Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2007 #6

Ohhh Sarah that outfit is sooo cute!!! And Lewis looks very handsome!!!!

My poor baby fell backwards again last night and hit her little head on the tiles for the second time in one day and this time she cried! I was so upset that i'd let it happen again. I got no sleep and kept checking on her all night to make sure she was ok. Just being an overly paranoid first time mum I guess but I was so worried she'd done some damage as both times she fell from a standing position so they were hard hits! I kept her awake for at least an hour afterwards and she wasnt vomiting so I knew she'd probably be ok but I couldnt help being anxious.

It didnt stop her from standing up though. She got straight back into it this morning. She even managed to stand up by holding onto my mums leg!!

Still no AF for me - over 10 days late now. Not sure if I want to re-test yet. Might wait another few days.

Charly sounds like DD#2 is ready to start the rocking action too! Its so funny to see them humping thin air isnt it - Mikayla did that for ages before she crawled - so cute!!

Well DH has just informed me that our little munchkin has done her 2nd poo tonight and it looks like its my turn so i'd better go.

Take care xx

Tina - hope Mikayla is okay after her 2nd fall. Ouch. Diana crawled/fell off our bed yesterday too (so two falls in two days for her too). Poor little girls. I suppose we better get used to it as they're going to get more bumps and scratches as they get more active... Hopefully that's as serious as its going to get though .

Sarah - Lewis's outfit is very cute and he looks great in it. I put a photo of Diana in her christening outfit on her website too.

Well, Diana is officially commando crawling. Its very cute to watch, but every time I put her down I have to make sure that there is nothing inappropriate/dangerous within her crawling range. Eeek! Going to have to get a playpen quickly I think. And she slept during the day today too. Woo hoo! Hopefully this will become a regular thing.

MumofLewis - awwwwwwwww!! How cute is that outfit?!?!? I love it!!! Oh and "practising for when he's older???"
    Starfish - and awwwwwwwww!! again! Diana looks so sweet!! And yay on her commando crawling and sleeping during the day!!

Oh I love the outfits girls!!!

Starfish & Teepee - oh your poor little girls!! Thinking of them! Man! The things our babies put us through!

Teepee - DD#2 went up on her hands and knees today! But she looked like a turtle!! Her hands were in fists and arms bent out to the side as she pushed herself up onto all fours and then for extra leverage, she used her head!!! LOL!! It looked so so funny!!

Sending you love!! Crossing everything for you sweets!!!

DD#2 just cried out so went in and gave her a big cuddle which didn't actually help Usually before bed I will give her a snuggle and she pops her thumb in her mouth and snuggles into me - it feels so special......but just then, she squealed and raised her voice at me, lol, and then not one minute after I left her room she went quiet! But while I was in there, she continued with her sad complaints....."just put me back to bed you silly woman!! Stop rocking me!! I'm tired!!" Oh too funny!

Time for bed! BBL!
    Mwa!!

Just a quick one from me to let you know that I'm alive! LOL

After a very hectic week, I've promised myself that I'm going to stay home and clean my house! Then, when the hard works is all done, I can enjoy my beautiful, clean home and relax in a spa with my gorgeous DH when he gets home tonight!

We had mother's group yesterday, which we both always really love. Caeleb is the ONLY baby in the group who still isn't crawling. And there is a baby who is 2 months younger than him who is! Oh well, I guess you can't be completely gorgeous AND crawl! LOL

He is also the only one to not have any teeth... LOL

We've disconnected the house phone, due to lack of use, so I'm using wireless broadband. Except, we're out of the 3G area, so it's dial up speed! BLAH!

Caeleb has started doing kisses. It involves his mouth wide open, with those fleshy gums coming at you like Jaws. LOL. He then latches on to a part of your face, either licking or sucking and pushes his face as hard as he can against yours. He then pulls off and I say... "Eww" or something like that, he laughs and does it all again! LOL TOO CUTE!!!

Okay, this will probably take half an hour to post, so I'll leave it there. I hope you're all well and happy!

Sarah - I will have a look at Lewis' outfit when I go in to the office next, as I'm connected to the network, which is BROADBAND! *sigh*

Celsie. xoxox

Default sorry long post everyone

hi everyone
    sorry I've been MIA for a while but this week has been CRAZY
    I went back to work on Wednesday - it was OK until Thursday rolled around and DS had his first day in child care (mum has him on wednesdays). We'd organised for DH to start work later on Thurs/Fri so he can drop Jackson at day care otherwise he's be there at 7:30am if I had to drop him off - well Jackson was a bit cranky Thurs morning cos I think he has his 2nd tooth coming through and decided to give DH the morning from hell - wouldn't eat his breakfast - took nearly 3/4 of an hour to give him his EBM and then he wouldn't sleep arrgghhh - so DH took him up to child care (5 min walk from our house) and they went to change DS nappy and he screamed his head off
    anyway thankfully my mum went and spent an hour at the child care and he did eventually go to sleep and eat something so I felt a bit better by the end of the day - Friday was a lot calmer - DS had more of a morning sleep before going to child care - the weird thing is he is still screaming his head off every nappy change now which he never does at home but we do change him on the floor not a change table

its nice to read that everyone's babies are starting to move - Jackson is commando crawling and doing a caterpillar type crawl where he gets up on his hands and knees and then propels himself forward back onto his tummy - its very cute

sorry about the vent everyone - just needed to get it out of my system - it was so hard to leave him to go to work and then have my DH calling me very STRESSED out and not being able to be there to help

hope all the mums and bubs are well
    sorry about no personals - i need to go back and read all the posts from the last ten days

Love Mel

Mel,

You poor thing, I totally understand how you must have felt. You just want to be there for them when they are upset like that. Fingers crossed he will be fine this week and get used to it. Before you know it he will love going there

Big hugs Mel! That's a horrible experience for the first day. Let's hope he stops the screaming when you change his nappy.

Celsie. xoxox

Sending you and lots of them Mel!! Oh that must've messed with your mummy heart!! I hope that your little one settles for you soon and that his teeth come through easier and things calm! Vent away lovely! That is why we're here! xx

Peach Guest

Kenzie and I are going through a bit of a rough patch in the sleep department. She just won't sleep unless she is snuggled up against me! Everyone is telling me "I have made a rod for my own back", because we have co-slept since birth .. but now she wont have any sleep during the day unless I sleep too! So I am trying hard to make the transition to the cot, her nursery is set up beautifully and I have the soft music playing. However as soon as we go in the room and I bend over to put her in the cot she SCREAMS ... untill I pick her up again. I think its time for some tough love. I might read her stories in the cot and try to do some fun things in there to make it seem less stressful ?? I'm not sure what to do!

Other than the sleep issue Mackenzie is growing fast and changing on a daily basis. I'm feeling a bit guilty that I havent taken as many photos and video as I would have liked.

I am buying the heinz food jars for food ( I promised myself only fresh for my baby ) but when your moving states .. I just kinda did what was convienient so I am going to have to get my butt in gear and get a whizz stick to puree my own food.

This year I have made a promise to myself ... I am going to lose 40 kilos because I am getting married at the end of the year (finally) and there is no way I want to be a fat bride. SO! This year I am not working, not studying .. just focusing on diet .. exercise and looking after my family. I really feel like I'm, failing at being a SAHM, its all I have wanted to do for 10 years and my house is just a pig mess.. I just can't seem to get it together I think its time for ebay and I to get reaquainted and have a huge declutter.

Oh and I got AF back yesterday .. Ugh!!

Hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas and New Year and 2008 be a fantastic year for all of us!

Mel :: Hi Mel! I used to work in child care for 12 years so maybe I can help you a little bit! Have you spent anytime with Jackson at the day care? That can often help settle new little babies if you just stay and 'play'. The change table issue is quite stressful, perhaps give jackson a little toy from home he can hold while on the change mat? Something he is familiar with (try to make it something plastic that can be dininfected like a plastic book or something?) This can often distract children from the nappy procedure - expecially kids with bad nappy rash. Its often so stressful for mums to put their children into child care so young, as he gets older and has 'friends' at day care it get easier. *hugs*

Celsie :: I honestly woundlt worry about Caeleb not crawling yet, I worked in a nursery before having Kenzie and some of the kids didnt crawl untill 9-10 months. All kids are soo different. If hes not moving about by 15 months then be concerned Enjoy him being a baby because they are all growing up so quickly! Kenzie does kisses too! Too cute huh!

Charlyfrog :: I wish putting Kenzie back to sleep was as easy as a snuggle, she demand the breast and snuggles in our bed. I can't get her into her own cot.. I need some advice you seem to have the sleep thing down pat! What is your bedtime routine?

Starfish :: Isnt it funny, with the crawling Kenzie will have a million of her toys on the floor and she will only want the tv remote or the dvd case on the floor! Yay for the day sleep!!

Teepee2 :: I know how you feel when Mikayla fell over. Kenzie has crawled off the bed twice now and the first time I was on the phone to the health line and crying, I posted on BB and got some reassurance. Its just the most awefull feeling isnt it. *hugs* Are to TTC #2 ?

MumofLewis :: Lewis look so sweet in the pictures! I love the talk to my agent picture, very cute. He looks like such a happy baby!

Hello to anyone I have missed that about as far back as I can go atm!

Jen

Talking

Hi ladies,
    Its been a while since i have been on as i have been obsessed with planning our wedding ...So far we have booked our reception/ceremony venue..actually it was booked November 2007!!! We have booked a wonderful photographer put a deposit down on our dream wedding car..we have booked a 2007 Chrysler 300c Super Stretch Limo its silver with black leather interior and it seats 12 including the driver!! I am having a rather large bridal party 4 groomsmen & bridesmaids and we also have 2 junior bridesmaids, 2 flowergirls & 2 page boys and us so officially it will be 16!!! And i have also just bought my bridesmaid bouquets at a bargain price..$100 for 4 silk bouquets because they were used as hire flowers!!! I am so excited..as you could probably tell
    Im glad to hear i am not the only person who needs to lose the kgs before their wedding...i found "the" dress online went and looked instore and OMG it is tiny..straight down very fitted!!! Gorgeous dress i want it so bad so looks like a diet and exercise are in my not so distant future lol

As for my baby girl she is finally on the move, commandoing around eating everything in sight!!
    She is still not sleeping very well through the day i stopped rocking her to sleep but she is getting better at settling herself and its not a huge production as it was when we began

She is getting quite an attitude though little witch..she will arch her back and squeal and thrash around when she wants something and cant get it ie remote control, her big brothers hair
    It isnt all the time thank goodness, maybe 10% of the day the other 90% she is such a sweetheart..
    Are any of your bubs really into tv?? She is really into it these days..especially the shows Rylan watches like Thomas, Dora the explorer & Ollie off Nick JR she will be mesmerised by them she will not move just sit and stare till its finished lol and she will actually look and move around me if i sit down infront of her to feed her while she is watching her shows!!!
    Im sorry i havnt put any personal replies im lucky to get a chance to put anything in these days!! Especially now im working till 12am and not actually getting home till 1am...sleep is very precious right now lol
    I hope everyone is going well take care

Hi all!! This is going to probably sound so pathetic and one might consider me a wus but omg!! This toilet training thing is full on! And DH whilst a shift worker is no help as he is flat chat with our own business when he is at home so its just me, toilet training DD and then booby/solids fed DD........... ROFL!!

We are having huuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggeeeeeee success atm, although we only started quite spontaneously yesterday lunch time (the thought of one more nappy tipped it for me ) and so nappies are only being used for overnight now and DD is really surprising me as we even had poos in the potty with no prompting from me! Poor little DD#2 though has had to cry it out on her playmat whilst in the middle of a feed as DD#1 has decided to be brilliant and use the potty but of course, with no extra pair of hands, mummy has to deal..............on another bright note, DD#2 was worrying me with not seeming interested in her solids at all and now!! Woohoo!! Is eating like a trooper!! So I've managed to get one child to eat and the other to poo!!

Jen - its really been a game of persistence on my part but DD#2 still tries it on during the day here and there, cheeky rabbit! I decided that I would determine when the nap started and when it ended and if she chooses to cry/complain her way through the whole nap time, well at least I know that there's a higher probability of her sleeping for the following nap session If I know that all the checks have been done (ie nappy clean, DD temps comfy, no wind etc) I will leave her unless her cry/complaint changes to more than just complaining, which generally happens only if the little sausage gets her legs stuck in between the bars (oh and the gro bag doesn't stop that either ) Retraining is possible (and this is just what we did with our DD so its what you are happy to do and are comfy with) but be prepared for your little one to not be happy about it for the best part, even all of an hour and then some to begin with. You decide when and where you want her to nap and pop her down for the duration that you think she should be down for, then go in and get her up when that time is over. You could go in every 10/15mins to reassure her that you haven't gone anywhere but then don't be tempted to do more than all the checks, a quick snuggle and then straight back down............could take a couple of weeks but it'll be worth it if you are comfortable doing it this way. What I still do with DD is if I have to go in, I'm very quiet and don't have much of a conversation with her and do what is needed quietly and quickly. Then in direct contrast, when it is time to get up (even if she hasn't been to sleep which can still happen of late ) I am all excited and chatty and noisy so she understands the difference between 'still sleep time' and 'time to get up - yay!' LOL!!
    Sorry, long explanation but that's just what we did. Hth somewhat anyways, xx

Okeedokee, one more load of washing to hang out then a cuppa, finally!! Hehe!

Take care lovlies!
    Mwa!!

Hi everyone

Boy you ladies are chatty! I have had a bit of an up and down day. On the down side, I nearly decided to stop breastfeeding this morning! Diana has kind of been biting recently and this morning at about 5:30am, she bit me hard first on one nipple, then, when I took it away, on the other. I nearly lost it. I have been feeling pretty down the last few days (I think that pnd is returning - I am looking at getting counselling as I have been feeling really, really low), and felt that the only positive thing I had left, the only thing that I was still doing right, was breastfeeding, and now I was failing at this too. Fortunately I got through to the ABA helpline and the counsellor was fantastic and helped a lot. So I am still breastfeeding. Yay.

On the up side, Diana did her first 'big girl poo' (i.e. solid - TMI, I know ) in the potty today. I am so proud of her.

Hi to everyone and hope that you and your lovely babies have a good night.

Starfish - Thinking of you lovey!!! You're doing such a wonderful job and yay for you for recognising where you're at!! I am so glad that ABA were able to work with you through this......thinking of you hun! xx and on the big girl poo!! Trust me!! Understanding the woohoo part of it all, but with DD#1! Hehe!!

Peach Guest

Starfish :: You are not alone with the biting breast issue, today Kenzie bit me 3 times on the same side. I can't help but let out a huge AHHH when she does it and it scares her .. but it hurts so much I thought of expressing for a little while to give my poor nipple a break. You are a fantastic mummy to Diana and are doing such a great job.... well done to Diana for poos in the potty!!

Charleyfrog :: Thanks heaps for the sleeping advice .. I think we are getting there s l o w l y. Last night I put her in her cot and she SCREAMED like the neighbours must have thought I was hurting her I got some books and she stopped right away and smiled (she lurrrves books) So I read her about 6 books then started singing songs. After the second song I turned out the light while still singing. Then I patted her belly and she went off to sleep .. I thought YEAH! I did it... So I caught up with some house work and about 30 mins later she started crying. This was about 11pm. Then she cried and I went in and repatted her off to sleep .. then she woke up every 5 minutes untill 230am. I had had enough gave in and took her to my bed where her and I slpet solid till 8am .. Tonight ... I put her in her cot and she screamed 10 times louder than last night .. like tantee cry she was going all stiff and kicking profusly. This went on for about 30 mins while I was trying to pat her. I picked her up she stopped and smiled. I gave her the breast and she fed herself to sleep and I put her in the cot .. she stayed asleep. 5 minutes later she was screamming again. I picked her up and rocked her back off to sleep and put her in the cot.. 5 minutes later she woke up .. this time I patted her off to sleep and she is still asleep now 20 minutes later.... wish me luck tonigt!!!! Can you think of anything I'm doing wrong?? I feel responsible for her going through this because she is s unbelieveabler close to me wand wants to be with me 24/7. I might post what I have written here in the sleeping section adn see if anyone else has any ideas to make it easier.

Awwww! She just loooooooooooveeeees her mummy so much!!! Imo, and imo only I think it is a retraining season for you and her. You're just ready sooner than her to make that transition to her self settling Its a patience and perseverance game on your part But as long as you've checked everything else, ie nappy, wind, temp, teething etc, then its now down to you being strong for her and teaching her a new way of falling asleep. The classic moment was her smiling at you when you picked her up! Aren't our babies just so funny and smart!!!!! Hehe!! Just a thought, rather than attending to her straight away when she wakes and cries after 5mins, maybe pop your head in to make sure she isn't stuck etc and then go out (no patting - can you look in on her without her seeing you??) and leave her for 10mins or so. I have learnt that the cry can sound so horrible sometimes but it is only them letting off some steam! Then go in and keep checking like that but only staying for max 1 min to check and reposition her if necessary and then leave...........importantly, only do what you are comfy doing. This has worked for us, not always , but thats just what we do.

My thoughts of feeding her to get her to sleep is kind of a catch 22.....she will nod off because it is so relaxing and comfy against mummy but then there is that risk of her getting trapped wind which in turn will keep her, and you, awake.

I hope you get some much needed help from posting in the sleeping section and like I said, these are just my thoughts and btw, don't look at it as though you're doing wrong love! Know that you are a fab mummy who loves her little girl so much and just wants her to be happy all the time! Like I said, just a new season for you both Thinking of you! xx

Hi girls,

Jen you poor thing, you must be exhausted! Have you thought about ringing the Tresillian 24 hr helpline? They will help you with anything. I don't have the number but if you go to their website it is on there.

Starfish - You have got this far being a Mum so you must be doing a good job. Hope you feel better soon.

Not much to report this end, Lewis is doing well, not crawling yet, just rocking away! He was awake at 4.30am this morning the little imp. He must have know I had to be at work at 9am!

Hey I lost a kilo on my diet this week and only have 2 more to go now. It's a great diet, if anyone wants it, its called the hunger buster diet and you can google it.

Charly - I thought you'd understand the excitement a poo in the potty generates. We had another one today. Woo hoo. How is your DD going?

Jen - sorry to hear that you're still having sleeping issues. Unfortunately I have no advice, as I did exactly the same as you with Diana and after a few months she started settling herself. How far away is Kenzie's cot from your bed? Diana's cot is next to our bed and we have taken one side out so that she can roll onto the bed if she wants to.

Hi to everyone else.

Peach Guest

Her cot in in her own room in the nursery ... perhaps it might be worth a try to put it in our room .. I might go dismantle it now. I'll let you know how it goes!Thanks for the idea starfish!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast