Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #47

Hi girls - quick hello from me.

Guess what - I just realised today is our 13th wedding anniversary LOL!! Off to go and make DH feel guilty for forgetting (cue: evil chuckle!!)

PML Rory!!! Happy 13th wedding anniversay. Wonder if DH was waiting to see if you remembered?

You'll have to have a double celebration tomorrow.

Rory - happy wedding anniversary!

Ali - gorgeous pickies of Liam - such a sweety

Maya - eeewwww to the poo stories! at least they are outside

Mel - good luck with the cake - sounds tricky but ive seen your previous ones so i know you will make it great. Wow at Chelsea being 5 - what a little lady - how is the hair progressing, i bet if you didn't know you wouldn't be able to tell she'd done a bit of hairdressing herself. Is it going to be hot your way tomorrow the? i thinks its supposed to be 30 here tomorrow but then ramps up to 39 and 40 for Tues and Weds - phew! We are the opposite photowise - we get great ones of Will but very few of oscar, although saying that we've had a few nice ones this week.

we had a lovely day today. We went down to Mandurah for the first time and although it was busy it seemed really nice. We went to this miniture village and had fab chocky cake for morning tea. On the way back from Mandurah we called in to lots of different beaches for a sticky beak and they were all gorgeous. We found a great one by accident yesterday on Warnbro sound, so iddyllic and only a handful of people over a 10ishKm beach! i was mad i hadn't brought my swimming stuff but the kids had a ball in their t-shirts.

we had a little blip tonight when oscar ran off from james when he got him out of the bath before he'd been dried at all and as soon as his wet feet hit the tiles after the rug he fell flat on his face and put his tooth through his lip - ouch! Another big blood episode! I put some frozen peas in a ziplock bag and held it on there for a while and it seemed to do the trick bleeding and swelling wise and put him to bed with some panadol - he is such a plonkeeboy!

Hope you all have a nice day tomorrow, i think we've off to ikea which will probably be hell but we desperately need some storage for the office as we're using it as our junk room and theres no where to put anything!

Julie x

ouch Julie- poor oscar. I put my tooth thrue my lip when i was 5yr old. actually my brother did it to me which gave my 5 big fat stictches in my lip!
    I love your ticker pic and bubs name beany hehe! I'm thinking a pink bregade for both you and Jaspen atm are u going to find out??

Rory- happy wedding annaversary lol!

dont you just love it when kids make you giggle even when they are not around! Nixon is forever hiding things, he posts his blocks, pegs whatever into all srts of crevases etc, we've worked out most of his hiding spots but still manages to find new ones!
    DH & i had a cackle when he was in bed last night and i noticed his wooden (custom made) garage/ work shop he got from Nanny & poppy had some farm animals in it! He must have thought they needed a tune up as they were sitting on the hoist LOL

i hope all the Melbournites stay cool somehow today its going to be a doozy..... i remindes me of 2 NYE ago when it was like 48 degrees and never cooled down. we were pregnant, i had NYE party at my place and the house was like an oven even at 4am in he morning it was 30something degrees.
    i hope it cools down tonight for you all.
    no plans for us tonight unless something comes up within the next few hours.

I remember that night Nic. Gee it all goes fast doesn't it!
    My Aunt broke her nose on Saturday night, she was walking up the back alleyway when she tripped on some rubbish that was there and fell flat on her face and knee, she has a black nose and a black knee, we are convincing her to go to the doctors today to get it checked out but she is refusing to go .My aunts are taking the older kids to the NYE celebrations in Euroa tonight, they are all congregating under the town clock and there is a town celebration. Myself, we are taking the three younger kids to the river and watching the fireworks come off John Foord Bridge, it's supposed to be a fantastic night and the night carnival is in town so we might walk through there as well.
    Well, I had better get these kids dressed as we have to head around to mum's place to help DH fix his car( not much we can do, but he wants us to go around!)
    I forgot to add, we came home yesterday, to find my beautiful bunny rabbit Smokey had died of heat stroke. Stupid me had him in the shade for the past three weeks,but decided to put him down on the ground so he could have some grass, and forgot to put him back up on the entertainment area.I feel so stupid.
    See you next year ladies....

The countdown will soon begin! Hope everyone is having a good New Years Eve. I'm about to do some final cleaning jobs (have been productive this morning, washing curtains etc) then we are off into the city (Melb central) for a few hours to stay cool. DH had to pop into the office for a few hours too today... we'll all come home on the train (hopefully an aircon one) at about 4pm. If it's too hot we'll go out again.

Anyhow better hop to it. Ali and Rory I'm hoping to work on your avvy updates soon... haven't forgotten you!

Ali Liam is oh so cute.

Julie poor Oscar, I hope it heals quickly. Was it Oscar that put his tooth through his lip a while back.

Well we're going over to a friends house later on today, once DH has got home from work. I'll actually get to have a few NY's drinks this year as DH isn't going to drink, so that he can drive home. It's also DH 40th birthday on Saturday and we're having a party here for him, so I've got to make a cake for him and I have no idea what I'm going to be making.

We went for a swim on Saturday, it was wonderful, I haven't been swimming in ages so everyone had a wonderful time, especially the boys.

hugs xoxo

Oh Jess Same thing happend to my guinea pig years ago - I know how you feel

Julie what is it with your boys and their teeth

Bath - looking forward to the avvy

DH has almost finished tiling the downstairs bathroom - it looks ace - and over the past few days I have done big cleaning jobs like the upstairs shower, sorting Flynn's toys and so on. We are off to mates in Hurstbridge this arvo and then to Point Cook to our mates who have a pool for the evening - mmmm, water...!

Happy new years girls! I know I haven't been posting much - I have been a bit busy and distracted (!!) but I really love being part of our little group and look forward to spending another year with you all. Big hugs and kisses

Julie - poor Oscar! Hope his fat lip has gone down today. Hopefully he won't be doing anymore running on the tiles with wet feet. We have tiles too so I know what you mean. Chelsea's hair do is not bad. In this hot weather, I can't really put it up as its still uneven at the sides. I am getting used to it though. Its so hot outside, going to be a very hot and sweaty night. My cousins live in Mandurah, I have heard its very pretty. Well done on the beach find, those found accidentally are usually the best. You'll have to go back next time with your swimmers! Love Ikea, hope you find what you need.

Nic - I thought you were going to say you found them in the bed! I love how their little minds work. Have fun whatever you decide to do.

Jess - sorry to hear abour your bunny. Sounds like you will be having a fun night, I'm sure the kids will love the fireworks.

Bath - you might be staying at Melb Central for a while! Its going to stay hot all night. Keep cool.

Amanda - enjoy having a few drinks tonight. I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job of DH's bday cake.

Rory - what a perfect night to have, by the pool! I feel the same about this wonderful group, very well said.

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone. I hope you all have fun tonight, whatever you are doing.

I've made my fruit salad. Did the 70's thing of hollowing out a watermelon. I've put it in the freezer so should keep the fruit nice and cold. I went out this morning to buy my supplies for tonight and it was so hot and that was at 10am. Just ducked out then and its disgusting! I think I might have to skip the makeup tonight, it will probably just slide off LOL!!!

You ladies are all wonderful and I am really glad that I am a part of such a caring group of women. I hope 2008 brings you lots of love, laughter and more babies!

Just Popping in to wish everyone a very Happy new year. I hope 2008 brings us lots more adventures to share. Thanks for another year of wonderful support!

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Hope you all had a lovely night. We just sat on the front veranda (looking the other way to the bent pole!!) and had a bottle of bubbles, well DH had most of it but i had a taste.

Wishing all my lovely Junie friends a great 2008 and looking forward to another year of chatting and sharing with my lovely online friends

Julie x

Happy New Year to all my junies!
    Another year has come and gone and our babies are another year older.
    Here's a toast to a new year and to mighty fine friends!

Girls, have a wonderful New Years Day!
    Just to reiterate what everyone has said, I have felt privileged to have been a part of this group for another year It's an environment where we nurture and respect and we can more than just live with a difference of opinion, we welcome it!

ditto! You guys have bee such a bit part of m life for the last 2yrs!
    Happy New Year to everyone.

we end up going to dh work (works at Mascot near airport)to watch the 9pm fireworks. His office has a balcony around the perimiter and off the boardroom was looking directly at the city! so we turned the telly on, opened the blinds and Nixon got to run around the boradroom nd balcony while we had a drink!
    next Nye we might invite a few ppl and make more of a thing about it. was great to hae no crowds easy access to toilet and a fantastic view!
    We left not long after it, got home got Nix to bed, fed tyron and then i fell asleep lol!
    i had a few wines followed by this lucious slushy pina colada which tipped me over the edge! Dh woke me for the count down and i think i fell back to sleep within a min of the fireworks on tv.
    anyway it was still a nice night.

We went over to Corowa to watch the fireworks on the bridge.. We got there at 9pm walked around the Christmas Carnival for a while ( saw the prices...don't know how they can charge $4 for a battered Sav!!!!!) then sat down on the grass about 3 metres from the river with the other 500 odd people to await the fireworks. We had music continously, bands and piped music, then the countdown began.. Midnight the fireworks lit up the sky and for 12 minutes everyone was oohing and aaahhhhing! It was a great night, and the fire that erupted after the fireworks finished was a great end to the night.
    The only thing that ruined it a bit was the fact that the "teens/20's " crowd were drinking quite a bit and there was no police presence to keep it in check. Apparently there were a couple of brawls but thank god they kept it out of the main area.
    The fire was a result of the fireworks but the fireys were on the scene anyway and it took them a couple of minutes to run across the 116 year old bridge.

Sounds like everyone had a fun night. And what a hot one in Melb, it was still 28 at 6am.

Well I had a rather big night! ****tail party was fantastic and I had way too much to drink, something I haven't done in many, many years. I am a very happy drunk and thankfully don't suffer hangovers. But I don't do well with no sleep. Got to bed at about 6.30am and was up at 8.30am! Not good. Chelsea had such a fun night, she didn't go to bed until 1am, she was dancing with some of the other kids and just didn't want to go to bed. Finally she decided it was time and just crashed even though the music was a bit loud. We danced, jumped on the trampoline (not such a good idea after drinking a few!!!), chatted, laughed. I had a ball. DH thankfully finished work on time and made it by 11pm. Very, very tired today though. Marley was excellent for MIL, slept through fireworks a few doors down and barking dogs.

Made the most delicious ****tail last night that you all have to try - passionfruit sorbet (store bought and you can use really any flavour) and sparkling white wine. Whizz it up in a blender with some ice and it tasted just like Passiona! Far to easy to drink on a hot night.

I am looking forward to a nice, long sleep tonight.

Hope everyone enjoyed the first day of 2008!

Ali: Just finished your avvy update and checked out your piccys of little Liam... I just love the one of you gazing into his face what looks like moments after his birth Such a universal experience that I remember sharing with my newborns... captured beautifully.... you look so blissed out. Ok... back to the drawing board... Rory's next!

ETA: Oh what a night Mel! Gotta do us a ****tail demo! sounds delish!

ETA: Rory, your avvy has been completed and sent off to AstroLady as well! Anyone else need an update before I work on mine? Julie: Do you want a preggy belly soon?
    Last edited by Bathsheba; January 1st, 2008 at 10:47 PM.

Ooooh!!! can't wait for the avvy Bath Hmmm - preggy belly might need to wait til August this year

Our NYE was nice - we visited friends in Hurstbridge for dinner then drove to our mates in Point Cook for a midnight swim and a bit of "Sing Star" - finally a computer game that I am good at LOL!!

We drove home about 1.30am and Flynnie moaned from 2-4am. I tried sleeping with him downstairs from 3-4am but he started talking to me and making "woof" sounds (??) But all was not lost - we all slept in and DH let me sleep from 3pm to 5.30 on new years day which was lovely.

Anyone have any NY's resolutions? I normally don't do them but the new year conveniently coincides with my 6 week mark post-partum so I am using it as an opportunity to get fit. I now weigh 92.2kg - the same I was when full term with Flynn!! Given my mum was 136kg at five foot two and it took her gastric banding surgery to lose weight (she is currently 90kg - WTG Mum!) I think I am being reasonable when I feel now is the time to get down to business with regards to fitness!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast