This thread is for parents who's baby was born March 16th-31st 2009

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying ~ Senior Moderator
    AJP
    Nelle

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

My daughter Sascha was born on the 11th but i want to stay in my pregnancy group (she was due the 16th). Will wait for them to join...

Having some breastfeeding issues trying hard to persevere, baby is a good sleeper so far. Trying to keep my 2yr old from loving her to much with big hugs and occasional knocks to the head!

Noah was due 25th, but he came on the 13th.So I'm going to join you poppysmum!!

All is going good with Noah, he is a fantastic feeder & sleeping, well... he sleeps well through the day LOL.
    Last edited by storm; March 25th, 2009 at 08:21 PM. Reason: spelling oppsie

Hey Jo & PM.

Cookie aka Dakota was born on the 21st. So far we are having issues with feeding. She was doing well but i just don't have a good supply.
    She lost 450g in 3 days so we have to go get her re-weighed tomorrow to see see if she's put on some weight.

ARRIVALS:

Kellbell - Ella Jaye arrived on 11th March 2009- 7pd 6oz & 50cms
    Poppysmum - Sascha arrived on 11th March 2009- 8pd 11oz & 52cms
    Treena- Allyeria arrived on 12th March 2009- 10pd 1oz & 51.5cms
    Storm - Noah arrived on 13th March 2009
    Super_pumpkin-Tirion Shaye arrived on 16th March 2009 7lb 3oz
    Tina_K - Amelia Rose arrived on 17th March 2009- 3.5kgs
    Trinity-Dakota Lily arrived on 21st March 2009-8lbs & 50.5cms
    Joels_Girl
    - Morgan Lane arrived on 21st March 2009-9lbs 11
    TreeTops- Baby Boy arrived on 25th March 9lbs 6oz & 55cms
    Helen_Au-Joshua Guy arrived on 27th March
    Tiggerlinda-Charlotte arrived 31st of March 7lbs 4oz
    Anna-River arrived 31st of March 7lbs 2oz & 51cms
    Hollo- Chelsea Rose-Mary arrived on 3rd April-8lbs 10oz
    Mrs C-Susanna Dawn arrived on 5th April-8lbs 2oz & 48cms
    Last edited by Khaleesi; April 9th, 2009 at 02:09 PM.

Are you taking anything to help your supply Mo? I hope cookie has a great weigh in for you tomorrow.

No not yet, my LC said just to pump & feed every 3hrs. Been doing that & my milk started coming through yesterday & today it's really come through so i can express upto 50ml now.
    Dakota gained 100 grams at her weigh which is great news, but i'm thinking the weight gain is from comp formula feeds i had to give her.
    So i guess i'll find out now she wont need formula anymore.

Trinity - glad to hear she has put on 100grams - my dd has to also have an extra weigh in due to low weight gain. I have terribly cracked and bleeding nipples, and have also got nipple thrush which is extremely painful. I have been dreading feeds and also had to comp formula. Things are slowly getting better, so much for the 2nd on being easier to bf!

Storm - my dd loves having a wakeful period at 5am every morn!

PM-I really feel for you, hope they heal up quickly for you. I can understand dreading feeding time.

Things are going much better here feeding wise, Kodi is pooing & weeing regularly now, She's also waking herself up for feeds & when she is awake she's nice & settled. I've been told by my LC that these are all really good signs she's getting plenty of milk. So that makes me much happier.

Storm hope you & Noah are well. Noah is such a Cutie love the FB pics.

Hi girls
    I wanna join this group too, even though she was born the 11th, i didnt even know it was here till Trinity mentioned it in the pregnancy thread, it does seem very quiet in here!

I never knew breastfeeding would be so hard, i have found it must tougher than i thought, i always worry whether she is getting enough, some times she just wants to be on there all the time!!!!

My little girl is three weeks old today she has put on 220 grams this week so she must be getting something, we both have thrush, poor little thing hates the Nilstat, she makes the funniest face when she has to have it. Hope it is gone soon for both of us

She slept last night from 11 till five, i was so grateful for the sleep, hope it continues

How is everybody else doing?

Kell breastfeeding can be very hard, you would think it would be easy but it's not.
    Cookie does a lot of cluster feeds during the day, feels like i'm always b/fing.
    Hope the thrush clears up soon for you both.

Hi all,
    I was also unaware of this thread. Thanks Trinity.
    It is good to stay in the same group.
    I was thinking about how tricky bf is when I was in hospital! I assisted many women to bf when I worked at the Mother baby unit and fed my boys for 12 months each but I found the midwives still had advice for me. It is a complex skill to be sure and relies on both mum and bub getting it together.
    PM - feeling for you with the cracks and thrush - I remember that pain all too well (even years later!). Have some healing vibes
    Oh and I remember having a toddler who nearly loved his little newborn brother to death - hardest year of my life! Best wishes to you for plenty of rest and caring people to support you.

Trinity - good to hear the comps are no longer required. Keep up the good pumping and you will probably end up with an abundance soon! Rest is super important in the milk production process as is food. You probably know that but thought it worth a mention.

My DD has a snuffly nose. She has been a top little feeder and sleeper but her dad has a cold and she is a bit restless onight with difficulty breathing. I'm going to have a short nap now as she wouldnt let me this morning.

I thought this would be a good place to introduce myself, hope that is alright. I had my baby girl just over 2 weeks ago, on the 17th of March. She was 2 weeks early (EDD 31st March), 2.9kg and 50cm long. Labour was spontaneous and lasted about 12hrs, I decided not to have any drugs and ended up with no tears or need for cuts/stitches which I am pretty proud of. I did have to have my waters broken so it was not a natural birth. She lost 12% of her birth weight in the first few days which was terrifying but is now over 3kg! Breastfeeding was really tricky at first but I think we are getting the hang of it now and they are really happy with her gains. I'm 21 (was 20 when I found out I was pregnant) and living with my partner who is 24 (about to turn 25 this month). I've been lurking around the forums for a couple of weeks now and really look forward to getting to know you all

Jitterbug - welcome!
    I fell pregnant with my first baby at 20 yrs of age. I can remember people making me feel like I was so young but I felt very ready and capable. It used to p*** me off no end.
    Now I am 40 and have had my 3rd baby and am at the other end of things - funny thing is everyone thinks I am in my 20s still so I just get very normal responses until they see I have teenagers.

I should say that Tirion Shaye was born on 16th March 2009 at 1412hrs by csection and scored 9 and 10 on her apgars. She weighed 3280grams and is now 3610g.
    She never separated from either parent for a full 2 weeks from arrival and presents as very settled in demeanor

Of course I would have liked to experience vaginal delivery but I have to say that the staff at the hospital went to great lengths to provide an intimate and special time for all of us. We felt very relaxed and grateful.

Now - considering my options re doing some on-line teaching at home in a few weeks. It is hard to know if I will be ready to dedicate time to it at this stage. Babies change and things happen and I just dont know. Is anyone else looking at work options?

Bron, No i didn't know that, thanks for sharing.
    I'm going to be a SAHM for awhile, but eventually i would like to go back to school.

Welcome Jitterbug & i was 21 when i 1st fell pregnant & 22 when i had my 1st DD.

Cookie & I went to a b/fing class today & the LC said we are both doing extremely well.
    She showed me an easier way for Cookie to attach. Also taught us to let the baby come to the nipple instead of us bringing the nipple to them. Can't believe how a few little things like that make such a difference.

hey all,

i am glad to hear all our bubbas are doing well!

we are still having some sleeping problems as she wants to sleep all day and wake up at night. we have tried to wake her and keep her awake but she is stubborn(like me). she is feeding well bottle feeding and has put abit of weight on. i cant believe how quick the time is passing by, i am looking forward to her interacting a little bit more.

hello jitterbug - i was 19 when i fell pregnant was 20 when ds1 came, i had the same looks from people that i was young to be having a baby. although some of the midwives i had were treating me like dd1 was my 1st and not 3rd i had to remind them that i was capable and prepared, it did get a bit frustrating.

take care everyone

Hi ladies, I'm still here, just been so flat out atm. *sigh* it never ends.
    Took Noah to get weighed today & he has gained 290gms, very happy with that.

HI to everyone, hope you are all doing well I'll pop back asap, LOL which is never these days, it's too hard to drag the girls off the pc.

Welcome Jitterbug!!

Jo how much did Noah weigh at birth & how much does he weigh now?

Treena hope Ally gets her sleep sorted out soon for you & i also can't believe how quick time is going.

AFU-Cookie is 2 weeks already time is going way to quickly. I am looking forward to when Maddi & Cookie can interact more with each other tho.
    Our Health nurse comes out on Monday, looking forward to seeing how long Cookie is now, she's is going to be very tall like me i think.

Treena 217 - I was pleased to hear you are not going back to work full time. I get worried about people who do in the first few months as I have seen some women fall apart as a result. What you are doing sounds stretching but not devastating. Arent babies hard to get them to reverse sleep cycle!! I just dont turn any lights on at night - I use the light of my mobile to attach Tirion. She sleeps as soon as she is fed but sometimes that is in bed with mum and dad. She does play more during the day. I dont know if that is just a case of luck though.

DD has a bit of a cold - as does DH. So I have been getting less sleep. Just had a 2 hour nap and feeling better.
    I am finding it hard to get in to some sort of productive routine. Have not been a SAHM for a very long time.

Trinity - glad to hear bf class went so well. Hope everything continues to become easier. I love that you still call your baby Cookie - a cool nick name!
    When I had DS2 we all called him BJ. At the time this was not a rude abbreviation. Benjamin decided he did not want the nick name when he went to school so it was abandoned but we still meet up with people today who call him BJ because of those early years!

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast