Thread: Babies Born June 2007 #6

Default Babies Born June 2007 #6

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in June 2007

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Sherie - sherie@bellybelly.com.au ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - lea13@bellybelly.com.au
    Astrolady - astrolady@bellybelly.com.au ~ Administrator
    Christy - christy7@bellybelly.com.au ~ Senior Moderator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found here

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

yay 1st poster

Jackson had an OK night after his jabs yesterday - and Charly I did the same thing made sure the appt was on a day when I knew my DH would be able to be there to hold DS and I could just give the booby afterwards

well we're off to spend some time today at the day care where Jackson will be going next week

have a great day
    Love Mel

Hello hello hello lovely ladies!!!

Wow... it's very exciting in here with the possibility of new little bundles in the air!!!

Okay, update on us.

Mastitis has cleared up, THANK GOD!!! I hope I never get that again. Thank you to all of you for your lovely well wishes.

DH and I spent the night on the floor for Caeleb's first night in his room. He spent his first night "alone" last night... which lasted till 12:30am, when Caeleb had a nappy malfunction and HAD to spend the night with us... LOL

I'm getting married!!! AGAIN!!! Actually, I'm already married. It's our 10th wedding anniversay this year. So, we're renewing our wedding vows, with (please pause for a cute awwww moment....) Caeleb as the best man! DH said that Caeleb is his best mate, so it's only natural that he'll be the best man. He'll be walking by then... how cute, standing up front next to his Dad in a little suit!!! I can wait!!! Just the three of us on a very special day!

Okay, must go... can't wait to see some flashing away in here!!!

Celsie. xoxox

Oh Celsie!! That sounds so amazingly adorable!!!! Our 10th is next year and we were thinking of doing the same thing with two precious flower girls!! Can't wait to see the pics!! And how precious of your DH to feel that way, what a super amazing spesh daddy he is!!

Am so happy for you that your mastitis cleared up too!! What a relief! And oh the nappy malfunctions!!! I went out today and bought toddler sized nappies as DD#2 seems to do her poo during her nap time before her 3pm feed.....then she rolls, tumbles, lifts her bot in the air, rolls then pulls her feet up to her mouth.........effectively a "human toothpaste tube" as she pushes the poo out every escape hatch............all through the cot................YUKKO!!!! We've had to spray and wipe the cot sides a couple of times and have had emergency baths saving a packet and a half of wipes!!!!

Was awake between 4 & 5am this morning contemplating what may or may not be........ nothing yet but was thinking that AF was really only a suburb away as I started to feel a bit crampy for a couple of minutes............well, still nothing...............haven't said anything to DH.......................

.............then bumped into a friend at the shops today and she was out and about with her 2, the youngest not yet 3 weeks old and I felt that old clucking chook arise from with in................

........oi-yoi-yoi!!!!

Lunch time, DD#1 will eat her sister if I don't hurry up!! BBL beautifuls!!!

Mwa!!

Hi ladies,

Ashlyn had her needles last thursday and she had a cry for the initial jab but then was fine, even having a chat to the ladies in the waiting room as i signed the medicare thingy lol

I noticed the sizes of some of your bubbas and i dont know if i need to be worried because when they weighed her at around 5months she weighed 6.5kg and then again at her 6 month she weighed 6.7kg so thats a grand total of 2oogm in a month, she is drinking 4 or 5 200ml bottles and has 3 small meals per day like she will have Farex banana custard for breakfast which is approx 2-3 tblspns then either a baby yoghurt or vegies for lunch same amount then vegies for dinner!! so she isnt undereating thats for sure lol maybe she will end up being one of those girls who eats and eats and never puts on weight...something she didnt get from her mum thats for sure lol.

Good luck to those who are TTC, no offence to any of you who are but i couldnt even imagine what id be like if i fell pg again!! I seriously think i would lose my mind..i swear my baby brain hasnt worn off from the pregnancy yet LOL.
    I have decided to stop at 2 i was lucky enough to have a beautiful boy and girl so im happy, the way i see it is i want to have the same amount of children as i do hands because that way i can always have hold of them, if i had 3 or 4 children there would always be one missing,i grw up being the second youngest of 6 so i have been turned off a big family LOL

And i can defiantely agree on being jealous of DH he can just go and do stuff go to the pub or club and not come home because im here looking after the kids, i am lucky to be able to do something without planning it for a week in advance.

I am getting married 18th July 2009 and i will have Rylan as a page boy and Ashlyn as flower girl so i can relate to how exciting it is thinking how cute they will be.

hope you all ahve great days and nights
    bye

Hi, just a quickie here!

Rylansmum - Angus is also not a big boy, I think he'll be lucky to hit 7 kg when I take him for his 6 month check this week (he'll be 6 and a bit months). He's exclusively BF too, not sure if that's got anything to do with anything!!!

Charlie - apparently the briefcase tasted excellent........oh dear!! I think I'll have to start on the solids, he is now (for the first time) watching with great interest when we eat and is very keen to get hold of plates, bowls, spoons etc.

And yeah- what's the go with the nappy malfunctions? When he has them in the middle of the night it means we all have to wake up and sort out the situation, very annoying for all of us! Angus has also taken to waking early, about 4.30, frustrating for my husband as he can't then get back to sleep. Yeah, frustrating for us all!

Well, am off to try to fit in some housework, it is now very hard to do things in our non-baby proof house as Angus is the speediest commando crawler I have ever seen, can't leave the room for 30 seconds. very difficult to fit in chores when he sleeps for only about 1.5 hrs in the day - and my husband tells me that should be my time to relax!

PMSL Charly!!! - Human toothpaste tube!!!

Oh also, may say... cluck cluck cluck!!!

Congratulations Rylansmum for your upcoming wedding!!!

Just touching on the BF babies who are lower in weight... I spoke to my doctor about this. He said that BF babies have more bone density and FF babies tend to bulk on more weight. So, it's perfectly normal and healthy.

Celsie. xoxox

Well, not looking good.......I think that's where I am at?? ......... Feeling crampy, crappy and snappy....................the perfect AF recipe ..........oh and spoke to DH.......lol!! He's like, oh you're so not but if you were, we'll fall over first then just embrace our new journey. Damn he's great!!

Rylansmum - oh a wedding!! How so exciting!!!!!!! Have so much fun planning with your precious family!!
    Last edited by Charlyfrog; January 8th, 2008 at 05:51 PM.

Gee, guess who just dropped in................... AF just forgot to inform me that she was on Christmas break...............took a little longer to recover than expected.........

Funnily enough, I laughed and (maybe tmi?) said out loud, "and there she is!"

Now am going to eat chocolate!! And yes, slightly disappointed but feeling, "never mind" also..................phew. Can do without this experience again for a while!

Awww, Charly. Congrats, but commiserations too! Que Sera Sera as they say.

Mel - How did daycare go?

Celsie - Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Can't wait to see the best man in his suit! And Rylan's Mum too, how exciting for you both.

I went to work today. DH's Mum had Lewis from 11-4.30pm. I spent the whole day feeling guilty and depressed and burst into tears when I got home. Luckily MIL had gone by then. I just feel that either me or DH should look after him, we wanted to have him so we should be there for him until he is a bit older. Not that he cares mind you, he has a great time! I know it's not possible and probably good for Lewis to be with others anyway, but I just can't get used to it. DH gets his timetable tomorrow so hopefully he will have a few days off in the week to be home with him and my worried will be over.
    Oh well, that's life hey.......

Sorry to hear AF arrived Charly. Oh well, there's always next month! LOL

Sarah - is it possible for you to live on one wage? I know it's tight, geez how well I know that, but if you're feeling so bad, maybe it's worth trying to stretch the budget just that little bit further.

Okay, I'm tired...

Celsie. xoxox

Hi Girls,

Well I feel much better about things now. It seems DH will be able to stay at home for 2 full days while I'm working and then MIL will just have him for 3 hours on my half day. So that is much more bearable. I love the fact that DH and him will be together for 2 days and I won't be worried sick either.
    We couldn't really manage without me doing a couple of days work, DH wage covers the mortgage and most of the bills but mine covers the food bill plus the extras that always come up unexpectedly. Plus we are in a unit and would love to buy a house with a garden for Lewis to play in. So we need to think about saving for that too.

Lewis two top teeth are just cutting through. He hasn't been grumpy at all this time, he's been really laughing the last few days. I was wrapping a present yesterday and was pulling the scissors along the curling ribbon and he just cracked up. He found it to be the funniest thing he had ever seen!
    He does have really angry red cheeks though bless him. He's still waking up at 4.30am nowadays instead of 5.30am. Not sure what's going on there!

Anyway hope everyone is well.

Hi everyone

I finally found this thread, after somehow becoming unsubscribed.

Hope you're all doing well (I haven't had time to read all the posts yet).

Hopefully I will get a chance to get on and do some personals in the near future.

Hi everyone

Sarah - its great to hear that your DH can stay with Lewis while you work. If and when I go back to work, we will also arrange it that DH looks after Diana while I'm at work.

Charly - I haven't been keeping up with the thread - are you actively TTC? Good luck. You're braver than me - I'm not sure if I could do the whole baby thing again. One is quite enough for me at the moment (but we'll see what happens).

Rylan's mum - Diana was weighed and measured this week. At 6 1/2 months she is 69cm long and weighs 7kg. So she's similar in size to Ashlyn I think. The dr was pleased with Diana's progress, so I'm sure Ashlyn is okay too.

Hi to everyone else.

Hi ladies

Off the the Hunter Valley for 3 days on Sunday so thought I'd pop in now while I've got a few minutes to write.

Firstly I'd like to say that next time round I will savour the time when my baby is still a baby and can be put down and left without any worry!! Mikayla has taken to climbing up onto her bouncer from the front end and can now pull her entire body onto it! This morning DH put her in the bouncer and tightened the straps (because she tries to grab onto the side and get out). I wallked in a few minutes later and she had somehow pulled herself up out of the staps and was hanging head first over the back of the bouncer. DH and I were both getting ready so DH thought our only option was to put her in her cot. Good idea you say??? Well I happened to walk by her room and found her on her knees chewing on the top rail with a big smerk on her face. Yes very cute I know!! So I layed her down again and went on getting ready. I thought she was a bit quiet a few minutes later so went to check only to find her now standing up, holding onto the rail bouncing up and down like she'd discovered a whole new world!!! Looking back on it now it was very cute but the thought of having to watch her 24-7 without a break is just consuming me. My little monkey is turning into my little Houdini

Charly sorry to hear AF showed up but of course its a blessing if you weren't quite ready :P

Still no sign of AF for me but I got out a HPT this morning and it was negative so it looks like my body is up to its old tricks again. So its back to the docs in Feb to start treatment all over again!

Hope your all well and I'll try to check in again before we leave otherwise will catch up when we get back next week.

Take care xx

hi everyone!
    Well we are back from holidays - the road trip was successful!
    Ashley enjoyed her 1st xmas with all the extended family!!!

She got 2 teeth through on xmas night and has started saying 'bubba' and 'mama' .... no association to the words yet... but still cool to hear it!

As for my dramas with cramps etc etc, i had a BPN on hpt and no AF so i am assuming that my body is going crazy hormonal!

Ashley is weened now to 3 bottles and 1 BF in the mornings - wondering when you stop BF all together how long is it usually until AF returns?

HOpe all had a lovely xmas!

hugs

Quick hi - yeah right!! LOL!! Whilst DH is bathing DD#1 and DD#2 is in bed, supposedly sleeping but those squeals coming from her room do not indicate sleep at all!! I thought I'd take the minutes I have to jump on, power read and then type my little fingers off!! LOL!!

Starfish - no, not actively TTC as my head space is that 2 are quite enough atm!! Of course, if we were pg then we'd just accept and embrace but I must admit, the cramps were a welcomed thing Spoke to my brother last night and he is getting the snip this year (they have 2). I told DH and he suggested he did the same to which I replied, no way buddy!! LOL!! Not until I'm sure.......so he goes on this tongue in cheek spiel about how I'm assuming I have the power to decide whether we have babies or not to which I laughed and retorted, "hang on a tick!! If you get the snip, you've made it final but me telling you your not just yet is actually sitting on the fence but keeping the door open!" (We laughed as we knew I won that round!! At this stage, if we were to have any more, I think DD#2 will be at least 4 and COMPLETELY toilet trained......learning my lesson the hard way as DD#1 is dragging her feet on that one!!

Oh too cute!! DD#1 has just bolted from her bedroom saying, "Look mum!! I'm neck-ed (naked)!!" Hehehe!!

MumofLewis - that's so great that DH was able to stay with your little one, a real weight off your mind! That's so fantastic!!! And so cute on the curling ribbon incident.......seeing the world through a little one's eyes is a real revelation some times! Also so good that he cut his teeth without too much bother, that must be a relief. Could that be the reason for waking up an hour earlier too?

Teepee2 - I know what you mean about savouring our bubs when they are babies!! Wow!! Your munchkin is flying!! That's full on! She sounds like a real cute cheeky fire cracker!! Oh too precious!!

Princessmya - not sure about how long after stopping bf that AF turns up as DD was exclusively bf and AF came back from long service leave at 4 months! What a clever little one to be nattering away already.....have you got it on video???? DD has only said, "Dad" a couple of times but will babble to her hearts content! Although today I took some hilarious video of both DD's squealing at each other - they were taking it in turns!!!!! And matching each other's volume!!! LOL!!

Ah woooooooooo hoooooooooo!!! DD#1 just did her first dribble wee in the potty!!! Ok! Going to go and celebrate with her stickers and ringing nanna!!

BBL!
    Mwa!!

Hi,

Teepee - Wow Mikayla is on the move! Have you moved her mattress down yet? I'm dreading that, my back already hurts hauling him out of the cot every morning! I wanted to ask you seeing as she was a quick crawler, once they can get their bum in the air and start rocking on their hands and knees, how long is it until they crawl? Days, weeks, months? Just wondering how long I've got...

Charly - Wow we think we have it bad and then you are potty training too! Now imagine all that and having morning sickness to deal with??
    BTW I spoke too soon about Lewis being okay with his new teeth. Poor thing has been in tears today, and just desperate to bite on anything in reach, he even burst one of his teethers bless him.

Princess mya - I think AF is supposed to return about 8-10 weeks after stopping BF. I only expressed, but mine returned about 8 weeks after I stopped. Longer, heavier and more painful I might add

Starfish - How did you job interview go by the way? It's a scary prospect isn't it returnng to work. Great that your DH can also have Diana.

Not sure if I mentioned but I do mobile spray tanning in the evenings, and I just got the job spray tanning the Gladiators for the new show on Channel 7! Made a nice change to spray some muscles!! I don't normally do men but how could I refuse those lot Mind you it was more work than usual because they all wanted to be sooo brown. Plus of course all the extra muscles I had to spray over!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast