Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2007 #9

Hi everyone

I have been lurking and reading, but feel like I haven't posted for a while. I started university last week. I would like to say that I have been busy with study, but unfortunately I haven't done nearly as much as I would have liked to.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but this week (1-7 August) is World Breastfeeding Week. To celebrate ABA had a stall at Norton Plaza this weekend with all kinds of information. I manned the stall for about an hour and a bit this morning, which was quite fun, except that Diana kept wanting to crawl on to the escalators, which quite frankly just wasn't on. She is still not quite walking by herself. She almost took a step yesterday (from me to the armchair), and she loves to walk while having her hand held.

The other day, Diana did the cleverest thing. For no apparent reason, she took her trousers off. I asked her if she took them off because she wanted to go on the potty, and promptly put her on, and she proceeded to do a wee and a poo. I am so proud of her. We seem to be catching about 95% of poos in the potty now.

Charly - that is so cute about DD singing along with you. Diana sometimes does that too. I'm sorry to hear that your b/f journey has come to an end, but you and DD seem to have enjoyed it, which is a great thing. I have no idea when Diana will be ready to wean. She still has 5-8 breastfeeds a day!

Celsie - wow, how clever is Caeleb putting his toys away! We know all about the stashing thing here too, as Diana does it as well. DH has gone to put on his boots a few times to find rice crackers and toast in them. And here I was thinking how clever Diana was to have eaten her breakfast...

Mel - welcome back! Hope everything is going well for you and Jackson. As I mentioned above, Diana is not walking yet either.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you've had a great weekend and that your week goes well.

Well no move so far Charly - they are going to see if there is any more interest in the position unti the end of august then they said they will shortlist DH... so will see next month i guess.

I cant believe how much of a little girl DD is now! so cute!

Starfish - how clever is Diana?!?!?!?!?! Wow! Little ones certainly are smart cookies aren't they? How too cute taking her pants off! oh and for me.......bf ends for me and DD at the start of World Breastfeeding week! Lol. Hope you get more study done love!

PinkPalace - well I hope things pan out much sooner than later for you so you know exactly what you're doing!! Gosh your due date is fast approaching isn't it! So exciting!!

Well taking DD#2 to her first 'concert' later this month, and of course big sister is coming - to a Playschool concert! No idea who the presenters will be but gosh DD#2 looooooves music!! I have a Baby Einstein DVD with lots of music etc and the old MacDonald's song on it and she wiggles her body side to side, throws her arms around, claps and giggles her little head off, and of course 'sings' along Too cute! So really looking forward to this!!

Hope all are well in the land of mummy & daddy

Mwa!!

Starfish - that is very clever of Diana. Caeleb kinda tells us when he wants to go too. We'll notice he's gone quiet or starting to grunt and we'll say, "Do you need to go do poos on your potty?" and he'll nod and toddle off to the gate to be let through to his room to sit on his potty. He doesn't know how to say no yet, he just doesn't nod if he doesn't need to go.

Charly - we've got tickets to that concert too! Now I KNOW you'll have your eyes peeled trying to spot Celsie and Caeleb!!! Geez, that won't be hard in a room full of children and parents!!!

Charly - I took Lewis to the Playschool concert a few weeks ago. Now I'm not up on the presenters but it was a woman with longish brown hair and a cutish guy in his 20's. Does that help?! Lewis loved it....for all of 5 minutes!! Mind you we don't watch playschool so maybe that's why. But it was heart warming to see all the little ones doing the actions and singing, you will love it I'm sure! We are off to the Wiggles in December so we are watching their nursery rhyme DVD to brush up on all the actions

Starfish - Diana is clever! I don't think Lewis is even aware that he has trousers on!!! How cute

I took Lewis for his 12 month check today. He weighs 12.2kg and is 76.5cm long. And he has 11.5 teeth
    He is walking now too. Well I think so anyway. When do you actually say they are walking??? He will still crawl but will stand up and start walking for about 10 steps before landing on his bum. Does that qualify?! He changes direction too I've noticed today, so he is becoming a professional!
    He has also started doing the indian noise with his hand banging his mouth IYKWIM. And pokes his tongue out really fast whilst shaking his head, not sure what that is about

I think this is the stage where they will do new things every day, how exciting.....

Oh my goodness Celsie!! We're going to the second session as the first was all sold out when I found out that it was actually on! Will have my MIL with me too, so that my narrow down half the room?!

MumofLewis - yep! That's walking!!

He has also started doing the indian noise with his hand banging his mouth IYKWIM. And pokes his tongue out really fast whilst shaking his head, not sure what that is about
    That's an absolute crack up!! Awww the munchkins do the most hilarious, weird, unexpected things don't they?!?!?!?! Tooooooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!

.......DD carries things around in her mouth like a puppy.................

Well done Lewis!!! :woot:

Charly - I'm not sure what session we're going to, as a friend has bought the tickets. We're going as a big group. Should be fun!!!

Update on our TTC # 2 journey...

I'm 9DPO today, and it was at this time I tested when I was PG with Caeleb and got a BFP. I tested with an alleged "early pregnancy test" which wasn't actually. It said early on the outside of the box, but when you open it, it says to test from first day of missed AF. WTF? That's normal, not early!!! So, no surprises, I got a BFN. Then I got told those particular test were unreliable, so I bought a pregnosis early HPT and got a very very pale BFP. Was starting to get a little excited when I found this thread...

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...ive-lines.html

Basically saying how unreliable pregnosis are.... so now I'm ****ed off and upset and not looking forward to testing with FMU tomorrow morning, because if I do get a BFP I won't believe it because of that thread!!! Now I'll have to go buy ANOTHER brand and even if that says BFP I still won't believe it till AF is late
    Last edited by Celsie; August 4th, 2008 at 10:31 PM.

Celsie - i used a digital test with is supposed to be 50miu (so not sensitive AT ALL).. and going off what the dr's think are my dates (hence why i think i wil come early)... i got a postive (it says PREGNANT... so no confusing lines... maybe get one of these)... at 9DPO.

So it is possible! Went to the dr in the afternoon and it cam up BFP on his early one at 2pm in the arvo and about 1L h20 later!.... so i would drop inot your GP in te morning if you can and request a blood test! then you will know within an hour for sure and no more stress

Well I don't know what you tell you girls. I tested with FMU with the Pregnosis brand and another line appeared within a few minutes, but is very hard to see now it's dried. I also tried again with the Confirm "early pregnancy test" and thought it was a BFN, so I went back to sleep, but when woke there was a thin line in the testing area. So I'm goign to put that down to an evaporation line. I think if there really is any chemicals floating around it's going to be a chemical pregnancy... so I'm not testing again till AF is late.

Thanks PP - I think I'm just going to give up unless AF doesn't turn up and give me a reason not to.

Celsie - Considering I took 9 pregnancy tests (as I was in denial), I consider myself to be an expert in testing!!! I believe a faint line is STILL a Line. Some of mine were so faint that I had to tilt it at an angle to check! But it was still there.

Don't give up hope, I have a feeling in my waters we will have a announcement very soon.......

big hugs Celsie.
    Honestly i would go get a blood test - i am not good with waiting and patience hence why i went to the dr straight away the same day lol

My fingers and toes are crossed for you

Next time - post some pics for us to see

Well, I had posted in here last night to tell you I got a BFP! But, after testing again this morning it's pretty much non-existant, so it's a another chemical pregnancy for me.

Sorry for the false alarm, but thank you so much for your suport.
    Last edited by Celsie; August 6th, 2008 at 06:06 AM.

please dont apologis Celsie!
    Thats why we are here - as support!
    big hugs hun!

Well, now I'm just going to be painful... but here we go.

I had a chat with my dear friend Kerry (Kbowman) who told me that she had a very pale BFP with FMU the day after her much darker BFP, so to test again. So, I did and the line came up within 30 seconds, much darker than this morning, but not as dark as the day before, so I don't know what to think!!!

Celsie! i would say you might be pregnant hun!!
    I did early 10miu tests every day from about 5dpo and negative and then BFP with a digital (50miu)... so you would think they would show up but they didnt!!!
    Get a blood test Girl!!!!

Yes Celsie, we NEED to know...... !!!!

Well I did ANOTHER test and it was darker than the one I did yesterday (darkest so far), so I'm feeling a lot more optimistic.

I'm going to get a blood test if AF doesn't turn up on Sunday. So, you'll just have to be patient girls. LOL

if you get a darker line in the afternoon that hun you are UTD!!!!!!!

yippee!!!!! i will hold my congrats for mondays blood test.. but quietly!..... congrats!

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast