Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #32

Default Babies Born June 2006 #32

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in June 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found HERE

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Yahooo, I'm first Too cool pole position,lol
    The school parking is so dangerous, I just witnessed yet another accident outside the school.The school should take some responsibility and put in a parking lot for parent. The school is massive, they could use a smaller oval and not even notice. It's just so dangerous. I am scared I will hit someone or someone will hit me and my babies.
    Nathan is trying to pull himself up on things, it is so cute he gets really wild when he doesn't get it.
    Last edited by Coolabahdee; February 8th, 2007 at 09:23 AM.

Sherie - is it possible to post a link from the closed thread to the new thread? I just notice that there is always a link to the previous post, but not the other way around. Sometimes I just want to post a quick note to stay notified, but by the time I find the next thread it hasn't been a 'quick' operation anymore. This time round, however, I'm not in as much of a hurry
    Well, Oscar didn't fall asleep till about 12.30am. He was asleep between about 8.30 and 10.30 (after falling asleep in the car on the way back from an aborted attempt to attend the brigade meeting with him), but then wouldn't sleep after a feed...so I baked some brownies! SO...we just woke up! DP reckons I shouldn't have slept in...but after waiting for Oscar to fall asleep, then staying up to make sure he was properly asleep...I got to bed just after 1am...and THEN, DP wanted to DTD LOL! Actually, he got that, so the laugh's on me...
    So, the brownies are ordinary, but I did say I'd bake something to take to my mummies group today for lunch, so they'll have to do.
    Heaven - can you agitate for a carpark? You know I would be! It sounds quite scary, and if YOU'RE worried about it (you know, you're the one who can collectedly confront an intruder!), then it's likely to be worrying other people, too.
    The sky must be falling down, too, BTW. It MUST be, cos last night I told DP that Valentines Day is on a Wednesday this year, and he asked when it was, so I told him it would be next week. He must have been feeling bad that it was me that had to leave the meteing last night, cos he was being REALLY nice (that's why he got what he wanted re: DTD) and he said we would have to give brigade a miss...wah? Then he lamented that Oscar would still have to come with us, and I said it didn't matter, that it would be nice to have him with us. So, for the first time in nearly 4 years, DP is talking about doing SOMETHING to commemorate Valentines Day...am I still asleep and hallucinating?
    Anyway, Oscar is being really cute and crawling over the floor with some of the camping plates (camping box is still inside the house...I dropped the hint, nay, direct request, to move it to the shed yesterday to no avail). He's happy as Larry - Larry must have been one contented dude!

Ok I'm back and feeling somewhat better today so will try and do a great post, if I miss you it's not on purpose.

Ali I hope that an investor buys your house and lets you stay there, I hate moving. Hope the job interview goes well today.

Jess sorry to hear that your puppy was so sick yesterday, hopefully he is better today.

Dee I agree with IK, you should go to the P&C meeting and put it too them that you would like to see a carpark so that it would cut down the amount of accidents in front of the school, Kailens school has a carpark at the front and the back of the school, plus heaps of street parking.

Donna hope you have fun dress shopping, your wedding sounds like it will be a perfect day and April is such a nice time of the year.

Nickel Kailen is in year two and Lockie is in childcare for three days a week cause he just missed prep by 4 months, it's great that I have three days with just two kids.

IK you amaze me with all the things that you do, if I did half that I would be knackered for the day, plus I would've taken the sleep in, lol.

Rory once again thanks for those videos, it was the first time I'd seen Bladerunner, DH is also a Sci-Fi fan so he loved it.

Bath and Mel I'm sorry I don't remember what I was going to say to you both but I hope that you are both doing well and that your reno's are going great guns Mel.

As for us, as of yesterday Cody has learnt to clap, he looks so cute doing it and he's very proud of himself when he does it, he gets so excited. I was at the shops yesterday and Wyatt threw the biggest tantie I've ever seen him have to threw himself down and was screaming and wouldn't stand back up, I had people staring at me (I'm sure I was the colour of a beetroot), so in the end I just picked him up and carried him to the post office so that I could pay the rent and bills. And then when I went to pick up Lockie from school he basicly did the same thing was walking all nice and then just dropped and screamed, I had some lady offer to push Cody in the pram while I tried to get him to walk once again I was the colour of a beetroot, I just don't know what to do to get him to stop him from doing this.

So last night DH brought me a new sling so that I could carry Cody in that and put Wyatt in the stroller. It's a Ryco and it's a 4 in 1 you can carry them facing in or out, in a feeding position or in a piggy back style. Has anyone seen or heard of this one? Better go this has turned into a novel and taken about 25 mins to do.

hugs xoxo

Good afternoon, just got home... been out all day... music classes then shopping. Hiya Dee, IK and Amanda ... I'll catch up in a sec... just need to pop the kettle on and change a nappy. If anyone posts after me I'll just be editing (adding to) this one.

IK: Must have been frustrating having to leave the brigade meeting but don't write it off yet... you'll get better at predicting whether he'll be able to cope with your divided attention. As he gets a little older he might be more easily distracted with a toy OR it could get trickier as he becomes more mobile and tries to take off every time you aren't looking. Could you take turns with another couple with children? I agree, it shouldn't be you that misses out EVERY time. One thing that I used to have to sacrifice was going to the football when Verity was a baby... occassionally DH would go along without me (with work mates), not often though... however when Wade was a baby DH actually began to insist Verity and I go along while he stayed at home with him... we took turns and Verity got to go to every game. This season we'll do the same thing, take turns staying at home with the boys. I know some people take babies to the football but i just couldn't. I'd feel too unsafe, and the roar would frighten them... and people used to be able to smoke... and you have drunkness... just a very bad mix. Anyhow, I'm so grateful DH understands that even though the footy started out being "his thing" these days i enjoy going to see a game just as much as he does.... I can't think of too many men who would do the same for their wives... gotta love him for that. Sweet to hear of your DP's acknowledgment of Valentine's Day this year We were never into it much early in our r/ship but we're getting more sentimental as we're getting older... I hope your DP manages to surprise and pamper you!

Well I think Niall has managed to self settle! Better go check him... the cooing has stopped. ETA: Yes! excellent. He must have been very tired as he only slept briefly during Wade's music group.

Amanda: ooh I'm so lucky Wade hasn't (yet) thrown a public tanty! He's too shy and a total angel in public at this stage, not to say it'll last mind you! Verity very rarely threw them and when she did I remember using distraction as my key strategy. I'd avoid looking at them (that's what they want) and I'd pretend to peer off into the distance with a look of perplexion on my face (LOL) ..if that was ignored I'd say something like... "what's going on over there Verity? Did you see that? I thought I saw a cat in the supermarket!!!" 9/10 this would dry up the tears and have her frantically looking around for the cat... then I would be able to direct her: "c'mon, I think it went this way!" You can be quite creative LOL infact it pays never to use the same scenario twice... you can use seasonal distractions too Santa, an Easter Bunny, or even a friend from playgroup. Which reminds me that the last time I used this strategy (late last year) was when Verity was being obnoxious up at Greensborough Plaza, I said "is that Ruby up ahead?" (a girl from school who would spread the word if she saw Verity being uncool in public) she quickly shut up and rubbernecked LOL

time to hang a load... back later...

Dee: Yeah, pushing a loaded pram while wearing a sling is tricky and good exercise huh!? I still stick Wade in our pram on days I know he's just not up to a long walk.... and like Mel I'm a fast walker and sometimes just want to get where i'm going without having to plod along. Your car park issue is going to be a tricky one. Verity's last school needed one desperately, never happened, likewise her current school could do with one but I can't see it happening, space/land is too expensive around here to warrant it (looking at it from a school's perspective).... I know they shouldn't put a price on safety but one thing her school has started this year is a walking bus! I think this is a fantastic idea: gets kids exercising and reduces traffic at the same time. Being a lone pedestrian (or with kids) sucks in heavy traffic. You stand on the curb and wait and wait and wait for a break in the traffic and people just cruise on past (if there's no crossing nearby which is how it is on this side of Verity's school. Good on you for driving slowly though, people blatantly ignore the 40km speed limit around here
    ETA: oh and Wade's music class was great. The teacher spoke only French too but it was geared towards the 0-4 age group and she easily made herself understood. Wade said he liked it and wants to go again so I wrote out the cheque for the rest of the term... today was free.

Unsettledness: yep, Niall's been velcro baby until today really... he has 4 teeth coming through on top! They all have just broken through over the past week... ouch! So by next week he'll have at least 6 visible teeth. I agree with Dee: sometimes you just have to let them have a bit of a whinge... slings can't always be worn... I know I can't use one when I'm trying to dress Wade it just doesn't work because if Wade's in a bad mood he'll occassionally kick out at me plus he's a moving target at the best of times... if I had a sling that could be worn on my back Niall would pull my hair out too! it's just a tricky age... they'll get over it.

aaah! Ruby is being such a needy schmeedy at the moment, cries every time I put her down but is fine if being held. I'll meet her needs to a certain extent but it's getting a tad ridiculous. I'm all for gentle parenting until one of my kids drives me nuts.

So anyway, loving mummy that I am, I just had to say hello, and ALI25 - how'd the interview go??

Hi Amanda, glad you have some breaks during the week, you need them to collect your headspace!

Ok, needy girl is making me feel guilty. ciao bellas.

Hi girls I just deleted the photos off my camera and will get Bree to take some photo as I drive through it. I'll post them in my photo gallery.
    IK Lol "one who can collectedly confront an intruder!" I had almost forgotten about that, lol. I am going to go along to the P&C meeting, to listen first to see what they are doing about certain issues. I also have issues with the school not having fridges in the classroom, there are government grants in place to put them in so I want to know when they are going to do something about it or if they already have. Also concerned about lack of shade sails over playgrounds. But easily the parking is atrocious. The school has 2500 children P-12 It does have some car parking facilities but no where near enough, school finishes at 2.45pm and you have to be there at 2.15 to get a park. AND yay for Valentines Day, You lucky girl. Michael will be away.
    Yesterday Morning I nearly collected a women and her three children as she forced them into traffic, behind a Landcruiser and infront of me, Lucky for her I saw her and stopped, (only going slow, for that very reason) she pulled them up in the middle of the road when she realised last minute that I was there and then stayed put and abused her children for not looking where they were going and walking out into traffic. I felt like winding down my window and yelling "it was you, you stupid B%^$#", leave her alone. But of course I didn't.
    Amanda that is excellent about Wyatt clapping, how cute. I haven't heard of the Ryco one. Don't you just love the todler/ preschool age, it is just so much fun. Melissa had me as red as a beetroot last week when she decided to lift my skirt up to check and see if I had knickers on. Then gave me a dirty look when I slapped her hand away. lol. Allanah likes to scream MUUUUUMMMMMYYYYYYY! at me in shopping centres I DON'T WANT TO HOLD YOUR HAND, I CAN DO IT MYYYY SELFFFFFF!!!! of which I grab hold a little tighter and smile and say C'mon lets go.
    I put Melissa in the sling and Nathan in the pram to go out, particularly if it's close to chow time, lol. She love sitting in there.
    It's funny that I only just noticed that we have three children born in the same month of the same year as each other, and yours are all older by a couple of weeks. Lol.
    Bath how did the music lessons go.

EDT: Hi Nickel, Nathan's teething at the moment and is doing the same. Just wants to be held. Do you have a sling to carry on with what you are doing? or probably Not a popular answer around here, but it is O.K to let them have a little whinge, if she doesn't need feeding, changing, whatever and you have given her a little cuddle, put her in a safe place with some toys and let her go, with in reason ofcourse.

EDT: OK took a few photo, but doesn't depict the true senario as today was the swimming carnival Day and many many kids were picked up directly from the pool. I didn't go because I had the three littlies with me and I don't know anyone to be able to get someone to help me with them around a big pool complex. I always go, but I explained to the girls why I couldn't come, They understood. I'll just go and up load some now.
    Last edited by Coolabahdee; February 8th, 2007 at 03:19 PM. Reason: just saying Hi

Hi girls - I can't believe that I missed a whole day of BB!!! My computer which is driving me nuts, would not stop freezing and I end up giving up. I tried so many times and was so frustrated that I missed a day. Will try to catch up as best I can but I have missed heaps!

Ali - sucks about the house. Hopefully an investor will buy it and you can stay. Can't wait to hear how interview went.

Rory - Flynn will most likely have a fabulous day with Charlie. They love company and Annie will get a taste of what its like with 2 kids LOL!!!! Look forward to hearing the report.

IK - DH has redemmed himself after the solids issue - Valentines Day. Any DH/DP/DF that does something nice for their partner, deserves a big clap. So many of my friends get so disappointed that their partners do nothing. Hopefully he suprises you with something special. Better go remind mine too!

Bath - French music lessons, sounds intruiging! Sounds like he had fun though. Your kinder day sounded so chaotic but you got through it (I knew you would). Thankfully everyday is not like that. Great to hear that Wade enjoyed himself so much he wants to go back, always a good sign. How did you enjoy just having to worry about Niall?

7th - Uni sounds fantastic and its great to hear they have so many options for student mothers. I work at a Uni and they also have lots of great areas etc for mums. I think they realise that alot of people are going back to uni later and they have to cater for them too. Hope O day goes well. You sound so organised!

Amanda - you poor thing! Tantrums are a bugger and it is hard to find a way to stop them in the heat of embarrasement! I have walked away and left Chelsea and that snapped her out of it pretty quickly or a threat to not let her do something she really wants to do (like a ride on the carousel at the shops always gets her attention!). Hopefully he gets the idea soon and stops doing it. Makes it hard when you have Cody with you too. They always know the right time to do it.

Dee - congrats on the wedding dress hunting! Hope you find your dream dress. The days sounds beautiful - wineries are becoming popular places for weddings and make beautiful backdrops for photos. Honeymoon will be nice and just enough time away to recharge yourself and relax and enjoy!

Well I have spent the last 2 days reorganising wardrobes and my front lounge room. I feel like it is finally finished!!! After taking so much stuff out of the wardrobes, I have to find new homes for lots of things and rearrange other things. I was hoping to have it finished yesterday and then relax a bit today. My GF rang last night from Brisbane and we chatted for 3 hours! Talking about our holiday and plans/ideas of what we are going to do. She is getting worried as her 6mth old is a bit of a handful and she is stressing that she is going to keep us all up during the night. I have tried to tell her not to worry and the baby will probably make a liar out of her and sleep all night LOL!!! Still got to arrange car hire and hire the pram and portacot.

A bit of WOO HOO for us: I rang to make the paed allergist app and they told me first available was 29th May! I asked to be put on a cancellation waiting list and I got a call this morning that I can be seen next Wed at 2pm! I am so relieved to be seeing him before we go away. But I read the paperwork they sent and it cost $205 a visit!!! Oh well, small price to pay to get her skin better.

Sorry if I missed anyone! I hate it when a new thread starts, makes it harder to catch the previous one. Hope all mummies and babies are doing well!

Hiya Mel: Oh what a bother about your 'pute freezing! Our desktop was doing that... infact it still is... thankfully we've been given a laptop to use when things totally stall. Sounds like you are enjoying your new wardrobes, isn't it fantastic when everything has a place? Clutter doesn't seem to build up as much and when it does it's more enjoyable to put away. I'm a bit like your friend: don't like to think my baby is keeping others awake... but when people stay with us with small children it never bothers me I'm sure you will enjoy her company during the day. Wade's music class involved lots of percussion instruments, many that he had never used before so that alone was really good... they use them every week. I'm hoping to improve my own French a bit too. Oh and Verity said to me the other day "Mum, I don't want to sound like a bragger but i think I might be one of the best girls in my French class this year!" I'm not sure whether she's just saying that to increase her chances of getting that pink flip mobile phone that she's been promised (if she achieves top grading for French this year) but at least she sounds like she enjoys it. I'm really keen for my children to learn at least one other language to fluency level... I don't care what it is... but from my experience it really helps in so many areas of life and learning young is the key. Wade has another hour of Kinder on Friday... having just Niall is wonderful... the peace is bliss Are dermatologists covered by your health fund? I don't think we have it as one of our options, but I think we could add it if any of us had ongoing conditions. That's fantastic news about the appointment being brought forward! Let us know how you go. Also sorry for my part in posting so much yesterday LOL I got a bit carried away... #32 geeze hey? I've decided to try to add more by ETA but it's nice to say "Hi" to someone when they are online isn't it? Oh well, V&W are down the street playing... better start dinner while the house is quiet!

I didn't notice you posting too much, Bath!
    Mel - I love nice storage...not that we have any here - have to wait for the walls to be moved around, which could be forever away!
    Well, I just sat and entertained myself for a good hour - I watched an old home video of my early horse riding competitions. I called DP in to see if he wanted to see me fall - he was too eager. I narrated the vision and what had been going through my mind right up till the point where I was wondering where on the course I was and my horse thought to himself 'well, if you don't know where you're going, I'm not going with you' and turned and left me rolling on the ground...even I had to laugh...and not 10 minutes later in the video, there I am laughing at myself, so at least I always had a healthy attitude about being humbled by my beastie LOL! The crap I used to let him get away with! Not these days, he'd cop a boot in the side and a huge growl. But these days he wouldn't try on the crap he used to back then. He was only 5 years old, he's double that now, how time flies...
    Anyway, Oscar is asleep, I'll try to put him down and then sort through some clothes that are clogging up the back room...

Well what a day!
    Firstly to all who were worried about my beautiful Molly, she is all better today! She had heat exhaustion and my vet said that we did the right thing by re hydrating her as fast as we did.
    Secondly my Aunt had her ulcer bandage changed today and its not good news. Its starting to spread up her leg,if the infection doesn't go down by tomorrow at 2.30pm, then she will be going into hospital for at least a week and she will be on an antibiotic drip. Last time she went into hospital she just about ended up in ICU as they had taken her off her medication.
    Thirdly my Dad had a Colonoscopy done today and they took him off his warfarin( it regulates the thickness of his blood). He had a blood test done yesterday but noone rang with the result.When Mum got to the hospital, she asked what his level was and they said 0.9...which means that if they had nicked the side of his bowel today during his op. he could've bled to death because his blood was like water...
    I have had a bad day!

Bath - I have managed to get back online but it has taken me about 6 goes to get it going. It nearly went out the window! Having no clutter is brilliant. I slide the doors to the wardrobe and I still have all this empty space, but everything is back in. I love it The music classes sound fantastic. Chelsea always loves playing instruments or making her own drums around the house. Music is such a great thing for kids to learn and how cool to learn another language. I went to Mothers Group with a Polish lady and her and her DH spoke only Polish at home so their daughter by the age of 2 could speak Polish and then slip in a few Aussie words too. At creche she spoke mostly in English but got some words confused with Polish. It was amazing to see how quickly she adapted to both languages. At 4 she is now fluent in both! They say that a baby can pick up languages very quickly - pity adults can pick up new things the same way. What a great incentive for Verity to do well in French. I think it is so great that she can be rewarded for good results, helps them push themselves that little bit further (I would too if a groovy, pink, flip top phone was on offer!). Will check about the appointment being covered by private health insurance but I don't think it is. He isn't a dermatologist he's a paediatrician and an allergist. Might check it out tomorrow. DH went to get some moles checked by a dermatologist last week and it cost him $109 and he went to Medicare and he couldn't claim anything. I was really annoyed as they want people to go and get their spots checked, but don't want to rebate anything. Don't apologise for posting too much - I love it! The more the better.

IK - how nice to reminise (sp??). It must be funny to watch yourself all these years later and be critical of what you are doing.

Jess - great news that the dog is better but not so great news about your aunt and your dad. Hope both start to improve.

well somehow i seemed to miss there was a new thread, and here i was thinking there had been no posts all day and it was quiet!
    Jess- oh glad Molly is ok, poor puppy.
    Ali- oh what a bugger about the rental. someone suggested if u are in a position to buy the house, would that be an option?
    Bath- LOL at your tatics regarding tantrums, i must remember to use those ones, how'd that cat get into the shops lol!
    Mel- thats great u got an earlier appoint. Are u able to get a good amount back from medicare or your health fund do u know?

DH has flown to perth today for work, so on my own for a few nights with Nix. He only had one nap today so i was delighted when he wanted to go to bed by 7.30pm, hoping he sleeps the night through now.
    girls i am sharing this with you first..... not that i can confirm anything yet (too early) but i have a sickie feeling number 2 may be on its way.... dont get too excited as i said to early to know just yet but i just have a feeling....

OMG Nic- how exiciting- I hope your feeling is right.

Girls just stopping through briefly, I have only really skimmed the last page.

I had the interview this morning, and thought that i hadnt done to well, I stumbled on a few of what I thought were crucial questions, I got told that Iw ould know in 2 weeks. I was pretty cool excepted that I may or may not get the postion. Anyway I did an After school care shift this afternoon and just after I arrived the centre supervisor got a call from them checking my references, and she told her that it was between me and another girl for the job. When the supervisor got off the phone she told me that she had a good feeling, and that I was in with a really good chance for the job. So fingers crossed hopefully I will find out tomorrow.

As for the house issue, we are really not in a position to buy at the moment, we just dont have enough of a deposit behind us, plus the property market in perth has gone ballistic in the last 18 months and medium house price is $500 000, just too much debt for me to contemplate getting into at the moment. I am calm about it all now, if I get thi job it woont be so bad because we can move a little closer to that (at the moment it is about a 40 min drive). Everything happens for a reason, so we are going to just have to go with the flow.

OMG Nic, I'm sending you baby vibes, how wonderful, I hope you are. How exciting, the first Junie to be up the duff again, ooohhhhhhhh...... and if you're not, well, it will happen soon. and I can get all excited for you again, lol.
    Ali, fingers crossed babe. and with the housing thats shocking, isn't it. and totally unfair. Is the job with a public or private school. Does WA Ed offer teacher accomodation?
    Bath, the lessons sound really cool. Makayla starts Violin this year. Brianna plays the clarinet. She's really good at it, Im so proud of her. The girls used to do ballet and jazz and bree did tap for a while. Now they want to do gymnastics/ cheerleading, lol. I said they could. But very sad that Bree has no interest in ballet, she has such natural grace. I think it is vital for children to be exposed to culture, it's character building. My girls play Hockey and play an instrument, I'm happy with that. OMG the extra curricular activities for the day care kids.... gob smacked....very funny. they have kalesthetics (sp?), jazz ballet, ballet, modern dance, gymnastics and tennis lessons. all at the school and not too expensive either. Allanah was sent tp tennis lesson last week, a freebie. The Tennis instructor left me a note saying that Allanah was a natural, with really good hand eye co ordination, and if we could afford to she would really like to see Allanah at the lessons. I read it and laughed and asked Miss Meaghan "did all the parents get a note", and she said "no, just you". It stopped me laughing, So I took it up with Michael and we are going to let her do it, it is only $45 for 5 lessons in this term, which is really 6 lessons since the first one was free. I'm all for my children finding their niche in life and certainly wouldn't hold them back. Who knows she might really be good at it.
    Jess I hope you have a better day today.
    Last edited by Coolabahdee; February 9th, 2007 at 09:40 AM. Reason: got distracted, now I'm back

Nic - OMG!!! I hope you are. Fingers crossed for you. Regarding the paed rebate, I get $113 back from the $204 which isn't too bad. I just hope subsequent visits are not that expensive.

Ali - sounds promising about the job that they rang to do a reference check. I so hope you get it, fingers crossed for you too! I can't believe the housing prices in Perth - they used to be relatively cheap. Some of my family live over there and I remember a few years ago, my cousin bought a house and it was so cheap (and it was a big house). I suppose all the states are starting to get expensive, not just Melb and Sydney anymore.

7th - I don't know how you keep up with everything and who is where, doing what LOL!!! Your girls sound very lucky that you let them pursue the things they are interested in. I think I tried just about everything when I was a kid - and I wasn't really good at any of them!

Reasonably quiet day today (thankfully!), just preparing food for tonight. My baby brother (he is 22!) is coming for dinner and my day and other brother have pulled out so its just us! Oh well, easier to cook for smaller numbers. I am going to try and make crepes and I have cooked down some blackberries, blueberries and strawberries with a little sugar to fill them (and whipped cream on top, of course!!). Making souvalaki for dinner with some beautiful lamb backstraps I have marinating.

Hope everyone else is having a lovely day!

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi girls,

Nickers - really, OMG, that is great, WOW, I'm so excited for you, I really hope it is and it is all good... BIG SMILE...

Ali - good luck, it is pretty hard to get back out there, you probably did better than you thought, maybe you were just out of practice! Good luck we will be keeping our fingers crossed for you... re: house prices in Perth - I know, it has been on teh news in Sydney that Perth is more expensive to buy a house than Sydney... scarey for you...

Mel - yummy.. that sounds divine....

US: nothing major happening here, no teeth, no crawling, no sitting, Ally is still such a little baby, she is only 6.8 kilos, and everyone comments on how small she is, but she is super cute and smiles at everyone (esp. little children whom she loves). We will get there, I suppose I should not wish her to grow up too soon!

hello to everyone!

CC- i grew to realise having a small baby is a good thing! Not that Nixon is small now though lol but at Ally's age he was about 7kg i think.
    Mel- crepes sounds yummy, wanna make some extra and toss some this way! i can't really be bothered cooking for 1 tonight..
    Dee- i did physie, ballet, jazz, tap as a kid/teenager, loved it most of the time but wish i had of dropped something and taken up an instrument of some sort so thats great Bree & Mikayla play something.
    Ali- oh excellent news re; the job, see a negative turns into a positve, u were down about the rental and now u could have a new job! got my fingers crossed for you

Its been pretty quiet in here today hasnt it........
    Thanks for the words of encouragement girls, i promise i'll let u know as soon as dh & I do!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast