Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born in June 2006 #5

try wrapping him in your pj top or a similar piece of clothing or a blanket, after you've slept with it. It will have your smell all over it them, when dh is feeding, lucas will still smell you...

we have the prob that bub wont take ebm thru a bottle, only formula. I think she associates ebm with mummy and boobies. so i only let dh feed her formula, that way if i need to go out, he'll be able to give her a bottle. She wont take ebm from either of u thru a bottle...so frustrating... hope your luck chaanges soon!!

#karen# Guest

Hi Simone, just missed your post. Sorry your family hasn't been well hope you all pick up quickly. Also did you put your details in an earlier thread? Wasnt sure if it was you or Lisa. You may have to email a mod directly to get your details at the beginning of the June babies thread

it was me, ill get around to it one day, prolly when im not feeding and typing one handed...

simone good idea about wrapping them in your shirt, hadn't thought of that one!

Nixon had a good sleep but been very cranky since his last feed. the last 2 mornings he went 5hrs after 1st feed, today only made it to 3hrs.
    but in the process of trying to settle him i spilt half a bottle of ebm in his room all over the carpet... done a quick clean but need to do it properly so it doesn't stink... grrr so frustrated! Ive also dropped ebm in the sink once before. its like loosing a pot of gold!

Simone - thanks for the info. Sounds like a perfect product for a paranoid mum like me! ( omg, it still sounds weird, im a MUM ) lol Hows your little fighter going??

Tanya - good on you for taking time out. Like everyone else says , we all love our kids but being with anyone 24 hours a day is too much. I find that everytime DH and I leave Aneta with my parents , I come back wanting to spend MORE time with her... I miss her when im gone , but I still need that time.

Speaking of which, we went shopping yesterday and there was this guy with a newborn ( it was tiny! )... the poor little thing was crying sooo much it was all scrunched up into a little ball.. and I nearly cried with it. Dont know what came over me, usually i wouldnt think much of it. But now I looked at it and I wanted to go hit the guy in the head and scream Pick the baby up idiot!!!! .... but he was too busy sipping his coffee grrrr.
    If DH wasnt with me , Im not sure if I wouldnt have gone up to that guy and asked him if I could hold the baby for him because obviously it needed to be held.

Typing one handed at the moment. But the culprit isnt Aneta. Im eating the richest chocolate / caramel cake... mmmm... I put it in the microwave and it all melted .. calories have never tasted better!
    Ive purchased a membership to the local leisure centre , as of this afternoon im going swimming everyday... this needs to end :P ... This stomach needs to go!.. mmmmm cake

hey, thats ok bout the tshirt tip... i found that when i needed a night out, Xander wouldnt settle, so when he went to mums i used to sleep with a blanket or something the night before, and he's settle for mum without a prob... bliss.
    Well, i think somethings up with Anneliese, she hasnt stopped (tmi warning) farting all day, and it stinks to high heaven. SHe keeps wanting to feed (and i mean every 15-20 mins) but she spits it back up, along with (another tmi warning!) like a mucousy (SP?) substance. She wont settle, and my house is trashed as i cant put her down to do anything. She's currently wearing a singlet and nappy, and i have wrapped her wrm, as she's gone thru all her suitssince last night!! Just waiting for a load in the dryer... i just dont know whats wrong with her, she seems so out of it...

Simone: could she have gastro? Perhaps you could call the new Nurses hotline for some advice? I wouldn't let her go much longer if she still has those symptoms.

Nic: So true about EBM being liquid gold! I get sooo precious about it... it melts so quickly when I take the zip lock bags out of the freezer to add more ... I go as fast as I can so that none melts inside the bag. I worry about having a black-out and the whole lot being lost!

Sounds like I'm very lucky that Niall accepts EBM via a bottle from anyone who gives it to him. Even Verity has had a successful go apparently. I've been out a fair bit since Niall was born... I learnt many years ago that it's absolutely necessary to get out by myself at least once a weekend to avoid feeling isolated and depressed during the week.

Today I went up to Greensborough and visited Savers (an op shop the size of a department store with checkouts and EFTPOS). I spent $50 and this is what i got: 2 women's shirts (one a gorgeous pale pink linen Pringle - ie excellent Scottish brand worn by royalty apparently!), a cotton pullover, a seemingly unworn pair of tan Colorado jeans (tried them on, fit me perfectly), a lamp base, 6 pale pink candles, a hatbox style suitcase for my needlework supplies, 3 pieces of children's silverware (spoons and a fork) and a large box of white chalk (for the kids to use in summer - drawing on the concrete; hours of cheap fun!)... yes, all that for $50 and the clothing were good as new... I'm so thrilled!

Also when I went to Coles I bought a bag of yummo banana chips to snack on because I've been missing bananas and refuse to pay ridiculous prices for fresh ones... this large bag cost me $2.98... don't know if if was a mistake, seems very cheap to me.

Enigma: you crack me up with your cake eating LOL

Jess: Let us know if you ever found out who was on the other end of the 'phone. Hope things sort themselves out for you soon... some times it's darkest before the dawn darl... feel free to vent as much as you need to.

LOL Enigma your a crack up!!
    Simone- has Anneliese done any poo's recently? I say that because Nixon went 3 1/2 days without pooing and his farts became very smelly. He did 2 big poos and its now 2 1/2 days on without any more but his farts are rank.... its really starting to annoy me how much they smell! ppl are going to think its me when we go out!
    Ive tried giving him some cooled boiled water and today prune juice (spewed most of that up after his feed) but still no poo's, lots of farts and VERY Stinky. could Anneliese be going through a growth spurt?

Bath/Simone= are you planning to go to the next Melb dinner? I am hoping to go, ive said i would just waiting for DH to confirm if he needs to go to Sydney then or not. I wanted him to look after Nixon so i can have a night off! Like you said Bath it is necesarry to get out without bubs sometimes.

we didnt do much today, did the shopping all 3 of us and managed to get a bit more scrap booking done! no housework done though!

Quote Originally Posted by nickers
    Simone- has Anneliese done any poo's recently? I say that because Nixon went 3 1/2 days without pooing and his farts became very smelly. He did 2 big poos and its now 2 1/2 days on without any more but his farts are rank.... its really starting to annoy me how much they smell! ppl are going to think its me when we go out!
    Ive tried giving him some cooled boiled water and today prune juice (spewed most of that up after his feed) but still no poo's, lots of farts and VERY Stinky. could Anneliese be going through a growth spurt?

Patrick was the same before he went into hospital! After he had the antibiotics it cleared up though and he hasn't been like that since!Maybe it has something to do with being a prem?

biazzare isnt it, Nixon, Patrick, Anneliese were all early and smelly bums!
    But i did also ready that its quiet normal for bf bubs not to poo every day and even go up to 3 weeks, but if this is the case their farts will smell.
    I rekon they are going to start making me gag soon!

Good evening!

Its quite late but I've had to fight Matt for the 'puter today as he's been busy playing computer games - AGAIN!

Had a great time at the ball last night, got my dress finished by 6pm and we just got there in time for entree at 8pm! The best part though is that we won a digital camera and printer dock worth about $300!! So stoked!!! I must'a knew something when Matt wanted to buy me one for my birthday and I said "no need until mine breaks". So I was taking a couple of pics of Aleise today and will upload them once I get the software installed. Hope I can create a blog too - gee the 21st century lifestyle is creeping up on me!

fluffies: Yeah Aleise has been doing those espeically when I change her nappy and I reckon she waits until I remove the old one to do it so I get a whiff - gee our babies are being really considerate aren't they?

Aleise has been smiling more often now but when I grab the camera she stops its soooo frustrating!

I forgot to mention that last Wednesday I went to an exercise class for mums and bubs. Was okay but not challenging enough as I need to get a good work out. They then had the coffee thing afterwards (defeats the purpose of exercising) and I found most of them to be a bit snobby with top of the range prams and nappy bags etc. Anyway I used the excuse of not having a bottle handy for Aleise's next feed and left after 10 mins. Besides they all sat down at a large table and there was no spare seat for me - go figure! I'll have to find another mums and bubs meeting group but as for exercise its back to my old gym!!

Oh - Billy Joel is coming to Brisbane and tickets go on sale tomorrow at 9am. The B reserve are $124 (not cheap) but Matt and I figure its our present to ourselves for becoming parents. We're not likely to go on holidays for another year so we thought splurging on concert tickets ($230) would be a close 2nd. Hope I get tickets though 'cause I'm sure it will be one of those sold out in 30 minute jobs! :eek:

Oh Enigma: I hear you on the chocolate cake thingy - I made one and have been devouring like 4 slices a day, don't think Matt will get a chance to have much of it. I really should stop the junk food though as I still look 5 months pregnant!

Sorry no more personals - I only had time to do a quick skim of posts.. take care and catch up again soon.

Neeny xoxo

Well,seeing as I have 2 children awake and DH is asleep, I thought I had better pop on and let ppl know i am ok.
    She is still ringing which is ****ing me off majorly but what is annoying me the most is the fact she has no idea on what the time s when she rings!
    Apart from that my lovelies, I am doing OK. Just bear with me when I am around!!!

Hi Junies!!

Jess - good to hear DH is back , not good to hear that some female who is not you is calling him grrr.... hope it sorts itself out

Tanya - id love to meet up , can I bring the fitness ball ?? hehe
    We are seriously having issues with this. We went out yesterday and took the little devil. She went craaazy in the car.. we had to turn back.. and rush into the house and quickly sit on the ball - as soon as DH was on the ball and bouncing Aneta was an angel again.. grrr - this cant go on , we cant solve all of lifes problems with a fitness ball - DH and I are so desperate we are trying to work out how we will sneak the fitness ball on to the aeroplane.. because what happens if she starts crying on the Kuala Lumpur - Amsterdam leg of the journey? its a 12 hour flight !!!

Simone - hows your little girl today ?? I hope she's ok. Id go into the hospital just in case, better to be safe than sorry. Its so stressfull when they are this little , they cant tell us whats wrong - and theres a thousand things it could be - very helpful

Nickers - LoL about people thinking its you and not Nixon. .. He has such an innocent face he will get away with it

OMG the scariest thing happened last night ( no, it wasnt the cake finishing )
    I went to sleep - and suddenly I hear this weird cry from Aneta , and my mum saying " she's not breathing " [email protected]#$%&^ I jumped out of my bed so fast i nearly twisted my ankle...it was the scariest second of my life , she was sleeping and suddenly started choking... DH picked her up over his shoulder and she started crying - I was shaking so much , I have never ever been happier to hear that cry. Needless to say , I havent slept since then ( 8pm ). I realized this is just the beginning. When she's a bit older she'll go outside to play and ill stress when she doesnt come home on time , then she'll start going on dates and I'll want to interrogate every male who gets near her... *sigh*. is there some kind of GPS chip we can install on them?? hehe

oops! the daughter and the fitness ball need me
    Ciao for now!

[email protected] GPS chip!
    I have three daughters now and DH has always said that if any boy comes near his "little" ladies he'll be waiting with a SHOTGUN!
    On the Patrick front!Took him to the MCHN this morning and he has been put on the enhanced program which been he gets longer visits and they monitor him closer. He has put 40g on since Thursday, which is not much but they are happy with him.

I just wanted to say Hi, I am back have finally got my self and the computer organised. Will try and catch up on posts and sort myself out. Caitkyn has spent most days crying and not sleeping so I am trying to figure what is wrong,,,

AHHHHHHHHHH I JUST POSTED TWICE AND WAS LOGGED OUT WITHOUT REALISING AND LOST THEM BOTH!!!!!
    Ok, im over that now. Anneliese is better, just did a massive poo that went everywhere... so that where the smell was coming from.!!
    I had a novel of a post written out, im sory, i just cant do personals again... i went into SUCH DETAIL!!! grrr...

Hi Em! good to see you back, hopefully Caitlyn is ok not sick just testing your limits as they all seem to do to us!

Tanya- unfortunatley yes we all get like yo yo's with our emotions. Ive blamed dh lots of times on stupid things. i think because he is just there it's easy to put the blame onto. not nice thing to do but at the time i just do it without thinking.

Neeny- bummer you didnt enjoy mums and bubs. I havent really clicked with anyone yet but i am still enjoying going. your right the work out is not to intense. i have found most weeks when the class finishes they all seem to know each other and just start chatting then i feel a little silly by myself. i usually change Nixon's nappy then leave. lots of them start bf but they r older and dont take long, if i did that id be there for another hr so if he is due i try to get home to feed him. hope you can find another one.

I am starting to get addicted to my scarpbooking, went and got some more stuff for it thismorning! It is good though because it is "My time" and i feel like i have really accomplished something when i eventually finish a page.

I've just made a couple of slices for mothers group tomorrow. now the challenge is NOT to eat them before i get there!! i hope they don't think im trying to out do anyone cause other weeks ppl have just bought something but what i made was really quiet simple and prob cheaper then buying bisc/cakes.

Where is IK? haven't seen you around in a while.... who else, Dee, Jo,Kel oh where arrrrreeeee yooooouuuuuuu.........og hey remember Bev came back just before June, did we ever hear when she had bubs????

hehe Nickers u nerd ... what exactly r u putting in the scrapbook? i was thinking of doing one but all i have is photos .. hmmm

Emishka - welcome back! also welcome to the crying babies club

does any1 else have issues with cutting their babies fingernails ??? DH the manicurist cuts Anetas while i feed her because im too scared ill cyt her finger off... but no matter how well he does it , she still looks like shes been thru a war zone, her whole face is covered in scratches , mine too... any suggestions? we dont want to cover her hands anymore ... she hardly ever had them out until last week

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast