Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #32

Bath, I do realise that you have taken issue with the other Junies site and you have instigated more then a few negative comments about the site, I am sorry that you have been left out, that, however, is not mine or anyone else who posts in both places fault, so we shouldn't be made to feel guilty about our involvement. If you want to chat in both and believe me I personally would welcome that, why don't you email the person and ask to join in. The choice, of course is yours. The girls that post in both sites do not mention the site in here. You are correct, some bagging does get done, but it isn't comsumed with bb bashing we talk about stuff the same as in here. Obviously when friends get together they will talk about things that have upset them. From your knowledge you will see that I personally as well as a few others have not b !tched about Ik, I have no reason to. I like posting in both, I had a problem with her over analysing my posts recently and felt that as other members felt that way too I would act the messenger rather then bi !ch behind her back. I'm not two faced and I believe people know where they stand with me. If other's choose to be two faced and have no back bone, then that is their perogative. Why would I want to ignore Ik, I like her, I won't be ignoring her posts or anybody elses. This will be the absolute final thing I will say about this subject irrespective of what else is said. I have said my peace. It really is time to move on.
    Nathan ate grapes today, I love those little feeder, teething thingy's.
    I took the girls to the hockey sign on, lol it's the second club we went to, the other club was too small and didn't offer proper training and was more expensive. Still spent a fortune enrolling three of them and buying uniforms.
    Ok the only thing left to pay for and organise is Instrumental music, which for some bizarre reason they don't have a woodwind section at the school. I"ll have to double check that with the school on Monday. They do have strings, so Kayla is excited about starting the Violin, I really hope I can hire one.
    My SIL popped by this morning and we are taking the kids to the pool tomorrow, should be fun. I don't and I won't take the five of them to anywhere there is open water by myself. It only takes a split second to pay attention to one and loss sight of another. Too much for one person I think with the ages that they are.
    I'm really excited about starting Uni, I can't believe it's next week already.
    Mel that is so cute, Nathan bops up and down in his walker and waves his hands in the air but not really dancing yet. Nathan hasn't got any teeth yet either. I don't expect any til nine months as this is the age all of his sisters got teeth.

Last edited by Coolabahdee; February 17th, 2007 at 08:18 PM. Reason: added stuff

Hi girls
    was reading all the posts and got a bit well... "over" some of the stuff.

As I wasn't here for heaps of it I'd be offending some for no reason other than just to speak my mind on it. So I'll refrain and PM those I wish to.
    (GOD that's really hard, but I'm trying to be mature!!) wish me luck!

For the record, I know i'm days late in saying this, but I'm really glad you melb gals get together and hang out, I don't feel left out - just jealous!

I would feel left out about the "other site" if I actually cared! I'll just take what you do in here, cause I like hearing how you all are. I've done highschool, I'm NOT doing it again. I'm a fantastic awesome person and if anyone doesn't like me, they are the one missing out on a great friendship.
    See I couldn't help myself I still had to say stuff! But i'm a junie and a BB member, I'm allowed!

I'm feeling a bit fragile at the moment too so maybe it's just the hormones at 7 months??
    ALI - thinking of you and your yuck situation, I wish me or someone else could wave a magic wand and fix it for you! I know it's hard, try to remain positive so you stay "up" for your interviews. But if you are down, you can SO come in here and vent, we are all very empathetic to your housing and job situation. So if it helps even a little bit, you rant in here ok??

Hey everyone else, you've all been doing so much I don't really have time for personals.
    See you on Monday!

Oh Ruby is 8 months old how could we forget to wish one of our babies a happy 8 months!!!

As for the other site issue, I'm making a stand here and writing why a lot of ppl left here and went in there. It was due to the fact that some junies uncomfortable about posting in here. All we did was start a area where we could post links (according to BB guidelines not allowed.) and show each other different things...No one ever said you couldn't join..its not restricted.A lot of us post in each group because we miss the rest of the group.Its got nothing to do with any single person. The "informative" thread about Attachment parenting did put ppl on the outside because a lot of us do not feel like they could do it, but each to their own, myself I could not do it but I say good on those who want to.Now can we please get back to some decent conversation.

My trip to Melbourne was interesting to say the least! We ended up at the MCG on the way to Frankston, I had to txt "s" to figure out how to get out of there! We ended up heading to Parkdale beach for the kids to have a look and it was funny cause Pat and Bella hated the beach! I hope I haven't offended anyone..

love to you all

Good morning,

had a rough night with Nixon, woke at 2.30am and had vomitted everywhere and rolled all in it.....he wasnt too fussed about it but of course needed to clean it up and help him out, he had chunks in his hair yukk!

Happy 8months Ruby for Friday
    Happy 11months Ronan for yesterday Big 1 next month!!
    [B]Happy 8months Nathan, Oscar & Marley![/B]

Jess - the AP thing ended up being about what people thought of the people who DID do it, that was the problem! I don't really care what gets said on the other forum - out of sight, out of mind. What matters to me is that I can share on BB. Parkdale is much nicer than Frankston, too, glad you had a nice day in the metro area. I hope you can appreciate that towns in Melbourne are not just around the corner from each other - too bad you got lost, initially, too.
    Heaven - *exercising right of reply* if you are going to pull your post, then there's not much point in my post being there, too, is there? So, having explained that, I'm going to remove my response post, as I'm sure all relevant parties have read it by now and if it hasn't been understood, then there's not much more I can do except turn myself inside out...and I'm not going to do that :P Your email was, ummm, well, I read it. It proves my point about perceptions and how no-one can control someone else's
    Good, is that behind us again? I don't want to rehash my thoughts on the matter another time, and even though I don't need much encouragement (think typing is too easy!), I need my energies elsewhere. Thanks for the nice messages I got, too! Always appreciated. And, you know, Donna, I think you put it best And I am really glad BB has been here for you and good to know the girls here have been helpful to you - makes it worth all that typing to read that! You put a smile on my face, and a very small tear (I'm not going to fully admit to sentimentality here, am I?).
    Nickel - LOL! You're a funny chick - why wouldn't you want to do highschool again? I had such a great, character building time being told I needed to be like everyone else, and then reviled because I didn't want to...yeah, yeah, let's do that again! My reunion 3 years ago was priceless, too, BTW - I got the evil eye from one mean girl (ummm, 10 years on) as she eyed off DP, as if to say "how did YOU get HIM?". Yes, let's not do school again, I second that motion.
    Well, swimming was ace yesterday, but the little monkey decided sleep was optional for the rest of the day. He 'pinged' awake when we got to the party in Brunswick and beamed at all and sundry before playing with a dog toy (a toy that the dog there doesn't actually play with, so he could suck on it to his hearts' content), stayed awake all the way back to the hills for the 40th, and then finally went to sleep just before we headed home. DP is at the fires again, so it's just me and the boy as family reps for his cousin's birthday today!
    I was supposed to go to brigade this morning to help out because there's an event on as well as the fires...but Oscar has slept so little and he's sleeping so soundly now, that I want to let him sleep.
    Nickers - is it the heat that had Nix throw up? Or have you since discovered another possibility? How your first demo go?
    Mel - still jealous of MIL's pool...my dad has cleaned his, but apparently the surrounds are still manky, so I might give it a go later today - I don't care about the deck, I just want clear water!
    I've forgotten some other things I was going to post, but time is of the essence before this kid wakes up and my head is full of, you know, intentions!
    Hi to everyone, esp to the VIC girls who are going to experience near 40 degrees two days running! Days like this I want a river in my backyard...

Hi all - I'm gonna sidestep most of the above and say Nickel cheer up, love! I think it is just something that is in the air!

And Nickers - IKWYM on the rough nights!!! We had a wee explosion the other night - less messy than spew I know, but I sympathise

Better go - we went to the beach last night (Flynn's first swim in the sea!) and we still haven't unpacked the car. Better get the wet towels out before they go all smelly!!

Oscar's still asleep - I've missed brigade duties!
    Rory - yay for first swim in the sea! How did Flynn go? Was he confused, or did he take to it? Also, how did he sleep last night? Like a baby possessed again? That's what I meant to ask in my last post (one of the forgotten things!).
    What to do with myself that wont' wake the boy...

Hi Ladies,

IK - Sounds like Oscar is having a wonderful sleep, i hope he sends some of those sleepy vibes to Lachlan!

Rory - How was Flynn in the water? did the waves scare him? how did he go with the cold water? I took lachlan not long ago to the beach (the waves are tiny here) and he loved it, he was a bit put off at first by the temperature but after that he had a great time!

Nickers - I hope Nixon is feeling a bit better today, dont you hate those nights when you have to change them. Lachlan seems to wet himself a fair bit and i hate that i have to change him completely. It really wakes him up and makes it heaps more difficult for him to go back to sleep.

Nickel - I hope your feeling better, i agree with Rory, there must be something in the air, i havent been feeling myself lately either.

Happy 8 months to Ruby!!

Well, i had a good night, Lachlan went to bed at 7 and woke at 11 for a bottle then went back to sleep straight away, then woke at 4.15. I automatically went to get his bottle and noticed that it was all quiet so went back to check and he had gone back to sleep! He did the same thing at 5.15 and went back to sleep on his own and eventually woke up at 6.45 (only cause DF was up and making some noise) So he was still waking but the good thing is that he didnt have that second bottle in the night! Lets hope we can do the same thing tonight!!
    Cross all your fingers and toes for me!!!

They're crossed, Dee! Good Lochie for getting himself to sleep like that!
    Outta here for the day...

Jess that sounds like an interesting day, I'll bet everyone slept well, lol.
    Rory, How did he like it. We swam in the bay at Currumbin beach where the water was more riverlike IYKWIM and poor Nathan screamed like a girl, lol. He soon got used to it and I was able to sit with him on my lap. He ended up loving splashing around in the water.
    Nic I hope Nixon is better this morning.
    Donna, ohhh hope this is the beginning of Lachy sleeping through for you. How are the wedding plans coming along.
    Ik Lol that would be sight wouldn't it, lol. Shame about Brigade duties, I now how much you enjoy them, all the same it's so lovely to have a free morning, did you find something interesting to do?
    Nickel I had a great high school experience with a teriffic group of friends, many of whom I'm still in touch with today, we stayed away from the dramas of other groups so I'm afraid I can't relate there.
    Ohhhh Nathan is squealing with delight as he has finally managed to pull himself up to standing in his cot, Best go and feed the boy, I'm a little overloaded with milk this morning andI have to get this washing done, I'm trying hard to not use excess power, ie the Dryer and the Aircon, but not at the expence of comfort, if it get to hot I'll turn it on. We have had heaps of rain so I'm running low on clothys, I do have sposies to back me up though. But the sun is out and the second load is done so better go hang out. I managed to get a sleep in this morning, it was fabulous, I had almost forgotten what it was like. Well off swimming this afternoon, should be great.Well bye girls Have a lovely day.
    Bye Dee

Nic - poor Nixon, nothing worse than spew in your hair!!! How is he today? You are so good to remember the babies dates, do you have a list? If so, can you email it to me, I am hopeless and often forget when its Marley's - thanks for reminding me LOL!!!

IK - didn't go to the pool again!!! Marley was sleeping and I just couldn't be bothered going outside, it was so hot. DH took Chelsea instead and they have headed off there again today. I just hate how hot it is outside. Would rather stay in my cool house!!! You should go to your dads pool, like you said as long as the water is clean!!!! Hope DP isn't kept away for too long. DH nearly went out yesterday to Yarra Junction, glad he didn't though. Oscar sounds like he is having a "chill out" day - the heat does that to you.

Jess - don't feel bad, I get lost in Melb too and I have lived her my whole life!!!!! I haven't been to Parkdale beach, was it nice? Chelsea hated her first time at the beach, now she loves it. You'll just have to make more trips to Melb LOL!!!

Nickel - LOL about the 7 mth hormones! I think we all have them at times!

Dee - excellent about Lachlan sleeping. I have everything crossed for you tonight. XXXXXXXXX

Rory - do you have fish and chips at the beach? It would have been beautiful, hope you gots lots of pics of Flynn in the water.

7th - Nathan sounds like a clever boy! Standing in his cot. I have just pulled up the side rails on Marley's, JIC. She is not even crawling yet, so I don't think she will be standing anytime soon. Well done on getting a sleep in, it must be such a rarity for you. The sun is well and truely out here - its so bloody hot! My washing dried in about 1 hour! Don't want to go and put anymore out, its too hot!

Hi to Bath, Amanda and anyone else I missed.

Hope the cool change comes soon!!!!

Mel- yes i cheat i have a list! I'll email it to you.

Well Nixon seemed ok thismorning, didnt really want much breakfast had about half but then half an hr later threw it all back up on the loungeroom floor. But he wasnt upset, i didnt actually see it, put some clothes in the wash walked out and he was just starring at this huge pile of spew! so then i had to go out today, DH said he hasnt thrown up since but the spaz didnt give him his 2nd bottle. he is still sleeping so not going to wake him but quiet annoyed because i SPECIFICALLY said about an hr after lunch give him a bottle.... he doesnt have much in his tum from his spews its 40 dam degrees and he deprives him some nutrients......as u can tell i am annoyed!

anyway i have a gp appoint tomorrow for a BT so if i think he is still a little unwell will get her to check him over also. It may even be teething cause he is drooling like a trooper atm.

IK- my party went quiet well. although i need 4 parties to kick start me and get my gear but only have 2 so far, so gotta try hunting some friends to help me out. i went and sat in on a party today and already feel like my product knowledge is expanding.

Mel, we did have fish and chips but they were really ordinary, but the rest of the trip was great. Dee and Dee, Flynn did like the water - he was a bit miffed by the cold at first but settled down pretty quick. We went to Williamstown - it was low tide and there was no surf and the water was pretty pi$$-warm (and I mean probably literally, given the number of people in the water!) But I had a good time, and bought a chocolate icecream in a cone and gave Flynn a suck - we got some priceless pics! DH later said he wasn't keen on him getting sweet stuff but I figure at this age it is all about tasting different stuff, even if it is stuff I wouldn't give him to "eat" so to speak.

IK, Flynn's sleep last night was typically broken - he nibbled at 10pm, had a smallish feed at 12.30am, then had a really good feed 3.30am, woke crying at 4.30 and then for a feed at 6.45 and slept till 8am. Suffice to say it was enough to prompt me to call an ABA counsellor who said waking to feed is perfectly normal because he isn't getting enough nutrients during the day. Apparently this is typical for BF babies who are trying to crawl, getting more activem and are too distracted to feed during the day. So on her advice Flynn had yoghurt for lunch instead of his usual massive feed in a hope that he will take the boob more (she suggested cutting out lunch entirely which I was keen to do but he really wanted solids). He does seem to have had more milk feeds during the day so we will see what the night brings. Either way I am going to FORCE myself to go sleep at a reasonable hour (hopefully by 9.30) so I better get my stuff down now so I am not tempted to "potter" all evening.

catchyasall

ETA - Nickers - "SNAP"!! Good luck on the tupperware!

hey guys - I'm being a bit naughty and posting in here on Sunday! '
    ALI - I just read about your MIL going in with you for a house?? AWESOME! yay, maybe my magic wand for you worked anyway! I'm so so happy for you, I really hope it all works out for you and the gorgeous Tori!

Thanks for all the happy 8 months for Ruby! If it wasn't for you guys I'd have NO idea how old she is most of the time! She's thinking about crawling, but having seen one friend's bubba speeding around and she spent the whole get-to-gether chasing him, I figure Ruby can just take as long as she wants! I do wish she'd sit up though, she seems rather frustrated by it all!

Ok I've taken my chill pill everyone! I'm feeling much more positive having had a relaxing weekend and actually getting some of my housework done.
    Rory - I totally sympathise, and hope I'm not in for this soon! Maybe it's cause flynn's a boy and just needs heaps more calories? Anyway it's helpful to keep in mind. I'm so glad for you that you can still breastfeed and are continuing to give it a go! Remember your milk is great stuff for Flynn. BTW don't know if I ever commented but I love that name!

7th Heaven - you can't relate but YKWIM! Best to avoid all that stuff hey? Fortunately my group was great - are you stillf friends with your highschool group? I wish I was but I ****ed them all off when I joined a religious cult!

OK my DH just cooked my dinner for me (roast chicken! ) so gotta go!
    Hello Amanda, Bellasmum, LoveMygirls, Jaspen (!yay! to see you again) Karen (are you still around?), Ceecee, --> oh sorry everyone, just got called for the 5th time to teh table by p!ssed off DH!
    See you all!

New thread time girls

Love

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678