Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #47

Supposed to hit 39 here today so another hot one and not an end in sight anytime soon.Enjoy your cooler weather ladies!

I miss the hot weather - am I the only one??
    NYD was a HUGE improvement on NYE (I posted in Boo Hoo Room) and I spent the best part of the day with my parents (yes! a good day with my parents!) at their house, either by or in their pool, or resting on the deck, in the hammock in the shade. The pool is unheated, so only really ever comes into its own on days over 35 degrees, otherwise you jump in, splash for a minute or two and get out, repeating every half hour or so, depending on how hot it is. The last few days we've been able to jump in and stay in for an hour - pretty much what you get out of a 'normal' pool. So, that was my day. Oscar is finally 'getting' cold water and actually had fun by the end of it, practicing his water skills because he was relaxed enough. He was so funny, sitting on the edge of the pool, next to my dad, feet in water, sharing lunch and pointing to my dad's nipples hopefully!
    I'm savouring these times because not only will there be no parents' pool next summer or ever again, or house on side of the hill that remains relatively cool even in 40 degrees, but I won't be able to just visit them with Oscar at a whim after this year - it will be a decision that involves a 3 hour drive.
    So, now that we are getting along (despite my dad coming off meds...eek!), it would just be the way that soon they will be far away. Some would say that maybe that's why we are getting along, but I don't think so - I think we're just starting to fall into a rhythm of 'parents and daughter who is now a mother', and we are relating in a changed way. My mum now regularly comments that she admires and respects me for my 'patience with Oscar' and that Oscar is lucky to have me as a mum, because I deal well with his personality. That may seem a strange thing to say to most people, and many people say kids choose their parents - my mum didn't deal well with me at all and says now that I wasn't 'bad' I was just active like Oscar is, and she wishes she knew that then. So, I dont' think it's the move that had improved the relationship, it's Oscar becoming a little boy who is free to be active and is gently dealt with when he gets a bit too carried away with himself. I'm just musing now.

i too dont usually make new years resolutions but im hitting the weight loss band wagon also.
    i started WW yesterday, i did it 2yrs ago so have all the points guides books recipes etc but will start to go to meetings and weigh ins this week. I want to loose 10kg and there was no time like the present to start!
    last yr in our april buddies we had a bunch off us wanting to loose weight so did a biggest looser club we would email out weight loss each week and just encourage each other on! it was great until i had to stop when i fell pg again.

hope you guys can find a way to stay cool today Jess.
    Mel OMG you machine!! i dunno how i would have pulled up with 2hrs sleep lol!

Good morning Girls, still no time for significant personals but I just had to say OMG Rory! TTC in August! Did I read right? No one has picked up on it... but how exciting!!! You're so fortunate that your body does pregnancy and birth "well". I could handle more children but my poor old bod just wouldn't be up to it especially with my Hyperthyroidism. Speaking of which I would love to love the heat... but it's making me quite ill unfortunately Yesterday morning, after very little sleep, I basically couldn't shift myself off the bed... shortness of breath, feeling like I was over heating, taking my temp every half hour but it didn't get over 37.3 weird... felt like I was in a fever. But as soon as the cool change hit at about 3pm I was right! Got up, went outside, breathed deeply and logged onto BB! Hehe. Your pool time sounded lovely Maya... especially the COOL water aspect of it! How funny pointing at your dad's nipples (we call male nipples "Willisons" <-- a word from DH's childhood) Niall points at my boobies hopefully and I point at his Willisons hopefully LOL bit of a game we have. He just doesn't seem to associate his with "da" (drink). Kids want sustenance... better go...

Jess 39 degrees sucks!! And yes Maya you are the only freak who likes hot weather I object to sweating LOL!

Nickers I am doing WW too - but I bought the books on Ebay and a mate is a Leader. The BF program rocks - I get 31 points a day!

Bath - yes you did read right Oliver will be 9 months old in late August so if we are going to have another 18 month gap that is our TTC time. I am very lucky indeed to be a good breeder - I have many GFs who have suffered long term or permanent probs due to pg

Better go - little boy is grunting......

I cant wait to see the Avvy Bath- Thanks so much for doing it for me.

We had a very quiet NYE, I didnt quite have the energy to go anywhere so just went to bed.

Things here are very peaceful and relaxed with Liam settling into life in the Smith household really well, and Tori taking it all in her stride like the little trooper she is- I am so proud of how well she has adjusted to having Liam at home, and how besotted with him she seems to be. I have also been so lucky so far with Liam sleeping REALLY well for such a newborn, I am only having to get up to him once in the night and then again between 5-6 in the morning.

I have decided that shoulder slings are a really great invention, Liam settles really well in it and it allows me to do things, because I hav quickly discovered that life with 2 is much different than life with one and there is just not as much time to sit on the couch and cuddle.

I am also jumping on the weight loss band wagon, I am really pleased because I already weight less than I do when I got pg with Liam, so I am hoping to use that to keep me inspired to keep going. Once I have had my 6 week check up I am going to join the gym and start to see my dietician again, my aim is to have lost at least 20kgs by Christmas next year.

Anyway I had better go and be productive while Liam is asleep and Tori is busy with her afternoon snack.

wow Ali Liam is only 2 weeks old and you already lost all the weight! thats a great inspiration to keep on going.
    Rory wow 39points! geez maybe i am straving myself lol! I pln to go to a meeting on thursday and find out how many points i should be able to have but the last 2 days i just went off the normal weight range which gives me 20points. I am only express feeding twice a day now so do you know if points differ depending on how much you bf?
    and u did sneak that one in i didnt pick up on the pg in August thing either!

I realised it rory but wasn't saying anything!
    Well, its down to 31 deg now and I'm really starting to hate being hot! We ended up spending a lot of time inside today although we did venture out a couple of times to mums and over to Corowa. Pat is still chewing on my boobies although I'm trying to wean him off...any tips guys?????

Jack is off to Yarrawonga tomorrow with the church, its the Altar Servers Picnic, he'll love it hopefully, but apparently they are going swimming and he hates getting wet.

My little baby rabbit is doing well, Dad made some sawdust so she has a beautiful bed of soft sawdust that she loves, she isn't as friendly as my other baby was, but I'm working on it. I'm bringing her out so she gets comfortable in my arms and also introducing her a lot to Bangers who she adores...I think it's because he looks like her mum.

I'm up loading some new pics in my gallery soon so if you want to check them out feel free.

Ali glad all is well with you

Nickers they say you can stay on the BF amount of points till you start solids at 6 months, so I guess expressing twice a day would be like feeding a 5 month old? There is a thread on BF and WW which I started and Jodie has the WW quiz which works out your points which she offered to PM me - maybe you could PM her for it? I googled it a while ago.

Jess - I like the dog and belly pic LOL!

Just added a family pic to my gallery - Ollie is 1 day old in it - gotta upload some newer ones soon!

Rory - lovely pickie of the four of you and yay on ttc in August - the 18 months gap is great i think - we tried for that again this time but it wasn't to be, this one will be 26 months.

Mel - you party animal you - way to go! I am very envious, i wold love a ****tail party - though might have to wait a while now! Hope you've caught up on your sleep.

Maya - sorry to hear you NYE was abit of a disaster - what a rude woman!

good look with ww to Ali, Rory and nic!

was 37 here yesterday and due to be 40 today and of course one the Synergies gas generators has had a fire so they dont think they are going to cope with demand today and are asking everyone not to use their aircon. well im sorry but im using mine and i think they should be realistic and focus on other things more and suggest people dont use their washers/ dryers / other high energy consuming things today because im pretty sure no one that has aircon is not going to use it today... unless youve got a pool to lie in instead! (which we haven't - only a giant sandpit that wil one day become a garden!)

have a nice, cooler day ladies

Julie x

Hi girls, have finally caught up on sleep and back in the land of the living!

Rory - Sing Star is the best! Its such good fun and something everyone can join in. Maybe we should organise a Junies Sing Star comp? WTG DH for letting you have a snooze on NYD, my DH was the greedy one that got to have a 4+hour sleep!! Love the family photo, although it was a bit hard to get a good look at Oliver.

Bath - I was thinking of you in the heat, you poor love! Glad to hear you are feeling better with the cooler weather. Not looking good the next few days, more hot ones to come.

Maya - I don't mind the hot weather if I can get cool. MIL pool is not heated either but on those stinking hot days its awesome to just jump in and let the water take your breath away, love that feeling. Its so nice to hear that you and your parents are getting along well and it doesn't really matter why its happening, just go with it. I read your boo hoo post, what a witch! You should have been very proud of yourself for how you handled it, dignified as always - well done.

Jess - great pics, you've got heaps on there. Glad the rabbit is settling in well. Hope its not too hot for you guys today. Nice in Melb today, warm but not too hot. 30 I think they said.

Julie - I totally agree, you should be allowed to run your air con, esp being pregnant and having small children. I would turn off other things before the air con. I like a cool house!

Ali - thats so great that Liam is being a dream baby for you. Tori sounds like she is handling everything very well. I think being younger, they don't get so put out by the changes in the house.

Ali, Nic and Rory - good luck on the WW journey. You can all be inspiration for each other.

Going to tackle Chelsea's bday cake either tonight or tomorrow morning. We visited the playcentre yesterday to confirm arrangements and all is set. After having her parties at home every year, its so much easier (and cheaper) doing it somewhere else! She is very excited.

Better go finish the last of my washing. Beautiful day outside, not too hot but getter hotter the next 2 days.

sitting on 31 at the moment Mel.

Ladies there are some quick pics taken at Maccas on Saturday of Tali and her beautiful family...she is heading back on the 17th so I'm meeting up with her again, will take some better photos then.

thats a great family pic rory. I didnt get all 4 of us in a pic until tyron was a few weeks old i got a real nice one of the 3 boys in hosp but each time we attempted all of us Nixon wasnt co-operating!
    we got a nice xmas one too hough so happy bout that.

Jess- thanks for the pics of Tali & her family look great!

Julie- i heard that about air con and thought what a load of bollox. as if u wouldnt use your air con on such a hot day, esp with a family and being pregnant. Your right there are a heap of other things you could turn off and not use b4 the aircon.

im going to the WW meeting tonight so will find out about my points then, but think if ive done 3 days straight on 20points i should be able to stick to it throughout

pmsl Nic - i thought id be the only person round here to say bollox - only ever heard ex poms say it not Aussies! but you're definately right - what a load of!

Julie x

LOL Julie, we're Anglophiles in this house... DD goes around the house saying "sod off" too.... I haven't decided whether to crack down on that yet.... it's a bit rude. DH has read the whole Secret Seven Series to her so she knows all these old fashioned British phrases and uses them too. Even my 4yo says "Oh bother!" when something goes wrong... he also says "I'm going to bovver those birds mum!" hehe

funny funny bath! would really laugh at a 4 year ol dsaying oh bother!

Julie x

what happened?? we got kicked off the first page! Thats probably never happened before!

Nixon is unsettled tonight, the hot weather i think is playing a role. we only have aircon in the liungeroom and the rest of the house is still pretty hot.
    don't really have a whole heap more to say really just dropping in to catch up but there is nothing to catch up on!

Hope everyone is well

Well I think this must be the longest any of us haven't posted, nearly 3 days. Well DH's birthday yesterday went well had friends over for drinks and a bbq and the kids were having a wonderful time, it was really a nice day. The pic of the cake is in my gallery if you want a look, I think it turned out well. The rain stopped for the party as well, was quite warm most of the day to and then today it was stinking hot and then around 1:30pm it started to pour, I think we've had rain for about 14 days, our dams have been filling which is great news too.

Well my name change came through this morning, so now I feel better now as amanda3 isn't really who I am anymore. Well I better chuff off, I've been really tired for the last few days, naughty me going to bed late so willtry and get to bed early tonight.

I hope everyone is well and all those new bubbas are going nice and strong and that all our Junie bubbas are as well.

Bath you are in my thoughts and prayers as well.

hugs xoxo

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast