Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2007 #8

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MumofLewis View Post
    Hi everyone,

Rylan'smum - Doesn't Ashlyn tip the bowl of food over her head??! If I give Lewis a bowl with food in it, he just ends up wearing it!
    Yes she does just tip it over but luckily she hasnt figured out how to get it to her head just yet ..its just spread over her tray and down in her seat next to her legs!!

i really have no idea what we can do for her party with Rylam we went to Blackbutt Reserve which is free and has a covered electric BBQ playground and lots of animals..koalas, emus, wombats etc but the weather has been terrible so im not sure what to do...and our house is also too small for a proper party and our yard is like a swamp from the rain!! i just dont know

Teepee Ashlyn weighed 3540g (7lb 8oz)..my nurse doesnt seem to be worried as she is gaining in her length and HC..she said if it was a developmental problem she wuld be dropping in all areas...i think you guys are right by saying she is just using alot of energy cause she is on the go all the time.
    I hope you all feel better and stay out of hospital...we have all just gotten healthy again thank goodness, DH had conjunctivitus, bronchitis, plus vomiting and the trots!!! we got the cold not the rest thank goodness

Hi everyone

I got Diana weighed and measured on Tuesday and at 10 months and 10 days her stats are as follows:
    Weight: 8.4kg
    Length: 74.5cm
    She's doing really well in all areas , although the last few days she seems to have had diaoreah (sp?). I took her to the doctor yesterday, but there was a huuuge waiting time, so I just spoke to the nurse who suggested that I give her plain food (e.g. potato, rice, etc) and boiled water and see what happens. So last night I gave her potato and tonight she got rice, and no runny poos so far... Hopefully whatever it was has passed.

Tina - I'm sure I've said this before, but you have one very cute and clever little girl!

Sarah - Are you going to Little Dymanos in Alexandria? I think that under 1's get in free, so don't tell them you're going there for Lewis's birthday and he won't have to pay. (Sorry, just being cheap.)

Rylansmum - I am thinking about what to do for Diana's birthday. Like Sarah, I looked at the possibility of having a party at Little Dynamo's, but like her, decided that the private themed rooms are more for older kids, so wouldn't be worth it for a one year old. So still undecided as to what to do. Our apartment is also too small for a party.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you and your bubs are all well.

Hellllooooooo! (echo) Where Did Everyone Go??

sorry, been painting the house and looking for work, not in that order.

weighed DS the other day 11.8kg. i can justify not going to gym because i just have to lift him up 20 times a day and im spent.

hes starting to stand unaided now and took his first step(one) yesterday. still not as advanced as Mikayla though. isnt it amazing how quickly they pick up new things.
    yesterday DS was placed in his play area with a new door thingy. one minute later he had escaped by tearing the velcro that holds it all together and he was out.
    took him to the local park other day and he reached for the monkey bars so i lifted him up, he held on to rail and i was able to let go for a while and he stayed there, tough little bugger......

i reckon hes going to be a stuntman when he grows up because of the tumbles he takes and just gets up and keeps on going. no flinching at all. he even drew blood once, bit his lips. no crying though...

scaary

ciao

Lewis is a tough nut too when it comes to banging his head etc. Funny thing is if someone say BOOOOO too loud, he bursts into tears!!

in a beautiful beachy community with few people

Howdy

Sarah- i cant believe Lewis was called podgy, since dane is 12kg, i really would hate to hear what she would call him!! and Dragaonstorm, i agree about the lifting thing and the gym, he is sooo dam heavy now!

Well on the weekend Dane figured out how to stand up by himself, like he can just pop up anywhere in the room now and walk away. He doesnt need the wall or anything for support, so now he really is unstoppable!

RE the sucker plates, i have one, and if he wants it off he can pretty much get it off! But the easiest way to feed him is to put it all on the tray for him and he feeds himself

Nappy Rash- dane has been really lucky and never really had any problems, but at the moment he has, like a nappy rash, but it isnt so red, it is more tiny raised bumps going just above his bum and and the skin just above his bits. Has anyone else seen a similar kind of nappy rash? I always thought it looked more red and not so much raised bumps iykwim?

Mikayla is soo cute on her little push thing! Dane has one similar but he cant figure out to go forward, only backwards!

its good to hear alll the dif weights of the bubs, when I look at Dane I dont see a really big baby, but I dont have others around his age to compare him to. I have some pictures in the gallery, i will put a really recent one in and have a look and tell me if yas think he is really big or whatever. ta !

Anyway, hope everyone is doing great, sure has been quiet round here.

Hi all, sorry have been MIA but am back at work 3 days a week now in my new job. I also do some hrs on Monday and Friday arvo and Wed morning, so I'm pretty busy! We share childcare responsibilities so one of us is always home with Angus, which suits our family well. I don't know what Angus weighs at the moment, but I measured his height when he was standing against the high chair the other day and he was 72cm.

Exciting news - today he took two steps by himself towards his Daddy! No furniture, no push toy, no hanging onto a parent, all by himself!!! Yay!!!!

I'm finding I'm enjoying being at work some of the time and at home some of the time, it's a joy to come home and get such radiant smiles. He enjoys spending time with his daddy too.

Anyone got anything planned for Mothers Day?

Happy Mother's Day to everyone! Hope you all have a lovely day ladies.

We don't have anything special planned here. I got to sleep in an extra 15 minutes, while DH changed and dressed Diana this morning, so that was good.

Happy Mothers day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are planning to go feed the ducks when Lewis wakes up. I got a lie in til 9.30am although I could hear Lewis singing away in the lounge so didn't actually sleep much! Oh and he bought me some uggs too.

in a beautiful beachy community with few people

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY EVERYONE!

Hope you all had a wonderful day. We went to lunch with my mum, was a nice day.

Dane is 11months today, amazing- time flies sooo much, i have loved the ride!

Its a beautiful day, just knowing I am a mum!

Happy 11 month birthday Dane! (This means that he shares a birthday with me. How cool.)

I am not dead! Although since I've not been in this thread for far too long, I'm sure you all think I am! I have been super busy, working two days a week and also getting the baby bag business on it's feet.

Update on Caeleb. 11 months, weight 9.6 kilos, height, 78cm. He's long and lean. He's only in the 25th to 50th for his weight, but in the 75th to 90th for his height. Not walking unaided yet (still holds onto one finger), yet give him his block trolley and he'll almost run, stands unaided and wait for it... still NO TEETH!

He's still breastfeeding, although I'm trying to ween him in preparation for going onto cows milk at 12 months. Plus, the thought of a regular bra is far too tempting! LOL

We've had a terrible run on illness. Ear infection, followed a week later by a bad cold, followed one week later by yet another bad cold. Blah!

He's laying across my chest as I type this (poor little tyke is all congested, so is having trouble sleeping) and he's laughing and giggling in his sleep. Aww... too cute!!!

He is just the most adorable child. So happy and joyous. I really do wonder sometimes what I did that was so great that I deserved to have such a precious child. We can't go anywhere without him making friends. Even at the doctors, he'll start grinning at the old man across the other side of the waiting room, so then I have to start a polite conversation.

We bought one of those "special" backpacks today. We got a monkey one and the lead is it's tail. It hugs Caeleb's back. I'll have to take a photo. Decided it was an absolute must when I went to the post office and I put him down, for just a second to sign something and he was off like a shot for the door and the busy main road.

Have decided to hold off on TTC #2 unitl Caeleb is three. DH isn't happy at all, as he only wanted a two year age gap, but the reality of a toddler going through terrible two's and a newborn is far too much for me to comprehend. After all, I'm the one who's going to be taking care of them for most of the day. I'm sure he'll see what I'm trying to say, with time.

I hope everyone is doing well. I feel so terrible for being MIA. Will make a much bigger effort to stay up-to-date with you all. I would hate for this thread to be closed due to lack of use.

Hi everyone

Diana has just gotten over her first cold. She was a very unhappy little baby for a few days, all congested and snotty, but thankfully is better now. She has also started to clap . It's so cute. No walking yet, but she is pulling herself up on things and climbing the furniture. Today she climbed on and off the bed all by herself. She's a very clever girl.

Celsie - I know what you mean about having an adorable child that makes friends with everyone. Diana does that too. Usually its great, but sometimes when you're in a hurry its hard when people want to start conversations, isn't it?

Smile

Hi there everyone, i am like Celsie been working and dealing with sickness so havnt been able to jump on

Ashlyn is doing great, she was a little witch a few nights in a row but i found an extra 3 teeth...thats right 3!! no wonder she was cranky , she also took 3 steps by herself!!!..i havnt had her weighed since i last posted but she has an appointment on wednesday for a follow up...she is still so tiny though only wearing 00s

Celsie..i can understand wanting to wait to have another baby, i didnt want to leave it too long becasue i didnt want the big gap either but it worked out Rylan turned 3 in the August after Ashlyn was born and i thought that was a perfect gap because he was independent but still needed me for some things..the only down side for me was he refused to toilet train so if you can get that sorted beforehand it will help tremendously, time wise and money wise
    Actually one of the reasons i did it earlier is so he would share with her and not be so jealous..because he was the only person around and had your complete attention for so long i thought it would get harder the longer i left it that way iykwim?
    Caeleb sounds so lovely..he sounds like such a mummys boy!! funny thing is that never ever changes Rylan is still such a mummys boy and he is nearly 4, he just doesnt like to get kissed as much and he loves to wrestle with his dad!!
    Ashlyn goes shy around new people until we leave and then she is all waves and blowing kisses

Starfish..Wow climbing she is clever...im so glad Ashlyn cant do that yet, but she can climb down off the lounge, when she tries that is...some days it will be a headfirst dive off others it will be a cautious reverse

Hope everyone else is doing ok...the big 1 is not far off

No the planet is not flat and I have not walked off the edge into oblivion although it could appear that I have done so, lol!!

HELLOOOOOOOO!!!!

I really hope everyone is or is getting healthy again. We just had our first big family holiday - were away for 2 weeks and my girls were so good! They shared rooms for the first time and the cheeky monkeys kept making each other laugh when they should be sleeping - but it was so beautiful to listen to. So have lobbed home and now DD#2 has a cold with a rattly chesty cough.....brilliant. DD#1 has started to cough as well. Ah well, at least they were considerate and waited until we got home, hehe.

I cannot believe that in just 4 weeks my baby will be turning one!!!!! I still remember you Celsie posting your !! Goodness me! So many moons ago!

Made the invites before we left so will be posting them this week to DD's little party. Keeping it small but when you add just family its a big deal in itself (if only some decided that they didn't want to come as there are particulars that just come in, sit on the couch and expect to be waited on and then leave with no real interaction with anyone apart from those who happen to sit next to them.....not even with the birthday girl......sorry, venting *blush*)....so really can't avoid a bigger than preferred gathering because must have DD"s little friends as well. Although, have had to be choosy in that so we don't have to hire out a football field to accommodate! That is going to cause a few ruffles no doubt ah what can you do??

So what is everyone else doing? Anyone doing a theme type party? I tried a teddy bears picnic for DD#1's first but we almost got blown away with the chocolate crackles as we were at a park. And apparently no one read the invite as I asked everyone to bring their favourite bear/doll as it was a teddy bear's picnic..........was a tad annoyed at that one. So this time, no expectations from the guests but making it a sunny, bright theme with flowers and the like. Really reflects DD actually as she is very bright & bubbly and extraordinarily cheeky!!

I loooooove kids parties On holidays we got to go to my niece's 2nd birthday party, was only at macdonalds but really was so lovely to be there.

Anyways, will try not to be so absent but its so hard - does anyone else find it tricky to get on?? I would hate it if they shut this thread

Ok, best dash though, need to clothe DD#1 as it is cold outside and she'd go out in just her t-shirt if I'd let her, hehe. Take care all!

Mwa!!!

lexismum Guest

Default informal mothers group?

just wondering where abouts in Sydney you are?

i would love to get together with other mums, i have never been to a mothers group and was wondering if you would be interested?

i am at west ryde

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Hi everyone

Missbanana and Teepee - wow at your bubs walking! Diana is nowhere near walking yet. She is standing and can shuffle from one piece of furniture to another, but as for walking by herself, I think she doesn't bother because crawling is so much faster. Honestly, I am amazed at how quickly she gets about. Almost as fast as I can walk, so when I want to catch up with her, I really need to chase her. And she loves playing chasies....

Pam - welcome. Christian and Diana share a birthday. Diana was born at 11:49am on 19 June 2007. Re sleeping bags - I have been putting Diana in one since she was about 3-4 months as she kept kicking her blankets off. The one I have her in is from 6-18 months, and she can roll, wriggle, stand and even crawl in it.

Charly - hope you and DD1 get better soon. Its awful that mummies don't get sick days, isn't it?

Laura - sounds like the constant sooking could be due to teething, but if you're worried maybe take him to a gp to make sure that there is nothing wrong. I'm sure that Logan isn't sooking just to annoy you, so hope that you can find the source of his discomfort soon.

Lira - congratulations. Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy.
    Hi to everyone else.

I am hoping to get Diana weighed and measured this week, so will let you know how it goes.

Also, I have decided to break away from my mothers group. I have been feeling increasingly uncomfortable when meeting up with them recently as they all seem to have very different parenting ideas to me (e.g. they are into controlled crying, anti co-sleeping, etc), and are not afraid to tell me so, therefore I have been feeling really judged and defensive. Am I being a ***** for not wanting to talk to them anymore?

Hi all!!! I'm still alive too - though it does look like alot of ppl have been MIA lately :P

We are all doing well. Mikayla is over her chest infection and running around like a little huricane!! Matt was in QLD for a convention for 5 days which was really hard on Mikayla. He normally puts her to sleep at night so when it came to bedtime she cried and cried for her daddy (and I must admit I cried at seeing her so sad!) But he got back yesterday and it seems like she's already forgotten he was ever gone at all!!

Celsie my SIL bought Mikayla one of those monkey packs too - they are an absolute godsend!!! and she loves to wear hers which helps. I hope Caeleb gets better really soon - the poor little man. Its terrible when they're feeling so sick. It was really funny though with Mikayla - when she had a rattly chest her laugh sounded like an adorable little chuckle - sooooo cute!

Zofia Mikayla is now managing to climb up onto the lounge but she's not as adventurous as Diana - thank God!! She hasnt tried to master the bed yet! I have managed to teach her to climb back down backwards which is good - she used to try and get off head first!

Dragon sounds like you've got one veeery strong little boy there. You'd better watch him - sounds like he'll be ready to wrestle you soon

Sarah they are very resilliant arent they? The number of bumps and bruises Kayla has had on her head are amazing - and they dont really seem to phase her all that much. As they say its pretty hard to break a baby's head

Lexismum I'm in the inner west and Sarah & Starfish are both in the inner city I think. A meet up would be great if we can manage to arrange one.

Congrats to all the bubs that are starting to stand and walk. I cant believe our babies are growing up so fast. Remember when we were all anxiously hanging on to feel that first little flutter - and I always had my head in the toilet bowl LOL. Gosh, the funny things we talked about hehe - Its seems like only yesterday....

lexismum Guest

would be great
    if you like you can email me [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by teepee2 View Post
    Hi all!!! I'm still alive too - though it does look like alot of ppl have been MIA lately :P

We are all doing well. Mikayla is over her chest infection and running around like a little huricane!! Matt was in QLD for a convention for 5 days which was really hard on Mikayla. He normally puts her to sleep at night so when it came to bedtime she cried and cried for her daddy (and I must admit I cried at seeing her so sad!) But he got back yesterday and it seems like she's already forgotten he was ever gone at all!!

Celsie my SIL bought Mikayla one of those monkey packs too - they are an absolute godsend!!! and she loves to wear hers which helps. I hope Caeleb gets better really soon - the poor little man. Its terrible when they're feeling so sick. It was really funny though with Mikayla - when she had a rattly chest her laugh sounded like an adorable little chuckle - sooooo cute!

Zofia Mikayla is now managing to climb up onto the lounge but she's not as adventurous as Diana - thank God!! She hasnt tried to master the bed yet! I have managed to teach her to climb back down backwards which is good - she used to try and get off head first!

Dragon sounds like you've got one veeery strong little boy there. You'd better watch him - sounds like he'll be ready to wrestle you soon

Sarah they are very resilliant arent they? The number of bumps and bruises Kayla has had on her head are amazing - and they dont really seem to phase her all that much. As they say its pretty hard to break a baby's head

Lexismum I'm in the inner west and Sarah & Starfish are both in the inner city I think. A meet up would be great if we can manage to arrange one.

Congrats to all the bubs that are starting to stand and walk. I cant believe our babies are growing up so fast. Remember when we were all anxiously hanging on to feel that first little flutter - and I always had my head in the toilet bowl LOL. Gosh, the funny things we talked about hehe - Its seems like only yesterday....

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast