Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #31

Welcome back Kristee!! And Sim, I do hope you pop in, I will miss hearing about the kiddies!

I was at work today - gosh it is tiring! I am supposed to go to Mothers Group tomorrow but all I wanna do is stay at home with my boy!

Hello to everyone else - Bath, nickel, nickers, jess, IK, dee, ali, karen, neeny (whereyabeen) amanda (posting the stuff tomorrow!) and ceecee (if ya pop in ) - who else? My brain hurts ATM so forgive me all.....

see you tomorrow
    Last edited by Roryrory; January 30th, 2007 at 08:12 PM.

Is everything ok Sim???
    You know where I am if you need me!

Jess - must be the time for leaking pipes! We had one leaking from our hotwater service late last year and got a new hot water service. Plumber said to watch out for the gas bill and water bill as they should be high (thing had been leaking for months and it was hot water), well the bills came and I nearly fainted - $364 gas bill and $422 water bill. We had to ring and explain what happened so they didn't think we were using heaps of water on purpose!!!! Hope all goes well with the James and the alpacas. My old boss has a stud farm at Flowerdale - he is absolutely nuts about them. They are cute, but they spit green stuff when they are agro!!!!

Nic - thanks for the email. I will reply. Have a ball at the concert and Eric Clapton should be ripper! Hope you get a babysitter - if we lived closer, I would be more than happy to look after the cute little man!

Simone - you can't stay away from BB!

Bath - the class is run by a company called FoodFellas. Not sure how much yet, but I will pay anything! Maybe your DH could teach mine LOL!!!! How did he learn to cook? LOL about the sherry and the chilli!!!! I'm sure the kids wouldn't appreciate a firey curry. But at least he can cook - mine cooks but it is not very nice and its much easier to cook something I know I will enjoy. It must be so much easier cooking without 3 kids around, but I find DH can only concentrate on one thing at a time.

Rory - thankfully you don't have to work full time. I don't know how they do it. Hope your brain feels better soon LOL!!!! Take it easy tomorrow.

Girls night was a bit light on tonight. 2 couldn't make it. One has a DH with glandular fever and the other just told us she is pregnant and has shocking morning sickness. So that 2 of my GF's pregnant only 2 weeks apart. How exciting - might get me all clucky again!!!!! Chinese was beautiful and the 3 of us just sat around chatting for hours (as we do).

Night all!

Hi Ladies, just flying through, extremley tired tonight and I have sore eyes from doing water aerobics. Ihad a pretty full on day today, went to TAFE to enrol DH in night school, he is doing some Machining and Fitting course that is relevant to the work he does, then I went shopping and finally came home and tried to write a job application.
    Feeling supremley frustrated at the moment, there have been several news articles about shortages of teachers this year, and yet I am sitting here still unemployed, the thing that they dont tell you in the news is that the jobs they can' fill are in remote aboriginal communities, and high school maths and LOTE (language other than english) jobs etc. Oh well I guess when the time is right something will come along. The job I am currently applying for isnot in teaching, it is a Children's program supervisor for a local council, which is along the same lines as teaching, but not quite, I will put in an application and see how it goes.
    Tori is going great guns, she hoons around the house, her legs still tend to go faster than her arms sometimes and she topples over onto her face, but other than that she is doing really well, especially now she can get from crawling back to sitting up, she happily amuses herself for ages. DH built a gaurd round the bottom of our stairs because she tries to climb up them.

Simone- I hope things are ok with you. I just wanted to say that you never have to give up on your dreams, sometimes they take a little longer to achieve than we hope- but that just makes it all the more wonderful when we finally get there.

Jess- SOunds like your school reunion was interesting, we have our 10 year school reunion this year- I cant wait to see what everyone has done with themselves.

IK- DH and I have just been discussing car size dilema, when we have another baby we are going to have to upgrade to a bigger car, because we quite often head to the country to visit DH's family and with just one baby it is a squeeze, cant imagine what it is like with 2. I can only imagine you have the same trouble with 1 baby, dogs and camping gear.

Mel- your night in the spa and chinese takeaway sounds pretty relaxing, I hope you didnt drink too much champagne in the spa, always makes me feel extremley drunk.

Big Hello to everyone else- Feeling knackered tonight ( I worked again yesterday and spent over 3 hours in the pool with 33 kids) and spent all day running around today, so I had better get some sleep. It is DH birthday tomorrow he turns 28, going to bake him something yummy when he is at work tomorrow.

Hi all,
    this morning started well...not! I was sitting here trying to have my cereal when Oscar toppled over the nappy bucket that I had asked DP to empty "as soon as possible" last night...little mite was not impressed to be covered in water, imagine if he had known what was in that water! He was due for a change anyway, but then DP tries to put it back onto me. Now, he's often doing that so this time I brooked none of it, hee hee! He said "Oh, it's my fault again" and I said "When is it ever your fault? So don't give me the 'again' bit"...silence.
    Last night I was kept busy walking to the servo for milk (couldn't justify the waste of petrol or car emissions for a bottle of milk!), dropped in on MIL as she lives around the corner, got home to tend to Oscar a bit more, then put washing out, then it turned out that dinner was up to me because DP did it the previous night (if only we could genuinely take turns!). THEN, because DP cleaned up after dinner (ahem, correction: cleaned up the next day), I had to wash up after dinner last night! So, I got to watch 35 Up from the kitchen. At least DP put Oscar to bed the first time. He woke up hungry and I fed him and settled him back with me. SO, I got to ride yesterday, but I sure did feel punished for trying to get back into it. Sorry, I'm having a whinge, and DP is normally pretty good, but I was knackered yesterday...it's been a while since I've ridden and contrary to popular belief, horse riding is NOT merely just sitting there!
    Ali - nah, my car is actually perfect for fitting the big dog and Oscar! They are both pretty low maintenance, so for Oscar I carry my Great Expectations bag that even fits my terry flats, Odin gets a leash (!), and he also gets to sit on any number of horse rugs I may have left in the back seat - plush! The Kiwi Explorer (which is huge folded) fits snugly into the back of the hatch and the shopping tends to sit on top of it (cos the buggy rarely gets used). We haven't gone camping in it since Oscar, because where he sits now is where the fridge used to go - so we have to use a trailer now to accomodate a fridge! Well, we spread things out in the trailer/campervan, so that the whole back seat is just for baby and dog, and then we bring other little luxuries with the extra space (bought a double self-inflating 4WD mattress...it's HUGE!), chainsaw. For the sake of the dog, however, we may be forced into taking on my dad's old car for the next baby. Odin will fit nicely between two child seats in a 300D Merc! Meanwhile, I'm quite attached to my little Pulsar, it's such a neat little package...compared to my last car...which was an XF Falcon (was written off when DP was rearended, driving to work one morning...oh, fateful morning! I loved my Falcon, my faithful towing vehicle!).
    Mel - dinner sounded pretty chilled out! Everyone's preggers again, aren't they? It seems that way. But rest assured I'm not clucky again, just looking forward to Oscar having friends around his age! How exciting that two of your friends are going to have babies so close together!
    Simone - Please post in about your babies! If this has anything to do with what we discussed over email last week, then I am very disappointed in the people involved with that. You are part of the Junies, so you belong here to talk about Liesy and the boys!
    Jess - got your email, thanks Will definitely keep that in mind!
    Bath - I was thinking of you this morning listening to John Fayne talking about private and public school funding/merits/stats etc, and I told DP about your line of thinking on private primary education. He didn't have a healthy relationship with the education system, so he needs more work done on him to get him on my track of thinking!
    Rory - I hope you get that 'boy time' you want Blow off mothers group, hee hee
    Gotta go get ready for Boobie Club - first one of the year, can't wait!

will email all of you... prolly later on today though

Simone- please email whats up, i have an idea but want to know what u are thinking.

Ali- yes i heard just last night something about shortage in teachers, grrr maybe u should ring TT or CA & tell them they need to re clarify! Miss Tori must look so cute with her little bum in the air crawling around! I think in the next month Nix will be off i walked in to find him on all 4's by himself yesterday! he rocks then flops!
    anyway little girl across the rd is coming over while the parents take their son to prep! then im off to my gf's place.
    Will catch up with you all This arvo

thanks for all your support girls, let me know if you dont want me posting in here... pm or email me [email protected]

thanks xx

I'm back, haven't really had time to post in the last few days, it's been hectic, Kailen started grade 2 on Monday and Lockie started childcare yesterday so it took me and half an hour to walk there and half an hour to walk home and I do that twice a day for three days so hopefully it will help me lose weight, fingers crossed. So now I've only got the two home I'm fully into toilet training Wyatt and actually having a clean house for a few days a week.

Simone you know my feelings on whats been going on, you do what you want, it's up to you.

Everyone else hello, will try and do personals later.

hugs xoxo

Ali - sounds so silly that they need teachers and you can't find work - it sucks really! I really hope you can find a great job soon. Tori sounds like she is going great guns, she could give Oscar a race (I think they are the only crawlers at the mo?). No spa last night as there was only 3 of us and 1 is pregnant. Just had yummy Chinese and a glass of wine. LOL about being in the pool with 33 kids - what a nightmare!!!!

Ik - I loved my little car too, I had it for nearly 10 years and it never had a problem, it was a Toyota Seca, great car. Used it when Chelsea was a baby but upgraded to the XTrail just before I fell pregnant with Marley. DH then got my car and wrote that off last year in an accident where someone pulled out in front of him. He used the insurance money to buy the exact same one only a slightly newer model - he loves it, its cheap and runs really well. Pity DP couldn't be a bit more accomodating for you. After riding you must have been a bit sore - you really get a workout riding. Its been many years since I have ridden and I am sure I would suffer really bad afterwards. Hopefully DP will pull his finger out and help out today - from what you have said previously, he is normally pretty good. I am very excited about my friends being pregnant. One had a miscarriage last year so was really keen to get pregnant again and all is going well. The other is a bit older and had been TTC #3 for nearly a year. She was worried it wasn't going to happen and then bingo! It goes to show if you take the pressure off yourself, things happen. LOL about the Boobie Club - have fun!

Simone - of course I would love you to keep posting here!

Nic - how did concert go last night?

Chelsea went back to kinder today (yeahhhhh) and the house is nice, clean and peaceful LOL!!! She was so excited to be back and one of her little friends came running over to give her a little flower she found in the garden and a big hug - it was very cute. DH is home today and we are going to head out to look for new floor tiles for our family room. Tiler is coming today or tomorrow for a quote - not looking forward to hearing how much that is going to be!

Have a great day.

thanks for all your messages of support girls. Im just going to stick to the areas where people arent complaining when i get online! But if anyone does have a problem with me or something i say, please come to me?? Thanks guys...

Im off to do some shopping, with 3 kids thats going to be a challenge... but i also have to get some eye drops for myb conjunctivitis anyway, so i may as well get some shopping done at the same time! Will so personals tonight...

Sim - got your email, and I've made a conscious decision to address some of it here online. You didn't make anyone offer their assistance - that's off an individual's own bat, and also, it's up to them HOW they assist. If I was in a position to help you with money, I most certainly would have put it towards tyres, too - one of mine was bald and I can't believe I let it get like that, so I resorted to using the evil credit card to get my car safe for my boy. Sounds like there are some people who are not being careful in their use of PM's, too - isn't it supposed to be a privilege to use PM's as a paid up member? I would think that the least you could expect is to have people be constructive and polite in PM'ing you. I'd also like to say that all of us experience seeming 'inconsistencies' in our lives, if viewed from this forum or any forum, because it's impossible to be 3 dimensional online! We are our conflicts, our hypocrisies, our mind-changes! Not only that, if you don't have the full picture on someone's life, you're not in a good position to judge the decisions they make that they let you know about online. Geez, neither of us have a job here but I manage to keep a horse and do Babyswim AND get my haircut regularly...maybe I'm leading a life of crime and deception to have these things? Or maybe my prioritising doesn't come across very well online! I think it's a symptom of online life - you see someone in a one-dimensional manner and it's easy to then judge them in that same one-dimensional way. It doesn't work like that, because we are so much more than our online personas, as we Junies know from our various meet ups. Therefore, Sim, I would venture to say that you are welcome (encouraged!) to keep posting in our thread in a constructive manner, and because we know you better than most on BB, we can sort out the myth from the likely-reality of your situation. Just remember, also, that because these people have a very limited knowledge of you, that their criticisms can not possibly be based on reality...therefore, train yourself not to get upset about them and realise that it is just about THEM, their perceptions, and not your reality. Next time you're at the video library (heaven forbid you should spend any money on personal entertainment - although the local library should have it on their system), have a look for "What the Bleep Do We Know", and it might help you sort out how you feel about how other people see you (and see that it doesn't actually matter!). Yep, sometimes it's a downer when you post a series of vents about XH, but I tend to think that we have a choice as to how much we are going to engage in other people's issues. At worst, why don't members make use of their 'ignore' function? Honestly, if it's getting that bad for some people, that is what it's for! I'm probably going to be told off for this post, but I am so disappointed that it's come to this. If we could all pick and choose who we wanted here in BB, then not many people would be left! In contrast to this is my experience in the CFA. We're all volunteers in my area. You take who is willing to come on board. Yep, some of them are [email protected], and some of them you wish you could get kicked out...but you can't and the challenge is to accept them for what they have to offer...and even the things you don't want! And you know what? That's what I love about the CFA. It challenges me to accomodate people I normally wouldn't choose to associate with. It's enhanced my people skills ten thousand fold. As Bath would put it, it's the 'rich tapestry of life'! Life challenges, you deal with it.
    I don't think I've offended anyone, unless anyone reading this thinks it's ok to abuse the PM facility for Platinum Members.
    I, for one, don't think I'd like to pay for membership to any association, if that membership were to be tenuous and conditional on the basis that, if I were going through a hard time, other members were making less than informed judgements about me. I am lucky that my CFA membership, my riding club membership, my ABA subscription just need me to be committed to the premise of the association's foundation. Anything else just needs to be dealt with according to the relevant guidelines - if it's not, then it's not a valid complaint or complaints process. Integrity is vital and I'm always one for the benefit of the doubt.
    BTW- I can feel a tooth!!Bottom right...it's definitely started to break through! I'm losing my baby (lament!)...

Hi all

Just a quick reply since I'm off to the dentist in 5. Haven't caught up with everything yet.

Simone: I don't know all the details but got your email. I do not have a problem with you posting in here. I hope you are still allowed to do so.

Nickers: How much did the talent agency charge to sign up Nixon? We saw Brightstars yesterday and they're asking $445 for 2 years membership but we don't keep any prof photos and no guarantee of work.... will update later tonight.

Welcome back KristyLee.. hope you're faring much better these days.

Must dash - Hi to all especially Rory who noticed I'd gone AWOL again! Love ya honey!

IK I agree with the way you put that 100%, yay for Oscar's first tooth, will have to run gotta go get Kailen and Lauchlan from school soon. Neeny sorry I missed you on MSN will email you.

hugs xoxo

Good afternoon... IK: brilliant post... I also agree totally with everything you said... especially the challenge of accommodating everyone despite differences of opinions and lifestyles etc. The CFA analogy was perfect. You gotta try to see the best in everyone but it's hard for me too sometimes. Before I judge anyone too harshly I always try to reflect on my life and my mistakes and the people I have disappointed and hurt along the way.... everyone has hurt someone at some stage. Simone: Like I said in one of my emails to you: time heals. But allow yourself to heal in the meantime. If people have said hurtful unconstructive things to you then it's more a reflection on their character than anything. You know that us Junies won't say hurtful things so please feel that this is a safe place to keep posting. You also know that I will always offer constructive advice which may seem harsh at the time but which comes from a caring place. I've found it hard to post lately and I've also needed a bit of mental peace (away from the computer) so please don't interpret that as me being uncaring.

Hiya Amanda Ooh first day back at school? Let us know how they went!
    Neeny: Good luck at the dentist! Has Aleise any teeth yet.... sorry if I missed your post if you've mentioned it before.

Baby teeth: Oh IK I hope Oscar doesn't bite you!!!! Niall bit me AGAIN last night (not as bad) bit sore... gotta find that lanisoh...

bath - i explained myself and my recent actions in the last email i sent you, and i dont interpret your time away as ignoring us or anything - we all have times where we dont come on here much, we have families and other commitments that are important!!

Thanks for all your emails guys, they mean so much to me, to know i still have people that arent judging my every move...

IK: i missed you psot before - that was brilliant!
    Last edited by simone; January 31st, 2007 at 04:11 PM.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Everyone:

Can the discussion about the situation with Simone please come to an end now. I have had members yelling in my ear about it for weeks on end, and a load of emails about it from all involved and to see it carried on here as well - enough is enough. So can we all please move on, you know how to contact each other, and if anyone has any further queries about this situation you can email me personally at [email protected].

I can assure you I have asked both parties to continue discussion off the forums as I have had complaints of PM abuse both sides. So both have been told it is not appropriate. Abuse of services results in privileges being removed.

I'm asking you to not get too carried away when you only have whats on the surface. No more. I appreciate your co-operation.
    Last edited by BellyBelly; January 31st, 2007 at 05:21 PM.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

so how's the weather?
    MIL is here - F is suffering sep anxiety big time!!
    Last edited by Roryrory; January 31st, 2007 at 04:58 PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast