Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #32

Good afternoon Just a quickie, been out again all day and Wade had his second session of Kinder. Pretty tired and frazzled as Wade threw a wobbly when we arrived at Kinder and didn't want to stay. He was the only child crying and all the mums pushed past me because I had to deal with Niall who was clambouring out of the pram and I had my arms full.... so even though i was the first mum there I ended up signing Wade in last because everyone barged infront of me And THEN the teacher didn't offer to help me engage him in an activity I had to ask for help so that I could leave grrrr... I was fuming because when I worked in an ELC I always helped parents with distraught children. I said to my DH when he rang to ask how Wade dealt with it today "Well it's not Shelford (my old ELC)" However Wade's teacher did ring me here about 5 mins ago just to make sure everything was ok... I thanked her for the call... I won't hold a grudge... I shouldn't blame her for all the other mums pushing past me but I did mention it to her. I probably sounded like a highly strung mother... maybe my standards are too high... maybe polite people just get left behind these days

Anyhow I'm going to take it easy this afternoon....

Nic: oooooh! baby dust *sprinkle* have you bought a home test yet??? How exciting!!!!
    Ali: *fingers crossed for you too darl!* and i agree, a move closer to work will be a good thing... imagine how much you'd save in petrol!
    Heaven: yep, you've got to offer what you think might be appropriate for each child. Wade is a sensitive soul who I think will end up being musical... we also offered violin classes to Verity who did it for a year, but it's just not her, she's too active for that... sport is her thing. You never know, Bree might find her way back to dance at some stage in the future.
    Mel: oh berry crepes sound yum! I hope you have a lovely evening. Mine could end up chaotic as DH has gone to the cricket (work function in a corporate box but at least he doesn't have to buy drinks/dinner) he deserves it though, he's been working so hard lately.

I'm going to try to soothe my frazzled nerves now... might vapourise some spearmint (good for nausea too Nic)... and make myself a lemon, lime and bitters on ice....back later...

eta: sorry CC! posted at the same time... just putting Niall down for a nap... BBS

I am sooo sore, I sat down really hard on the edge of a chair and have bruised my coccyx!
    Eventful day yet again!
    I went to Jacks ST and just about pulled him out and told them what I thought of them!(JAck when you speak you have to OPEN your mouth and speak at a walking pace!)
    Then just I was walking out to the car to get my mobile,Carmel(my aunt) walked into the school and told me to get the kids because Mas had to get raced to the hospital,her cellulitis was on the verge of becoming septacemia(sp).
    Drove over to Shepp waited in there for a couple of hours while they checked her leg out, and then they decided that she needed antibiotics. She decided that if they could gve her the antibiotics at home(local private hospital) then she was doing that instead of staying in hospital over the weekend.So I bought her home.

Hiya Jess, oh no, sorry to hear that things are still touch-and-go health-wise with Mas... and now you have a sore butt! Ouch! You don't have a donut cushion lying around have you? I just read your recent WooHoo about Liz's reading Soon she'll be able to read to Pat and Bella... always a sweet thing to see

CC - Ally sounds like Marley, no crawling, no teeth and definately no sitting!!! She is happy to just roll around. At 6mths she was 6.85kg. I wouldn't worry, they all catch up at some stage. She sounds like a very happy baby. Sometimes I don't mind Marley not being too mobile - she is easier to find LOL!!!

Nic - pity you don't live closer, I could have sent you a care package LOL!!! I does suck cooking for 1, I hate it. I always freeze a few meals for times like that or be naughty and buy takeaway. Hope you found something good to eat.

Bath - how frustrating for you, I hate pushy people. At least you didn't have a fight with them, I would have found it hard to bite my tongue. Did Wade enjoy the rest of his time at kinder? Hope everything is calm in your household tonight.

Jess - never a dull moment for you although I am sure you would prefer it not to be the case.

Our dinner was beautiful. The crepes extra yummy and soooo easy. I will definately be making them again. Marley has really taken to eating toast with vegimite. She had her dinner tonight but only ate a very small amount. We were ready to sit and eat ours so I gave her the toasted crust bit and she happily sat there for 30 mins, sucking it and chewing it up. She thinks my brother is hilarious and just constantly laughs at him in a very hearty chuckle, sounds very cute. He is very good with young kids. Chelsea idolises him as he lived with us during my pregnancy and until Chelsea was 18 mths old. He spoils her all the time and they were outside playing on the swings and slide together. It is still quiet mild outside, at least its not going to be as hot tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a lovely evening.

Well Mel i didnt end up having a night alone, gf came around with her twins so had fun with all of them, we had pizza was yum but prob not as good as your homemade crepes!
    Jess- ouch to your coccyx! be careful would yah!
    Bath- sorry to hear wade chucked a wobbly, something im not looking forward to. nixon has already started his little tanty's when he is not happy, its almost funny!

Question: has any of your babies started grabbing their bits yet? New thing for Nixon when his nappy comes off is to grab himself. now i know he doesnt know what he is doing and is just exploring, remove his hand and say no, he laughs and thinks its funny..... anyone been down this rd, do they grow out of it? what did u do?

Mel - mmmm, crepes! I'm inviting myself over for dinner! Honestly, though, sounds like your cooking is like your home decorating - I need a dose of both from you
    Jess - Glad your aunt can be home instead of a loveless hospital, and that you can be there for her. All my aunts are overseas. The ones who would be here in a heartbeat would never be able to afford to come even half way to Australia. The ones who can afford it don't - one came once, for my sister's wedding, and I'm going to be uncharacteristically pessimistic and say that I don't think she'd come over for my wedding if I were to ever have one (I'll save her the anguish and just not have one, eh?). I love them all and they are fond of me, but I don't think it quite adds up. Maybe it's not my place to judge them. Anyway, you've got loving family nearby and they have you
    I finally moved the clothes off the rug...and culled more clothes than I thought I'd have the heart to! DP didn't help at all. I had to wait for my cousin to come over for dinner and get her opinion. Unfortunately, that meant she walked into a mess, but she helped me clear it up by frowning, or shrugging (shrugged clothes stayed, frowns went into the bag). She loves Oscar, so it's nice for Oscar to have some member of my extended family be involved with him. I hope she never moves back to Ireland! She's the one getting married next January and we are so there!
    Oscar is still awake - woke up from his sleep and hasn't gone back down. Little monkey. To be fair, I haven't tried to put him back, but neither has DP...
    Nic - fingers crossed!
    Heaven - I read about the schoolgirl hit by a 4WD today and immediately thought of your kids' school! I hope something can be resolved.
    CC - great to read from you again! Ally just comes in a compact package...not like my bruiser..
    OK, tomorrow is swimming and I have dishes to do before I go to bed...
    ETA: Nic, LOL at growing out of it! If they join a fire brigade then they're not the ones who grow out of it...hee hee! Oscar has grabbed his bits a couple of times...and I'M the one who thinks it's funny, cos it reminds me of the other brigade kids and their proud fathers (hmmmm, my friends sound savoury, don't they?). I would just let him play with his bits cos I'd be afraid of creating an issue in his head for him. He will learn social norms (well, here's hoping!) and so will Nixon. It may even take a while, but somewhere along the line he will learn that grabbing bits for the fun of it has a time and place. I mean, it's unlikely he'll do this for the pleasure of it at age 10, put it that way. But that's just what I think of the situation. Others may take a polarised view!
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; February 9th, 2007 at 10:49 PM.

Grabbing bits: LOL I was vaguely concerned about this too when Wade was Niall's age as he too started to not only grab but tug quite alarmingly! Not having any brothers when I grew up I didn't realise that doing this was harmless and NOT actually painful. I remember one occassion he pulled it so hard that I called DH into the nursery: "Look! Is he going to hurt himself?!" DH assured me: "Nah, that wouldn't hurt". But on another occassion when he had a stiffy I tried to tuck it downward into the nappy and DH leapt forward and said "Ooh don't do that! (He was about to wee) Just hold a washer over it until he's finished... it could hurt a bit otherwise" LOL So my education on pen!s care begun! As for playing with it Wade grew out of it and he only touches it if he needs to go to the potty these days. I wouldn't worry too much. If he starts fiddling in public when he's older and it worrys you then you could say "boys only do that at home... some people don't like to see it... bit like going to the potty, that's private too isn't it? You don't like to see other people going to the potty do you? No? Well just do it at home then". Disclaimer: This is just what I say to Wade... I don't suggest this explanation is right for everybody, it's just right and has worked for us

Poor Wade doesn't know it yet but this afternoon he's going to have a set of immunisation needles. I fell behind with him when I fell pregnant with Niall... I feel really bad about this but better late than never I guess. DH is coming with me this time... he'll soon realise how traumatic it can be for mums too who usually are the ones to have to do this. I always have them done at our GPs... they've recently extended their opening hours to include weekends which is great.

Oh and I can confirm that adding Philly cheese to IK's slice recipe works beautifully! I added about 100g to the original icing recipe... needed to add a bit extra lemon juice and icing sugar... not sure on exact quantities but if anyone has a go it'll kinda make sense as you make it... just aim for a nice thick spreading consistency... thick enough so that it doesn't drip off a knife but thin enought to spread very easily... remember the sugar will make it set. I'm having a bit now with a cup of tea. Be back later tonight.

Oh and if anyone hasn't the movie Amelie it's a Must See!

Hi Girls,

Well DH got home a little while ago.
    So i have to tell you guys that I have not been completley honest over the last few days...
    Thursday arfternoon at only 6DPO i decided to do a little test. Probably because DH wasnt here to scrutinize it would be silly to test so early! Anyway expecting a BFn i was totally in utter shock when my first very faint, but definatley there came up!!
    OMG OMG OMG! so i waited an hour and did another test (using pregnosis clear) and another could it even be possibly to get a BFP so soon?
    So I went to the shops and bought the fortel test that says u can test 5-7days before AF and got a BFN.
    OK wait until Friday morning, woke at 5.15am! POAS and get another very faint
    Since then i have done about 6 more with all but one coming up positive.....

You can understand that i wanted to wait until dh came home before i told you, but the last 3 days have been the longest 3 days of my life! Ive so wanted to tell u but just had to bite my lip!
    I was so worried how dh would react. when he came in i was following him around the house, he eventually said whats up! I said my hands are all sweaty feel them, he did and said why? and i said i have something to tell u!! he knew straight away and exclaimed how super his sperm was lol....He was very excited but it extremley tired from working almost 24hr straight then being on a 2hr delayed flight back.

So i have rung my gp and booked for a BT on monday arvo, will probably get that back tues arvo/ wednesday.
    I figured out i will be due 25.10.07 which will be an 18month gap between Nixon and no 2..

OMG OMG OMG!!

*Squeal*!!!!! OMG! Ooooooh (((hugs))) Sticky vibes Nic! How are you feeling? I completely understand why you had to wait BTW Oh I wanna say more but we just got home from Wade's needles... and Niall's sooky... oh Nic I'm so happy for you! I hope we don't lose you totally to the October Belly Buddies... or else I'll have to stalk you in there! LOL gotta go... back later...

Woo Hoo, OMG Nic I'm soo happy that you got your , I'll be sending you your pink dust and heaps and heaps of sticky vibes, I can't believe your our first Junie to be pg again, I'm sitting here with a huge smile on my face, congrats to you and DH.

I went to a tupperware party this morning and only took Cody, so I had a nice 2 hours away from the kids and enjoyed some adult conversation, there were 2 other babies there for Cody to play with one was 2 mths younger then him and the other was 3 mths, they enjoyed themselves as well, lol.

hugs to everyone.

hugs xoxo

Congrats darling...I knew something was up last night when we were chatting!

Well today was a lot of fun. We ended up vaccinating 7 males and 28 females(not to mention crias) We then seperated them into pg and due to be mated. Then we did one mating and herded the pg's into the Maternity yards and the others back up to the Olive grove.Neeny- I didn't get spat on but DH did! LOL his face was covered in green spit that stunk!!!!
    Next Sat is DH's day and then its my day, we will take it in turn until we can save some money to pay someone to look after the kids.

Awwww thanks Bath, Amanda & Jess, it makes me feel even happier to knwo you guys are happy for me.
    Don't worry i'll be stayin in here, u'll prob get sick of me talking about No#2 after a while. well it could be an august,sept or oct baby but we'll be aiming for october/Novemer baby!
    My goal this time round will be to get past 33weeks lol! I already have a plan and that is to NOT STRESS over the little things. So please remind me of this when i forget and start stressing over silly little things.

jess- sounds like a very productive day with all the vaccinating.
    amanda- did u say tupperware?? lol! if u ever want anything im becoming a consultant!! well im going to have a long hard think about if i should still go ahead with it now.....

Wooooooohooo Nic, that is such exciting news, 18 months is a nice gap between babies. DH and I are going to start trying as soon as we know I have some work and we can save a bit of money. Hopefully yo will have a nice smooth pregnancy and last the whole 40 weeks this time!

Jess- your day sounds very productive and lots of fun. I am so glad that you have found something to do that you really enjoy.

I did a days releif teaching yesterday, it was nice tobe back in the classroom but let me tell you by the time I got home I was utterly exhausted, and my suspicion of not being able to do full time teaching with young children was confirmed, it is just too much work!

Nic - WHOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! . What awesome news. A big congratulations to you, DH and Nixon on becoming a big brother! I can totally understand why you had to wait, unreal that it came up +ve so quickly. You are right not to stress out, stay +ve! I get excited reading other peoples birth announcements but it will even better now that its someone I know LOL!!! Glad you had company last night - twins, now wouldn't that be funny! Well maybe not!

IK - would be happy to give you some cooking lessons! I use to work with an amazing chef who taught me lots of things and a great appreciation and passion for food. I like creating my own recipes the best but also enjoy following one from a book. Must be the day for clothes culling - I have just gone through Marleys wardrobe and pulled out quite a few things that don't fit anymore.

Bath - how did Wade go with his needles? What ones did he have to have done? The philly cheese sounds yummy, would make a lovely, smooth creamy icing.

Jess - sounds like a busy day. Poor DH being spat on!!! They are such grumpy buggers. My old boss has an alpaca stud farm at Flowerdale and I used to hate going anywhere near them just in case we got spat on! Not good when taking prospective clients to view the property and they get spat on although it did happen once - very funny!!!!

Ali - I'm with you, I don't know how people do full-time work with kids. There were times when I used to struggle working 3 days when Chelsea was younger but it got easier as she got older.

Re the pulling of the bits: both my girls used to do it. Chelsea did it from a very young age, then stopped until she started toilet training, then she did as Bath mentioned and only grabbed when she needed to go. Marley is a different story! She has been grabbing at them quite visciously (sp?) and really pulling and scratching. It does hurt her sometimes as she bursts into tears if she has pulled to hard. I will mention it the paed when I go next week as it might have something to do with the eczema. It is a bugger when she has done a poo and if I don't give her something to play with or hold, I end up with one very pooey hand LOL!!!

Quiet night here tonight. DH at work and both girls went to bed at 7.30. I made some toasted pita chips to have with some dip - might go have some now!!!!

Well in all the excitiment I forgot to post about the 'pulling of bits'. Wyatt is notorious (sp) for pulling his, it looks as if he's about to pull it off sometimes, the other two don't do it so much, but sometimes if their watching tv you'll find them playing with themselves. Most times I don't say anything, but if we're at the shops or out somewhere I will just tell them to stop, like it's been said they will learn not do it in public places, so I wouldn't worry to much.

Mel enjoy your pita crisps and dip, it sounds yummy.

Jess sounds like your enjoying your new job and what a productive day you've had, sorry to hear about Mas's leg hopefully it will get better soon.

Hi Bath and everyone else, got to go and finish cooking our butter chicken for dinner.

hugs xoxo

Tori has just learnt to pull her bits aswell, today DH was changing a pooey nappy and she stuck her hand it and managed to make a right old mess. I remember our MCHN saying that it was just a normal stage of development, just like them discovering their hands or their feet!

Congratulations, Nic! I knew you knew, or you wouldn't have even posted about it yet Well, I didn't KNOW, but I had a feeling IYKWIM! Anyway, that's great news - pull out all the maternity clothes again!
    Speaking of new babies, I've just been to a baby shower and Oscar charmed the pants off everyone again. I can't wait for this new baby! New mummy to be received about 8 bottles, bottle cleaners, a steriliser and a packet of formula. Wouldn't you want to clear that with someone first, for a baby shower pressie? I'm absolutely sure that the givers thought they were doing a good thing, but these things are not on the agenda for my GF...and are not going to be used! I felt even better about my pressie after hearing that (when the givers had gone home), because I was starting to wonder if I'd wasted my money getting an ABA subscription for her between myself and two other girls. But I didn't and it was a big relief to hear that she didn't want anything to do with bottles with her baby. Ooohh, and I have recommended BB to the new mummy's SIL...because she's TTC and wants to do the kind of parenting and birthing that I'm doing and thought she was weird cos she didn't know anyone else who was doing it that way until she heard what I was doing with Oscar
    Jess - sounds like a great day you had!
    Mel - well, I DID steal your cinnamon idea for the potato salad thingy and everyone loves that salad now... I'm up for stealing more techniques...
    Amanda - LOL about playing with bits while watching TV! It would kind of be like nail-biting, wouldn't it? Well, maybe easier, cos nail-biting becomes hard wired into some kids, at least they grow out of bits pulling (unless, as I mentioned, they are future firefighters, hee hee!)
    Just got home from the baby shower, so I"m going to put Oscar and myself to bed.

Thanks Ali, Mel, IK and Caro!
    I should be posting a pg announcement but just want to wait for BT results to confirm all is ok.
    IK- hehe well that little post prior to telling u was my little way of letting something out without doing so lol!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast