Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #45

Default Babies Born June 2006 #45

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in June 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found here

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Wow I haven't been first in ages!

I've been on a cleaning spree today, Its such a beautiful day I thought I would do some spring cleaning...Catch you all later.

Thanks Christy, especially for the link

Hiya Jess, well that sounds positive about Bio Aunt and you guys clicking It sounds like that your DD1 will have a good friend in her too.

Busy day today: Dh's 41st birthday. He had to go to work today but at least he will have tomorrow off and we'll be seeing him at about 5pm instead of 7pm tonight. Got his cake in the oven (chocolate mud) and now I have to cook "something with eggplant in it" as per his request LOL Maybe a vegie Moussaka....

Took the kids to Heidelburg today where they were having a special event at the plaza there... bought Wade some new Crocs and got a free Environmentally friendly bottle of laundry liquid.

Received my Secret Santa gift this morning... I think it was the first one to be received! How organised is my sender???? LOL I'm posting mine off this afternoon.

Maya: how are you darl? miss ya!

Rory: off to read your preggy journal now... i just received an email notification....

Jess - sounds like good progress with the bio aunt (sounds funny calling her that!), I hope it keeps up. Great day for a spring clean.

Bath - happy 41st b'day to DH, I bet the cake will be delicious! Vegie moussaka sounds perfect. Otherwise I would have suggested a vegie curry (love eggplant in my veg curries). In this months Melb Child, they have the "Day out with Thomas" at Puffing Billy in Emerald. Sat and Sun (Nov 10 & 11). Adults at kids prices. Knowing how much Wade loves Thomas, thought I better let you know. How cool getting something for free, wonder what the stuff is like? Are you allowed to reveal your gift?

This months Melb Child is a ripper! Its the gift special and has some great ideas in it. Found a company that makes tshirts with the kids names on it, in some really beautiful designs. They are only $25, so I am going to order a few for xmas and b'day presents. We have heaps of b'days from now until xmas. The company is called ID Tees (dot com dot au) and they deliver in 5 days! Check it out.

Marley had swimming this morning then we went to a play centre. We have booked out this play centre for Chelsea's bday in January. The place is huge so its nice that we will have the run of the place. She is having a combined bday with one of her friends. Marley just loved it, she was getting on the jumping castle, getting bounced around and was having a ball!

I haven't long been home and really need a coffee..........

Bio aunt said to say hello to you all, she has been here the day..Her name is Shazz so we can call her that from now on!

Oh wow! Did she sign up today or has been been a member for a while? The username sounds familiar... I'll remember to say hi!

Nah, she hasn't joined up yet, but I want her too as she had a miscarriage a while ago and is still suffering from it. She is only 19 and still hasn't found the right guy!

She is staying the night as her SIL (the psycho one) has been staying out at her parents house and has been making her life a misery, it got to the extent that Shazz has been told that she can sleep out in the tent! All Shazz's belongings that she left there when she moved have been given away and she doesn't feel like she is welcome out there. So she is staying here tonight and we are going to really have fun tonight!

Mel - thanks for the tee shirt idea - have been naughty and used it for one of my secret santa (pretty sure they won't be in here so feel safe to say!) - the extra $5 is worth not having to go shopping with the kids! They are great! The camera i bought was the Sony Cybershot DSC-W80 and i'm so pleased with it, Can't believe how cheap i got it from doing it over the internet!

Bath - yep your ss is very organised! i ordered my other one yesterday so ive at least chosen both mine so thats pretty good for me! happy birthday to your DH - hope you all have a nice day.

Hi to Jess, Rory, Tali, Maya, Ali, Nic and everyone else.

The air races yesterday were great, we had such a good time and the kids absolutely loved it. They were so good and i was proud of them both - neither making a bolt for it which is a complete switch from last year - every time we let go of him he was off - theis time they both didn't go anywhere so it was actually quite relaxing! Very hot though as over 30 and no shade - all lathered in suncream and hats so we got away with it. There was one iffy moment when Osc was abit tired and turned round and threw his plane at the people behind us hitting the chap in the chest - i was so mortified - then to top it off he wouldn't say sorry so he got to sit in the pram for a few minutes. other than that they were great and didn't sleep! although Will zonked within 10 seconds of being put in the pram to leave bless him.

Swimming lessons on Saturday went great again, i really look forward to it although we've got into a naughty habit and when we're driving home Oscar tells us it's donut time and who are we to argue!

Off to walking group tomorrow followed by a little melbourne cup gathering at one of theirs houses so should be a nice day.

have a nice day tomorrow - especially all you melbournites who get the day off! (well, apart from the SAHmummies! hehehe - no day off for you!)

Julie x

Julie - glad I could give you a good idea lol!!! I am ordering about 5 so far, they are all so cute, I can't decide which ones to pick. Will have to check out your camera, did you order from a site or buy directly off someone privately? If you can PM me the details? I have been studying up cameras for months now. How nice that you had a such a great time at the air race and well done to the kids for being so well behaved, it makes for a much more pleasant day out. How embarrasing for you with Oscar throwing the plane, did you just want to shrink??? Its even worse when they won't say sorry, I am sure sitting in the pram was punishment enough (as they usually don't want to sit in there!). Love the idea of donuts on the way home from swimming LOL!!!! All my friends now I have a bit of a donut fetish, so I am with Oscar!

Jess - glad we can call her Shazz. I hope the two of you had a fun night last night.

Nic - hope you are travelling well since DH went back to work.

I am working today and its so quiet! We work 3 public holidays each year and in return we get a 2 week break at xmas without having to use any of our annual leave. Its a good deal and I don't mind working today. DH has the kids until 1pm and then off to MIL's for the afternoon. What a beautiful day outside. A few of us went and had lunch outside and it was gorgeous, we spent far too long down there LOL!!! We have been phantom betting today, pretending to put $5 each way on a horse in each race. So far I have only had a second place, a couple of my others can last and second last!!! Thankfully, its only phantom betting!! I am hopeless! I am picking Sirmione in the cup.

Has anyone else got a pick for the cup? I just need to see if the TV here will pick up Ch 7. Love checking out the fashions on the field!

Oh Mel that is such a good deal - I would work public holidays too!!

it's donut time and who are we to argue!
    LOL!!!

Jess I am glad things are going well with Shazz

something with eggplant in it" as per his request
    wow if my DH asked for that I would know he had been abducted by aliens and erplaced with a fake

Is anyone else having trouble getting tired kids to bed? Flynn has started really fighting his afternoon sleep, even though he is obviously tired (rubbing eyes, falling over and winging). DH is in there with him at the moment holding him while he screams like he is being stabbed - luckily it doesn't really bother either of us - seeing his impotent rage is actually quite amusing. DH just holds him and says "no, dad wins, you're so tired, see there's no need to fight" until he zonks out.

Better go - think I will potter a bit before my afternoon nap (I am really starting to get used to them

We have a couple of bets on today as we never bet except Cup day!
    Zipping, Tawqueet?, Master o'reilly, and Sirmione.
    We have spent about $22 on bets so not that much!
    Well Shazz and I had a great night! We knew my ex finished work at 11.30 so we drove out there and made it look like the cops were following him...It was sooo funny, we txted him later to say she wasn't coming home and he said he had been ringing and her phone was off! No signal out that way!
    Dropped her off at home today(45km there and 45km back!), she walked in the house and as soon as she saw him she burst out laughing!
    So yeah we had a lot of laughs and she might be meeting Kate this week.

Jess- sounds like you and shazz had a good time. Hope all goes well if and when they meet.

Rory- Kai was doing the same thing to me a few weeks back and also started to wake in the night and want to go in my bed which I did for a while but then she would just screem and have her hissy fit in there, so in the end I had to do the mean mummy thing and just let her cry until she went to sleep in her own bed, now it been a few week she no longer wakes in the night and she will go to bed without having to be tapped anymore which is great but makes me kind of sad to think that my baby is becomming a big girl.

hope all those who had a bet today did well have to say that I was very un-australian today and didn't watch the cup, I was too busy watching brittey spears on Dr phil and then the big O plus I was reading the last of the book 19mins which by the way is a really good book really makes you see how easy it is for us as parents to stuff up our kids with out meaning too. If you like to read I highly recomend it.

I went to the shops today where I got a sneek preview of what Kai is going to be like in a few short months, As she didn't want to go in her pram she was walking holding my hand when she started to hit her sister who was holding the pram, but happened to be in frount of Kai so I told her to stop she didn't, so I moved kai to the other side so that she could walk without may been in frount of her, but Kai wasnt happy with that and wouldn't hold my hand and wouldn't stand so I let her go and walked a few steps away, when she just stood there and put her hands on her hips and stuck her lips out so far that they touched her lips and stamped her feet ( very hard not to laugh ) anyway, I took a few more steps away and she ran up to me to the same side she was on before and held my hand but kepted staming her feet and sticking out her lips the whole time, OOOOOh its going to be fun when she is two/three. The worse part is that when she is 2.5yrs she is ment to be a flower girl at my sisters wedding if this is what she is like a 17mth God help me when she is 2 I hope she will behave on the day..

Hi everyone, I hope that you are all well.

I have a bit of a boohoo, as of yesterday Cody is no longer a boobie boy, he had his last feed last night and it really hit me today. I'm happy that I made it to 17mths, but a bit sad as he no longer needs me. He is the longest that I've b/fed so that is a really big plus for me, hopefully the next one will be just as easy to go this long or longer. We're still looking for a house, I've got photos of Wyatt's cake but I can't download them just yet as they are on the camera's card and it chooses when to work and when not to and right now it's not, bloody thing. It turned out quite well.

hugs xoxo

Where to start?
    First of all - I have no idea what happened to all my email notifications since last Wednesday, but I received none and decided to check in today to catch up...only to find 3 pages later and a new thread! Oh, well, I'll explain why it took me so long to check in later.
    Before I forget everything, PM's:
    Jess - fantastic about your DD getting know her aunt and soon, her father! She'll thank you for it
    Nic - You've probably heard it a thousand times, and as someone who has come to really integrate ABA into my diary, I can heartily recommend joining your local group. You'll find women who have had rough starts, women who have had no issues, and women who are trained counsellors who can help you with your feelings and, hopefully, with your feeding issues. Even if you only go a couple of times and keep in contact with one person, that support will prove invaluable to you. Booby Club isn't just for people who are great at breastfeeding (funny, cos there are people who think that ABA groups are only for people with problems! It's just for everyone). And then there's always us. You can PM us, too - you can PM me at any time if you want a private word. Please feel free to offload your mind here with us, that's what we're for How long before you're driving a Territory??
    Tali - thanks for your post in the other thread - it was really sweet and effective! Selby is a beautiful place to live. Most of it is on tank water and they are slowly being hooked up to sewerage. The only thing with living there is public transport isn't so crash hot, though it's improving all the time. A truly beautiful and still affordable spot. I hear you on your reasons for wanting to buy - especially with pets! In Selby you get location and enough space from neighbours. Close to Belgrave, and the train line gets you into town easily, as well as Ringwood and Box Hill shopping centres. To get to the beach you just hop onto Belgrave-Hallam Rd and head due south through Narre Warren, and take your pick from Port Philip, Westernport Bay or the backbeaches on the Peninsula. Or, for a slightly longer drive, the Island. To get to the airport, there's a regular airport bus, or else catch the Belgrave train to Southern Cross station for a bus (all on the one ticket).
    Mel - I suppose you get the 'Monash is OPEN on Cup Day?' every year, too! Glad Chelsea's dancing went really well!
    Bath - great work on those av's!
    Ali - I hear you on wearing maternity bras for two years running...at least they're making some nice ones now
    The later it gets, the more my memory is fading from the last thread!
    Ok, so, we went camping on the weekend in MIL's campervan, with our brigade friends. We left on Friday and I packed my school books, among other things. We went to Sheepyard Flat, just out of Merrijig and IT RAINED for two whole days! Oscar had a ball and on the Sunday decided that being wet and cold was overrated...after his second nap of that day he chose to stay out of puddles and out from under the drips from the tarps. I actually thought he'd do it all weekend long, and was surprised that he decided for himself! There was no point keeping him out of it, so we just took shoes (gumboots) off, left his nappy on, put on his UV top and pants and stuck him in his puddle suit. Every night he shared a bath with one of the other boys in our big tub, with my aromatherapy bath oil blend. It was a great weekend and despite the weather, we stuck it out till this morning - yesterday was a nice day and today was even better. At least we got home dry! The Howqua was the fullest I have ever seen it - it was a raging torrent on Sunday, it was great to see. Oscar also did very well for sleep - getting to bed easily and early after a full day's play, no issues with DLS (good idea to go camping every time we click over from DLS, mental note to self!)
    SO, we left at about 10.30 and headed home. Coco got carsick twice. I had packed the van so that I could sit at the back with Oscar and so that I could minimise my own tendency for car sickness to be able to read my books, so lucky Odin and I held off the throwing up - an Odin size chuck would have been the end of me. And of my last minute cramming for my exam...
    ...which was also today, at 2.30pm. DP had been using the car clock to estimate whether he should drive me straight into Caulfield or if we had time to go home for me to swap cars. In Kallista, Oscar started to throw up (winding road), and DP asked if I wanted to pull over. I said that if we did, he'd have to drive me in. He said that we were ok for time and he'd rather not keep Oscar in the car for any longer anyway, so we pushed on home. When we got home and I had gone to the loo, DP looked at me and pointed to the clock asking "Is it really 1.45?"...ummm, yes! My time management is pretty crappy, so I assumed that he was making the time estimates for me pretty well...not realising that he wasn't looking at the same time that I had been (I'd been in the back monitoring time on my mobile). So, I jumped into the car and raced off (well, actually, I made good time for someone driving at the speed limit!). I got there just as they had opened the doors to the exam room, but all the way I had been employing some anti-anxiety techniques, so I was fine. But I stank of campfire and unwashed human body!
    I'm washed now, and tired. The boys have been in bed for hours and I'm catching up on emails, laundry folding and BB.
    Now I can relax - get back into proper housework, get onto painting something for my niece's first birthday, work on my itinerary, reply to emails in my inbox, package up my Tupperware orders, tidy my study in preparation for next year, schedule in a horse ride...etc etc etc...
    Rory - yay on the mat leave! Sleep is good...they say you can't bank it, but I insist you can, even if it's only the memory of sleep! DP called me a 'cat' at about this stage of my first pregnancy - sleep all day, sleep all night! Enjoy
    Goodnight, and hopefully I get the email notifications this time!!
    Oh, and THANKYOU so much everyone for all your kind words - they really did come to the rescue when I was having a major low in the last weeks
    ETA: Amanda - missed your post! I know I'm going to find it very difficult when Oscar weans himself too If you get a chance, hop onto the forum here for infant-led BFing, or the ABA forum and there is a section there to discuss your feelings, or else there's always us. Think of what you gave and what he got, and what you are losing may not seem so bad? Am I stretching it? Thinking of you
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; November 6th, 2007 at 11:01 PM.

Well I have had one of the worst nights ever...but I will let everyone know later when I get home from getting the kids.

maya- Its really good to hear you sounding happy again, sounded like you had a good time camping rain and all we cant wait to go camping down in Vic but it will be different when it gets cold as we have never camped in the cold. Thanks for the details about selby I know the way to the beaches from there as we grew up going to Inverloch every summer and thats the way mum and dad always went, and as they now live there I guess if we move up that way I will get to know it very well. Didnt know about the airport bus will have to let DH know.

Jess- I hope nothing went wrong with the meeting with shazz thinking of you:hugs:

No, I actually went out to her place last night and the car broke down...11.00pm ....no cars in sight....10 km from where we had to be.
    We PUSHED the car about 13 km (well it seemed that far!) and it was only when we decided to wait until light, a car finally stopped. We spent 1hr trying to get the car to start...nothing worked , so they towed us to Shazz's parents place. I swallowed my pride and went in and spoke to L***. I told him how I felt and he told me that he was extremely sorry for what happened. Unfortunately, he had been drinking a little and couldn't drive or tow us back home. There is more but I am way too tired!

Rory - we ocassionally get sleep issues with Marley, where she wont go to sleep but she is happy to play in her cot with her beloved Teddy! I just leave her until she really starts to crack it, but thankfully she is a very good sleeper. Hope you got your nap time yesterday.

Tali - none of my phantom bets did any good yesterday (apart from a second place) so I am glad I didn't actually have real money on them lol!!! Kai sounds like a very determined little girl, much like Marley. Marley can throw a tantrum like I have never seen. Chelsea was such a good toddler, very placid and no real troubles until she turned 3 and then she started to talk back and get a bit rude. I was pregnant during this time so I think alot of it came from her confusion about that. Now she is the one trying to make Marley calm down and its so funny to watch. I am sure we are in for fun times ahead but I bet she'll be a perfect angel for your sisters wedding. BTW, got my Better Homes and Gardens mag and have my craft projects picked out. Lots of good cooking ideas too. Boy am I going to be busy!

Amanda - you should be extremely proud of yourself that you have given Cody a wonderful start, 17 mths is brilliant. Can't wait to see the cake pics and I hope you find a house soon.

Maya - people often wonder why the uni would be open on Cup Day. We had a great day, phones were so quiet and I got lots of work done. Even left early! Sounds like you all had a ball camping (apart from the car sick Coco!!!) and Oscar was a very good boy. I hope the exam went well, now you can finally start doing some of the stuff on your list, including catching up with me for a cuppa!!! So great to hear you back and your usual upbeat self again. We did miss you.

Jess - you guys have such rotten luck with cars! You did well pushing for so long.

Julie - thanks for the PM about your camera. You've given me some good ideas and I have been looking at the website.

Another gorgeous day in Melb today. We went for a walk to the supermarket this morning and while we were in there, the music was playing and people were walking past the pram with big smiles on their faces, I looked down and Marley was sitting up, bopping up and down to the music and clapping her hands - she looked hilarious!! She just loves music. Got all my washing done and Chelsea helped me make some more biscuits (hope these last longer than the last batch LOL!) and we are going to make pizza dough for dinner a little later.

Hi to everyone else and hope you are all having a great day.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast