPoint). We have taken it off our computer because it's so old/small and saves us a bit of space. However I expect DH to start trying to convince me that we need MicroSoft's new "Vista" Windows package which will mean we will need all new hardware... I'll agree if he gets another bonus this year. It all looks very flash.... anyone thinking about upgrading? LOL Looks like we'll do a massive leap from Windows '98 to Vista! Oh and what's Oscar up to physically now? Cruising around furniture? Niall, as of this morning, is now able to pull himself up to a standing position at our coffee table! The squeal of triumph afterward is hilarious! Then he slowly slides sideways or goes splat if i'm not looking and verity is slow to catch him.... he's a brave little bugger i'll give him that much... Wade's cautious character was already evident at the same age.

Nickel: Oh! Your rip! I forgot to say i would have felt just like you LOL soooo embarrassed! You poor darl... nevermind... I'm sure you were just one of many that got caught that day.

Okeydoke... thought it was meant to be 25 and sunny today... might put off further washing until later in the week.

bath - sounds like you had a great day at the pools. when i lived in perth, we used to have a great centre down the road, the inside was designed for up to about 12 year olds comfortabley, it was only waist deep. i used to have declan in a floaty chair and xander with swim rings on, and we'd have a ball... havent been swimming since i was preg with Anneliese! And ay on napping... Xander's still awake

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast