Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #45

Mel- OMG what a cheeky girl, i would have been as devistated as you were, just checked out the pics and yes good chunk missing there but at the very worst you know it will grow back hey?! What you did with the clip looked quiet fine i thought.

Jess- hmmm tough call, i can understand your DH getting upset but he really needs to see the big picture, do you think he may also feel like Kate wont see him as a dad the more she gets to know her bio dad? i can imagine my dh feeling that way if we were in a similar instanst.

i still havent conotacted my doula, why cant i do it?! I was planning to send an email?? i hate confrentation even though i know i am in the right, i know i did not get a service from her and surely she has to know that also. The sad thing is the time i did meet her and speak to her we seemed to get on well and she was very nice. But right when i needed her most she wasnt around.

Rory- Congrats on getting to FT yayyy!! i think you will have a late Nov bub 29th or 30th im going!
    Julie- i hope you sort those builders out how frustrating

If you want to read my exciting news check out my post! I wont re write it all but Tyron is on the boob!
    Breast Refusal-Exhausted all idea's - Page 2 - BellyBelly Forums ~ Pregnancy, Birth & Baby

Oh yay! Nic! checking out the link now...

Rory - full term already! I hope you get to the show next week and Little One stays put for a bit longer.

Jess - must be the season for cutting hair! Glad the meeting went well, but DH needs to understand that Kate needs to get to know her bio dad and if you wanted ex back you would have done so before now. Why are men so insecure? Its even better that Kate enjoyed the visit too.

Nic - just posted in your thread, awesome news! I am sure you will pluck up the courage to contact her soon, and it doesn't have to be confrontational, just explain how you feel let down and see where the conversation goes. Good luck.

Didn't get to the market or Bunnings! Just spent a fairly lazy day at home, finished my washing and playing with the kids. Chelsea wanted to go the park again (already went this morning!) so DH took her. Where do they get all their energy from?

Can't remember much of the day, hit my head and have been trying to remember what I have done.
    My ex's sister has had a rough time in Melbourne and has decided to move back this way, so we offered her a bed here and she has accepted. So Shazz is now living here!
    Have got a terrible headache so will leave it there, just wanted to touch base with all of you.
    Love yous all

Jess- how & what did you hit your head on? I hope you are alright, not concussed or anything??
    How do you think the ex's sister staying will impact on your DH? is he ok with it?
    take care of yourself and head to the docs if you possibly can

we had a great weekend here. Saturday went down woollongong way where my gf lives to try on bridesmaids dresses. DH drove us down and i took Ty with us and he went and took Nixon for a play in the park and walk with his Trike. Once we were finished we had lunch, Nix was really good and sat on a big seat and ate his sanga and shared my milkshake!
    Yesterday some of DH friends come over for a bbq, we sat outside as weather was lovely. Nix had a ball playing in the dirt, eating chalk and being a typical boy!

This morning i drive for the first time and did the grocery shopping with the boys on my own! went well cause it wasnt a busy time, but coming home it was full on and it took me 2.5hrs to unpack everything in between feeding, naps, nappy changes etc etc!

hope you are all well

nic- Yeah for getting your freedom to drive back must feel nice. LOL at the food shop brings back many memories mind you my kids were older so really have to hand it to you girl who have them that close together I know I couldnt do it. I still have a hard time coping with my cry baby Kai she still seam so little to me cant get over you have another to deal with and so will rory and ali soon.

Jess- hope your head feels better today, Is DH ok with shazza I guess he is as otherwise I doult she would be there I know my DH would not cope with that and have to say if the shoe was on the other foot dont know if I would be so understanding. good luck with it all its good that DD gets to know her aunt anyway.

Bath- had a read through your 20 question answers feel like I know you better already lol, what good questions though really made me think.

well haven't been doing much here just the same old same old, May was giving me a cuddle today when she started the touch my upper leg ( where all my streech marks are) and with and very confused look asked me why do I have all thoses cracks on my legs. If she wasnt so cute I could have slaped her lol and here I was thinking I was look good in my short, shorts, and they are a bit shorter than I like but thought they looked ok but maybe I wont be wearing these again.

But like I have alway said It was with the grace of God that I got all my " cracks" on the back of my butt and legs as that way they are always behind me so when I look in the mirror I cant see them and that way I can forget I have them.

DH is cool with Shazz being here as we treat her really as a little sister.
    I'm not really sure about how I hit my head, all I can really remember is talking to DH, turning around and then the next thing I remember is waking up on my bed.DH said I was out for about 20 mins so I have taken it easy and if I feel like I'm getting worse, I'll get to the doctors.

Jess- if you passed out then you should have gone to the doctor straight away but not much they can do now, so rest up and feel better. I thought DH must have been ok with it, like I said dont know if I would have been but I guess with shazz been so young it would make things much eaiser.

Well I just thought I would let you all know that we have are 1st tropical low of the season hanging around well not us but png so we are getting bucket loads of rain ( wish I could send some down) but its the season and we have started. I know this sounds bad but I hope we get one this year before we move away from them all together, dont get me wrong I dont want a big one where people get there stuff damaged but just to say I have been in one and not a cat 1 as I have been in one of those and I have seen more wind on a melbourne beach in summer.

for those of you who have not seen I have posted a nice little "christmas hint" that got my mum and dad through many christmas's and is my own little life saver.

Well I have some good news finally, I got a call yesterday afternoon to say we have finally got a house, YAY. So hopefully we can move this weekend but the builders still have to fix a few things, so they have said that next Wednesday would be the move date but because they know DH can't get time off during the week they will see if the builders can do it by the weekend, so fingers crossed. My stress levels have gone down 100% so I'm feeling heaps more relieved, now I have to clean the house up spick and span, having the carpets cleaned on Saturday. I just can't believe that we finally have a house, hopefully this will mark the new beginnings for a new bub as well. Ok better go and start to clean.

hugs xoxo

oh so happy for you Amanda thats great news!
    ad yes a good omen for a new house, new bubba!

Just quickly because am just home from PlayGroup.... yay! Amanda!!! I hope it is a new beginning for you all too... we have moved a lot and life has gotten better with each move without fail.... in one way or another Wishing you the best for a smooth transition!

Yay Amanda on getting a house, I know how stressful the whole thing is, having been there and done it lots in the last few years. I agree with Bath, every move has bought great things for us and I hope the same happens to you.

Nic- I just wanted to say great news on the BF front, you must be so relieved that yo perserved and achieved what you were working for.

Things here are great, I am loving being on leave and getting lots of different bits and pieces done that have been waiting for months and months. I am almost all ready for chrissy, just 1 layby to pick up and wrap.
    I had a appt. with my doc yesterday and everything is just going great with bubs, I am stoked because I have managed to maintain the same weight since 24 weeks, so have only pur on a total of 6 kgs for this pg, which wll hopefully make loosing weight afterwards easier. Bubs is head down but not engaged, which is fine with me, and bp etc is all good.

Anyway better go and tackle the mountain of ironing in my laundry, hopefully I will get most of it done before Tori wakes up from her nap!

tali - hope you get the storm, but not a big one! I saw your xmas hint, so funny I think I might have to start using it.

Amanda - big congrats to you, thats great news. Onwards and upwards they say, I'm sure once you'll love your new place. Having not moved very often, I can't offer any advice on that front (been in our house nearly 13 years!).

Bath - just noticed you are Wheel of Fortune Champ!!! Go girl!! Have you been staying up late playing LOL!!!!

Ali - glad your are enjoy your leave, must feel great. You are so organised to have your xmas stuff sorted. Did you plan to do it that way with bub due or are you just very organised lol!!! 6kg is fantastic, well done. You often find with the second pregnancy that the bub doesn't engage until labour actually starts. Hope you get through your mountain of laundry.

Work today, not too bad. Busy but not too busy. I think Chelsea is well on her way to being toilet trained at night YEAH!!! We have been having so many dry nights its fantastic, and she is only wearing undies to bed. I think having the undies on has made it better for her. She has 2 more nights before she gets her requested Care Bear with the rainbow on its tummy!

Time for coffee!

Hi Ladies

Just popping in to hi and have a grumble about my completely crappy day yesterday - 1st off al poor Will fell so hard into a bed that he has pushed one of his front teeth backwards - i posted full story "the joys of boys" - still dont know how to link. he seems ok now although i keep giving him panadol in the day and nurofen at night.

Then when i was feeding the boys tea a huge panel of glass next to our patio doors shatter at around 6am due to the heat. Of course DH had just flown to Canberra so i was on my own and had no idea what to do. I phoned my landlady and her and her DH came over straight away and were so good. They sorted someone to come and fix it (he arrived at 9pm) and they stayed until he'd finished and helped tidy, so as much as ive had a few probs with them in the past, they were great - i've sent them some flowers today. I'm so tired though as i stayed up till 11.30pm mopping and hoovering as i was so scared of glass getting in the boys feet -it was everywhere! It's still outside but i'm too tired to deal with that - maybe later when they are in bed tonight.

anyway, ill shut up now and just grumble to myself - hope you are all having a good day

Julie x

Oh julie you are having a bad trot of late. Has it been three things yet? I hope so. Thank God that you and the kids were no where near. I would have S**t myself. Why is it thing always happen when the men go away? a gf of mine just found a mouse in her house as her DH is away they have only been in the house three months plus they are the 1st ones in it, so you would think it would have no mice.

Mel- good on Chelsea on the night training sound like she is doing really well and will love getting her much deseverd care bear. But just be parpared for if the weather gets a really cold then she may wet again as she wont be sweating out the water she might otherwise have done in the heat. My kids will tend to have a wet night the first night we go down to visit my parents in melbourne due to this. as the drink the same amount of water but dont sweat like they do up here just have to tell them to go to the toilet more but notice that kai's night nappy will be a bursting point.

Ali- I am in amazment that you have only put on 6 kg I think that I put on that in the first month lol, good on you hopefully that means a easier weight loss.

Amanda- yeah on the house always at the last minute isn't just enough to let you really starting to panic and then presto you get one. The universe really works in wonderful ways.

Well DH is home tommorrow so once again I might be a bit quite for a while but he did just buy himself a new road bike so I am sure he will want to go on many rides, and so he should for the price he paid for it. So I will try to pop in then..

That's a good tip regarding toilet training Tali... I think you might have something there. Wade is also doing really well keeping his pull-ups dry in bed... more often than not he wets it at breakfast! I am so busy with Niall when we get up that I forget to take him when he wakes up... he should be able to do it himself but I guess, being a bloke, food is on the forefront of his mind! LOL

Mel: I can't take credit for all those big wins in the arcade lately... DH has discovered the games and is determined to systematically win them all.... even that infuriating Chuckie Egg! He doesn't like PacMan though so my result in that one is genuine! he also isn't keen on MahJong so there's no threat there! Keep pluggin' away at it Mel!

Off to read your Joys of Boys thread Jules...

Hiya girls

I have been cleaning like a mad thing today - not heavy physcial stuff, but all the "not seen" jobs - polishing the kettle, shaking out the toaster, washing the stove trivets, cleaning out the inside rubbish bins....just nesting I guess LOL!! It is a real novelty for me to have so much time with Flynn too - today we used crayons for the first time! But I didn't realise it would be so hard to tell him it was time to stop - I just don't have the patience ATM to sit and let him scribble until he is bored LOL!

Sorry for no personals - off for a shower then beddy-byes.

Hi all

Have been away and been slowly catching up where everyone is at.

TT - Benjamin used to be like Wade Bath with the filling the pull up/nappy at breakfast thus the move to undies at night cause then he'd go when he got up rather than in the pull up at the breakfast table. I used to put it down to laziness with Benjamin as well as the food - in some ways - I can have my cake and eat it too - can get breakfast faster cause I have a pull up on so just go in that. We still get a night (or often two in a row) a month of wet beds.

Like Tali though the night temperatures used to make a difference to whether or not the nappies/beds were dry in the morning.

Julie - lets hope your bad run's over. Read your "Joys of Boys" thread and it is almost identical to a friend of mines - they now have there fingers crossed for no permanent damage as a result of head collecting bed and damaging all teeth on one side of mouth.

Amanda - yeah on the house!!!! hope the timeline works in your favour. We could be moving again soon too - I have my fingers crossed for not moving but will have to wait and see.

Nickers - great news on the BF front!!!! yeh and glad you had a nice day in Woolongong

Jess - hows the head???

Ali - sounds like you've got your second wind now that you are on leave

Rory - is bubs still hanging in there??? ETA snap - obviously is LOL

Tali - apparently you guys have had a tonne of rain - we've had two spits in the last two days - a bit frustrating though with working out whether to hang the washing out and water the grass - we could really do with the rain too (I'm sure by the end of the wet I won't be saying that).

Anyway had better go - hi to everyone

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast