Default Babies Born June 2007 #8

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in June 2007

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...-2007-7-a.html

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Hehe.........always wanted to post first in a thread..........just wish I had something really interesting to say................

Mwa!!

i need some help...
    lately logan has been really testing me.. it feels as tho he is just sooking and crying all day!!!!
    i feel like i wanna rip my hair out he screams when i put him into bed 98% of the time..
    what am i doing wrong?

Hi everyone

Yesterday was Diana's 10 month birthday! Wow, can't believe how time flies.

Laura - is it possible that Logan is teething? Diana has been quite sooky recently, which I attributed to teething. I gave her some baby panadol and that seemed to work. HTH.

Hi to everyone else.

yea he has been teething for a while now up to getting his 5th and 6th tooth..
    but its just constant sooking that is really getting to me.....

Oh my!! I've missed a lot while I've been away havent I

Hello mums, dads & bubs!! I have missed you all!!!

Welcome Pam. Look forward to hearing all about Christian.

Congratulations Lira. Thats fanstastic news. Hope the pregnancy is going well so far xx

Meegan hope your well. How's Lee going? How did your u/s go?? I honestly think those doplers are a bad idea - they make ppl panic when there might not be any reason to. I thought about getting one when I was pg but then decided against it - I'm paranoid enough as it is!!!

Now I havent read through all the posts so sorry if I dont respond to everyone.

In regards to the sleeping bags, i've never put one on Mikayla so I dont know how she would react to having one now. We have the same problem with her moving around too much and kicking the blankets off. Half the time it ends up underneath her so I have to get out another one so I dont wake her trying to get it out! She's always standing in her cot so I dont think she'd take to well to a sleeping bag.

Laura I try to put Mikayla down when I can see she's getting sleepy. She generally rubs her eyes and gets restless when she's ready for a sleep. During the day I put a radio on in her room (only low volume) to distract her from the fact that I want her to sleep She has a little dance then puts herself to sleep. It usually only takes a few minutes and she may whinge for a bit. At night we give her a bottle and hold her for a few minutes and just as she puts her head down on our shoulders we put her to bed - so she's falling asleep but is still alert enough to realise that we're putting her down.

I'm very excited to say that my little girl is just about walking!!!! She started taking a few steps at a time a couple of weeks ago and today she managed about 8 or 9 steps and is suprisingly pretty stable on her feet. She's slowly building up her confidence and will take a couple of steps each time she stands - thats before she realises that its quicker to crawl so she drops to the floor and takes off Its so cute because you can see the proud look on her face when she realises she's walking all by herself - she even gives herself a little clap!! I give her a week tops before she's walking full-time!!

My mum has started to teach her to blow kisses too and she's caught on pretty quickly. She makes the cutest "mwa" sound but kisses the back of her hand instead of the front - very cute!!! I'm glad she's started to blow kisses because she doesnt seem to like giving real kisses anymore.

Well I can hear her stirring so I'd better go. Will try to check in tomorrow and catch up on all the posts I missed.

Hope everyone is well. Take care xx
    Last edited by teepee2; April 21st, 2008 at 09:10 PM.

Hi everyone

Missbanana and Teepee - wow at your bubs walking! Diana is nowhere near walking yet. She is standing and can shuffle from one piece of furniture to another, but as for walking by herself, I think she doesn't bother because crawling is so much faster. Honestly, I am amazed at how quickly she gets about. Almost as fast as I can walk, so when I want to catch up with her, I really need to chase her. And she loves playing chasies....

Pam - welcome. Christian and Diana share a birthday. Diana was born at 11:49am on 19 June 2007. Re sleeping bags - I have been putting Diana in one since she was about 3-4 months as she kept kicking her blankets off. The one I have her in is from 6-18 months, and she can roll, wriggle, stand and even crawl in it.

Charly - hope you and DD1 get better soon. Its awful that mummies don't get sick days, isn't it?

Laura - sounds like the constant sooking could be due to teething, but if you're worried maybe take him to a gp to make sure that there is nothing wrong. I'm sure that Logan isn't sooking just to annoy you, so hope that you can find the source of his discomfort soon.

Lira - congratulations. Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy.
    Hi to everyone else.

I am hoping to get Diana weighed and measured this week, so will let you know how it goes.

Also, I have decided to break away from my mothers group. I have been feeling increasingly uncomfortable when meeting up with them recently as they all seem to have very different parenting ideas to me (e.g. they are into controlled crying, anti co-sleeping, etc), and are not afraid to tell me so, therefore I have been feeling really judged and defensive. Am I being a ***** for not wanting to talk to them anymore?

Starfish - It's a shame people need to force their opinions on you. We all have different views and ideas on parenting but we also have to respect other's views so it's a shame you have to cut ties with them because they are so vocal about their opinions.

Yes Teepee and MissBanana, fancy your little ones walking so soon, it's amazing! Lewis stands but doesn't shuffle yet so I presume it will be a good few months yet. HOw long between standing and then walking??

I was wondering how you all get on with giving bubs water? Lewis just doesn't want to drink. I have tried different cups and even put it back in a bottle but he just isn't interested. He will sometimes take a mouthful and then just stop. He is on 630 ml of formula a day but surely he gets thirsty in between feeds?

I'm off to the gyno tomorrow as I'm still having trouble with my AF. The GP says it could be a number of things. Does anyone else have long and heavy AF since giving birth?

Hello Everyone,

It's so good to read how all your babies are going. I'm very happy to be a part of this thread because I did feel at a loss with Christian. Most of the time I wasn't sure I was doing the right thing for him. But it's good to know that Christian isn't the only one to move around his cot when trying to sleep (and when asleep) and that he's not walking yet either. He has been able to stand and sit for over a month now, he can even pick up a toy when he's standing! He crouches down picks it up and then stands again. He loves to walk the length the couch and he has a music learning table, which we got especially for him to practice his standing, he walks around and around it. He does laps of it But he hasn't shown any interest in taking steps yet.
    Thank you for all your advice on the sleeping bags. We did buy one for him over the weekend and Christian took to it so well!! He slept the same, he actually slept for an hour more on Sunday morning It was a lovely sleep-in for us. And I'm happy to say that he can crawl, sit and stand in it I sleep so much better at night knowing he's snug and warm. If only he didn't depend on his dummy so much at night then I'd have a perfect nights sleep. He needs it to send himself to sleep and if he can't find it during the night then he wakes crying and I go running in there and search for it for him.
    Starfish I'm sorry to hear that you will be breaking away from your mother's group but when it comes to the way we decide to bring up our babies - that's our own choice and we shouldn't be made to feel bad or doubtful. I don't have a mother's group to go to, I searched and searched but i never found one that I could walk to because I don't have a car. And Christian could only stay awake and happy for no longer than 2 hours so going by bus by myself was not an option. So I found BellyBelly and a thread for mothers looking for a group in my suburb, I replied and we got a conversation going. I then offered my house for us all to meet and since I posted that nobody has replied. I don't know what to think.
    Does anyone have any problems giving their babies finger foods? I've been trying to give Christian bread for almost a month now but all he does is shred it with his fingers then he drops it all. He'll only eat it if I put it in his mouth directly. I've also tried giving him cooked pieces of apple and pear but he would just squeeze it really tight in his hand and make pulp out of it. The only thing he can eat really well by himself is a rusk.
    MumofLewis Christian still can't drink properly from his cup. We've been feeding him water since he was about 2 months old from a bottle and back then he would only take a bit but over the months he began drinking more. Then at 6 months we switched to the cup and he didn't like it at all then we realised the teat (is that what that bit is called? the bit they drink from) was too small and it took him a lot of effort to get any water out so we bought a different one and that was a bit better but every time I try giving him water he quickly takes it from my hand and starts waving it about. So I don't really know how much he drank. I'm guessing it takes a lot of practise (on his behalf) and time. Another thing, Christian has yet to take an interest in holding his own bottle. I have to hold it for him everytime. We've tried to put his hands around the bottle but he doesn't like it and starts to get upset and if we try to 'threaten' to take it away from him he just cries. So it's just easier to hold it for him, what am I doing wrong? Should I be insisting more that he hold his own bottle?

Sorry to ramble, these are a few issues that have been worrying me for a while and its good to know I can share it with other mothers in the same age (of our babies). Also, MumofLewis what is AF? I'm not that familiar with all the abbreviations used. Is it to do with a cesarean? I had one when I had Christian and I don't have any issues with the scar. After the birth it took 2 months to completely heal and for the numbness in that area to go away.
    There I go again, rambling...sorry...I should go to bed actually.

Thank you everyone for your welcome notes

Pam

hello ladies,

sorry to be MIA but i am only a male and sometimes i get too lazyto even turn a page of the magazine whilst sitting on the loo so i will read it twice LOLOLOL.

welcome pam, as the apparent only male in this thread, part time worker, i do the dishes and washing, i have some sagely advice for you.....1-if you have a question ask!!! the reason i say this is because we are all going through the same thing. 2- never compare your child to someone elses!!! your child is your own and they will do things when they are ready...3-sleeping bags are great for some but not for others!!!DS NATE loved his but i found that they were too small for me..spewin...4-love your child and yourself!!! need i say more...and 5-i am a top parent and so are you!!!!!

to the rest of you all, hello.

it seems the cold is going around our house like a fly at the dump. Nate caught it from daycare...i got it from him...DW got from me...nate got it from daycare...i got it from him...DW got it from me and so on.

Nate is now only waking up twice at night at last(so far) we tried the watering down formula thing but hes too smart for us. so we increased each feed to 180 ml and increased the formula and that seems to be doing the trick.
    hes standing now but still holding on to stuff the nearest leg, human or furniture, crawling faster( sometimes hes little legs go too fast for his hands and he face plants- laughs and continues), so cute to watch. co sleeping- in order to get an extra 2.5hrs sleep in the morning whilst we are all sick hes in with us! it works for us and hes asleep so whats the harm.we dont roll in our sleep i just spread out but when NATE is in bed he spreads, i think hes taking over my bed- not happy...still only has eight teeth, and dribbles like theres no tommorrow.

regarding the cuddle thing. NATE will sometimes pull in whilst other times he will push away. typical male maybe, cant make up his mind. i found that if i shifted him to the other side of my body he would stay put....

well thats a rant and i just heard a sneeze which means its time to change a nappy(diareah?) and treat the affected nappy rash at the same. HAPPY DAYS!!!!!

till next time ciao
    dragonstorm

Hi,

Ha ha Dragonstorm, what a shame the sleeping bags are too small for you I love that 'legs going faster than arms' action too, especially when I chase him, so it's all my fault really when he stacks it!

New Mummy - I wouldn't worry about Christian not holding his bottle. Lewis only did that recently. Mind you now he won't let go at the end of his feed and tries to go to bed with it!! And yes Lewis likes squeezing his finger food too so that it drips all down his arm! I tried cooked cauliflower wich was better and little squares of toast which he chews, spits out and re chews again AF=period by the way, am having long painful ones since the c/s. The Gyni has sent me for a scan in 2 weeks and says I have a swollen ovary so who knows what that is all about.

Hi all!!

Zofia its terrible that you feel judged in your mothers group. I thinks its great to meet with other mums of children who are the same age as Diana but not when they make you feel so uncomfortable about your choices - I would leave too!!! Speak to your local clinic and find out if there are any other playgroups in your area which you can join.

Sarah I'm having the same prob with Mikayla. The last week or so she's refusing to drink water. She might take a couple of sips a day and thats about it. She used to drink it without any issues. I think I might try mixing it with some baby juice and see how that goes. Maybe they're just bored with plain water!! The last 2 days she hasnt even wanted any milk. All she's had so far today is 1 bottle this afternoon of 140ml and thats it - I'm actually starting to get worried that she'll get dehydrated. With the cooler weather I wouldnt worry too much about Lewis not drinking water as long as he's still drinking plenty of milk.

Pam I'd say persist in giving Christian food in the hand. Mikayla initially did the same - I think they like to feel the different textures. She now eats most things pretty well - even avocado - I just cut it into long pieces. I do find though that she does still squish things if she isnt hungry. I still spoon feed her main meals but when it comes to snacks she now basically feeds herself - as long as its solids of course!! LOL

Dragonstorm your a classic!!! Unfortunately I just got a clear picture of the toilet scene in my mind Thanks!! As for your advice to Pam... I agree totally!! (except for the sleeping bag - I get way too hot in bed for one of those LOL)

Well I thought I'd share this little clip of Mikayla on the go. This one was taken yesterday and with all of the practice she's had since then she's now alot more stable on her feet. She's pretty much walking all the time now - there's no stopping her!!!

Mikayla Walking

Have a safe and happy long weekend everyone xx

Teepee - I still can't believe she is walking, it's just too cute!

I know Sarah! I cant believe it either. If you think thats a surprise have a look at this new trick.

Mikayla's New Car!!

I know I keep saying this but she really is growing up way waaay too fast!!!!

and HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH!!!
    Last edited by teepee2; April 26th, 2008 at 08:34 AM.

Smile

Hi everyone,welcome any newbies i have missed! its good to hear all your bubbies are coming along in leaps and bounds..

Teepee..how clever is she!! So cute!!

Ashlyn will hold her bottle now but only if she is laying because she cant tip it up far enough but she hasnt really been doing it for that long so dont worry too much about it, its convienient when it does happen though

She really loves her fingerfood, i cooked meatloaf cut into little squares and steamed beans, carrot sticks, potato cut into pieces and corn, put in a bowl on her highchair tray and she ate it all i think she loved it cause she had plenty infront and was in control of what she put in her mouth.

She has just cut her 5th tooth but i cant see anymore even close to popping through, she is not walking but she is very confident walking along the furniture even to the point where she will let go and dive to the last section instead of walking all the way around!!

I got her weighed at 10months, she is still underweight but her length and HC are still following the same track (75th percentile) but her weight has dropped to just below the 25th, the nurse said not to worry as it could be that she is using all her food and energy to put on the length and HC and not leaving anything for weight.
    This is what she weighed at 7.5mths
    Weight-7.3kg (bare weight)
    Length-69cm
    HC--44cm

and at 10mths
    Weight-8.05kg (bare weight)
    Length-72cm
    HC-45cm

So she hasnt put on barely anything, i think the nurse worked it to be 60g per week, so now i have to feed her pretty much all day 5-6 times a day actually plus her bottles ..so she may end up a big boofer after all!!

Has anybody else started thinking about the big 1st birthday party? I cant believe its so close! Our babies are getting so big too fast!
    Last edited by rylansmum; April 28th, 2008 at 12:37 PM.

Hi everyone,

Rylan'smum - Doesn't Ashlyn tip the bowl of food over her head??! If I give Lewis a bowl with food in it, he just ends up wearing it! I must get oneo of those sucker plates. For his 1st birthday, I think we will invite a few kids to go and play at Little Dynamo's, our local soft play place. Our unit is a bit small for screaming kids!! I think we are going to have a Mickey Mouse cake as he loves watching it on TV and laughs everytime they do the hotdog dance

I was at the doctors the other day and Lewis was standing up against a chair and the receptionist said 'Oh he will be walking soon, although it does take the 'podgy' kids a bit longer to balance!!!' Cheeky woman. He's not podgy, he's just well padded!

Hope everyone is okay, it is mighty quiet in here again........

Sarah LOL at the "podgy kid" comment. Lewis doesnt look podgy at all! The woman must be blind. Great idea to have Lewis' birthday at a play center - at least you now all the kids will have a great time. Are you having a private party or do they stay open to the public?

Rylansmum how much did Ashlyn weigh at birth? I had Mikayla weighed by our GP on Monday and she was 9.1kg but like Ashlyn she's only put on 70gr a week since she was last weighed. My doc said that he wasnt concerned at all about that. At this stage all that he was interested in was that she was at least double her birth weight which she has well exceeded. He said that all babies put on weight at difference rates and because she is so active you cant expect to see the same weight gain that was expected when they were younger because they're burning it off alot quicker now that they're crawling/walking. It sounds like she's a good eater so hopefully you have nothing to worry about.

Well we are all feeling the cold here and poor Mikayla has a runny nose and a terrible cough. She's on antibiotics and if there is no improvement within 48 hours we have to take her straight back to the docs. I hope it clears up quick smart as I dont at all fancy a visit to the hospital

Hope everyone else is happy & healthy xx

Hi,

I know I've got a 'podgy' kid, but I've also noticed he only put on 90g per week in the last 6 weeks from 9.32 to 9.97kg. Must be the stage they are at as Teepee says burning off plenty of energy.

Teepee - At Little Dynamos they have private rooms for birthdays but I'm just going to pay for about 5 little ones to go and play because Lewis won't remember having a private room! Plus it is $19.95 per kid and I'm sure they won't eat that much food. Good for older kid's parties though, the rooms are themed.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast