Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born June 2007 #5

Hi Girls,

Just a quick one as I am at work so should be doing something else! I actually enjoyed being at work yesterday as DH had Lewis so I didn't feel too bad. He sent lots of updates and when they came to pick me up, Lewis didn't even look at me, he was too busy staring at the leaves on the trees! So he obviously didn't notice I was gone. Anyway my MIL has him for 4 hours today so I am nervous. I will be glad when 1pm comes and I know DH is home from work.

Mel - I will be thinking of you on the 16th when you have to go back to work too. Yes I have to help pay the mortgage too. Sometimes I wonderif it would be better to rent somewhere so that I could spend all my time with Lewis, but then I think I'm sure he will benefit form being with other people. And I suppose we are on the mortgage ladder now.

I have a question regarding feeding. Lewis has been eating twice a day so far still with 4 bottles. Now that he's ready to eat 3 times a day I am supposed to drop one bottle, but I am worried he will never drink that amount of fluid by drinking water as his milk feed is 210ml. I offer him water now but he has one sip and then just chews the cup! So it means by dropping a feed he will be drinking alot less. What does everyone else do?

Hi everyone

Hope you all had a great Christmas and New Years. All the best for 2008!

Well, I have been MIA recently as we've just come back from New Zealand. We went there for Christmas and got back yesterday. We stayed with my family, which was quite good (grandparents and uncle looked after Diana occasionally ). The first few days there, it was freezing. It was like winter, which was not so good, but eventually it fined up, which was lovely (although the sea was still too cold to swim in, etc). Diana got lots of presents and was generally extremely well behaved. The only problem was that the change in climate (warm and humid in Sydney to dry in the airplane, to harsh and dry and windy in Wellington) played havoc with Diana's skin. Poor thing got a rash all over her face and her nappy rash flared up something chronic. Hopefully now that we're home it will settle down.

On the 27th of December, Diana had her Christening. It went really well. It was a warm day, so she could wear the dress I'd bought for her without too many layers underneath. She was very well behaved throughout the whole service and didn't cry when the priest poured water on her head. She merely looked at the water curiously, lol. It was so cute. I had been practicing pouring water on her head in the bath and shower in preparation for this, so the training obviously paid off. At the end of the service, when the priest said the final blessing, Diana responded by blowing a loud raspberry, causing all of our guests to laugh. (As we had our backs to them, some didn't know if it was Diana or her godfather/uncle who had done it ) So all in all, it went very well.

DH and I went out to a nightclub on New Year's Eve, leaving Diana in my parents' care. This was the first time that we had ever left her, so it was a bit of an anxious moment. Still, we needn't have worried. She slept the whole time we were out and awoke for a feed about 5 minutes after we got home. So a great start to the new year. On New Year's Day, we took Diana to the beach (not to swim - too cold), and showed her waves and rockpools. On the drive home, we saw some dolphins in the bay (well, DH did, I only caught a glimpse, as I was driving and had to concentrate on the road and there was nowhere to stop).

We got back to Sydney yesterday, and are now in the process of unpacking and getting ready to go back to work, etc. I have decided to only do temp work for the next few months, as I am still finding the idea of a permanent job a bit stressful. I have an interview for a part time temp position tomorrow, so hopefully it will work out. Fingers crossed. Please send me your good vibes.

Sorry for the lack of personals. I have been so busy recently that I haven't yet had time to read all the posts.

Mel - no worries about not being able to catch up. We were pretty busy too, to the point that I didn't even manage to catch up with some if my local friends. Completely understandable.

Hi everyone!! Sorry just a quick pop in to go, oh my goodness and lol!!! before feed time!

So since AF returned when DD#2 was 4 months old, I have been pretty much 28 days on the dot (haven't gone on any pills either) so am pretty happy. Last month was a 26day cycle so also happy with that.....

Well was due Wednesday (28days) and am now on day 32...... I know not a big deal in the scheme of things but it certainly got me thinking what if?!?!?! And I think it would freak me out actually so funnily enough, after hoping like crazy to be pg with DD#2, I am hoping like crazy that AF has just been delayed in traffic!!!

I know I've said before that I don't think I am finished with having little precious ones but soooooooo not thinking just yet!!

Will bbl to catch up with you all, just wanted to get that out to those lovlies who understand! (btw, that's all you okeedokee, lol!!)

Mwa!!
    Last edited by Charlyfrog; January 6th, 2008 at 07:34 PM.

Have you tested yet Charly???

Celsie. xoxox

Tbh.......too flippen freaked out to!! Shared with DH today and he was so like, "oh you're so not!!" (he is adamant that we've finished!! ) so have said to myself that if I get to Jan 16 and nothing, panic stations will be manned!! LOL!!! (that'll be 6weeks since AF last visited) Holding on to those body feelings - kinda sadisitc as its like, please let that be pain right now!!

Am trying the logical approach too- diet, Christmas, lack of decent constant sleep, bit stressed over the past couple of weeks..............surely that'd be enough to send anyones bod into a spin!!

Oh! Don't get me wrong! If I, oh my , was pg.........the bubby would be so loved and cherished like our 2 DD's............it's just to describe myself as, 'shocked' would be a crazy understatement!!

Keep you up to date though!

The 16th! I can't believe you're going to keep us in suspense for two weeks Charly!

Caeleb moved into his own room today. I'm really really sad. I'm going to miss being woken at 7am... Caeleb banging his toys on the side of his cot, his head tilted back, looking intensely in my direction in anticipation of me waking. That beautiful big smile when he realises that he's succeeded in his mission. I'm going to sleep on the floor of the nursery tonight, so he doesn't wake in a strange room, all on his own. Not that the nursery is strange, he's just used to sharing with Mum and Dad. I really am almost in tears. How silly is that!!!

As some of you know, I have Mastitis. I'm a little concerned. I've been on anti-biotics since Friday and it's just getting worse. Feeding from my RHS is impossible not to mention painful. It's screwing up my BF with Caeleb. I give him one side, then I have to express the other side and give it to him in a bottle. By that time, he's either fallen asleep or just isn't interested in a bottle.

*sigh*

Celsie. xoxox

Oh you're so not silly at all precious!! You've created the most special bond with your little miracle and so its natural to feel that sad separation feeling!! (on the odd occasion have still felt it with DD#1 who's now 3 so find an excuse to check on her in the middle of the night as I know half the time she wakes and then it's like, oh dear, you're awake..........come and jump into bed with mummy then!! Like I said, its only been on the very odd occasion but I still miss her iykwim!....2 hours later I put her back because she wants to be on top of me even though there's a massive bed to share!! hehehe!!)

I'd sleep on the floor too I did when DD was sick and I think I checked on her a million times when she first went into her room!

Are you going to go back to the docs then?? Oh that's so horrid lovey! Will be praying it clears up really fast coz it is such a painful thing isn't it!! You're probably doing all the heat/massage stuff too (wheat bags etc)? And although I've never tried it and have heard conflicting stories re: cabbage leaves.....some swear by them while others roll their eyes but still, nothing to lose I guess.

Sending you hugs lovely (sideways ones sorry! bad joke ) and am thinking of you!

P.S. the wait is going to be a killer for me too!

Hi all - Remember me??

I have been abit pre-occupied, but, have been vaguely following everyones threads. I promise to be much better.

Charly - the 16th! By god, i couldnt wait that long. I dont know if i can wait that long just waiting for you!. Well, i guess goodluck either way.

Celsie - how did Calaeb go in his own room last night?

Zofia - good luck with the interview. I am glad you guys had a good holiday.

Sarah - Aiden is on solids 3 times a day now. He still has about 4 bottles a day, but, i have dropped them back to 150ml - and he only just finish's them. He has 3 naps a day, and has a bottle before each nap, and another before bed. In the middle of the night, he will have about 100ml.

And sorry girls, i havent read any further back then that.

In our news - AF has arrived, so know news on the ttc#2 front yet. Aiden has just cut his 2 bottom teeth. The right one came thru on the 04th, and the left came thru on the 06th. I havent weighed him for a while, last time i did, it was just before christmas, and he was 9.8kg, and about 74cm.

Christmas was nice. All Aidens presents from us, and my family are still under the tree. We had our house recarpeted day after boxing day, and the tree is in the dining room, and all the furniture from the lounge room ended up in front of it. We can now get to it, but, after the carpets went down, we got stuck into painting the house. So now that we can get to it, DH is back at work, so, just waiting for him to be home, and us having nothing to do, so we can open his presents. He got loads of presents from DH's family anyway. Besides, he's 2 young to realise.

ANyway, i gotta cut it short, Aiden is apparently against the idea of having this nap. I am trying to change his sleep routine. Generally, he goes to bed about 9ish, and wakes up at 8.30am the next morning, but, DH now leaves for work just after 5am, so, we are wanting to go to bed a bit earlier, so, i need to get him to bed earlier. I woke him just before 7 this morning, and i think he is going to be just abit out of whack these next few days till he settles into his new routine..

Chow chow, and i promise i will be back soon.

Hi all.

I too have been MIA lately - we've just had so much on I havent had time to just sit down and write!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!

We had a great Christmas and New Year - very quiet but nice and relaxing. Mikayla was sooo spoilt as I'm sure all of our bubs were. I cant wait till next year when she actually understands whats going on and gets excited about it all!

Still no teeth but alot of drool and serious chewing on just about anything she can get her hands on (and thats including her hands!! ) She had her 6 months vaccs today and she was a very good girl - hardly cried at all. She has been really sleepy though. She just woke up 15 mins ago had a bottle and is now asleep again - I hope this doesnt mean she wont sleep tonight!!

Charly I dont know how you'll be able to wait till the 16th!!! I'm about 3 days late now and there's no way I'll be waiting 2 weeks :P If she's not here in 2-3 days i'm peeing on a stick for sure!!!!! After taking so long TTCing Mikayla I'd love to be able to fall pg naturally but I dont know if I'm 100% ready yet - would love to loose some weight first!! I've already made an appointment with my gyno in Feb to get another referal to the fertility clinic so we can get things started soon...

Anyhoo better be off as I'm at work for a few hours today. I'll BBL tonight if I can.

Take care ladies xx
    Last edited by teepee2; January 7th, 2008 at 02:15 PM.

HI all, I've been MIA too with the hols and all, but have read back a little - good to hear what all the mums and babies did!!!

We had a great time in Qld, and Angus is now in his cot and not requiring wrapping. He is waking himself up a bit during the night though which is frustrating, and we tried dropping the dreamfeed which jut resulted in him wanting to be fed anywhere between 12 and 4. Bugger. Anyway, he is commandoing around like crazy, high speed boy!!! Less frustrated now he can move more easily. And he wants to sleep a little more during the day, prbalby because he is tiring himself out. He is still fully BF and I'm feeling a bit ambivalent about starting solids!!! I've loved the BF relationship, I hope that we'll love solids together and it won't be the problem I'm imagining!!!

My husband and I had a bit of a row the other day about me whining whenever he goes to work or does stuff on the renovations at work. True, I do whine, but it's more about me not getting any time for myself rather than what he is doing. So I'm not going to whine, but also I'm going to just take time for myself when HB is not at work and just tell him I'm going to do something. Should be interesting!!! I think he just doesn't quite realise how much I do - feed the baby 7-10 times a day, change nappies (when he's at work he does the morning one and I do the rest), do the washing (usually 3 loads every second day), hang it out, bring it in, fold and put it away, do the ironing, dusting, sweep the floor, mop the floor, clean the benches, plan dinner, make dinner etc etc........................sometimes I want him to be me for a week and do all these tasks, not just play with Angus while I'm out but do everything. Sigh. Anyway, I'll whine to you girls instead!!!

Must go as baby trying to eat my briefcase.................

Oh, and no AF for me - nothing since Angus arrived actually! I'm quite enjoying that!!!

Hi Girls,

Welcome back Debbie and Tina.

Debbie - I've been giving Lewis 3 meals a day and 3 bottles, missing out his 10am one. He seems fine but I think that when I offer him water he thinks it's milk, takes a big drink and then stops. So I still worry about his fluid intake. Although for breakfast he has a weetbix with formula so I suppose that's a bit extra.

Celsie - How was Aiden in is room? Lewis has been in his for months now but I still sleep in there on occasion. I often find him up on his hands peeping over the airwrap looking at me

Charly - OMG, how exciting! I will be checking daily in case of any news!!

Lewis has decided to change his sleep a bit and now wakes up at 4.30am instead of 5.30am Then he goes back to sleep at about 7am til 9am. All the wrong way round. I keep telling him it would make much more sense just to have a lie in but he won't listen

Does any of your bubs have swollen eyelids when they wake? Sometimes his are really puffy. They do go down but I just wonderd why. He also has dark circles for an hour or so aswell.

P.S Feathertop, I hear you about the household chores and DH just being able to go off and do his thing. He got a bit of a shock when he looked after Lewis for a full day whilst I went to work last week, he said, it's full on isn't it!
    I've decided that during the evenings I am going to start a new exercise class and start going for dinner with my friends again once in a while.

we have just got back from Jackson having his 6 month immunisations he certainly told the world and the waiting room he was not happy about having needles put into his little legs

he also topped the scales at a little bit over 8kg - he's on 3 small solid meals a day - approx 2-3 tbsp each meal but still having 4-5 booby feeds a day as well (they're all pretty small feeds tho apart from the first thing in the morning and last thing at night) - I kinda wish I had held out for 6 months with exclusively bf'ing cos I love that time together but I got so much hassle from my IL's about getting him started on solids before I went back to work - I should have stood my ground and didn't - I'm still not sure what to do about breast feeding when I go back to work but am going to try the expressing thing for at least the first couple of weeks at least

oh and we have a tooth - I can feel it but can't see it yet iykwim - but its definitely thru the gum now and hopefully he'll start to be a bit less cranky - well until the 2nd one comes I guess

Charly - how can you wait???? I'm going to be waiting in suspense now for 2 reasons (I go back to work on the 16th)

Celsie - hugs to you - mastitis is nasty - I had it a few months back and felt terrible - so I'm sending you the biggest hugs - and good luck with the own room thing too Charly is right - its such an amazing bond we have with these little people - I hated the first few nights with Jackson in his own room and kept on bringing him back to sleep in our bed - and even now I still wake up to the slightest noise

welcome back to Zofia, Debbie and Tina - hope you all enjoyed your Christmas and New Year

well better go - Jackson is getting frustrated at not being able to get up on all fours

Love and hugs
    Mel

Hey everyone!!

Welcome back from holidays all!! Missed the nattering!! Hope Jen is having a great time where ever she is!

Mel_thekiwimum - Awwww! Its horrid but worth it those immunisations but golly! It breaks my heart even though I know DD won't remember them. But I am such a whimp as I plan the trips to the docs when DH is on a day off so he has to hold her and I look the other way - then I do the comfort snuggle/booby Hope those teeth come through quickly and with ease!! Will be thinking of you on the 16th as well then lovey!

Debbie - still pressies to unwrap?!?! That's amazing!! LOL!! Hope you have fun unwrapping.

And Teepee2 & Debbie - sending you and beautifuls!! xxxx

Celsie - How did you and Caeleb go?? And hows your mastitis going?? Thinking of you lovey! xx

MumofLewis - good on you for doing stuff for you............I really should catch onto the concept myself!

Feathertop
    - hearing you on the DH topic.........I must admit to feeling frustrated even jealous , which I have shared with DH, to not being able to be like him and just do spur of the moment things. Always having to calculate when the feed ends, is due, what house work has to be done around that etc.............chasing my tail cleaning as my 3yr old undoes my tidying I think it takes more discipline and skill for us mummies to ensure we have us time, free of guilt!! *sigh* Thinking of you lovey!! Completely understand!

......so did Angus find that the brief case tasted good???

Well, not sure what to think and had a BIG think about the "what if??" last night. If I am, goodness me, pg, then for me, it'd mean that this was truly meant to be iykwim...............because in my natural thinking it kinda stresses me out the concept of potentially having 3 littl'ns under the age of 4! Then there's my other line of thought of how I am feeling every twinge right now and unintentionally developing that ol' love/hate relationship with the loo...hehe! I think that's why I feel more patient to be able to wait so long to test as I do think that if I tested now and it was a BFN, I reckon I would be disappointed. Funny huh! So to let my bod show me on its own (as in AF arriving with loaded suitcases, lol) then for some weird reason, that'd be easier to handle......wow! Do my thoughts sound contradictive and messed up or what?!?!? LOL!!! HOws this for weird too - although I told DH a couple of days ago that I was late, to which he wasn't too worried, I have held off telling him that still haven't started, as though telling him will somehow bring on AF.........yep. I am now officially weird! Then again, it certainly would be better if we fell pg unplanned for DH's sake........then I know I didn't push him into anything! LOL!!! Not my fault he has nosey swimmers!! Just had to go have one last look didn't they?!?!? ROFL!!!!

Hahaha! I really do think too much sometimes!! LOL!! Ah well, time will tell,..........think I'll just giggle in the mean time!

Ok, brain hurts now, really should go to bed! Chat soon lovlies!
    Mwa!!

Yes Charly, I understand that you would be disappointed...........WE WILL BE TOO!!!! (No pressure though!)

Time for a new thread found HERE

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678